Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

A couple others that may be of interest -

Tripwire posted:

Reloads now complete once the magazine is in the weapon instead of when the animation settles.

Support
Level 15 Bombard
Tweaked skill to stumble zeds, M4 has the strongest stumble power and can stumble Fleshpound.

Commando
Level 5 Skills - Tier renamed to Supply
Large mags has moved to replace the old night vision skill choice
Backup is now a Level 5 skill
Backup bonus damage has been increased to 60% (Works with Dualies)

Parry system now requires weapon strength to be higher than zeds to parry
Weapon Parry strength
Knife = 1, Crovel = 3, Katana = 4, Pulverizer = 5, Zweihander = 5, Eviscerator = 5
Zed Parry Resistance
Clots = 0, Crawler = 1, Stalker = 1, Siren = 1, Gorefast = 2, Husk = 2, Bloat = 3, Scrake = 4, FP = 4, Hans = 4

Can now interrupt reloads by using ironsights
Can now interrupt reloads by throwing a grenade

There's also a new AAR screen after the game ends.

e; Oop- start of the page. Here's the notes again: Page 1 Page 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Oh my lord that bombard tweak

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
"NVidia GeForce Experience integration"

which means what, exactly?

also, "Hans is no longer obsessed with talking about hunting when everybody is dead"

I hope he's obsessed with talking trash instead.

Ruggington posted:

yeah my initial reaction was "and where's my weight change for the M4 hmmm" but if bombard works out the way I want it to, that sounds really good.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Hey Eonwe, there's this thing called an edit button, maybe try using it when you think of some witty thing to say instead of filling the thread with your retarded shitposting and giving me the impression that something huge happened.

Cool changelog though, hope it goes live soon.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Post when you feel it's right eonwe

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I'll support you

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Psion posted:

which means what, exactly?

That's the thing that just downloads updates for my drivers. If I could guess, maybe it'll just give you alerts in-game when there's a driver update or something.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Much like the support in the video game killing floor 2

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
:justpost:

I need a whole page of that AV.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

is it possible to :f5: on Steam?

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Alteisen posted:

Hey Eonwe, there's this thing called an edit button, maybe try using it when you think of some witty thing to say instead of filling the thread with your retarded shitposting and giving me the impression that something huge happened.

That's kinda his thing tho. I think that posting style is more popular in the other subforums which are his native habitat.

(Eonwes good poo poo, we trolled gtav pubs with much success.)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Alteisen posted:

lol do you imagine this is going to improve my posting or

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hey guys did you know there is a posting drought and that if you post too much then other people won't be able to post

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im going to do a super serious callout in a video game thread over posting etiquette - mentally normal person

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

is it possible to :f5: on Steam?

Take a nap and it might be there when you wake up

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Call a friend and ask how their day is going

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Eonwe vs Altesien, the posting battle of the ... uh ...

...um

Theta Zero posted:

That's the thing that just downloads updates for my drivers. If I could guess, maybe it'll just give you alerts in-game when there's a driver update or something.

right, I have it for Shadowplay but I have no idea how a game would integrate with it. GFE already gives me popups for driver updates so that can't be it, right?

e: oh wait GFE has some sort of performance configuring widget, I bet that's it.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Ruggington posted:

M4 + Bombard is going to be a viable build with that and the 8 shells/faster reload. It's nice to not have to get the AA-12.

Psion posted:

GeForce Experience is the nVidia software that downloads/applies optimal settings and drivers, so I'm guessing this just means they're providing nVidia the info they need to offer official setting recommendations or something maybe?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Psion posted:

Eonwe vs Altesien, the posting battle of the ... uh ...

...um

wow he isnt anywhere near the same level of shitposter I am, get your poo poo together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

GeForce Experience is the nVidia software that downloads/applies optimal settings and drivers, so I'm guessing this just means they're providing nVidia the info they need to offer official setting recommendations or something maybe?

Yeah, looking into it, that's probably it. Also some cards have LED lights that are controlled using GeForce Experience that can flash, glow, or change colors depending on your status in the game (for instance, my friend's LED lights go from blue to red if you get caught in Payday 2), so that's another possibility.

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature
Please, there's no need to fight over who is the bigger poo poo poster.

You can ALL take me to prom.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Yay for interrupting reloads, now I'll be able to actually shoot at least once in Zed Time :v: I like the parry changes, I LOVE the Eviscerator changes, Hans changes are basically what we asked for and we now know which attacks are unblockable.

Seems like a great patch, can't wait to play it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Questioner86 posted:

Please, there's no need to fight over who is the bigger poo poo poster.

You can ALL take me to prom.

i dont take sloppy seconds, i go first

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Abandoned Toaster posted:

Although Demolitions sort of does the traps with pipe bombs, so since he's dropping in the next update we'll see if pipe bombs are part of it.

Demo gets C4 as his bomb laying weapon, it's been confirmed.

Also yuck on the animation reload change. Finishing the reload before the animation is done absolutely sucks, because it encourages and rewards stupid weapon switch behavior. If you want the reload to be faster, make the animation faster, don't force people to weapon switch juggle. It's just as dumb as running faster with a knife out and we've left that behind (for the most part).

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kikas posted:

Yay for interrupting reloads, now I'll be able to actually shoot at least once in Zed Time :v: I like the parry changes, I LOVE the Eviscerator changes, Hans changes are basically what we asked for and we now know which attacks are unblockable.

Seems like a great patch, can't wait to play it.

yea parry changes own and interrupting reloads is basically going to improve the game a ton for me, i thought that was the most annoying part about the game

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

DatonKallandor posted:

Demo gets C4 as his bomb laying weapon, it's been confirmed.

Also yuck on the animation reload change. Finishing the reload before the animation is done absolutely sucks, because it encourages and rewards stupid weapon switch behavior. If you want the reload to be faster, make the animation faster, don't force people to weapon switch juggle. It's just as dumb as running faster with a knife out and we've left that behind (for the most part).

I figured it meant that the animation is a bit shorter, as in, you can actually shoot when the magazine is in the weapon, as opposed to "magazine in weapon and weapon put back to the default position on the screen".

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature
Yeah, it means that once the magazine is seated in the weapon it counts as reloaded if you switch away from the weapon/interrupt with a bash/throw a grenade. Sure, if the weapon was empty this means you never have to chamber a round but it's not faster to load the weapon - interrupt the reload with a bash - Fire than it is to load the weapon - chamber a round - fire.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It's the CoD system. You can cancel as soon as the counter updates and the counter updates as soon as the magazine is seated.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

DatonKallandor posted:

Finishing the reload before the animation is done absolutely owns, because it encourages and rewards stupid weapon switch behavior.

Sorry there was a typo in your post, thought I'd get that for you.

Seriously though there's nothing more infuriating than reloading a weapon, having the mag settle in, switching away to do something else, and coming back to the gun to find out it's still empty and I have to start the reload all over again aaaaaagh. Unless Tripwire want to implement a system that remembers where you were at during the reload (and I don't want them to, I'd rather just have the patch now thanks), this is the next best thing.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008
Got my fingers crossed for the M4 changes being good and noticeable enough to make people pick it instead of the AA12 and Hunting Shotgun.

Disappointed at the parry changes but it makes sense. RIP FP tanking with a knife.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

what are we even waiting for right now

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

I'm waiting between sets right now friend

gotta catch your breath or your lifts suffer

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I'm also waiting to go to dinner with my grandmother

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

But I gotta visit some family first

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Busy busy busy

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LISmPmdUhYA

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Kept you waiting, huh?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

turnways posted:

Kept you waiting, huh?

Is it actually available (or at least thrown at Steam) or are you just cockteasing us some more? :v:

Or are you suggesting half of the dev team will suddenly call in "sick" when MGSV comes out?

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Alkydere posted:

Is it actually available (or at least thrown at Steam) or are you just cockteasing us some more? :v:

Or are you suggesting half of the dev team will suddenly call in "sick" when MGSV comes out?

I'm just pumped as hell for the next Hideo Kojima masterpiece, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, starring Punished "Venom" Snake and Revolver "Shalashaska" Ocelot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

we're waiting to see how far your slow descent into madness over video game updates will go