Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

did she play animal crossing after making that backup?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

if animal crossing made a save after that backup was made she's hosed

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

he said nothing wrong

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Detective No. 27 posted:

She's a couple hours away in another city, so I can't be there to do it myself. She coincidentally backed up her SD card to her laptop this morning. So right now she's deleting the card and copying everything over. But part of me is thinking Animal Crossing isn't gonna like that for Nintendo reasons.

I'm pretty sure she'll be ok, but I dunno if AC has any special save issues with it.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

it has an anti-savescumming thing where only your most recent save is valid. if you try to load an old backup it wont work

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

She's probably screwed. drat. She was really close to 100 percenting her item catalog too.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Awesome! posted:

there are no good review sites. if you see something interesting ask here and we will tell you if its good or not

oh hey you got your good avatar back

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i know that goons still play ac and if you posted about this in the ac thread she would probably get showered in stuff to rebuild her town. not as good as a working save but maybe it will help a bit :(

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Awesome! posted:

i know that goons still play ac and if you posted about this in the ac thread she would probably get showered in stuff to rebuild her town. not as good as a working save but maybe it will help a bit :(

Thanks. I might arrange that once she gets to the acceptance phase.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'm trying to play through the bravely default demo but the cat monster keeps wrecking my poo poo. do u really not get any magic spells at all except defensive stuff?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I have all the good items in AC and tons of fuckboy villagers. if she can take Diva off my hands, she can have the lil dickshit rear end in a top hat. I have like 50 or 60 million bells too? Maybe? I have a ton of millions of bells, I know for sure, so she can have whatever. I can't be held liable if your girl falls in love with me for being a dopeass AC player, though.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

dont worry all he has to do is show her your posts :coolfish:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Awesome! posted:

dont worry all he has to do is show her your posts :coolfish:

:wow:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Abu Dave posted:

i'm trying to play through the bravely default demo but the cat monster keeps wrecking my poo poo. do u really not get any magic spells at all except defensive stuff?

There are offensive spells in the classes you'd expect them to be in, like black mage or summoner

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
diva can't read, she's a frog

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

codenameFANGIO posted:

It is scientific fact that this site employs garbage people, and pedophiles.

Well yeah, but what about Nintendojo?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Sam Faust posted:

lmao

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Sam Faust posted:

But seriously, they employ noirstronaut. :whitewater:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
so did target like 7 years ago and they're doing ok for themselves

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

So it's just a coincidence that Target went out of business only a few months ago here in Canada?!?!?!??!

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
can not confirm nor deny if my employment at target led to its eventual demise in canada

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sam Faust posted:

lol

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

codenameFANGIO posted:

But seriously, they employ noirstronaut. :whitewater:

Is he seriously a video game journalist? lol

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Sire Oblivion posted:

Is he seriously a video game journalist? lol

they had to have the Pepper On Wet Paper Metaphor Man, for his opinions and writing ability

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
i'm only in it for the women tbh

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
lol Nintendo is giving free AC adapters with n3dss in Canada

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's the first Terratia 3DS trailer (ripped from an actual 3DS, I think, so it looks extra bad):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMiV8b99GBU

...and some details from their forum:

quote:

Terraria 3DS is for New 3DS and the regular 3DS. There will be a few additional control options on New 3DS to take advantage of the extra buttons, but nothing that would prevent cross play between the consoles. We want everyone to be able to play!

Content-wise, we're seeing what we can shoehorn in. 3DS is less powerful than even a basic smartphone, and the lower screen resolution presents a challenge. Of course the two screens are also a massive opportunity, and one we will exploit to the full.

We've got everything up to 1.2 in so far, and we're still working. We won't get all the 1.3 content in for launch, we know that. But please look forward to further updates on how we're doing there.

A few people have mentioned 3D, but that's not currently a focus for us. The way 3DS works, it's a big overhead to render in 3D. It's more important that we get it working in 2D. Don't be fooled by the graphical style: the massive world of Terraria is a stiff challenge for 3DS.

I think you're going to enjoy touching to build and dig, but we don't make it compulsory. In fact, some of the controls stuff we've got working in 3DS works so nicely we are looking at rolling bits into the other console versions.

3DS is four player ad hoc. No download play on 3ds. Each player needs to have a copy of the game.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Those framerate drops look pretty brutal.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

You apparently won't need Cubic Ninja or Ocarina Of Time to do the new Ironfall hack now.

https://twitter.com/smealum/status/628434312333889536

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I should sell my copy now.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I always wanted to like Terreria, but I just loving cant. It looks so tedious.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
It seems like it actually has more stuff to do than Minecraft, and that is the epitome of doing tedious stuff.

And sort of in a self-aware irony, this is the Thread in which people are furiously masterbating to Animal Crossing and Monster Hunter. So, yeah...

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Terraria's pretty fun if you have a group to play it with, especially a group that likes building poo poo so you don't have to if you don't want to, but I don't think playing it on 3DS is a great way to go about it.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Anyone want a black Dattel grip? Give me your address and pay for the shipping (like $3?).

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah
Jesus loving Christ. The last boss in Bravely Default is ridiculous. Super super easy, spams attack that takes 80% of everyone's hit points 3 times in a row. Yay.

The first time I fought him I had him in his final form with loving 700 HP LEFT. Then he spammed me and I died. Took 3 more tries to take him down. I've never in my life had a loving final boss in an RPG take me 4 tries.

Awesome game though. I loved it. I really like that there is basically no reason at all to use a guide with it. Never any trouble finding where to go next, etc, more games need to be like this. All the QOL poo poo was nice, like being able to change encounter rates on the fly. I didn't fight a single trash mob for the last few chapters of the game.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

I know you're not looking for eshop game recommendations but I'm going to recommend Box Boy anyways

I just said that for political reasons. I secretly am.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm too dumb for Bravely Default unfortunately :(. I can't not keep having my party die in the demo due to poison and poo poo.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
In the final game, I ended up spending :10bux: on potions to get past the final boss. Somehow my Ninja Pirate combo wasn't working properly, even at LV99.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I found out about the Stop Time exploit halfway through the game and proceeded to use it to steamroll the rest of the game. It made things really easy, which was nice for grinding bosses and such, but I do feel like I cheated myself out of the challenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
My entire BD play style changed completely once I realized that if I sacrificed one character to be a BP-battery as the Performer I could wreck anything with classes that utilized BP like Thieves, Valkyries, and Spiritmasters.