Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

the only people who thought mitt romney was winning in the general election were people in the mitt romney campaign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

TEAYCHES posted:

lmao five thirty eight

lmao Bernie has no endorsements and will never get the nom.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Four years ago fivethirtyeight wasn't part of loving ESPN.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Montasque posted:

same but jeremy corbyn

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Kalman posted:

You should really read that again. Table 1 in both cases.

Question 3 (with Biden in):

Clinton 40
Biden 12
Sanders 41

Question 3A (Biden out):

Clinton 47
Sanders 44

So of Biden's 12%, 7% went to Hillary, 3% to Bernie, and 1% each to OMalley and "don't know."

oh i misread your post, i thought you meant Hillary ended up at +7 over Bernie not that 7% went to her.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Montasque posted:

oh boy hillary has 300 votes out of the 2k+ needed to win the nomination, she's got it all sewn up

Franco Potente
Jul 9, 2010

TEAYCHES posted:

same but jeremy corbyn

Corbyn got 36 party nominations (unintentional though a third of them may have been), which puts him up 36 over Sanders.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Franco Potente posted:

Corbyn got 36 party nominations (unintentional though a third of them may have been), which puts him up 36 over Sanders.

nominations arent endorsements and corbyn was treated with hostile contempt by the labour party establishment throughout the campaign. the insane attacks on corbyn were far above anything sanders has seen from the democrats. hes so far off labours status quo that there are fears of him splitting the party because the neoliberals are too butthurt

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

538 is accurate as gently caress you doofuses

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

538 is accurate as gently caress you doofuses

as a case study in autism yeah

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Oh man 538 had been able to accurately predict every election within an acceptable margin of error, including off year elections, but they're WRONG about MY candidate!

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

TEAYCHES posted:

lmao five thirty eight

Remember when goons were jizzing themselves over Chuck Todd's work in 2007 when he was just the numbers guy MSNBC brought on? I was one of them. He gave solid, straightforward, factual information. He was great. Everyone was like, "Wow, this guy should be on regularly, promote him to a regular position." MSNBC did exactly that, he was given a wider breadth of exposure and analysis to do, and it turned out he was kind of an idiot whenever he did anything but pure numbers. Nate Silver, although exponentially more skilled on the numbers side, seems kind of the same.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

TEAYCHES posted:

the only people who thought mitt romney was winning in the general election were people in the mitt romney campaign

This is possibly the least correct thing you have ever posted.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
So anyway, like I started last week, here's this week's 2012/2016 RCP average comparison. This one is dedicated to Rick Perry.

This is a special occasion for Perry because four years ago at this time marks his absolute high point in the Presidential race...he started declining a few days later and would collapse in the RCP average by the end of September.

This time, of course, Perry never got any traction at all and is out of the race. On the plus side, this means he can devote his full attention to fighting his indictments! Good luck in court, Governor Perry!

Also, once again, we should note that Jeb Bush has dipped below where Dr. Ron Paul was four years ago at this point. Carson's surge seems to be coming out of everyone's hide except Trump's.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Actually they have issues with foreign elections and mayoral elections i think? i'd be inclined to agree with you but every pollster has their off day and it's always possible for them to be wrong b/c of a black swan event or w/e

just wait until iowa, then we can start crowing about how donald sanders is hosed

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

A Neurotic Jew posted:

This is possibly the least correct thing you have ever posted.

nah i pretty distinctly remember obama winning and it being a surprise to no one but the mitt romney campaign and that right wing huckster polling guy

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

TEAYCHES posted:

nah i pretty distinctly remember obama winning and it being a surprise to no one but the mitt romney campaign and that right wing huckster polling guy

And Karl Rove.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TwuR0jCavk

I haven't watched this in awhile and I'm smiling like a fool. So good.

Megyn Kelly is drunk as hell, which makes it better.

Pohl fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Sep 12, 2015

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

TEAYCHES posted:

there were a ton of republicans who were blindsided by it, don't you remember the white people crying blog

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

mandatory lesbian posted:

there were a ton of republicans who were blindsided by it, don't you remember the white people crying blog

all of them were watching fox news or listening to that right wing huckster polling guy, republican reality distortion field i think was the phrase

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

TEAYCHES posted:

Between the first and second debate there was a general feeling that Romney might actually win it.

To this day many Republicans blame the second debate, and Candy Crowley in particular, for Romney's eventual loss.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Franco Potente posted:

Corbyn was also endorsed by Donald Trump.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Montasque posted:

Between the first and second debate there was a general feeling that Romney might actually win it.

To this day many Republicans blame the second debate, and Candy Crowley in particular, for Romney's eventual loss.

yeah but the whole time his polling was bad because he was an unrelatable robot person

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTCRwi71_ns

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

TEAYCHES posted:

all of them were watching fox news or listening to that right wing huckster polling guy, republican reality distortion field i think was the phrase

yes i know, the way you worded your post made it seem you didnt count those people as being surprised

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

TEAYCHES posted:

nominations arent endorsements and corbyn was treated with hostile contempt by the labour party establishment throughout the campaign. the insane attacks on corbyn were far above anything sanders has seen from the democrats. hes so far off labours status quo that there are fears of him splitting the party because the neoliberals are too butthurt

if sanders starts looking remotely as threatening as corbyn the knives will come out

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Peel posted:

if sanders starts looking remotely as threatening as corbyn the knives will come out

and like with corbyn it will backfire as badly as tony blair writing pleading panicky op-eds in the guardian whinging about how he doesnt get it and everyones lost their mind except him

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Sinnlos posted:

please keep in mind that this does not invalidate my complaint that Bernie tends to frame things in regards to class-based issues while Hillary has an actual track record of working with minorities.

Yeah, her being one if the driving forces behind "tough on crime" legislation that has had as harmful of an effect on black America as any Republican policy is a fantastic record.

I guess it's okay because she gives lip service to how we need reform now because it's totally what she believes and not because it's become politically expedient.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Pohl posted:

And Karl Rove.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TwuR0jCavk

I haven't watched this in awhile and I'm smiling like a fool. So good.

Megyn Kelly is drunk as hell, which makes it better.

Thank you for this. Watching Karl Rove meltdown is beautiful.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Montasque posted:

Thank you for this. Watching Karl Rove meltdown is beautiful.

I think the best part was Megyn Kelly deciding she'd had enough of that fat gently caress's bullshit and walking the production crew all back to the math room so they could have some analyst in there say how wrong Rove was, on live television.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Carly strikes back

quote:

Washington (CNN)Carly Fiorina has a message for Donald Trump: Yes, "look at this face."

The former Hewlett-Packard CEO kicked off her speech Friday night to the National Federation of Republican Women in Phoenix by offering a clear rebuttal of Trump's recently quoted comments on her in which he criticized her looks.

"Ladies, look at this face," Fiorina said, to strong applause. "This is the face of a 61-year-old woman. I am proud of every year and every wrinkle."

Fiorina didn't call out Trump by name on Friday night, but her remarks were tailored to the receptive, women-dominated crowd.

"Look at all of your faces," Fiorina said, according to video posted online. "The face of leadership. The face of leadership in our party, the party of women's suffrage. The face of leadership in your communities, in your businesses, in your places of work and worship. Ladies, note to Democrat Party: We are not a special interest group, we are the majority of the nation."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/12/politics/carly-fiorina-donald-trump-look-at-face/index.html

Also, Trump is speaking in the next couple of minutes

It should be up on http://www.cnn.com

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

XK posted:

Nate Silver, although exponentially more skilled on the numbers side, seems kind of the same.

If true, this is more of a huge burn on Chuck Todd than a compliment to Nate Silver's numbers skills.

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

NotJesus posted:

It's funny that when people say that Trump might win the nomination, other people trot out these poll graphs from 2012 that show the Not-Romneys crashing one after another.
As if it was a proof that Trump was going to follow the exact same trend.

But when you show a poll graph from 2008 it does NOT mean Bernie Sanders is going to follow the same trend.
It's completely different.

What's even better is the poll that shows Trump beating Clinton/Biden/Sanders in the general is apparently just a weird outlier, but a single Iowa poll where Sanders has a very narrow lead on Clinton (with Biden as an option as well) is indicative of a trend.

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Adorability is my single issue so this is actually v persuasive

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i actually feel bad for him

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Carly strikes back

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/12/politics/carly-fiorina-donald-trump-look-at-face/index.html

Also, Trump is speaking in the next couple of minutes

It should be up on http://www.cnn.com

"the party of women's suffrage" haha they're so desperate to wave around the GOP civil rights record of 100-150 years ago like it means poo poo

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

He must love those shoes.

Edit: Rand Paul campaign, please hire someone to dress your candidate, because :lol:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Abner Cadaver II posted:

"the party of women's suffrage" haha they're so desperate to wave around the GOP civil rights record of 100-150 years ago like it means poo poo

The party of the Northern aggression.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

Wait, 10% growth in 10 years? Is he bragging about slowing economic growth to 1% a year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

steinrokkan posted:

The party of the Northern aggression.

• Locked thread