Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

first thing out of his mouth, who is going to the game

and he keeps it short and works the crowd

I am still in the camp that he is doing this for revenge against people who have spurned him

also thank god his dad made him work blue collar jobs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I wish we could have Trump as an eternal Republican candidate just like I wish Biden could be VP for life. We thought 2012's primary was entertaining, but 2016 is like coming out of Plato's cave and seeing that all we were watching was shadows of true politics as theater.

Deep Hurting
Jan 19, 2006

blue squares posted:

He did not say ON TIME, Joe.

Only losers are satisfied with the trains merely being "on time."

Zwabu posted:

Maybe in political Mortal Kombat Trump's special attack should be Tweeting, where his cellphone shoots out angry Twitter birds that damage the opponent with beak and talons.

I still think he should have a "You're Fired" fatality where a big gout of flame crisps his enemy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-CkBrQfKMA

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gyges posted:

Probably all of them. Especially after McKinley.

Except maybe Bill. Slick Willy seemed to love him some glad handing. And McDonalds. Glad handing and McDonalds. And the ladies.

Bill Clinton hugged me at a rally when I was 8.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.

Answer a survey question to continue reading this content

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

Mistikman posted:

Answer a survey question to continue reading this content

Its better than hitting some arbitrary "you've already viewed 5 of our articles this month, subscribe or register today to view more" or paywall.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

FetusSlapper posted:

Its better than hitting some arbitrary "you've already viewed 5 of our articles this month, subscribe or register today to view more" or paywall.

Those are usually easily foiled just by going into incognito mode.

Scinon
Jul 23, 2006
Now with 2% more atoms!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Speaking of Trump

The general public (and we) might be laughing at these sick burns, but I think Trump is burning too many bridges. It could hurt his chances later on.

Uncle Wemus posted:

if trump is still polling at 50% and they nominate the guy whos at 25% whats going to happen? are the republican voters going to revolt?

Can they do that? Aren't primary electors pledged? Or are there still a lot of states where the Republicans use a different system?

Phlegmish fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Sep 13, 2015

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Phlegmish posted:

The general public (and we) might be laughing at these sick burns, but I think Trump is burning too many bridges. It could hurt his chances later on.

That's the beauty of it, now everyone who runs had to sign a pledge to support Trump if he wins the nomination, no matter how much he abused them on Twitter before. Imagine Rand being forced to endorse Trump in the general.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Phlegmish posted:

Good! Let him burn the bridges behind and ahead of him. That idiot should not even be running. He shouldn't even be polling at 0.01%, it only goes to show how many idiots live in the US.

E: Also, these aren't sick burns. The guy is like a loving child. He's running for president for christ sake. His whole attitude is only indicative of how he'd react with world leaders. The guy can only be a disaster for the country if not the world.

Dalael fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Sep 13, 2015

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I'm not so sure, I think he's got the ironic voting bloc in the bag.

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Dalael posted:

E: Also, these aren't sick burns. The guy is like a loving child. He's running for president for christ sake. His whole attitude is only indicative of how he'd react with world leaders. The guy can only be a disaster for the country if not the world.

Most "world leaders" are petty spiteful megalomaniacs like Trump, they just don't tweet about it.

Totalizator fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Sep 13, 2015

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Totalizator posted:

That's the beauty of it, now everyone who runs had to sign a pledge to support Trump if he wins the nomination, no matter how much he abused them on Twitter before. Imagine Rand being forced to endorse Trump in the general.

Holy poo poo that's right. Hahahahaha.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
im unironically for trump.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Dahn posted:

I think your right, this would be the death of the two party system.

If Trump waits much longer he can't run independent because of the signatures and due dates required for an independent run.

States are making increasingly difficult to get on the ballot without being one of the major two parties.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Baloogan posted:

im unironically for trump.

Who ties your shoes in the morning?
Did your teachers in high school forget to take away your glue and you ended up eating it all?
Are you Ralph from the Simpsons?
And last question: Wtf is wrong with you?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Gyges posted:

Except maybe Bill. Slick Willy seemed to love him some glad handing. And McDonalds. Glad handing and McDonalds. And the ladies.

Still my all-time favorite political sketch from SNL. Warlords!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Scott Walker trying to defend his campaign on CNN

http://go.cnn.com/?stream=cnn

They are currently playing compilation of his "yes I mean no I mean I have no opinion"

"I am the only candidate with a plan to replace Obamacare"

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Donald Trump duped into retweeting picture of Jeremy Corbyn

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/642655804684902401

:haw:

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/sep/12/donald-trump-duped-into-retweeting-picture-of-jeremy-corbyn

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Scott Walkers travesty of a national campaign is a treasure in and of itself

Personally, I'd like to hear about this 'don't know' fella (lady?)

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Watching Walker's campaign implode is the greatest treat of this primary

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Hartman was awesome but his Clinton was just okay. Great sketch, though. "There's gonna be a lot of things we don't tell Mrs. Clinton" indeed.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

"Have you ever took on a republican self interest group?"

"I raise money from donors across the country who want a leader to take on special interest"

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Watching Walker's campaign implode is the greatest treat of this primary

I don't know, watching Jeb 'The Smart One' Bush waste giant piles of superPAC money is also pretty great. Uh, Donald Trump's galvanizing of the 'Your Racist Uncle' coalition may or may not end up being a good thing, Rick Perry dropping out first, The Trump/Fox News holy war... this campaign is just full of surprises and treasures, really.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Dalael posted:

Did your teachers in high school forget to take away your glue and you ended up eating it all?

yes
no
no
i just want to watch the world burn

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Summary of interview:

No syrian refugees because of ISIS

Cop killings are the fault of Obama not speaking out against violence toward cops

It is media fault for me appearing indecisive

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

Dalael posted:

Sorry, but Trump is unironically the best candidate. Enjoy your 8 years of American greatness.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I am the guy in the corn hat

Shots fired

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Sep 13, 2015

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

What about the republican blood oath that won't backfire at all

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Full Battle Rattle posted:

What about the republican blood oath that won't backfire at all

jerk1000
Dec 3, 2014

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 20m20 minutes ago

Why is someone like George Pataki, who did a terrible job as Governor of N.Y. and registers ZERO in the polls, allowed on the debate stage?

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

jerk1000 posted:

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 20m20 minutes ago

Why is someone like George Pataki, who did a terrible job as Governor of N.Y. and registers ZERO in the polls, allowed on the debate stage?

The leading Republican presidential candidate has petty slap fights on Twitter, and it's every bit as wonderful as I could imagine. :allears:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

This must have been how politics were in the 18th & 19th century. You know... good, not this abomination of sterility & civility we've had the last 60+ years =/. Can't the courts somehow make dueling legal again?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Has anyone even signed the pledge besides Trump, Paul and Christie?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
10 years from now we're going to look back on this era and wonder how the hell we didn't predict the first Twitter President.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The convention might be too late for trump to run as 3rd party and be on the ballots

HalPhilipWalker
Feb 14, 2008
Does Christmas smell like oranges to you?
Hillary is a dead candidate walking.

While the email thing was something completely cooked up by Congressional Republicans in that every other Sec State has done it, everyone understands how fragile Internet security is. The whole debacle makes her look incompetent and untrustworthy. While Democrats would stand behind her if it was something only Republicans care about, it has destroyed her credibility with people who aren't reliable Democrats.

This has caused her to enter a death spiral. The main reason to vote for Hillary has always been electability. As she sheds supporters, Democratic primary voters stop seeing her as electable, causing her to shed more supporters, causing more people to see her as unelectable.

Nominations are great predictors of elections because they go to candidates that are likely to win. No one actually votes based on endorsements. Hillary received a bunch of endorsements when it looked like she would win. Those mean jack poo poo now.

That doesn't mean Bernie is going to win. Biden is waiting until Hillary is a stinking corpse, at which time he'll enter. He will become the new establishment candidate, pulling in support from Hillary and Bernie.

If you want a parallel to Hillary, go back to 2000. At the very start of the race, Elizabeth Dole was considered a front runner. But it became obvious that the main reason she was considered that was because of name recognition and her husband, Bob Dole, was the previous Republican nominee. Hillary is much the same. Support for her has less to do herself and more to do with the huge support for Bill. If she wasn't married to him, she would never be considered a viable candidate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
If Trump makes it to the convention with enough states won for the establishment to resort to delegate fuckery and openly going against the popular vote, he'd do more damage to the GOP then all the democrats in the past couple decades combined.

• Locked thread