Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

vyst posted:

My takeaway was that he's holding players accountable for their discipline on the field. This isn't a coach yelling at a guy for missing a play or not catching a ball (like Muschamp was prone to do) - this a situation of a coach yelling at a player for making a poor choice of character in that moment. He's trying to build men first, football players second because he believes that one comes with the other. I like it, and KT seems to have gotten the message.

Agreed. He isn't yelling at Jordan Reed for dropping a pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

R.D. Mangles posted:

oh poo poo my dudes

welcome, welcome, all are welcome

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
AP Poll

quote:

1 Ohio State (59)
2 Alabama
3 TCU
4 Michigan State (2)
5 Baylor
6 USC
7 Georgia
8 Notre Dame
9 Florida State
10 UCLA
11 Clemson
12 Oregon
13 LSU
14 Georgia Tech
15 Ole Miss
16 Oklahoma
17 Texas A&M
18 Auburn
19 BYU
20 Arizona
21 Utah
22 Missouri
23 Northwestern
24 Wisconsin
25 Oklahoma State

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Those have to be the first #1 votes for Michigan State since...what, 1966?

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

momtartin posted:

BGSU looked scary on offense yesterday. If that's what we look like when our offense clicks, then drat, it's gonna be an awesome season. Our defense was better than it was last game, and we didn't really get destroyed this time. Granted Maryland is a bottom tier Big Ten team, and UT is supposedly pretty good, so we'll have time to see. There is no team in the MAC that can handle this kind of offense, so if we can have the defense continue to improve and clean up the stupid penalties (I'm not even gonna mention the Special Teams right now), I can see another MAC title on the way.

Matt Johnson is going to break the single season record for passing this year for the school easily at this rate, and might have a shot for the NCAA record, as long as he stays healthy. Had he been our QB last year, we probably would have won the MAC again. Coppet/Greene are a nice thunder/lightning punch as well.

Memphis will be a challenge next week, but hopefully after two games on the road, we can put up a good fight. Purdue after that, and they're not that great either. If we can come out of this OOC schedule as 2-2, both wins against the B10, I'll be thrilled.

For what it's worth, I think you'll be at us this week. We thumped Kansas this week, but you will put our defensive losses this year to a very real test.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Excited for the big Duke-Northwestern matchup next week.

And I'm not even talking about mock trial.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
so like

how underrated was nick marshall

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
That's cool that two dudes think we can beat OSU

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Raku posted:

so like

I should dredge up quotes from the GDT where people swore AU would only drop a couple of spots, if any.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Raku posted:

so like

Well, he did make the NFL!

(As a corner)

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Houston received 16 votes :toot:

Yes, I know that's our ceiling.

ARCDad
Jul 22, 2007
Not to be confused with poptartin

Shadow225 posted:

For what it's worth, I think you'll be at us this week. We thumped Kansas this week, but you will put our defensive losses this year to a very real test.

I'm just afraid of our team getting overconfident after a win like that. We beat Indiana last year, then got destroyed by Wisconsin the next week. It will be a good game, and it might end up just being a shootout if your defense isn't as good, which is the best kind of football.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

C2C - 2.0 posted:

I should dredge up quotes from the GDT where people swore AU would only drop a couple of spots, if any.

I'm still pissed they're ranked at all. Although they might turn around when they bench Johnson next week. It's obvious at this point that 1) JJ is garbage 2) Malzahn's offense relies way too much on the POP pass to work without a true mobile QB

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Raku posted:

so like

Weird how that system makes corners into QBs and QBs into garbage

Raku posted:

I'm still pissed they're ranked at all. Although they might turn around when they bench Johnson next week. It's obvious at this point that 1) JJ is garbage 2) Malzahn's offense relies way too much on the POP pass to work without a true mobile QB

:agreed:

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

Who knows but hopefully Arkansas can turn it around. We have a common opponent, you know

And we both thrashed that common opponent, gave up only 3 points in the 2nd half, gave up some yards to Aaron Jones (who is probably a better back than Alex Collins and DeAndre Washington, all things considered). Doesn't really show too much.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
I read that Michigan only gave up 2 yards to Oregon State after the 1st quarter? That's incredible.

witz
Sep 28, 2001

Start winning some games or he'll kill you
Tom Murphy's AP ballot...

http://collegefootball.ap.org/poll-voter/tom-murphy

Good for laughs.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Andichu's Top 25

1. Ohio State – Looked almost mortal, but still very good.
2. TCU – Poor Stephen A Austin
3. Bama – Also looked Mortal
4. Michigan State – Help us Sparty, You’re Our Only Hope
5. Georgia Tech – Once again did what they’re supposed to.
6. UGA – They looked hilariously inept versus Vanderbilt, but maybe that was just overlooking them?
7. FSU – Took care of business versus an improved USF team.
8. USC – I feel like this is almost by default.
9. Baylor – Their defense is horrid.
10. Oklahoma – Big Game Bob Stoops is Back Baby
11. UCLA – I still don’t think they’re very good.
12. LSU – Next week vs Barner should be interesting. :twisted:
13. Ole Miss – Once again did what good teams do and did everything they’re supposed to do.
14. Oregon – There’s no real threat to them in the Pac-12 North and could still easily finish 10-2 or 11-1 and in the hunt for a playoff berth.
15. Clemson – The Other Tigers have one more tune up game against Louisville before they GT and ND
16. Arizona – Still sloppier than they should be, but seems to be chugging along nicely.
17. Notre Dame – Struggled versus UVA and lost Zaire for the year. Will need to find answers quickly.
18. A&M – At this point, I don’t think there’s any real difference in where the next several teams are slotted
19. Utah – Looked a little sloppy again, but closed out in what could have been a trap game.
20. BYU – gently caress Boise Now and Forever
21. WVU – Looked sloppy versus Liberty at times, now have a week off before Maryland.
22. Northwestern – I love scrappy little guys with J-schools
23. Temple – Hootie Hoo
24. Boston College– Seriously
25. Wisconsin – ‘Cause why not.

This is an excellent list.

Temple bitches

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Regnevelc posted:

I read that Michigan only gave up 2 yards to Oregon State after the 1st quarter? That's incredible.

Seemed like 50/50 of Oregon State being bad with an inexperienced QB and Michigan's D-Line being good

Looking at the schedule it's probably going to be awhile before we find out if that 2nd part is true.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

witz posted:

Good for laughs.

This is a man who did not watch a single game of football this (or maybe any) weekend.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

witz posted:

Good for laughs.

Aahahah aoh god it is

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
"I know MSU beat Oregon, but The Lord and Savior Bielema told me the big 10 is bad so..."

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

witz posted:

Good for laughs.

Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, Little Rock

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

witz posted:

Good for laughs.

There has to be multiple typos on that. Arkansas only got 6 points so we couldn't be 15th on any poll like that link says we are on his

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe
Rutgers's best player, Leonte Caroo, has been kicked off the team due to an "incident" that occurred outside the stadium post-game. Jesus christ that team

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Well Texas won a game against a bad team and did nothing to convince me they could beat a good team. But I saw a Charlie Strong team play without their foot on the brake in any phase, and it was refreshing as hell. Please Strong, please have the Gary Patterson Defensive Coach Conversion Experience. Rice dominated time of possession and ran it down our throats all game long. We gave up yards and we gave up points and we won anyway because we played aggressive and every unit had game-changing plays. We got a couple explosive plays on offense. Points. We took a punt to the house. Points. We got a couple stops, created some turnovers, and got a defensive TD. Points.

Big 12 football! Texas football!

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

chaoslord posted:

There has to be multiple typos on that. Arkansas only got 6 points so we couldn't be 15th on any poll like that link says we are on his

:razorfront:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

We deserve 0 points because we are garbage, my point was just that poll is probably not his actual entry

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

This is a spectacular photo.

Virginia Tech mashed Furman yesterday. Apparently we are now giving linemen meat tenderizers as a sort of trophy for good performance in a game. Linemen are the best football players.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Somehow, Minnesota gets 4 more votes after that shitshow, bringing us to a grand total of 9. I'll... take it?

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Frinkahedron posted:

Virginia Tech mashed Furman yesterday. Apparently we are now giving linemen meat tenderizers as a sort of trophy for good performance in a game. Linemen are the best football players.

He looks like he'd rather have the meat.

So would I.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Emanuel Collective posted:

Rutgers's best player, Leonte Caroo, has been kicked off the team due to an "incident" that occurred outside the stadium post-game. Jesus christ that team

How many players do they have left? It seems as though a lot of people have been kicked off the team recently.

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

Vernon Adams has poo poo for pocket awareness, can't run and can't throw down field. Got a whole season of this to look forward to. Oh well at least most of the Pac-12 looks a lot worse.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Frinkahedron posted:

Impermissible benefit, death to VA Tech. /ncaa

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Leonte Carroo suspended for allegedly getting in a fight outside of the stadium last night after the loss. How, how, how do Kyle Flood and Julie Hermann still have jobs.

Keep in mind that Carroo's personality is as level headed and calm as it gets, he is a boy scout. The fact that HIM (never mind the fact that he's by far and away the team's best player) is losing it is all the indictment you need that the program is melting down and completely out of control.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I'm pretty sure that Leonte Carroo was Manti Te'o's fake girlfriend. You can't fool me.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide

witz posted:

Good for laughs.

lmao what a loving schill

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

witz posted:

Good for laughs.

lol

In this guy's mind, Arkansas losing to its mid-major cupcake is worth jumping ahead three spots, but Georgia Tech beating the poo poo out of its mid-major cupcake is worth dropping three spots.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
This is who we are dealing with. The face of a madman...

You could always try tweeting him and asking what the gently caress he's thinking. @TomMurphyADG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
That absolutely looks like someone who works for a newspaper in Arkansas :lol:

• Locked thread