Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Tuskin38 posted:

Which is a problem because they're running out of Canon designs.
They already solved that problem. Release a new tier, sell the same drat ship for $5 more! :toot:

quote:

Also apparently the Romulan Time Ship doesn't have a cloak or a Singularity core.
They haven't and never have, no. It's really kind of silly. Then again the klingon one doesn't have a cloak either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

Tuskin38 posted:

Which is a problem because they're running out of Canon designs.

There is still a few weird First Contact background boats and Wolf 359 kitbash designs that they could polish up and integrate with ease to satisfy a bit of demand there.

Not to mention close-canon novel designs or some of the "fanon" ones created by people working on the show such as a Nebula-style version of the Ambassador and whatnot.

Though their new trend seems to be release pointy saucer oddy inspired toys one after the other.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.

Goat Pillager posted:

There is still a few weird First Contact background boats and Wolf 359 kitbash designs that they could polish up and integrate with ease to satisfy a bit of demand there.

Not to mention close-canon novel designs or some of the "fanon" ones created by people working on the show such as a Nebula-style version of the Ambassador and whatnot.

Though their new trend seems to be release pointy saucer oddy inspired toys one after the other.

They can use any ship design ship owned by CBS AFAIK, which I think includes anything on screen.

The Luna class is 'owned' by CBS through a design contest, same as the Odyssey.

The Vesta was not owned by CBS which is why it took so long to get it. Legal hoops and that.

I think any design submitted to the Ent-F contest is owned by them as well.

Tuskin38 fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jul 20, 2015

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
I'm kinda sad this game is such a chore to play. I have the tag @Misandry and was going to run around with a fully clothed Orion with a vaguely feminist profile, and then just stand back and wait.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
Just wait for a double XP weekend, you can get up to 50 in no time, which is all you should need to get whatever ships and gear your Jezebel Orion needs. Past that, don't bother.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Not even that, just do it right out of the gate, if you really want to level play space pokemon for some xp while you annoy people. Summer event is over though so game is pretty much dead again.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Tuskin38 posted:

They can use any ship design ship owned by CBS AFAIK, which I think includes anything on screen.

The Luna class is 'owned' by CBS through a design contest, same as the Odyssey.

The Vesta was not owned by CBS which is why it took so long to get it. Legal hoops and that.

I always hoped they'd release a Wolf 359 ship or two, and I remember them having plans for the New Orleans class, but I guess all of that went to poo poo. And it's a shame they couldn't have used some ships from Legacy. Those were some batshit designs that would have fit in well with the shitfest this game has become.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Da Mott Man posted:

Good news everyone, the wiki has been migrated to our new server and upgraded with the latest updates. You can now request a password reset via email so no reason to bother Grimrak about forgetting your password anymore.

About loving time you lazy piece of poo poo do you have any idea how hard it was to delete all those accounts, christ

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Can we automate grim out of existence next?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Some highlights from lago's pastebin of xean's crazy meltdown in TheTradingChannel

[5:43] [TheTradingChannel] Xean@xtern1ty: come on bully boys, or did your balls just shivel you whining bunch of morons

[5:45] [TheTradingChannel] Xean@xtern1ty: Suck your own dicks kids, no matter how much you try to bully me, you'll only succeed in bullying yourselves.

[5:51] [TheTradingChannel] Xean@xtern1ty: I never call names until others do first. You cannot excuse your own poor manners. You kids have some of the worst people skills. You need to go out and get a life,

[6:09] [TheTradingChannel] Xean@xtern1ty: Go gently caress yourselves bullies and remember, I'm the one guy you can never intimidate or get away with what you do. I'll always unmask the lies you tell.

[6:29] [TheTradingChannel] Xean@xtern1ty: Even if you trashtalk about me and I don't respond, don't think you're getting away with it. Somewhere someplace, it'll come back to you.

[6:32] [TheTradingChannel] Xean@xtern1ty: Bullies resort to threats all the time, there's not one single one among them who would show the restraint I've had. Not one. I wish the roles could be reversed for real, see how they would feel in my

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Tuskin38 posted:

This is also why I wouldn't hold my breath for a T6 version. The Vesta's probably the "safest" ship to upgrade for the foreseeable future.

quote:

Totally, that's a pretty standard thing for contests like that. I think the Chimera was based off a runner up?

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

Korgan posted:

About loving time you lazy piece of poo poo do you have any idea how hard it was to delete all those accounts, christ

Eat a dick Grimrak, I did it all for you and this is how you treat me, I'll just burn the whole thing to the ground. :emo:

Anyways, the second round of upgrades are completed on the wiki. The wiki now has an SSL cert, upgraded caching and spdy enabled. Now its up to you goons to update the articles that are on the wiki itself.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

hakimashou posted:

Some highlights from lago's pastebin of xean's crazy meltdown in TheTradingChannel

[5:43] [TheTradingChannel] Xean@xtern1ty: come on bully boys, or did your balls just shivel you whining bunch of morons

[5:45] [TheTradingChannel] Xean@xtern1ty: Suck your own dicks kids, no matter how much you try to bully me, you'll only succeed in bullying yourselves.

[5:51] [TheTradingChannel] Xean@xtern1ty: I never call names until others do first. You cannot excuse your own poor manners. You kids have some of the worst people skills. You need to go out and get a life,

[6:09] [TheTradingChannel] Xean@xtern1ty: Go gently caress yourselves bullies and remember, I'm the one guy you can never intimidate or get away with what you do. I'll always unmask the lies you tell.

[6:29] [TheTradingChannel] Xean@xtern1ty: Even if you trashtalk about me and I don't respond, don't think you're getting away with it. Somewhere someplace, it'll come back to you.

[6:32] [TheTradingChannel] Xean@xtern1ty: Bullies resort to threats all the time, there's not one single one among them who would show the restraint I've had. Not one. I wish the roles could be reversed for real, see how they would feel in my

Did anyone point out he's the bully now?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Asimo posted:

This is also why I wouldn't hold my breath for a T6 version. The Vesta's probably the "safest" ship to upgrade for the foreseeable future.

It is also pretty and good

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Da Mott Man posted:

Now its up to you goons to update the articles that are on the wiki itself.
You clearly didn't think this plan all the way through.

SKY COQ posted:

It is also pretty and good
Yeah. I've mostly used a Pathfinder lately when I want to gently caress around with a sciboat (you can actually make a kitbash of it look pretty decent, especially with the improved Intrepid parts) but trading a skill slot for a hangar bay is probably more than fair there.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

Anoia posted:

Did anyone point out he's the bully now?

I just did in his recruitment thread.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Da Mott Man posted:

Eat a dick Grimrak, I did it all for you and this is how you treat me, I'll just burn the whole thing to the ground. :emo:

:a2m:

hakimashou posted:

This is gold

EDIT ahahaha reading the pastebin, he kicked off because some pubbie named @galactorgoon spoke up in the channel and he saw red, assumed he was a goon and spat the dummy, loving amazing

Korgan fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jul 21, 2015

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Korgan posted:

This is gold

EDIT ahahaha reading the pastebin, he kicked off because some pubbie named @galactorgoon spoke up in the channel and he saw red, assumed he was a goon and spat the dummy, loving amazing

THAT is hilarious. He'll never be able to read the word "goon" again without flying into a frothing rage. He'll need trigger warnings before viewing the words "dental" and "goon" for the rest of his life.

Edit: I posted in the thread calling on fleets to agree on sanctions against Xtern1ty until Xean steps down from his leadership position and a more agreeable candidate is approved by a committee of Xtern1ty allies (with SFD taking a leading role in talks, naturally). This scandal cannot go unnoticed or unpunished, and, if Xean were truly a progressive leader, he would graciously bow-out of the spotlight and allow his fleet to restore its reputation in the eyes of the community. It is our responsibility to help Xean along in this time of crisis for Xtern1ty. It's what any ally would do, should do for a friend.

DonDoodles fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jul 21, 2015

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I just want to see him go to the dentist.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Acer Pilot posted:

Can we automate grim out of existence next?
Would this automated Grimrak remember to queue up NoP research lab projects?

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

Korgan posted:

This is gold

I need to send this guy some stuff as an apology.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Pretty sure that isn't the first rant he's had in that channel so I'm amazed he hasn't been banned from it already.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
So the thing we've talked about happened and we're good to go. This will be our best operation yet.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Aleth posted:

Pretty sure that isn't the first rant he's had in that channel so I'm amazed he hasn't been banned from it already.

i dont think the mod stee1max had gotten to experience a xean pm-a-thon firsthand. crosis banned him from his trading channel after being spammed with pms bitching about cyberbully and trole

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I showed ipkriss, zaichal, and pulse how to access the Lobi Dabo on the Captain's Table vet/lifer station. It's a bit of a read since there is a procedure involved, but i included screenshots.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

quote:

Also apparently the Romulan Time Ship doesn't have a cloak or a Singularity core.

Asimo posted:

They haven't and never have, no. It's really kind of silly. Then again the klingon one doesn't have a cloak either.

I remember some dev getting really pissy on the forums when people suggested "oh its just a copy/paste job of the existing time ships", and the dev said that Craptic had spent ages discussing the merits of singularity powers and cloaks on ships as powerful as the temporal ships, and then decided against it.

But let's be honest, as the three "unique" bridges are just copy/pastes with the colour palette changed to either red, green or blue, it was probably just a copy/paste job.

And there still isn't a Romulan temporal shuttle.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

hakimashou posted:

i dont think the mod stee1max had gotten to experience a xean pm-a-thon firsthand. crosis banned him from his trading channel after being spammed with pms bitching about cyberbully and trole

why didnt crosis take a picture of the pm a thon?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

BombermanX posted:

why didnt crosis take a picture of the pm a thon?

It's hard to aim a camera with your head firmly planted up your own rear end.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Is there any way to improve looting from the worst interface in any MMO?

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Carecat posted:

Probably a macro or something.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

You have autoloot on right?

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Carecat posted:

Just stop looting because it's all vendor trash.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

g0del posted:

Just stop looting because it's all vendor trash.
Eh, no real reason not to just turn autolooting on and vendor everything. Enemies don't drop credits, so it's the only way to get some basic funds. But yeah there's literally nothing that drops that's worth using (you can maybe toss purple tac consoles or crtdx3 weapons on the exchange I guess) so don't bother trying to sort through it. :effort:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Asimo posted:

Eh, no real reason not to just turn autolooting on and vendor everything. Enemies don't drop credits, so it's the only way to get some basic funds. But yeah there's literally nothing that drops that's worth using (you can maybe toss purple tac consoles or crtdx3 weapons on the exchange I guess) so don't bother trying to sort through it. :effort:

Superior upgrades.

Very rarely.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.

Asimo posted:

Totally, that's a pretty standard thing for contests like that. I think the Chimera was based off a runner up?

The Chimera yeah. Some ships use parts from other submitted designs as well.

I think the Fed Command Cruisers are loosely based off this submission.

http://fuzzymodem.deviantart.com/art/Enterprise-F-211174350
http://fuzzymodem.deviantart.com/art/Enterprise-1701-F-520999065

At least how the nacelles are connected to the hull.

Tuskin38 fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jul 21, 2015

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Sometimes I'm tempted to reinstall STO since I have a hot new computer and I want to see how good it'll look now.

Then I catch up on this thread :yikes:

CrushedWill
Sep 27, 2012

Stand it like a man... and give some back

SirPhoebos posted:

Sometimes I'm tempted to reinstall STO since I have a hot new computer and I want to see how good it'll look now.

Then I catch up on this thread :yikes:

What you said. I'm sure this game would run great with an i5 and GTX 970 but the meta > game play.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

CrushedWill posted:

What you said. I'm sure this game would run great with an i5 and GTX 970

You'd be surprised

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

You'd be surprised
Seriously, the summer event was a slideshow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrushedWill
Sep 27, 2012

Stand it like a man... and give some back
As bad as the game is, I might fire it up when I'm done studying in November. Assuming the game lasts that long.

• Locked thread