Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
:siren:August Oath complete:siren:. Claiming technical challenge: OSL (The eyes. Better pics to follow) and Speed painting!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seamoose
May 30, 2015
I, Seamoose, hereby oath 3 different models from Privateer press' 28 mm game HORDES. A warpwolf stalker (plastic), Ghettotrix (plastic feral body and metal kit) and a gnarlhorn satyr (metal)

I will not be doing the technical challenge this month with this models but will try and oath something else if I can the pieces/inspiration.

Seamoose fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Aug 10, 2015

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
Oath complete!

Claiming technical challenge for the glowing eyes on the vampire.

Also, just because I like how they came out, here's a picture of these two next to the two I did last month:

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!
I, Bavius, oath to paint 1 Morkanaut - a 28mm model produced by Games Workshop for Warhammer 40,000

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

thegodofchuck posted:

Oath Complete!

Just like I mentioned in my original post, painting this put me in a huge dissatisfaction spiral, the paint job is pretty terrible (especially that power klaw) and it just reinforces my drive to not paint. Ugh. On the plus side, I did paint something. Maybe I'll revist the klaw if I ever feel more proficient, but I just don't feel like I can aim the brush and keep it stable enough to hit things like that, but I did want to try. I did get the really noticeable spot on the spikes after I saw it in the picture, at least. Actually looking at the picture makes me see about a million terrible things in higher resolution! :emo:

The 6-pack!

Backstory
Kaptain Badsnaggle had wrangled up the baddest, snazziest, flashiest (uv course) set of Mega-Armor out there from some worthless git Bad Moon (no other Orks could afford Mega-Armor, you see), and Kustomized it up proper, getting rid of that lame Bad Moon on the belt and putting a fancy gold belly plate in, throwing on a righteous Kaptain's hat, planting a proper Jolly Ork on the engine, painting it up in a nice Piratin' Purple and wearing Lucky Blue Pantaloons. Then his grotty team of Rulez Lawyers let him know that Mega-Armor had gotten an upgrade and his set barely qualified him as an 'Ard Boy, let alone a MAN.
"It'll be a moral victree, boyz... we've still got all the teef right? Oi, we spent 'em on the Armor? Maybe... Maybe Nazdreg's hiring..."

July technical challenge maybe? if that Jolly Ork is considered a banner.

On the spreadsheet, I don't have points for the July challenge. I was a little unsure if it qualified but looking at other oaths, I think it qualifies based on review of other points scored. A back banner qualified on at least one other oath, and in the below quote (in reference to another banner question, not mine specifically), krushgroove calls an icon a banner, so I think it qualifies.

krushgroove posted:

Soz!

The OED says

as well as

plus it's called a banner by the manufacturer of the model, so a banner it is!

OATHS ACCEPTED!

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Hey Krushgoove, I know you take some time sometimes responding to prize emails, but I just wanted to make sure you got my email about the Brushes I won a while back as its been like a month or more and I have no heard anything.

Thanks!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

On that note. I haven't seen my laser cut terrain from the last thread. Did you forget (which would be fine), or did it get lost (which would be less fine)?

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
On the flipside, I just got my KR Multicase in today!

It's the backpack version too, which I'd been eying off and on for a while now. It didn't come with any extra swag as far as I can tell, but that's perfectly fine by me and is more than enough to fit all my warhamms in.

So, thanks to KR and Krushgroove for the totally awesome prize!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Awesome! We do love KR Multicase here in the thread, and they do love us :)

So! Catching up!

The Sisko posted:

I the Sisko, do hereby oath the Assassins from the Assassinorum : Execution Force by GW (28mm)

I'm also declaring a Save the Whale! on my previous oath

Galaspar posted:

I, Galaspar, oath three chaos cultists by GW for August

Schmetterling posted:

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath for the month of August a Malifaux Ironsides box - Ironsides, the Captain, Mouse, and three Oxfordian Mages

BobFish posted:

I, BobFish, hereby oath these 3 converted Mantic Abyssal Dwarves for August.

LordAba posted:

:siren: I, Lord Aba, oath 5 pyromantics, 3 riot gggrrrrrrlllllsssss, 1 TOV, and 4 pylons (32mm models from Anvil 8 games for Aetherium).

Electric Hobo posted:

I, Electric Hobo, oath for the month of August: 1 Male Rogue from CP Models (28mm) and 2 homemade pieces of wall/paved road.

nesbit37 posted:

i, nesbit37, oath for August 27 ologhai and 4 ents all by Eureka miniatures at 10mm.

JcDent posted:

Is this thing on?

I, JcDent, oath these two GHQ sample packs for the month of August

One BMP-1 (seen here without a turret) , one BMP modification with ZPU on top (ZPU not pictured), 2 guns, one T-90, 8 Taliban, 9 Russian soldiers, one technical (without any guns).

All GHQ 6mm stuff from Third World Warriors and Warsaw Pact sample packs.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Let's do it on time! Oathing a full Destroyer Cult: 6 Destroyers, 6 Heavy Destroyers, and a Destroyer Lord! All GW.

Raphus C posted:

I Raphus C oath one Konverted Dakka-Jet GW, 28mm bladda bladda

lovely picture, I will post a new one if needed.

head58 posted:

I, head58, oath for August the first of what will be my mighty Skorne army: Lord Tormentor Morghoul, a Titan Gladiator, and an Agonizer. Photographed very very poorly but trust me, that's what they are!

Dr. Gargunza posted:

(looks over the judges' posts) Thank you so much for the points from June, guys! ...And now I guess I have to step up my efforts from now on, dammit....

Now then! I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to paint the following in the month of August: (1) Ramos (Wyrd Miniatures, 28mm) and (1) Con Mousling 2015 (Reaper, whatever scale their Mousling line is supposed to be)!. Both are metal, zenithal primed; the mousemarine is in two parts.

I might add something else later, after I figure out what the hell is wrong with my airbrush. For right now, I reserve the balance of this post for peer-pressuring TheCosmicMuffet into oathing something to paint.

bencreateddisco posted:

not the most stable before they're attached to their proper bases

edit: my brain is not working right now

Indolent Bastard posted:

August Oath: 1 Arrius, Skeletal Warrior from Reaper miniatures.

Seamoose posted:

I, Seamoose, hereby oath 3 different models from Privateer press' 28 mm game HORDES. A warpwolf stalker (plastic), Ghettotrix (plastic feral body and metal kit) and a gnarlhorn satyr (metal)

Oaths Accepted!

Iris Of Ether posted:

Random Shout-Out: LordAba also just donated a bunch of stuff to the North America grab bag! Pictures will be updated to that whenever I dig my camera out of a moving box soon!
Thanks a ton for donating to the Grab Bag, LordAba! If anyone is interested in donating some goodies, just let me or Iris of Ether know!

stabbington posted:

At long last, it's time to draw the prize for :frogsiren:Privateer Press Models Painted in June:frogsiren:! <snip>

Thank you to all of our participants, and I hope you continue to enjoy the sixth season of our glorious Oath Thread. Stay tuned for more contests, more rad models, and more motivation!
OMG this is amazing that you and other goons help out...so awesome!

Pash posted:

Hey Krushgoove, I know you take some time sometimes responding to prize emails, but I just wanted to make sure you got my email about the Brushes I won a while back as its been like a month or more and I have no heard anything.

Thanks!
I did, and I'm posting them out this week!

Indolent Bastard posted:

On that note. I haven't seen my laser cut terrain from the last thread. Did you forget (which would be fine), or did it get lost (which would be less fine)?
Likewise! I'll be mailing out your MDF Troll Trader prize this week!

Bavius posted:

I, Bavius, oath to paint 1 Morkanaut - a 28mm model produced by Games Workshop for Warhammer 40,000

Unfortunately I gotta be a bit technical here and ask for another Oath picture using the correct location (American Samoa).

Drone posted:

Question: does grab bag stuff get sent out at the end of the season, or monthly? For June I mailed you with an offer to Paypal some money over to help out for all the work you do and didn't hear anything back :ohdear:
Whoop, sorry I missed that, I'll get to your email tonight!

Uroboros posted:

You heard the man, grant him the Emperor's mercy!
Wait, is that death...or what?

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Oh alright, my bad. If krushgroove is is merciful I will gladly take the points, but I'm mostly interested in making sure I'm in the monthly and quarterly prize raffles, and I just noticed that that doesn't seem to be dependent on having completed oaths with journals.
Very true, the monthly and quarterly prizes are more numerous for sure. As you're happy to do a mercy Oath, let's let you have the points!

Uroboros posted:

Minor issue - awarded a journal point in May when I did not meet criteria, no judge's point for June. Evens out in the end, but I don't know if it effects anything.
I'm sure Lovestick will fix the spreadsheet but as you say you've got the right number of points so you're OK!

I'll be talking with Lovestick about any other points issues, meanwhile please do check the spreadsheet to make sure your points totals are correct!

And remember that if you don't put your name in your Oath Complete post pictures, you will not get points - which is only of concern to anyone trying to earn points for the year-end grand prizes!

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Aug 10, 2015

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!

krushgroove posted:

Unfortunately I gotta be a bit technical here and ask for another Oath picture using the correct location (American Samoa).

Reshoot:

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

krushgroove posted:

Awesome! We do love KR Multicase here in the thread, and they do love us :)

I am totally going to paint up my KR multicase boxes even if there aren't any contests going on anymore. It just makes it so much easier to tell what models are in what case!

Since I totally forgot this weekend, here are the people who are in the running for the Aetherium set:
Signal
Electric Hobo
Zark the Damned
Dr. Gargunza
Kerzoro
Moths
Germ
Schmetterling
head58
Seamoose

:siren: Let me know if you wants on the list, and post a message with a link to your completed oath; remember you must have the flag challenge as well. I will roll off next weekend for the winner unless I forget (I will forget).

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."
Oath Complete!

Germ
May 7, 2013

drat, thought I posted this before, but maybe I forgot to hit submit...

I Germ, oath this resin hill (made by me) for the month of August. It represents the second iteration of my ongoing attempt to make functional, attractive, and castable wargaming hills.

Also, my project room is a pigsty. Don't judge! I oath to clean the cesspit!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Germ posted:

I Germ, oath this resin hill (made by me) for the month of August. It represents the second iteration of my ongoing attempt to make functional, attractive, and castable wargaming hills.

Oaths Accepted!

Note for all you posting pics of your sparkling-clean work areas: I'm not 'accepting' those oaths in the same manner as your models, but if you post a finished Spring Cleaning Oath you'll get the point for it. The pics also don't go in the photo album as you've probably noticed, but hey you get to sit amongst your nice, newly organized and cleaned painting station!

Also...

:siren: THE JULY PHOTO ALBUM IS UP! :siren: :woop:
clicky: https://goo.gl/photos/k3TeSUGgpEQvt1GY9

1. Please make sure your July completed Oath(s) are in there as soon as you can, if you completed an Oath for July
2. If your pics are not in there, please post saying 'WTF krushgroove, I thought we're homies, gimme some love brah' with a link to your completed Oath
3. The Judges will get the photo album link within 48 hours of this post, so please check quickly!
4. Check your points in the spreadsheet for July and make sure you're good, we're good, everything is good (spreadsheet link is at the top of the OP)

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Aug 11, 2015

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
I oath... A good time!

For the first time ever, I do oath a thing for reals

These are 2 zombies from zombicide season 1

omnibobb fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Aug 11, 2015

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I, moths, Oath for September Two Balefire Catapults w/Crew, from Mantic Games. (28mm, for Kings of War)

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Made some progress between last night and today.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
I, Uroboros, hereby oath one GW Thunderfire Cannon.

bencreateddisco
Dec 7, 2011

I BLEW $74K IN KICKSTARTER MONEY AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS UGLY AVATAR
Oath Complete

IMG_9152-Edit.jpg

bencreateddisco
Dec 7, 2011

I BLEW $74K IN KICKSTARTER MONEY AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS UGLY AVATAR
in other news:

Eyes: Still Really loving Difficult

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

omnibobb posted:

For the first time ever, I do oath a thing for reals

These are 2 zombies from zombicide season 1

moths posted:

I, moths, Oath for September Two Balefire Catapults w/Crew, from Mantic Games. (28mm, for Kings of War)[url=http://imgur.com/NXgBCbJ]

Uroboros posted:

I, Uroboros, hereby oath one GW Thunderfire Cannon.

Oaths Accepted!

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
:siren: July Judging! :siren:

Third Place: Indolent Bastard, 1pt

Of course dwarves would be canadian! That's a really nice, crisp maple leaf too, and the white and red is really smooth and unblemished. Good job!

Second Place: Germ, 2pts

If I played FoW I'd totally do this. Having Captain America lead the force is great, and really makes him stand out. Plus, the little star on his chest is cute!

First Place: Arson Fire, 3pts

Man. MAN. As a former Tyranid player this is easily one of the best iterations of Behemoth I've seen. You handled that big boy like a pro and I keep going back to it and going "this is really freakin' good."

Bonus Point: Dr. Gargunza

You made what is normally a pretty ugly model into an enjoyably silly centerpiece. The reference on the back reminds me of a certain grogs.txt superstar too.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Oath addition - 3 more zombies

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Indolent Bastard posted:

:siren:August Oath complete:siren:. Claiming technical challenge: OSL (The eyes. Better pics to follow) and Speed painting!

Better pics of my kind of bad OSL eyes. Not terrible for how fast I did it, but not my finest work.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

JerryLee posted:

I, JerryLee, being of sorcerous mind and flesh-changed body, do solemnly swear to paint a Thousand Sons marine for August

(Bolter is separate for painting, obviously.)

:siren:OATH ADDITION!

I further oath to paint a Runic Monolith Objective from Broken Egg Games

The wonky camera angle is because I was trying to get my phone camera to take a picture against a screen without having it decide to make the model an unrecognizable black mass. For some reason holding it at an angle helped. :shepface:

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Oath addition!
Adding 6 Reaper Bones Giant Rats

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

I additionally oath three additional additional zombies.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

omnibobb posted:

Oath addition - 3 more zombies
Please make sure that when you post your final Oath Complete photos that you put them all in one post, even if you're quoting yourself - that just makes it easier to find all your Oaths each month : )

JerryLee posted:

:siren:OATH ADDITION!

I further oath to paint a Runic Monolith Objective from Broken Egg Games

Electric Hobo posted:

Oath addition!
Adding 6 Reaper Bones Giant Rats

omnibobb posted:

I additionally oath three additional additional zombies.

OATHS ACCEPTED!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Leaving it rather late again! Would be oathing more but my primer hosed up and I need to strip and re-prime the rest. Anyway:

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for August 2015:
1 Ophidian Archway & 1 Baleful Realmgate, both 28mm GW

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

I, Gareth Gobulcoque, do oath a gorax and two razor boars from Privateer Press and 3 fire familiars from Rackham for the month of August.

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Breaker about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
Alright, lets do another one.

I, Arson Fire, oath one Spawn of Cryptus (28mm GW) for the month of August

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
:siren: July Judgment! :siren:

Third Place, 1 Point: Dr. Gargunza

The skin, shirt, and hair all work very well with the tone of the model. Great work on the base too.

Second Place, 2 Points: Arson Fire

Excellent blends on the back plates, and the base is incredible.

First Place, 3 Points: Gareth Gobulcoque

The scheme on this model is unusual, but it works very well and compliments its odd appearance. The shading and highlighting on skin and pipes is especially solid.

Jurnal, 1 Point: Indolent Bastard

This flag is very crisp overall and the subtle highlights work very well here.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Slimnoid posted:

If I played FoW I'd totally do this. Having Captain America lead the force is great, and really makes him stand out. Plus, the little star on his chest is cute!

Thanks a million! Tiny Steve Rogers was super fun to paint. He has yet to take out a tank with his bare hands, but he will soon, I hope!

OATH ADDITION

Not only did I oath that other stuff, I also oath this terrain, made by me:

4 ruined walls
1 fallen column set (base, 2 columns, 1 fallen column)
1 statue plinth

I also oath all this resin terrain, made by THMiniatures (1 big grave/altar piece and 16 pieces of scatter terrain)

And, for reference, the original oath is here:

Germ posted:

Also, my project room is a pigsty. Don't judge! I oath to clean the cesspit!

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
I, Pash, Oath for the month of August, Major Prime Victoria Haley and the past and future versions of Haley, all by privateer press.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oath addition! 12x 30mm wooden markers, and a converted Howard Langston (now Henrietta) from Malifaux

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

LordAba posted:

Since I totally forgot this weekend, here are the people who are in the running for the Aetherium set:
Signal
Electric Hobo
Zark the Damned
Dr. Gargunza
Kerzoro
Moths
Germ
Schmetterling
head58
Seamoose

I remembered! So, drum roll for the dice roll and...

Results 1d10: 1 [1d10=1] http://orokos.com/roll/317361

So Signal wins! I'll send out a PM, or post my email if you don't have it. Once I have shipping info I will end out Aetherium! The only thing I ask is that you post when you get it and let me know of your first impressions. ;)

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Zark the Damned posted:

Leaving it rather late again! Would be oathing more but my primer hosed up and I need to strip and re-prime the rest. Anyway:

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for August 2015:
1 Ophidian Archway & 1 Baleful Realmgate, both 28mm GW

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

I, Gareth Gobulcoque, do oath a gorax and two razor boars from Privateer Press and 3 fire familiars from Rackham for the month of August.

Arson Fire posted:

Alright, lets do another one.

I, Arson Fire, oath one Spawn of Cryptus (28mm GW) for the month of August

Germ posted:

Thanks a million! Tiny Steve Rogers was super fun to paint. He has yet to take out a tank with his bare hands, but he will soon, I hope!

OATH ADDITION

Not only did I oath that other stuff, I also oath this terrain, made by me:

4 ruined walls
1 fallen column set (base, 2 columns, 1 fallen column)
1 statue plinth

I also oath all this resin terrain, made by THMiniatures (1 big grave/altar piece and 16 pieces of scatter terrain)

Pash posted:

I, Pash, Oath for the month of August, Major Prime Victoria Haley and the past and future versions of Haley, all by privateer press.

Schmetterling posted:

Oath addition! 12x 30mm wooden markers, and a converted Howard Langston (now Henrietta) from Malifaux

OATHS ACCEPTED!

Just so everyone knows, I'm out of the country from Tuesday night, so accepting Oaths may be a bit slow from then until next Monday.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

My August oath is absent form the August tab of the spreadsheet.

Just so you know...

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Indolent Bastard posted:

Just so you know...

Minor point, but I don't think the "Apprentice" achievements are in either. Unless that is handled at the end of the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

LordAba posted:

Minor point, but I don't think the "Apprentice" achievements are in either. Unless that is handled at the end of the season.

End of season for those!

Uroboros posted:

Minor issue - awarded a journal point in May when I did not meet criteria, no judge's point for June. Evens out in the end, but I don't know if it effects anything.

You have your point for this bad boy, nice work on the paintjob! Judges points go in a different column for that month and you should already have credit for it.

Indolent Bastard posted:

Just so you know...

Also please note I am able to update the spreadsheet pretty much only on weekends unless it is the end of the month so please be patient. If you are concerned about missing points please PM me! Your speedpainting turned out great and all oaths from the last week are now up to date.

lovestick fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Aug 16, 2015

• Locked thread