Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Iridium posted:

someone did a data breakdown of /r/coontown's posters.

http://www.africanawiki.org/_blackbox/coontown/

im the dog pictures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

someone get me a new av

this, but even more farmery

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

starting a new gimmick maybe https://www.reddit.com/r/InternetIsBeautiful/comments/3djvrn/test_your_rhythm_keeping_skills/ct5zz7i

fatherboxx posted:

im the dog pictures

if you play minecraft expect the number of people calling you the n-word to be... over 9,000!

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

also here's out IK being totally PC

Smythe posted:

*fat stupid reject with a big sloppy gut hanging out of his GAP polo shirt* i love consoles. i cant aim well nor can i type. precision is for faggots, speaking of faggots - bruce? would you come in here, im ready to suck yuou off again in between my rounds of a platformer designed from children or the mentally infirmed, or a shooter with built-in autoaim becuase the input methods are so fail.

*clean cut, trim, perfectly manicured PC gamer in a banana republic polo sits upright at his immaculate desk. a 10keyless mechaincal; keyboard with cherry blue switches for precision typing and gaming echoes through his cavernous home, easily acquired due to his towering intellect allowing him to traverse the corporate ladder with ease and grace* I've been honing my skills for years. In the world of PC Gaming, the skill ceiling is unattainable by any save for only the most elite of gamers. Nonetheless I strive for perfection. Every round I concentrate on doing the best I possibly can. I don't have time to screw around with low-rent games for youths and my inferiors.

Smythe posted:

I'll humor you with a response, you simpering little human being.

1) No. even so, you get double, nay, quad frames on a windows with same hardware. Why? I dont loving know. I don't work in computers.

2) Pay close attention betty beta bitch: im a winner in every facet of my life. I was born a winner. I win at work. I win at girlfriends. and I win in happiness per capita. You don't know the first thing about video game ownership. Speaking of ownership, in the words of the legendary game designer Icefraud: I just pwned your head. Rofl

Smythe posted:

poor bitch barista fag

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

he sure does like that word

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

lol smythe what a character! sock it to em buddy!

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
i literally think of that time when they started banning/probing for ironic racism in lf as the beginning of its degeneration

but then these days i frown every time our beloved ik calls someone a human being and i think i'm overall a better person now than i used to be so :shrug:

(also smythe's new ATTACK ON OUR FREEDOM OF SPEECH from when he took over yospos is cool and good, thanks buddy <3)

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
i'm the books in "Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed"

all of them

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
i actually glanced at coontown yesterday and i can't believe those shitheads let them stay. holy gently caress :stare:

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

someone get me a new av

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

someone get me a new av

If you go and take a picture of a cow on your farm I'll pay for it to be your av

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
reddit's admins are taking the neville chamberlain approach to this

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

PleasureKevin posted:

also here's out IK being totally PC

he's from san francisco, he can say that word it's been reclaimed

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
the data from that africanawiki site got updated. A friend who's doing some statistics and data visualization work put it in another format so you can see all those little subreddits that wasn't labeled before, too.

https://public.tableau.com/profile/matt4235#!/vizhome/VisualizingHatred/Sheet1

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
what is kotakuinaction? is it just a general kotaku sub or is it gatorgate related

cause i knew kotaku was awful but...wow

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner

Boxturret posted:

is it gatorgate related

yes

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
i mean if you even have to ask, then it probably is

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Boxturret posted:

what is kotakuinaction? is it just a general kotaku sub or is it gatorgate related

cause i knew kotaku was awful but...wow
tumblrinaction is a sub that makes fun of tumblr/other "SJWs", kotakuinaction is the gamergate spinoff because they were overflowing TiA

Condiv posted:

oh, here's something i just learned about reddit

the report button on private messages just doesn't work

so if you piss off a racist rapist (ie: a redditor), expect a never ending stream of racist rape threats in your messages
yeah, you need to PM /r/reddit.com instead, which is not told to anyone
and the admins probably won't write you back or take any action

dimebag dinkman
Feb 20, 2003

efb

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
i wonder if the whole gamergate thing is the birth of a new west borough baptist church type of group. they're just so full of hate :smith:

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Boxturret posted:

i wonder if the whole gamergate thing is the birth of a new west borough baptist church type of group. they're just so full of hate :smith:

lol no they are typical american white males. the reason they seem so full of hate is because for the first time they aren't being constantly pandered to (only 98% of the time now instead of 100%) and they are throwing an extended toddler shitfit

Bad Sneakers
Sep 4, 2004

me irl

Boxturret posted:

have you ever met someone who self identifies as a "gamer"? i have and that poo poo didn't surprise me in the least

dimebag dinkman
Feb 20, 2003

right wing attitudes & tendencies were always gonna have to find a way to re-assert & express in a palatable way for a new online generation, "I'm Just So Sick Of All These drat [SJWs]" / "They're Coming To Take Away My [Video Games]" is as good a way as any I guess

Bad Sneakers
Sep 4, 2004

me irl
it's basically just an excuse to vent the contempt and toxic mentalities they'd always had regardless of who the target of the week is

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
and it doesn't really matter because the people theyre so mad at dont really have any power, nor are they particularly on the track to gain any

so its bunch of idiots who think that aaa will stop pandering to them when in fact that's absolutely not the case- and they're mad at a bunch of absolute nobodies and industry has-beens whose games they are entirely free to not buy and never have to think about

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

Iridium posted:

someone did a data breakdown of /r/coontown's posters.

http://www.africanawiki.org/_blackbox/coontown/

lol read that methodology

the venn diagram of "passionate about social justice" and "numerically literate" remains a figure 8

dimebag dinkman
Feb 20, 2003

Fabricated posted:

and it doesn't really matter because the people theyre so mad at dont really have any power, nor are they particularly on the track to gain any

so its bunch of idiots who think that aaa will stop pandering to them when in fact that's absolutely not the case- and they're mad at a bunch of absolute nobodies and industry has-beens whose games they are entirely free to not buy and never have to think about

absolutely, they're fighting against the ACORN of video games

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

watching reddit die like this is amazing.

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx
lol gawker is apparently trending worldwide on twitter right now because they outed tim geithner's brother (??), meanwhile about half the tweets I see calling them out are from guys using the gamergate tag

I guess the lesson here is that you get what you pay for when you get your news for free

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Internaut! posted:

lol gawker is apparently trending worldwide on twitter right now because they outed tim geithner's brother (??), meanwhile about half the tweets I see calling them out are from guys using the gamergate tag

I guess the lesson here is that you get what you pay for when you get your news for free

Aren't you like 35 lol

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

gawker has always been poo poo hth

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

i like deadspin tho :(

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx
incidentally I think the outrage there should be the fact that a rag ran a story about a private citizen having an affair, the fact that he banged a dude makes no difference

~equality~

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

was wondering when The Gamergate Guy would show up

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

http://www.reddit.com/u/pleasurekevin

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Internaut! posted:

gamergate participated in the outing of a trans woman and it got stickied on kotakuinaction but now gawker outed someone so doing it is evil

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

The "chimpire" can be ignored by decent Redditors. The "fempire," with their downvote brigades, cannot.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I enjoyed the pages of everyone here getting all frothed up and excited that Reddit was actually going to do something, then the wet fart that was the actual announcement

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

gamergate participated in the outing of a trans woman and it got stickied on kotakuinaction but now gawker outed someone so doing it is evil

I have no idea what that is, if it's on reddit but not on http://imgur.com/r/aww I don't see it

twatter just stuck a thing in my face so I clicked on it wondering what happened to james franco, but it's full of reddit and gamergate people calling out gawker for running that story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
i had fun engaging gamergate on twitter earlier. if you ever want to join in, call out the bs on their sacred cow and you'll get four different people trying to tell you otherwise

• Locked thread