Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Keeshhound posted:

"Your father wanted you to have this when you were old enough, but your uncle wouldn't allow it. He feared you might follow old XxX_Sephiroth420_XxX on some drat fool raid like your father did."

"What is it?"

"Your father's gaming mouse. This is the weapon of a True Gamer. Not as clumsy or random as a controller. An elegant weapon, for a more civilized age."

thank u Tim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

That's beautiful.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
I just assumed it was a loss edit and moved on.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Well poo poo, Witcher 3 is on sale on Steam for $40. I guess I finally have to give in, don't I.

Edit: Or do I get Dragonball Xenoverse at 83% off for $8, because wow that's a huge discount this early.

Edit2: Now Dragonball is 50% off. Should have jumped on that earlier I guess! Makes my decision easier though, I suppose.

Ragequit fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Sep 10, 2015

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

F

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

-please see me after class

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

XCOM: Enemy Unknown is free to play all weekend

XCOM 2 is up for preorder in the store (launches February 5 2016) £39.99/$59.99 and has some dumb preorder customisation dlc

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

lovely mobile version of FF5 coming to Steam in two weeks

http://store.steampowered.com/app/382890/?snr=1_7_7_comingsoon_150_3

Including the crappy touch UI because they're that fuckin lazy

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

XCOM 2 is up for preorder in the store (launches February 5 2016) £39.99/$59.99 and has some dumb preorder customisation dlc

Forgot they pushed the release back, guess I'll get it for my Birthday instead of preordering now.

beef express
Sep 7, 2005

The highest technique is to have no technique.

cat doter posted:

It still runs fine without being logged in and I don't care about GFWL, I've never even particularly hated it (except for when it was used with dark souls gently caress that noise, loving thing broke one of my saves) but the game itself runs for about 5 minutes before crashing, it's unplayable as is.

There's some fixes in this thread, at least if its the problems I was having. The game is still janky as all hell though - I heard installing a Tale of Two Wastelands and playing FO3 through that is marginally less crash-prone, but haven't tried it out yet.

0lives
Nov 1, 2012

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Christ, $80 for XCOM 2, it was $75 for MGSV and $70 for GTAV. Every couple of months the price goes up!
Thanks Canadian dollar!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

My Space Rangers 2 game ended with me becoming Space Don and leading pirate rebellions against the civilized planets, accidentally dooming everyone to death by robot invasion. Last time I loaded it half the systems were under robot control, 15% were pirate, 25% everyone else, and the remainder kept flipflopping between the three of us. Game is good.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

They sure were right about it being a game with a limited lifespan!

According to the website counter there are still 215,295,214 lives remaining. We'll probably all die before those run out.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

hey that's cool I get to pay $127 for xcom 2 HOLY gently caress 2K WHAT ARE YOU DOING

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Quest For Glory II posted:

It's nice that it's 2D and they have better art, but again, lovely mobile version and all the art and sprites are smeared with vaseline.

Maybe they'll figure it out next time.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Carecat posted:

According to the website counter there are still 215,295,214 lives remaining. We'll probably all die before those run out.

Also the Humble Store has this for 33% off already, so lol at anyone who bought it at launch like two weeks ago.

In other Humble Store news, if you want a fun, campy top-down shooter then Shadowgrounds is all of $0.69.

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here

Quest For Glory II posted:

They're going to run out of mobile games that aren't FFT and then they'll have to port WotL right?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

0lives posted:

Christ, $80 for XCOM 2, it was $75 for MGSV and $70 for GTAV. Every couple of months the price goes up!
Thanks Canadian dollar!
Welp, time to wait for a GMG coupon for like 40% off so I can end up paying 60 american dollars for it.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Why is Canada's currency self-destructing?

Also, where is XCOM 2 $127?

cat doter posted:

hey that's cool I get to pay $127 for xcom 2 HOLY gently caress 2K WHAT ARE YOU DOING

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

At least the 1:1 euro-dollar pricing makes more sense now.

Thanks Greece.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Jamfrost posted:

Also, where is XCOM 2 $127?

mad max land

Contingency Plan
Nov 23, 2007

Jamfrost posted:

Canada is basically a petro-state and the price of oil has been falling to punish Putin for his shenanigans in Ukraine.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Carecat posted:

It would probably be going down faster if the game wasn't apparently a half-baked pile of crap and people didn't have to spend $17 to play a half-baked piece of crap they eventually won't be able to play at all.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Carecat posted:

Beautiful.

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

How hosed it the PC version? I had to give up on a PS3 run due to an unavoidable game-stopping bug.

Contingency Plan posted:

Canada is basically a petro-state and the price of oil has been falling to punish Putin for his shenanigans in Ukraine.
Putin can preorder XCOM2 for under $30.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

look at this goddamn bullshit

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Atomicated posted:

They're going to run out of mobile games that aren't FFT and then they'll have to port WotL right?

I'd say I want Dragon Quest ports, but if they barely put effort in to the Final Fantasy ones what would the red-headed step-child series get?

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

cat doter posted:

look at this goddamn bullshit

I think Australia hates video games.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Jamfrost posted:

I think Australia hates video games.

2K pulls this all the time, they seem to think it's still 2011

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Jamfrost posted:

We put all our eggs in oil and then Saudi Arabia knocked it down.

Also the US dollar is gaining value really quickly, and since it's the center of global economic comparison that doesn't mean so much that the US gets richer so much as literally the rest of the entire planet gets poorer.

1+1=:smith:

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Atomicated posted:

Given their usual speed (4 years to port the PSP version to iOS, 4 more years to port the iOS version to Android), it's due to PC sometime around 2019.

:smith:

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

SelenicMartian posted:

How hosed it the PC version? I had to give up on a PS3 run due to an unavoidable game-stopping bug.

The PC version is more or less perfect.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Shovel Knight's free DLC confirmed for the 17th across all platforms. :dance:

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."
It's possible Kojima is going to pull the ultimate troll move on 9/11. Or it's just a fake-out.

Lots of hints (lots!) pointing to something happening tomorrow. There's a thread for it over at the MGS subreddit if you want to know more.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blattdorf posted:

It's possible Kojima is going to pull the ultimate troll move on 9/11. Or it's just a fake-out.

Lots of hints (lots!) pointing to something happening tomorrow. There's a thread for it over at the MGS subreddit if you want to know more.

It's fake. It's some random fan ARG and literally nothing is going to come from it.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."

ImpAtom posted:

It's fake. It's some random fan ARG and literally nothing is going to come from it.

It's rather elaborate and Kojima seems to be playing along with it, if that's the case.

We'll know tomorrow either way.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Wow, people actually think MGS 5 not having a climactic ending and ending so abruptly is literally because it's just a ruse and actually they're gonna push out the rest of the game tomorrow for real you'll see, all because of this incredibly fake thing. How delusional can you be?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

CJacobs posted:

Wow, people actually think MGS 5 not having a climactic ending and ending so abruptly is literally because it's just a ruse and actually they're gonna push out the rest of the game tomorrow for real you'll see, all because of this incredibly fake thing. How delusional can you be?

Metal Gear fans, what did you expect?

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

CJacobs posted:

the loss of our content, I can still feel it, the phantom pain is there!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Payday today, picked up MGSV. Can't wait to play

Oh, thats quite a wait time. Guess I'll order some take out...

• Locked thread