Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gaz-L posted:

Isn't the official version that his full name is Robert Bruce Banner, and he's just one of those people that prefers his middle name?

In an early Fantastic Four issue they fight the Hulk, and the caption box refers to him as Bob Banner. People noticed and Stan Lee said Bruce was his middle name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Marvel's telling retailers that RYV #5 is going to be massive like Spider-Gwen #1 was. There's 1:100, 1:150 and 1:200 variants that were added the week of the final order. The 1:200's cover will reflect the twist that happens OR SO THEY TELL US.

What twist? They good guys won. This Manhattan is apparently still blind to Dopm/Battleworld (does no one here care about travel?). I guess everyone now know Parker is Spidey but that was done last issue.

Seriously, nothing of consequence happened. At all. Unless this family is coming together post SW as the default Spidey/Parker (which we know they're not) then this was all just terrible poo poo. Like Slott is already poo poo but this was poo poo even for him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They are now telling us we'll have to wait and see what happens in the new ASM series.

We're a little pissed.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Did you end up ordering loads more copies because it was so hyped up?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rhyno posted:

They are now telling us we'll have to wait and see what happens in the new ASM series.

We're a little pissed.

Raft survivor Parker dies before SW ends: RYV Parker family becomes the main continuity Spider family.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Starsnostars posted:

Did you end up ordering loads more copies because it was so hyped up?

We did but I already offloaded one of the 1:100 variants for $150 on Ebay. If I can sell all 6 of the other variants we have I won't even need to sell a single standard copy to make money.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Raft survivor Parker dies before SW ends: RYV Parker family becomes the main continuity Spider family.

Sadly that would, in fact, probably be trading up.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I had this terrible nightmare that I picked up a Spider-man book and it was worse than ever.

Just to assuage my fears, there isn't actually an 11 year old geneticist being set up as the main villain right now, is there?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I could actually cope with a few issues of MJ having powers or a stolen suit of power armor or something. She's one of the last civilian significant others in comics, and it'd be fun to see straight-up 616 MJ as a superhero for a bit, Spider-Island notwithstanding.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wanderer posted:

I could actually cope with a few issues of MJ having powers or a stolen suit of power armor or something. She's one of the last civilian significant others in comics, and it'd be fun to see straight-up 616 MJ as a superhero for a bit, Spider-Island notwithstanding.

The rumor making the rounds is turn back now just in case.

Ready?

Seriously?

Okay.

On the final page of the new ASM #1, Peter calls MJ and refers to her as his wife.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Slott will gently caress it up no doubt but I would be ok with that.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Man, eventually one of these .1 storylines will be about that and it'll be pretty nice and i'll be satisfied.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That twist would own so it isn't happening.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I would love to see that happen, but it would still be Dan Slott writing it, so I don't give a gently caress if it's true or not. Gonna take more than that to get me to spend money on Spider-Man again.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TheJoker138 posted:

I would love to see that happen, but it would still be Dan Slott writing it, so I don't give a gently caress if it's true or not. Gonna take more than that to get me to spend money on Spider-Man again.

Like everything Dan Slott related it would mean other authors would take it over after he was done though.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ImpAtom posted:

Like everything Dan Slott related it would mean other authors would take it over after he was done though.

I'm pretty sure we're going to have to pry Spider-Man from his cold dead hands. Which probably isn't a bad idea anyways.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Skwirl posted:

I'm pretty sure we're going to have to pry Spider-Man from his cold dead hands. Which probably isn't a bad idea anyways.

Nah, that's Bendis. Slott just wants to last one month longer than him.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It would be pretty loving great if those 2 stopped writing comics.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

As far as Spider-Man writers go I don't really get the outright hatred for Slott as a I find him perfectly serviceable. Are there guys I'd rather be writing Spider-Man? Of course. I'd kill for Paul Tobin, Christos Gage, Fred Van Lente, or even Bendis on the main book. But I'll take a Slott over a Byrne or Mackie or JMS any day. I mean when you've been through the real dregs of Spider-Man writers Slott doesn't even rank.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
JMS is hands above Slott. Please do not sully him. It'sa me, I'm the one who loved Sins Past.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Gatts posted:

JMS is hands above Slott. Please do not sully him. It'sa me, I'm the one who loved Sins Past.

There are few things in Spider-Man history I loathe more than all than that mystical spider totem bullshit. Though Spider-Verse as a whole was just about the best result of it.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I don't hate Slott with the power of a million exploding suns like some do but he's really been on the title too long. He's survived two rounds of creative musical chairs and it would be great to have someone fresh take over.

If only Zeb Wells wasn't so successful outside of comics.

Castomira
Feb 24, 2011

Fuck you Eva Marie, if you have to be right there next to all of my posts you don't even get to have red hair. You're a dryad now.
:froggonk:

Gatts posted:

I loved it too, but with the way Gwen was portrayed in that it feels odd to reflect on the storyline, now that Spider-Gwen is a thing.

Like I know that they're from different dimensions, but it's weird to see the characterization transition from "practically Aerith" to "stoic Ramona Flowers."

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It's pretty simple. I'll take bad ideas done well over good ideas done bad. JMS had several bad ideas, but he executed them incredibly well, along with writing some flat-out all-time great Spider-man comics in between the bad ideas.

Dan Slott hasn't executed anything well since at least 2007, so I don't give two fucks about his premises or ideas or status quo changes. Oh Peter's re-married? Whatever, Dan Slott can't write in Peter's voice to save his life. Might as well be reading the adventures of the Mighty Web-Man, because his garbage sure doesn't feel like Spider-man.

Mackie actually reminds me of Dan Slott a lot, they both can only have a cool-sounding idea, then can't do anything interesting with it. But at least Mackie had JRJR on art to ease the suffering. Slott's got Ramos most of the time.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Starsnostars posted:

I don't hate Slott with the power of a million exploding suns like some do but he's really been on the title too long. He's survived two rounds of creative musical chairs and it would be great to have someone fresh take over.

Beyond some fun with hyperbole that's my only real problem with Slott, he refuses to leave even after he's obviously gotten bored with the book.

He's deprived me of one of my favorite characters being in better hands because he wants some crown for writing the most spider-man or is scared to leave and end up with another string of 12 issue series that get canned under his belt.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
As much as I'm ready for Slott to leave Spider-Man and have for years now, I can't really blame the guy for not wanting to leave what is clearly the sweetest gig he's probably ever going to have.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Marvel just announced that Mary Jane is going to be part of Iron Man

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well that's way more interesting to me than the previous spoiler.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
What? Why? He already has a redheaded love interest.

I don't think they have really interacted outside of civil war.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Sep 11, 2015

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

CharlestheHammer posted:

No idea. Guess that's something that will be part of the time jump.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

He even says "Nobody else was doing anything with her." So maybe those marriage rumors were unfounded.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Die Laughing posted:

He even says "Nobody else was doing anything with her." So maybe those marriage rumors were unfounded.

It is quite possible it's BS to silence the griping retailers who felt they were lied to.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Every big shake up has people jumping on the idea that the marriage is coming back, but it'll probably have to wait until people who grew up with married Peter take power in Marvel.

It's all movie set up man, Paltrow is too old to take up the Rescue identity but a Peter Parker aged MJ in the cinematic universe could.

Actually is MJ still running a bar? Maybe that's the in.

SirDan3k fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Sep 11, 2015

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Apparently Bendis is spinning another book out of Iron Man, setting up beginning in #4, so maybe the idea of MJ getting powers or a suit is happening and that's why?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Im Happy for more MJ. If Bendis puts her in Iron Man and the character isn't treated like crap and is away from Slott that's fine. If she's married to Parker then great.

If it's a bar idea where she's a Nexus and can interact with the wider MU then good.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

They were probably unfounded, as when describing his new run Slott commenting his is gonna bring back everyone's favorite trope. Love Triangles.

Who actually likes love triangles, BTW?

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

CharlestheHammer posted:

They were probably unfounded, as when describing his new run Slott commenting his is gonna bring back everyone's favorite trope. Love Triangles.

I love the idea of MJ in a suit, absolutely detest the idea of a love triangle. But Im 31 and grew up in love with a redhead, and I have a lot of energy when it comes to the marriage. Probably more than anything else in comics if Im being honest with myself.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

CharlestheHammer posted:

Me. Any sort of romantic trouble for Peter. I'm also a fan of "will they/won't they", "I love you, but hate Spider-Man, because I blame him for my fathers death.", or "I'm attracted to Spider-Man, but Peter Parker does nothing for me."

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Die Laughing posted:

Me. Any sort of romantic trouble for Peter. I'm also a fan of "will they/won't they", "I love you, but hate Spider-Man, because I blame him for my fathers death.", or "I'm attracted to Spider-Man, but Peter Parker does nothing for me."

OMG, I didn't know anyone liked any of those things.

They are so loving tedious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone

CharlestheHammer posted:

Not after Superior Iron Man. She is done with Tony's rear end.

• Locked thread