Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Gems of war talk:
Is the plus xp armor worth getting at all or better off sticking with gold and souls?

It is probably the least useful. I got it from the beginner pack. It is nice to level up the weapons but I'm using an event weapon anyways.

I would buy one 50 gem armor and then save up for a 250/500 armor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
What do people do with the rewards currency in Gems? I got one of the goblin dudes but I don't really use him anyway- just spend it on treasure maps?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Ragingsheep posted:

What do people do with the rewards currency in Gems? I got one of the goblin dudes but I don't really use him anyway- just spend it on treasure maps?

You get poo poo tons of the wings, so you can just throw them at maps and then save up for a couple days to get a cool troop/weapon if one shows up.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Toshimo posted:

You get poo poo tons of the wings, so you can just throw them at maps and then save up for a couple days to get a cool troop/weapon if one shows up.

this method does require pvp activity which isn't hard at all, mind you. Otherwise you're looking at ~ 2 weeks for a single map I think.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I got something like 47 maps. I spend any glory I have over 100 on souls. I get 16 a day from being rank 1 on pvp. And each week I buy the glory reward because why not.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
At PvP Rank 1, you get (I think) 16 Glory a day. PvP isn't too hard with a good team and it's rich in gold (especially with a Gold boosting armor) so I typically grind that out on day 1. Since you can't lose ranks (only stars) through PvP, you can do it a few ranks at a time if Rank 1 is taking forever.

The Goblin Rocket is on my primary team now (Tau - Boar Rider - Kerberos - Goblin Rocket). Having two adjust-the-board-and-take-another-turn units is great, and unlike Boar Rider the Rocket generates a little mana, plus it's pretty quick to reload.

Now if a freaking Hobgoblin would just drop. I have nearly a complete collection of Rares and Ultras, but Hobby and Giant Spider just refuse to show up.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

delfin posted:

Now if a freaking Hobgoblin would just drop. I have nearly a complete collection of Rares and Ultras, but Hobby and Giant Spider just refuse to show up.

I don't think you can get hobgoblin in chest yet. He was weekly event just like goblin rocket.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Okay wtf pvp
First person level 118, I'm 18, reroll and get a level 13
Awesome
They have drat near Max level lady whitehelm, goblin, alchemist, and sphinx guy who jumbles the board repeatedly
All had 10 plus armor and way too much health. Some had 15?some bullshit

Seriously how does someone level 13 have all those people so high level?!?

Cash right? I'm not really missing some strategy?

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Card Crawl is neat, but does it ever get harder? I blasted through 10 wins with no issues at all. Also wow does it eat through battery power.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Ragequit posted:

Card Crawl is neat, but does it ever get harder? I blasted through 10 wins with no issues at all. Also wow does it eat through battery power.

uh, ten wins without using an ability card?

Edit: thats one of the challenges, and there are others like making a 20 gold card

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Aug 13, 2015

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Okay wtf pvp
First person level 118, I'm 18, reroll and get a level 13
Awesome
They have drat near Max level lady whitehelm, goblin, alchemist, and sphinx guy who jumbles the board repeatedly
All had 10 plus armor and way too much health. Some had 15?some bullshit

Seriously how does someone level 13 have all those people so high level?!?

Cash right? I'm not really missing some strategy?

Yeah it can be a bit crazy. I think it just compares rank and then you can get anyone near your level to +100 to your level.

I would use arena until you got an okay team to about level 8-10. Then you should be able to overcome higher level better teams because the ai is dumb. Also if their kingdom is broken spire and they have a starter armor, they usually suck regardless of level.

Edit: I love my team :allears:

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Aug 13, 2015

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I booted an inactive, so Gem boys has a slot open.

I lucked into a Jarl Firemantle from an Iron Key, so I stuck him with Hero with Deepstone, Atalanta, and Barbearius. It works amazingly well. I stuck Jarl in front to take advantage of his 9 attack, but sometimes he gets knocked out if I the enemy gets too many skull matches. Barbearius then picks up red, and he's a beast. Jarl and Atalanta work really well together. I often cast Atalanta's ability 3-4 times a match. Deepstone with Stormheim as my kingdom means I only need 2 blue matches, and mostly use it to power up Jarl or whomever. Also I noticed it functions differently than other destroy-a-gem abilities. I think there is a slight timing difference between the row and the explosion, so if I destroy skulls and the front guy is at 1 life, some of the skull damage will go to the next in line. For contrast, with the Centaur Scout he will apply all the damage (5 base+skulls) to the first target regardless.

I think Druid would be a good fit as well, but it's not leveled up for me yet. I might try Phineas for green and War Sphinx for blue for even more board manipulation.

Whales are easy to spot in this game from their armor. If they are below level 100 and have an armor that costs 250 or more gems, chances are that they also have a full team of Legendaries. I think some people throw on defense too, so they can get the defensive battles. More than once I've seen high level players with level 4 troops.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Are the events on rotation or is it one and done with them? I was blowing off pvp when Bear was the event purchase and want it now, but gently caress getting it out of keys.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

delfin posted:

The Weapons List shows what you can get at various degrees of element mastery, some of which are a lot better than others. If you have a particular one in mind you can powerlevel towards it. I

This is amazing thanks.

Currently working toward getting Atalanta as I hear she's the cats meow. The game finally offered me a "starter" bundle that I picked up, I play enough to justify the couple bucks.

Out of the keys I managed to snag, just listing ones that jumped out at me
Sheggra
Lady Sapphira
Ancient Horror
Ice Witch
+ War Sphynx, he annoyed the poo poo out of me to go along with a slew of other people I have, Vampire Lord Boar Boy

Any of those 4 NEED to be tossed into my team asap and level'd? Lady Sapphira seems pretty drat powerful and doesn't conflict with me tossing in Blade Dancer + Goblin/whoever

I also got the Pristmatic sphere but I don't "get" it. It takes all your mana...you cast it. Gives you 8 extra of a certain colour and immediately uses them to recharge the orb. Seems like I'd be better off with a pokey weapon or something?

Hell could even do, just quickly glancing here Hero, Lady, Ancient Horror, Goblin
Basically can replace Ancient Horror with Sphinx, Siren, Lamia, Ice Witch, Boar Rider, Spider Queen
Or none of the above if Atalanta is that ball smashingly good

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
I can't seem to find the DB dokkan game thread, does anyone have it handy?

N/M, found it. Not a thread for itself entirely.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Tiny Chalupa posted:

This is amazing thanks.

Currently working toward getting Atalanta as I hear she's the cats meow. The game finally offered me a "starter" bundle that I picked up, I play enough to justify the couple bucks.

Out of the keys I managed to snag, just listing ones that jumped out at me
Sheggra
Lady Sapphira
Ancient Horror
Ice Witch
+ War Sphynx, he annoyed the poo poo out of me to go along with a slew of other people I have, Vampire Lord Boar Boy

Any of those 4 NEED to be tossed into my team asap and level'd? Lady Sapphira seems pretty drat powerful and doesn't conflict with me tossing in Blade Dancer + Goblin/whoever

I also got the Pristmatic sphere but I don't "get" it. It takes all your mana...you cast it. Gives you 8 extra of a certain colour and immediately uses them to recharge the orb. Seems like I'd be better off with a pokey weapon or something?

Hell could even do, just quickly glancing here Hero, Lady, Ancient Horror, Goblin
Basically can replace Ancient Horror with Sphinx, Siren, Lamia, Ice Witch, Boar Rider, Spider Queen
Or none of the above if Atalanta is that ball smashingly good

The orb only works if your hero isn't first. You can use it to charge up another unit.

Atalanta is really good but I found lady to be much stronger. Lady get really strong fairly quickly especially with a +2 light or brown kingdom. Sheggra can wreck up the other team if you can boost some attack. Lau, Sheggra, and two board control is probably a great team.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
What day is it?

:siren: Fallout Shelter day :siren:

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
A port of Lego Batman 3 has popped up on the Play Store.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Aug 13, 2015

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Sorry for the double post but Fallout Shelter is out. For reals.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

coyo7e posted:

^^^ Wow, that looks like a super blatant Prison Architect ripoff! :laugh:

Having played Prison Life RPG I have to say, it's boring as gently caress and there is absolutely no building involved at all, so it doesn't even make the level of being a Prison Architect ripoff, it's much much worse.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

mrkillboy posted:

Sorry for the double post but Fallout Shelter is out. For reals.

Seems like a pretty standard but well made antfarm slash skinner box. I got a lucky set of pyjamas and the guy wearing them has knocked up half the female population.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Antti posted:

Seems like a pretty standard but well made antfarm slash skinner box. I got a lucky set of pyjamas and the guy wearing them has knocked up half the female population.
It's basically free advertising for Fallout 4, they didn't even attempt to add much in the way of pay to win. It's just kind of a fun thing to kill time waiting for November.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

She's right there you raging rear end in a top hat!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

I hate you. I was just about to post about how weird the app icon was... Time to uninstall...

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
There is a bit too much going on. Might be more fun on a tablet. But I'd prefer to have it on my PC to be honest.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ModeSix posted:

Having played Prison Life RPG I have to say, it's boring as gently caress and there is absolutely no building involved at all, so it doesn't even make the level of being a Prison Architect ripoff, it's much much worse.
Yeah I played it for twenty minutes this morning. The tutorial was long and annoying, the gameplay is bascially pressing a button over and over to make a bar go up and then moving on to a different bar, and within the first two days the game spawned two random events on me that I didn't have the items to avoid and required unfathomably high rolls to beat, and both of these reduced all of my stats to <20 meaning I couldn't do anything meaningful and I died.

Also I was somewhat uncomfortable with the daily shower event and the "dropped the soap" jokes.

Ah well, it was 10p of survey cash so nothing lost really.

Tunga fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Aug 13, 2015

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Yeah, I'm playing on my tablet and can't imagine it being too great to use on a phone.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Antti posted:

She's right there you raging rear end in a top hat!

It ain't easy being a pimp :dance:

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
Does anyone know if there's cloud saving for fallout? I'd like to go between my tablet and phone.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Happiness is at 10%, my vault keeps running out of power. Help.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

New Leaf posted:

Happiness is at 10%, my vault keeps running out of power. Help.

Upgrade power station? I don't know much about the game actually other then telling my girlfriend to get it on her iphone and creeping over her while she played it months ago.

From what I remember, you can't actually fail or lose, can you? People don't die permanently or something?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Fallout shelter is pretty bad

It's built like an semi-idle game but if I don't open it every 5 minutes I'm out of food and water and my power is running out

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

More Gems chat:

The only Legendary/Orange card I've gotten so far is Venoxia, and I've gotten three of her. So I took the hint and made a group to try and maximize board manipulation.

Venoxia: Noxious Gas (Cost:16 GreenPurple) Create [4+Magic] Green and [4+Magic] Blue Gems, then deal 2 True Damage to all enemies.
Wight: Life Drain (Cost:10 RedBlue) Steal [1+Magic] Life from an enemy. Create 5 Purple Gems
Dryad: Nature’s Gift (Cost:8 BlueYellow) Restore 8 Life to an ally, and create [3+Magic] Green Gems.
Prismatic Orb: (Mana Cost:17 Red Blue Green Purple Brown Yellow) Create [5+Magic] Gems of a chosen ally’s Mana Color.

Everything feeds the gas chamber while still giving decent flexibility. Venoxia flips over a quarter of the board with her skill. Both damage skills do true damage, so there's good synergy there. I've become a big fan of the Wight playing this team. I use the Dryad's skill to create green gems more than I do to heal, but it is great for keeping Venoxia topped off on the front line or abusing heal mechanics with the Wight if she's down.

Once it gets rolling it can end the game without giving the enemy another turn. All the 4+ matches spew out gold and the occasional treasure map cascade. Its good fun. The Orb is definitely the least useful because you can't rely on it to pick the desired color of a multicolor card. There's so much overflow mana with this team its still nice to have.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

The Duggler posted:

It's built like an semi-idle game but if I don't open it every 5 minutes I'm out of food and water and my power is running out

I'm really digging it. Once you get going, it isn't that bad.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Battlestation: Harbinger is a pretty neat little space RTS that hit the Play Store today. Its a bit similar to Out There in that you're hopping from system to system in a randomly generated galaxy except instead of dealing with dwindling resources on your crappy little spaceship you're hunting down enemy fleets and watching space battles play out. While it does seem a little bit rough around the edges (awkward English, some of the gameplay mechanics aren't explained), overall it seems really cool so far.

edit: I just had an enemy capital ship pursue me after I warped out of a battle I decided I couldn't win against it. It finished the job. Yep, I'm pretty impressed by this game.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Aug 13, 2015

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

EvilElmo posted:

There is a bit too much going on. Might be more fun on a tablet. But I'd prefer to have it on my PC to be honest.

http://www.bluestacks.com/

Plays pretty great on the PC indeed.

Not crazy about the game in general, played for a couple of hours.
Takes too god damned long to do anything and it's never really clear whether or not you're gaining more resources than you're using.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Aug 13, 2015

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

The Duggler posted:

I am kind of confused by what they're going for here. Is it an idle game or not? If it runs in the background all the time, but all your resources run out if you're not babysitting it... I mean how does that even work?

Also the UI is a little clunky and I don't know who thought that tapping tiny people and dragging them from room to room was the best way to handle assignments, when there's a perfectly good menu listing people and it would be much easier to just have a 'reassign' button there, and then tap the room you want them in.

And I'm kind of miffed that the game waited until I'd built a few rooms before telling me 'oh by the way if you build two of the same type of room together they link up into one big room'. Which, as far as I can tell, is superior in every way to building separate rooms, because they upgrade together instead of having to upgrade each on their own. And of course there's no way to rearrange rooms once you've built them (or I haven't found it yet).

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

BobTheJanitor posted:

I am kind of confused by what they're going for here. Is it an idle game or not? If it runs in the background all the time, but all your resources run out if you're not babysitting it... I mean how does that even work?

Also the UI is a little clunky and I don't know who thought that tapping tiny people and dragging them from room to room was the best way to handle assignments, when there's a perfectly good menu listing people and it would be much easier to just have a 'reassign' button there, and then tap the room you want them in.

And I'm kind of miffed that the game waited until I'd built a few rooms before telling me 'oh by the way if you build two of the same type of room together they link up into one big room'. Which, as far as I can tell, is superior in every way to building separate rooms, because they upgrade together instead of having to upgrade each on their own. And of course there's no way to rearrange rooms once you've built them (or I haven't found it yet).

Just start a new vault

Its a slick game, but I'm not going to invest time into it. Maybe if you could unlock things in FO4, it would be worth it.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

BobTheJanitor posted:

You can also assign people to a room by tapping a room, tapping the list icon on the bottom left hand corner, and assigning people.

E: one of the gripes I have with FS are that the game needs you to hold its hand when it comes to resource collecting. Raider attacks, I get. But sending me notifications every 10 minutes because the game can't automatically use them when idle is annoying .

Okuteru fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Aug 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Forceholy posted:

You can also assign people to a room by tapping a room, tapping the list icon on the bottom left hand corner, and assigning people.

E: one of the gripes I have with FS are that the game needs you to hold its hand when it comes to resource collecting. Raider attacks, I get. But sending me notifications every 10 minutes because the game can't automatically use them when idle is annoying .

Mr. Handy are OP for this reason. Put one on a floor and it goes back and forth collecting resources. Only problem is they only work for one floor each.