Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Try this

• kill you are self

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Space-Pope posted:

teedle dee dee! looks like one of the internet fairies had a whoopsie-doodle somewhere on the way! press f5 to give the fairy a band-aid and tell it that it's going to be all better.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Achievement unlocked -

Press F5 to pay respects

Oh craigslist is down too :nsa:

mister negative
Jun 2, 2004

Salad Prong

pram posted:

the neogaf forums are dieing

good

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
Yeah new slogan for Microsoft Edge: That didn't work.

mister negative
Jun 2, 2004

Salad Prong
that's actually a statement about windows 8

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

lol

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
oh, frumpy-bottoms! it looks like something may be wrong with getting you onto this internet site! it's awfully tough to tell what's the matter, but we have some ideas:
1. your internet magicbox may not be working right now. maybe you tried connecting to it while you're far far away?
2. you typed the wrong letters in. it's alright if that happens, though, you silly billy. we all make mistakes. the important thing is that you try again! :)

mister negative
Jun 2, 2004

Salad Prong

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Space-Pope posted:

oh, frumpy-bottoms! it looks like something may be wrong with getting you onto this internet site! it's awfully tough to tell what's the matter, but we have some ideas:
1. your internet magicbox may not be working right now. maybe you tried connecting to it while you're far far away?
2. you typed the wrong letters in. it's alright if that happens, though, you silly billy. we all make mistakes. the important thing is that you try again! :)

mmhmmm.....so in ur mono gendered little chauvi-world u think there would not be any silly janes? are women inherently incapable of being silly? i have never known a woman to be not capable. ugh

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Space-Pope posted:

i should have used the less zoomed out one first really

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

gently caress you

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

mmhmmm.....so in ur mono gendered little chauvi-world u think there would not be any silly janes? are women inherently incapable of being silly? i have never known a woman to be not capable. ugh
see this is why we need more meetings to hash out the details. ping me when u land back at ur cube so we can synergize our project teams and bing out a solution

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Space-Pope posted:

teedle dee dee! looks like one of the internet fairies had a whoopsie-doodle somewhere on the way! press f5 to give the fairy a band-aid and tell it that it's going to be all better.

A COMPUTER GUY
Aug 23, 2007

I can't spare this man - he fights.

:holymoley:

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

uh oh! something went wrong. this could be really bad, actually. hmm, we'll just take some data. right now, we have 1% of the data, but later we'll have 100%. you just have to wait a while. how long, no one knows for sure.

later when your computer finishes rebooting, Bing CORTANA_RAMPANT

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

PleasureKevin posted:

uh oh! something went wrong. this could be really bad, actually. hmm, we'll just take some data. right now, we have 1% of the data, but later we'll have 100%. you just have to wait a while. how long, no one knows for sure.

later when your computer finishes rebooting, Bing CORTANA_RAMPANT

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

theultimo posted:

Why is this a thing on windows mobile, I could just use my car stereo

Sometimes we're not in our cars unfortunately.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

theultimo posted:

is this an official app ? cause it looks really bad

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

is that dithering ityol 2015?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

theultimo posted:

89.3 is the same frequency as kpcc here. my fav station

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Im

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

nice ocd

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo_2ReMNzhU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

it's not even that, it's the seemingly arbitrary weight of the lines and text in relation to one another

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/08/17/windows-10-safedisc-securom-drm/

noooo, not my video games

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Microsoft does something..... right?

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

You Am I posted:

Microsoft does something..... right?

well it's basically making you either buy your games again off Origin or Steam, or pirate them and probably get malware

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i already had to rebuy a lot of old games

mostly because who actively uses a cd rom in 2015

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Phoenixan posted:

i already had to rebuy a lot of old games

mostly because who actively uses a cd rom in 2015

Or who actively HAS a cd or dvd rom.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

pseudorandom name posted:

is that dithering ityol 2015?

dithering is authentically digital

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
hang on let me install from these 3 disks instead of downloading it from gog in under 20 mins

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

PleasureKevin posted:

is this an official app ? cause it looks really bad

yes, why do you have something against authentically digital

really the whole "content is king!" argument for sparse UI's seems to forget that often you don't have any visual content, the interface is all there is so might not want to make it look like poo poo

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

it's not even aligned under the progress bar either, what the gently caress is the point of the framing

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

theultimo posted:

Or who actively HAS a cd or dvd rom.

i do just because i just swap from one computer to another because why not

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
its almost like drm mostly affects legitimate customers

like i guess it stifles pirates for a week or two. i think diablo 3 was the sole example of successful drm because all the monsters, skills, and loot logic were server side. but who wants to pay that expense, just bolt on some garbage promise middleware

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Triglav posted:

its almost like drm mostly affects legitimate customers

like i guess it stifles pirates for a week or two. i think diablo 3 was the sole example of successful drm because all the monsters, skills, and loot logic were server side. but who wants to pay that expense, just bolt on some garbage promise middleware

it's great when publishers release no-CD patches for old games only for it to be discovered that they just repackaged an existing crack

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

PleasureKevin posted:

well it's basically making you either buy your games again off Origin or Steam, or pirate them and probably get malware

There are plenty of lovely old releases on steam that still have securom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
incoming snipe detected

• Locked thread