Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

shiksa posted:

james dean did an effects test where he turned into the human torch. it was pretty cool but it only worked once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

:vince:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

DoctorWhat posted:

Oh no.

It's a running gag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H47ow4_Cmk0

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Friendly Tumour posted:

his rapsheet is worth a look

He's a legit psychopath and should be permabanned

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

I want a subforum that's the only place the sour creme de la creme can post, so we can watch the math debaters and jon pops etc like an ant farm.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Yeah, a psychopath farm/prison island in lieu of permabans would be a pretty cool idea...i wonder if it's ever been attempted. It'd be like Jurassic Park.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Yeah, a psychopath farm/prison island in lieu of permabans would be a pretty cool idea...i wonder if it's ever been attempted. It'd be like Jurassic Park.

I know back in the day Fishmech was made to post in the gas chamber only--basically he/she would make a post like anyone else, but that post would then get rerouted to a gas chamber thread--so the code should be good for it. But then again, Radium wrote that code, so who knows if it can handle the strain of multiple posters.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Puppy Galaxy posted:

If we banned people solely based on their rapsheets half the mods and admins of D&D would never be seen again.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

I want a subforum that's the only place the sour creme de la creme can post, so we can watch the math debaters and jon pops etc like an ant farm.

Isn't that E/N?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

TheFallenEvincar posted:

There was a Coupons Only option back in the day, no idea if it's used anymore.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

TheFallenEvincar posted:

We already have GiP.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

WarpedNaba posted:

If we banned people solely based on their rapsheets half the mods and admins of D&D would never be seen again.

A rap sheet is just your resume for mod application

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

TheFallenEvincar posted:

We don't talk about Australia

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

death .cab for qt posted:

We don't talk about Australia
i don't think you post in anything other than sick burns.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

bringmyfishback posted:

Or you could be like my legendary roommate, and call your parents' housekeeper to come over every three days and do dishes, and then lie about it.

Radio Help posted:

that dude rules

bringmyfishback posted:

She really doesn't. As a roommate, anyways. She barfed in her closet for three years because she was a secret bulimic and when she moved out I found her Barf Trove.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

literally a closet bulimic

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

TheFallenEvincar posted:

And one day they will attempt to create the Ultimate Troll and let him post only there..... until he escapes to the rest of SA.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

like a lepers colony

Capopio
Feb 17, 2011

The MSJ posted:

And one day they will attempt to create the Ultimate Troll and let him post only there..... until he escapes to the rest of SA.

Isn't that how SA was born in the first place?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

TheFallenEvincar posted:

RPGCodex has this, and if you're at all familiar with RPGCodex you can imagine what it might be like.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

mod forum

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

We've got one of those.

You're not in it.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)

GunChicka posted:

I was hesitant at first, but after the fourth pun about walking Phlegmish and I are now dating.

I'm worried that you are using Phlegmish as a crutch

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Tongues posted:

I'm worried that you are using Phlegmish as a crutch

Are you implying she might end up being a run-away bride?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
This gag has legs guys, keep it going.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Machai posted:

I thought he got off on math and small children?

He posted a thread in e/n once because he hired a dominatrix over the internet and thought she was scamming him, because he was giving her money but she never did any dominatrix stuff. In the end he decided to keep sending her money because he was getting turned on by the idea of a woman scamming him.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

mrg220t posted:

Is Math Debater the goon who went to Thailand to teach and got fired for being poo poo?

I misread this as "got fired on", thanks for getting my hopes up :mad:

sixth and maimed
Mar 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Paladinus posted:

This theory doesn't have a leg to stand on!

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Seraph84 posted:

Morning disciples, I'm glad to see this thread is still a monument to my greatness. Anyone have questions about bitcoin or the near-future implosion of the fiat banking system? 2008 was the tip of the iceberg you know.

OSI bean dip posted:

so why are you sending bitcoins to addresses belonging to paedophiles?

The plot thickens

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Is there any useful context for that one?

edit: oh nm it's that weird Star Citizen guy

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

ALFbrot posted:

Is there any useful context for that one?

edit: oh nm it's that weird Star Citizen guy

yeah he's posting about how he's in such great shape and everyone else is fat, how he's smart because bitcoins, how he is rich, and how awesome he is for funding star citizen

If he's not real he picked the username of a person with 8000 posts on the Star Citizen forums, either way is pretty entertaining (but I hope he's real).

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Seraph84 posted:

Just a gentle reminder of the SA forum rules, folks, since some of you are skirting them here:

Harass and Sass: If somebody is harassing you on the forums then discuss it with them over PM or email before contacting a mod about it. Flames and insults do not constitute harassment. Please do not post others' personal information (phone number, addresses, emails, etc.).
Try to stay out of other peoples' personal lives as well.

Wouldn't want to see any of you fine losers get banned for something as silly as a desperate but futile attempt to a troll a superior lifeform.

Now let's get back to discussing how bitcoin is superior to fiat bloodscrip in every conceivable way.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I struggle to believe that's a real human being

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

spankmeister posted:

Also the goon lunch was awesome! Too bad I wasn't there because I went to lunch with 2 random Texan guys who I thought were yossec goons.

The meet was at le bar du sport, and I messaged OSI bean dip on slack that I was there. Communication was a little difficult and I didn't have OSI's number (even though he shared it earlier) so comms wasn't very real time. He messaged that he was the guy in the grey shirt (and he was with subjunctive iirc). So I saw exactly one guy in a grey shirt sitting with another dude and I just went up and introduced myself, thinking this was OSI (I dont know how he looks) They were nice and not at all weird about a random dude coming up to them and introducing himself, and we made some smalltalk. After a couple of minutes I ask if anyone else is coming, they said no, I asked if they ate already and they said no, so we went to find lunch. Kinda weird that it was just the three of us but so far so good.

We went to planet hollywood and along the way we had some chit chat about infosec stuff and blackhat and TIS-100 so it didn't seem terribly weird. After ordering some food and talking further I learned that they were 2 guys from a Texas oil company, so unless OSI had an elaborate online fake identity these were in fact not the people I was looking for.

After a few uncomfortable minutes of me debating what I was going to do I decided to just own up to it and told the very nice gentlemen that I while I was enjoying my lunch and their company I had mistaken them for other people. They were pretty cool about it and we all laughed and talked some more shop. They even paid for my lunch so it was a pretty good time.

Afterwards I met OSI and subjunctive briefly at PH and hung out with Jonny290 and trabisnikov so I met some cool yosgoons in the end but sadly I missed the lunch.

welp tahts my Vegas story hope you liked it

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

little munchkin posted:

He posted a thread in e/n once because he hired a dominatrix over the internet and thought she was scamming him, because he was giving her money but she never did any dominatrix stuff. In the end he decided to keep sending her money because he was getting turned on by the idea of a woman scamming him.

So I guess she technically isn't scamming him anymore, when you think about it.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

mrg220t posted:

Is Math Debater the goon who went to Thailand to teach and got fired for being poo poo?

You're describing three or four different goons, sadly. I think instead of sex tourist the others ones were just drug using morons.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Paladinus posted:

Look, it's great that you guys have taken this joke and run with it but it's getting old.

Walk it back a bit, alright?

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
puns are great please keep making puns you are great

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

You might find it annoying but a year from now we can all look back and wheelchair the memories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

A phrase containing the word "legs" or an activity performed with legs.

• Locked thread