Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."
Working on terry stop appeal right now. Guy's whining about being cuffed without Miranda warnings. :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

GunForumMeme posted:

Problem? Having to do paperwork on terry stops.

Solution? Work for po dunk department, make one terry stop a week.

Comes with the added benefit of no pay and still driving crown vics.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

ActusRhesus posted:

Working on terry stop appeal right now. Guy's whining about being cuffed without Miranda warnings. :qq:

which side of the game are you on? If defense do you ever just milk some of those rubes for money when they present ridiculous poo poo like that.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

Branis posted:

which side of the game are you on? If defense do you ever just milk some of those rubes for money when they present ridiculous poo poo like that.

I am on the side of justice and bald eagles.

But when I did defense work 90% of my day was making the other side bleed and stall tactics. Was a jag so got paid the same regardless. Might as well have fun.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Comes with the added benefit of no pay and still driving crown vics.

Crown Vic > Charger
Crown Vic > Impala
Crown Vic > Caprice
Crown Vic > Taurus
Crown Vic > Tahoe

:colbert:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
I said benefit man

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Equine Don posted:

Need duty belt/holster recommendations tia

I'd ask whatever department you're applying to. The only holsters I've ever used were that nylon piece of poo poo shoulder rig they issued aircrew for the M9 and a Safariland. The Safariland was good, especially since you almost certainly need something with retention.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Too late bro I got a kydex triple retention holster. 90% of the people I work with have pieces of poo poo uncle mikes because we are contracted transit cops aka not real police

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Equine Don posted:

Too late bro I got a kydex triple retention holster. 90% of the people I work with have pieces of poo poo uncle mikes because we are contracted transit cops aka not real police

It's transit security, like a subway or something? What's your day to day?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Rad Lieutenant posted:

What's your day to day?

Your av.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Rad Lieutenant posted:

It's transit security, like a subway or something? What's your day to day?

I guess I will find out next month, it's supposed to be really bad but I won't be doing that full time so whatever.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

GunForumMeme posted:

Crown Vic > Charger
Crown Vic > Impala
Crown Vic > Caprice
Crown Vic > Taurus
Crown Vic > Tahoe

Forgot the lovely Exploders that replaced the Vic

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

GunForumMeme posted:

Problem? Having to do paperwork on terry stops.

Solution? All terry stops are now voluntary contacts.

Ftfy

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Branis posted:

filling out a customer satisfation report for stopping a person is dumb though.

Oh okay.

Cop gay. So What posted:

Ffaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrttttttttt

"Oh no, a poster who has views outside the group think of an entire forum, better post about it"

:lol:

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

MODSSSS???!!!

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

N4i has to turn in a customer service report for all future probations/bans.

Everyone gets a receipt emailed to them explaining why action was taken.

Body camera footage of N4i clicking "ban/probate" is to be released to a civilian oversight committee made up of D&D posters for review.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

Rad Lieutenant posted:

N4i has to turn in a customer service report for all future probations/bans.

Everyone gets a receipt emailed to them explaining why action was taken.

Body camera footage of N4i clicking "ban/probate" is to be released to a civilian oversight committee made up of D&D posters for review.

Also the crown vic was gods gift to police and the day ford discontinued it for that piece of poo poo taurus was a day the devil won.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

Branis posted:

Also the crown vic was gods gift to police and the day ford discontinued it for that piece of poo poo taurus was a day the devil won.

Haven't driven one but I heard it has Charger speed with Impala legroom.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I actually like the new explorer a lot, I had one for a while last year. Actually we bought a new one for my wife since she liked the old unit so much.

Branis posted:

Rad Lieutenant posted:

I said benefit man

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
the new explorer is the best of the new police cars if only cause its got decent leg room.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Rad Lieutenant posted:

So it's basically a rubber stamp by a bunch of mod boot lickers. We need moderator justice reform.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Ugh. I've been in the goddamn spare csi van ever since my explorer was crashed, I hate it so much :suicide:

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

I will loving kill you.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20150813/ARTICLES/150819873

"What's with all the threats from the officer? This isn't a violation? Let a regular citizen threaten to kill someone and they will be arrested."

SirDrinksAlot
Aug 6, 2006

The wicked flee when none pursueth
Yeah but did the officer fill out a customer service receipt for him?

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
I will say that when my instructors told me to "use my verbals" to create witnesses I don't think this is what they had in mind.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Untagged posted:

I will loving kill you.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20150813/ARTICLES/150819873

"What's with all the threats from the officer? This isn't a violation? Let a regular citizen threaten to kill someone and they will be arrested."

the best part is her facebook

shes just asking questions ok?

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Every time I stop someone I have to fill out a stupid little form and hand a copy to the oval office I've just searched. Then I have to do a report on it. How is that not standard practice in the US? Don't tell me the public actually trust you.

Becomes a pain in the dick when I search 25 people in a shift.

What do you do when the rear end in a top hat beefs you for "not giving me a receipt"? Are those false complaints ever made and how can you prove you did in fact give a receipt? What actually happens if you don't give a receipt?

I just can't imagine giving some fucker a receipt for stopping him for a legitimate reason. I can't figure out if I'm just going to say gently caress it and cease stopping people altogether or if I'm only going to stop people for an arrestable/citable offense. I'll make every single tiny loving pinch I can get my hands on that in the past were all warnings and verbals, because if I have to write you a loving piece of poo poo receipt, I might as well make it worth my time and write a ticket or drag you in and release with a bond sheet - gently caress you very much, see you in court.

I can't wait until this poo poo legislation creeps over onto the rest of you guys.

The Shep fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Aug 14, 2015

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Cop gay. So What posted:

I can't wait until this poo poo legislation creeps over onto the rest of you guys.

You can gently caress right off good sir.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Whale Cancer posted:

You can gently caress right off good sir.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

A modicum of accountability?

Well 3rd times the charm but n4i finally gets there.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Cop gay. So What posted:

What do you do when the rear end in a top hat beefs you for "not giving me a receipt"? Are those false complaints ever made and how can you prove you did in fact give a receipt? What actually happens if you don't give a receipt?

I just can't imagine giving some fucker a receipt for stopping him for a legitimate reason. I can't figure out if I'm just going to say gently caress it and cease stopping people altogether or if I'm only going to stop people for an arrestable/citable offense. I'll make every single tiny loving pinch I can get my hands on that in the past were all warnings and verbals, because if I have to write you a loving piece of poo poo receipt, I might as well make it worth my time and write a ticket or drag you in and release with a bond sheet - gently caress you very much, see you in court.

The receipt is a carbon copy of the front of the form, so it's either given to the dude that was searched or submitted with the original form. They're entitled to a copy of the search record and can go into the police station the officer is attached to and request it at any time, so it's not a very big issue, even if the dude complains he never got one and the copy wasn't filed with the original

I don't search many people anyway so it's a non issue for me, I probably haven't even done more than 10 this year! Just arrest the dude.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

The way I read our state law is that the receipt has to be issued for any pedestrian simply stopped regardless of search or frisk. I'll find out Jan 1st when it takes effect.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Cop gay. So What posted:

Well 3rd times the charm but n4i finally gets there.

:allears:

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Ya know I got put on probation for literally this exact post...just sayin'

Seriously though. How many people a day are you frisking that a bit of paperwork is a problem ?

It would help prevent things like someone 3 months after the fact accusing you of sticking your fingers in her twat to deflect attention from her drug bust.

gently caress anyone who believes that a woman could have her pants forcibly removed in broad daylight at a public gas station and not a single corroborating witness shows up in 3 months. Christ, I got three witness business cards after just getting an overly enthusiastic TSA patdown.

Edited for report button happy lurkers: it's not victim blaming if it never happened.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

I usually stick my weed bag in my twat when I get pulled over too. Besides, when they try and search me I always consent because I know their not going to find it. I even go so far as to consent to a strip search because there's no way that's gonna happen, and they surely won't have a female officer drive over to call my bluff.

gently caress.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Untagged posted:

I usually stick my weed bag in my twat when I get pulled over too. Besides, when they try and search me I always consent because I know their not going to find it. I even go so far as to consent to a strip search because there's no way that's gonna happen, and they surely won't have a female officer drive over to call my bluff.

gently caress.

I honestly don't think it even happened. Not a single witness? Really? What would be an egregious violation and not one drat witness?

More likely:

Defense counsel reviews police report which contains passing reference to her babbling about a strip search: you were going to let them strip search you?
Client: uh. THEY RAPED ME!!!!!
Defense counsel: awesome! Let's sue.

Basically I don't trust anyone with leopard print fuzzy dice.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006
Why would any cop want to find weed so badly they would go digging for it in a human body? There is no way you could shove enough weed anywhere in your body to make it worth me going after. Congrats cops you got a nug off some girl but you had to literally finger her to get it and now your all gonna get fired. Drug war scores another victory.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Saw 3 cop cars in the drive thru for Taco Bell breakfast this morning

You guys are hella gross

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Booblord Zagats posted:

Saw 3 cop cars in the drive thru for Taco Bell breakfast this morning

You guys are hella gross

acab but don't talk poo poo about taco bell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Taco Bell is disgusting.

Food truck tacos are where it's at.

• Locked thread