Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Section Z posted:

ENGAGE GUNSLINGER PREVIEW :clint:

I really can't wait for Gunslinger, my favorite part of KF1 was always doing pistols with Marksman in the early rounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Questioner86 posted:

Huge thing that you can't overlook is that those numbers are Development team days and don't include the QA team. Now, my QA team has been working in parallel this whole time with the development team but we still have to do our final QA pass on all the content going into the update. That means that any feature or system that is still not finished at this point needs to be tested and who knows what we'll find. I've mentioned earlier that first pass on some stuff just doesn't work, like a whole perk skill just won't work on-line or something equally awful. So we'll still need to QA the build before it goes out and that might be really a really smooth process to get it ready to go out or it might be a mess. I have a feeling you'll end up seeing a guest What We Are Up To post some time in the near future letting people know how the QA process is going.

Goonspeed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RMoH55T-oI

dorkasaurus_rex fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Aug 8, 2015

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013
Are you going to keep in the C4 hat you could create for yourself/your friends in the original? I'd like to see a remote detonated C4 hat present for all the zeds out there.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I love how zeds make an :O face when you chop off their heads.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Dropped into a server (Paris) where people were dosh-hunting, but they ended up on wave 9 with google open trying to find what they missed. Took like an hour, but I guess now I have the only dosh-chievement I'll be getting :geno:

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
That's my main problem with the dosh hunting achievement: whenever a new map drops, it severely cuts down on playable servers because cheevo hunters will hold a server ransom on wave 1 until they find all the dosh.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I don't mind as long as I don't have the achievement they're going for. :v:

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Magres posted:

I really can't wait for Gunslinger, my favorite part of KF1 was always doing pistols with Marksman in the early rounds.

what did you do to get that avatar and red text

did you hurt the feelings of people in hellthread

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I hurt the feelings of the people in hellthread

It was a good day

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Magres posted:

I hurt the feelings of the people in hellthread

It was a good day

thank u for your service :patriot:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

moot the hopple posted:

That's my main problem with the dosh hunting achievement: whenever a new map drops, it severely cuts down on playable servers because cheevo hunters will hold a server ransom on wave 1 until they find all the dosh.

It's not so bad if it's a group decision, but just one or 2 players with everyone else dead is pretty lovely. It also helps when the dosh spawns aren't LITERALLY bullshit like in Biolab. I had to have a fellow goon carry me through that one and I still never saw the last medal (the one way up in the rafters of the central room). The other maps weren't too nasty, as long as I can find like 20 by myself I'm OK with having to look up the last 10 or so. So far Manor has the best balance, you should go hunt on that one :)

vvv That would hardly have helped, you showed me where it was but I never actually saw the drat thing. Just threw random nades until it popped. Biolab seems to be the worst about putting medals like 100 yards outside the playable area of the map, I don't remember any in the Manor like that. A few in Paris and the snow fort but like half of them are like that in Biolab. The TW employee who placed those was having a lovely Monday or something :(

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Aug 11, 2015

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Takes No Damage posted:

It's not so bad if it's a group decision, but just one or 2 players with everyone else dead is pretty lovely. It also helps when the dosh spawns aren't LITERALLY bullshit like in Biolab. I had to have a fellow goon carry me through that one and I still never saw the last medal (the one way up in the rafters of the central room). The other maps weren't too nasty, as long as I can find like 20 by myself I'm OK with having to look up the last 10 or so. So far Manor has the best balance, you should go hunt on that one :)

You're welcome.

Even I had to look that one up the first time though.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I keep looking for dosh in piles of zombie bodies and it isn't there.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
https://www.reddit.com/r/killingfloor/comments/3g45x0/a_question_about_updates/

:lol: this thread owns haha

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

where

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
People raging over KF2's update speed is funny because they act like their entire life is supposed to revolve a single game. I love KF2, but I'm not going apeshit over the slow content releases because I have a lot more things to do and play while waiting for the update, along with occasionally booting KF2 up and blasting some Zeds.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

gently caress you

i'm not clicking on some reddit link

you loving fuckj

Chard posted:

update when

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

closeted republican posted:

People raging over KF2's update speed is funny because they act like their entire life is supposed to revolve a single game. I love KF2, but I'm not going apeshit over the slow content releases because I have a lot more things to do and play while waiting for the update, along with occasionally booting KF2 up and blasting some Zeds.

Based on what I've heard people complain about, they feel like they were cheated out of the $30 they spent on the game. Which is still silly because it's not actually released yet anyways.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Theta Zero posted:

Based on what I've heard people complain about, they feel like they were cheated out of the $30 they spent on the game. Which is still silly because it's not actually released yet anyways.

If this were a full game, I'd feel cheated, but it's an EA game and Tripwire is clearly showing that they're working on finishing the game with their weekly updates. They could go faster, but I'm not pissed because there's so many other things I can do while waiting for KF2 to be finished.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I'm disappointed that the content is coming out so slowly, but getting mad about it is pointless.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I'd love faster content, but I'm fine with it when game companies are willing to say "we will be ready to release it when we are ready to release it, so y'all can hold your god damned horses." It's reasonable to take pride in your work and not want to release a half-assed product, even to EA.

Magres fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Aug 12, 2015

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Chard posted:

gently caress you

i'm not clicking on some reddit link

you loving fuckj

new thread title

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
As a player of kf1 and 2, the game is fun with friends, but the amount of content right now is not enough to keep it interesting for a long period of time.
The pace of updates is pretty slow. I play once every 2-3 weeks or so with a friend, we fire up the game, ask each other whats new and dig out the announcements page to find "nothing" for the past 3 months. We then play 2 rounds, get bored and stop for the next few weeks.
Hell really when I look at "What has it got since it released 4 months ago", the answer is: Initial release hotfixes for the first 2 weeks and a new map

Questioner, I know there's much work to do and you guys have to make whole mechanics like melee, fire, etc. But dropping a small patch once every couple of weeks with like "hey heres our last 2 bug fixes/optimisations/balances/blah and a new gun/skin/whatever someone made" would go a long way to keeping players interested in your game rather than forgetting about it or abandoning it because they're not seeing it go anywhere.

Also, I don't know if this is a setting you guys can set or not, but normally when I look at my games in my steam library, if you click a game so it comes up into the big pane, it shows me like the 3 most recent announcements for that game in the little library page. KF2 doesn't have this, can you turn it on? That would also help in letting people know you're working on stuff.

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Aug 12, 2015

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Thinking about it, all the games I'm regularly playing have an incomplete roster I'm waiting for the devs to fill. Whether it is the Merchant in Darkest Dungeon, two missing heroes in Dota 2, the Italian tech tree in War Thunder or all the remaining perks in this.

I guess I just like work-in-progress games!

I am also quite concerned about people forgetting about this but I think Tripwire's "hey FREE CONTENT PACK" advertisements will work wonders in that regards.

Mexicat
Feb 1, 2013

Ahdinko posted:

he pace of updates is pretty slow

more like nonexistant since they added like two characters and a map and fixed some bugs and thats it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

sighs for eternity

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

It's Friday. No update and no WWAUT. That's it. I'm killing myself

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Bunch of new posts in the KF2 thread, finally an update!

t:mad:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im glad of you guys not having other games to play while you wait

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Takes No Damage posted:

Bunch of new posts in the KF2 thread, finally an update!

t:mad:

the update is that there is no update. It's meta. Really all I want is to know if it's in QA or not, everything else is secondary.

Psion fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Aug 14, 2015

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

im glad of you guys not having other games to play while you wait

They can choose not to be retards and enjoy the wealth of custom maps out there. That's what keeps me playing since the core mechanics are in and are fun and good.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i bought *early access game* and its not proceeding at the rate, I, Joe Gamer, feel it should furthermore:

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

very reasonable, go all the way and make it a toxx

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Skoll posted:

They can choose not to be retards and enjoy the wealth of custom maps out there. That's what keeps me playing since the core mechanics are in and are fun and good.

which ones have you played that you'd recommend as cream of the crop? I haven't been keeping up on customs lately.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Psion posted:

which ones have you played that you'd recommend as cream of the crop? I haven't been keeping up on customs lately.

So far, I've enjoyed the Castle Defense remake from KF 1, someone did a reaaaalllly good West London remake, the original Biotics Lab is fun as gently caress, Sector C3 is fun and claustrophobic as hell plus it can go almost completely dark.

Some goons like N64 Complex which is basically a Golden Eye level, but I think it can get a tad confusing. Horzine District is a massive and well done map. I recommend playing on a custom map server and just having fun. There's some lovely ones out there too, though. I call them "Cube Maps" cause they're pretty much one or two room square set up maps.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/799739964940471041

Your death was in vain.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Too bad the microwave webm 404's. TRIPWIRE IS loving US AGAIN!

I look forward to weapon specific weak zones. I don't remember what the commando skill sheet looks like so I can't really comment on the changes to the layout. Making Callout level 15 though is going to loving hurt though. Least it has something somewhat close to as useful with a team buff of 10% reload speed.

Broose fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Aug 15, 2015

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Broose posted:

Too bad the microwave webm 404's. TRIPWIRE IS loving US AGAIN!

That's the effect of the microwave gun. It caused zeds to crash and autokicks them from the game.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Working link to the microwaves: http://media.tripwirecdn.com/081415/MicrowaveGun.WebM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
:aaa: That's awesome.