Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Hey thread, I have a Wave 1 Shipping pledge I'ma back out of. I can't justify spending $100 on more unpainted minis when I still have most of Bones I and II unpainted, and while some of Bones III are cool and the paints are a good deal, I can also just buy stuff later. So, hey, shortly after this gets posted, I'm canceling. Maybe one of you can grab it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

djwetmouse posted:

Right now the pathfinder one is interesting me the most, anyone know the name of the top two models, I can't seem to find them on the reaper site?

My email says " It's time to add even more models to the Core set in the form of the Pathfinder Iconics, Reiko, Crowe, Quinn, Oloch, and the Brother of the Seal! "

So those are their names, although I dunno which is which.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Leperflesh posted:

My email says " It's time to add even more models to the Core set in the form of the Pathfinder Iconics, Reiko, Crowe, Quinn, Oloch, and the Brother of the Seal! "

Reiko is the iconic ninja, while this is the Brother(hood) of the Seal figure.

e: Crowe the bloodrager
Oloch the warpriest
Quinn the investigator

and the other iconics from the other Kickstarters.

Majuju fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jul 16, 2015

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

Thank you from the site.

Clockwise
60084: Reiko, Ninja ($5.99)

60152: Brotherhood of the Seal ($6.99)

60175: Oloch, Iconic Warpriest ($11.29)

60176: Quinn, Iconic Investigator ($6.99)

60177: Crowe, Iconic Bloodrager ($9.49)

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Oh, that is a sweet looking cannon. Not terribly excited by the second part of the expansion, but it was already fifty bucks worth of minis to me, so I'll just call 'em extra. I'd like to see more angles of the kaiju titan thing. That looks like it might be kind of cool.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Dang, that makes the expansion a lot better. I was expecting like, 5 dudes.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

I love that cannon, but what would I ever use it for? That's the only thing stopping me from gettng one.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

homullus posted:

Hey thread, I have a Wave 1 Shipping pledge I'ma back out of. I can't justify spending $100 on more unpainted minis when I still have most of Bones I and II unpainted, and while some of Bones III are cool and the paints are a good deal, I can also just buy stuff later. So, hey, shortly after this gets posted, I'm canceling. Maybe one of you can grab it?

If you've not yet done so, I'd like to bump up mine to wave 1. Add me on steam and we can coordinate it better if you'd like. :)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/spessmarine/

Esser-Z posted:

I love that cannon, but what would I ever use it for? That's the only thing stopping me from gettng one.

Death Korps of Krieg Basilisk? :v:

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Death Korps of Krieg Basilisk? :v:

I didn't even play Guard when iI DID play 40k, man!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
90 dollars for a trio of Basilisks, there's a perfect place to start!

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Captain Invictus posted:

90 dollars for a trio of Basilisks, there's a perfect place to start!

I dunno man, I'm seeing IG Basilisks on ebay for cheaper than that.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Esser-Z posted:

This has almost never stopped me. :allears:

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Let's be honest, I don't think that people have a plan for 95% of their Bones haul. It's just marginally easier to convince yourself you'll find uses for $30 worth of completely random stuff compared to a single enormous cannon.

Also, you can obviously use that cannon as the centerpiece of the RPG villains master plan to shoot the moon out of the sky.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Esser-Z posted:

It could be an antique on display in front of the VFW hall in your model train set-up.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I guess I'm in the minority but I'm completely unexcited about the artillery piece. I bet I can walk into pretty much any hobby shop that sells plastic model kits and there will be at least a couple scale models of artillery pieces to choose from, probably for like $25-$30 bucks or so, and probably at various different scales. A 1/35 scale model might look outsized, or maybe just look extra big and impressive for 28mm minis; at the other end, 1/72 probably looks dinky. But anything in between should work.

I suppose it's cool that Reaper is dipping into modern-era historicals like this, but it seems out of place compared to the fantasy/sci-fi focus of everything else in Bones. Maybe it makes sense that it's actually a Victoria Miniatures thing.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
My Orcs could loot the hell outta that thing, but I'm not likely to ever play 40k again so I think I'll pass.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

If I suddenly found myself with an excess of cash I'd probably get one of them, but as it stands with the groups I currently game with I'm much more likely to find a use for Dragon #284 than Artillery Piece #1.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

senrath posted:

I'm much more likely to find a use for Dragon #284 than Artillery Piece #1.

Have you considered a mashup of the two? Like what if the cannon had the dragon's head, and wings, and maybe some arms and/or legs.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

I'm not sure I could make that look even remotely good.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Then make it look bad and claim the orcs did it under the loose supervision of an evil necromancer :v:

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
Even more than the cannon itself, I'm pretty psyched by the military ladies on it. They're pretty rad looking.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Oh man that bonus ending to the video :dance:

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
Bryan posted this picture over on the Reaper boards:

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

I guess I'm in the minority but I'm completely unexcited about the artillery piece. I bet I can walk into pretty much any hobby shop that sells plastic model kits and there will be at least a couple scale models of artillery pieces to choose from, probably for like $25-$30 bucks or so, and probably at various different scales. A 1/35 scale model might look outsized, or maybe just look extra big and impressive for 28mm minis; at the other end, 1/72 probably looks dinky. But anything in between should work.

I suppose it's cool that Reaper is dipping into modern-era historicals like this, but it seems out of place compared to the fantasy/sci-fi focus of everything else in Bones. Maybe it makes sense that it's actually a Victoria Miniatures thing.

Yeah, but this one has mixed-gender crew by Victoria!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

JackMann posted:

I don't care about the dragon, but you guys have no idea how long I've been trying to find a good humanoid skull-headed dinosaur in an air-guitar pose.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

JackMann posted:

The thing on the right is definitely singing a song

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
I'm actually more interested now that I see it from more angles. I'm a huge sucker for weird monsters, though. I love the feathers. Definitely going with some nice rainbow feathers on his head.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

evenworse username posted:

The thing on the right is definitely singing a song

More Than a Feeling just came on the radio and he is rocking out

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

If you've not yet done so, I'd like to bump up mine to wave 1. Add me on steam and we can coordinate it better if you'd like. :)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/spessmarine/

Sorry about that! I really did let it go right after posting. :(

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

JackMann posted:

He is just begging for a guitar.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

JackMann posted:

Top hat and cane on the kaiju

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Esser-Z posted:

Yeah, but this one has mixed-gender crew by Victoria!

Yeah, I'm mostly happy about the crew, and want to support that. But let's be honest: my bi-weekly game crew has a proclivity for high explosives, so If I Buy It, It Will Come (into one of our Savage Worlds games). :v:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Slimnoid posted:

I dunno man, I'm seeing IG Basilisks on ebay for cheaper than that.

poo poo, brand new ones? A bit surprised by that, unless age of sigmor has also damaged 40k by its mere existence.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

poo poo, brand new ones? A bit surprised by that, unless age of sigmor has also damaged 40k by its mere existence.

Nah, not brand new, but I've seen one or two still on sprue go for like $17-20.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
As others have said, you do also get a neat crew with this, but really for me the tiebreaker is that Victoria is awesome so even if the GW product had parity with hers in every other way, she'd still have the advantage.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Want that Tiamat :flashfap:

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib

Super Waffle posted:

Want that Tiamat :flashfap:

The little blob on the lower-right edge of Tianot is Sir Forscale.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

JackMann posted:

The little blob on the lower-right edge of Tianot is Sir Forscale.

:vince:

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Incidentally, if you want to complete your Bones experience, you should know that you can buy Sir Forscale, who is already in Bonesium!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Ok the pledge manager is a little uninformative.
Right now I have my pledge at $1 if I want to get, lets say, invisable heroes, do i uncheck the $1 and just check the $7?

• Locked thread