Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Dick Trauma posted:

"Hi! We pasted in people all over this cool background."

They could have used new photos of the cast, too, instead of using same elements from the character posters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

rawillkill posted:

Not a poster but a banner

Someone ought to tell them that District 13 is already a movie and so maybe it would be a good idea to put the name of their own film on the poster.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Jedit posted:

Someone ought to tell them that District 13 is already a movie and so maybe it would be a good idea to put the name of their own film on the poster.

"Concluding part of mega-franchise with recognition around the world flops due to marketing confusion with obscure action film no one has heard of."

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Amusingly District 13 was remade starring paul walker (?) and the original guy who played leto. I couldn't make it more than 5 minutes in it was so similar.

Free Drinks
Dec 16, 2006

Oh, my God; I care so little, I almost passed out.

Distorted Kiwi posted:

We're gonna need a bigger.. budget.

I remember this as box art from one of the video stores my family went to when I was a little kid. It legitimately terrified me, full on nightmare-fuel. I remember I was actually scared to walk down the horror aisles because some of the covers scared the poo poo out of me.

Like this mother fucker right here.

Ugh, who would have thought a TV movie would have given me so many nightmares.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Free Drinks posted:

I remember this as box art from one of the video stores my family went to when I was a little kid. It legitimately terrified me, full on nightmare-fuel. I remember I was actually scared to walk down the horror aisles because some of the covers scared the poo poo out of me.

I love how the even the box art tacitly admits the other two tales are poo poo. But "Zuni Fetish Doll" loving terrified me when I first saw it as a kid. It more than offsets the other two stories (which I can't even remember off the top of my head).

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Free Drinks posted:

Trilogy of Terror is legit scary though.

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
I like this new Sicario poster, I wish all of it were hand drawn.

jet sanchEz fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Aug 26, 2015

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
That is going to be extremely goddamn good.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

rawillkill posted:

Not a poster but a banner

I like playing the "guess how many light sources" game. Good lord this is bad.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

jet sanchEz posted:

I only need one movie about the border. Please enjoy the terrible poster.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Yodzilla posted:

I like playing the "guess how many light sources" game. Good lord this is bad.

It's sad; aside from the flaming bird posters, the Hunger Games posters are usually fantastic.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

jet sanchEz posted:

This is a True Detective imitation I can get behind.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

jet sanchEz posted:

I was on the fence about seeing this at TIFF in a couple weeks but this put me over the top. gently caress yes.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Dick Trauma posted:

I only need one movie about the border. Please enjoy the terrible poster.

The Border is also great.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

flashy_mcflash posted:

I was on the fence about seeing this at TIFF in a couple weeks but this put me over the top. gently caress yes.

On the fence about seeing a new Villeneve movie that isn't Blade Runner 2? Come on, son.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This is very clean. And very boring.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

This is very clean. And very boring.

Eh, it kinda fits.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Clean is ok, fits within the Apple design language but all white is really boring. Just changing the background and text a little bit makes a big difference imo

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Changing the background and the text does make a big difference

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Wendell posted:

Pretty sure that's Expendables tho

I would watch a version of Hunger Games where Sylvester Stallone plays Katniss and no one says anything about it.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Harlock posted:

Changing the background and the text does make a big difference

Come watch this Ashton Kutcher movie cash-in about an rear end in a top hat who made expensive consumer products and "turn on you're mind". Yeah, sure OK

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Fayez Butts posted:

Come watch this Ashton Kutcher movie cash-in about an rear end in a top hat who made expensive consumer products and "turn on you're mind". Yeah, sure OK

Seriously, what's up with these Steve Jobs bio-pics? One was too many.

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!
Is it "bi-op-ic" or "bio-pic?"

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

MacheteZombie posted:

Seriously, what's up with these Steve Jobs bio-pics? One was too many.
He was influential and he's dead now. There's money to be made there. It's practically a given. Well, 1 was. 2 within the span of a few years seems like a bit much.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Plus the last one didn't show what an rear end in a top hat he was so I guess they feel that needs to be fixed.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Spazzle posted:

Amusingly District 13 was remade starring paul walker (?) and the original guy who played leto. I couldn't make it more than 5 minutes in it was so similar.

The American version is less terrible towards the female character.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Neowyrm posted:

Is it "bi-op-ic" or "bio-pic?"

Whoever says the first one is a raging rear end in a top hat.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Aphrodite posted:

Plus the last one didn't show what an rear end in a top hat he was so I guess they feel that needs to be fixed.

I think it comes across in Kutcher's performance, which I'll still defend as being the best part in a lovely movie. I mean, the script isn't there to back him up, but he's doing the best anyone could do with it.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'd watch a Jobs movie filmed like Spring Breakers or Nightcrawler.

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!

Allen Wren posted:

Whoever says the first one is a raging rear end in a top hat.

Haha.... yeah..... Who would ever pronounce it like that......... douchebags probably .....

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Whoever pronounces it bio-pic is an idiot who pronounces a word wrong so there.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

kiimo posted:

Dictionaries disagree with you.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Spazzle posted:

RZA is cool in it tho

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

flosofl posted:

Dictionaries disagree with you.

yes i know but that wasn't the point of my post.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

kiimo posted:

Zuh? It's a biographical moving picture. A bio pic. How could you think any different?

Edit: Oh, your point was not to be a jerk? NEVER.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Also Los Angeles is hilarious about pronouncing everything wrong. When people first get here and correctly call it Los Feliz, (feh-leese, as in Feliz Navidad) they are quickly and smugly shot down as it is pronounced "lohs fee-lis" you stupid newbie. Don't get me started on Sepulveda Blvd.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I am saying it to myself right now and I am still unsure which pronunciation I am using.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
I always pronounced it "bi-op-ic" just because I never heard it said out loud for the longest time and that's how biopic would be pronounced if it was just a normal word.

Also, yes, LA is terrible with pronouncing things and it is infuriating. Oh what street do you live on? "Joe-uh-can"? You sure that's not Joaquin?