Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

JT Jag posted:

Football Outsiders is better imo

They can at least recognize that a 5 TD game is "good" using their magic black-box system, so there's that at least. :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Scuttlebutt around Indy is that Luck is playing injured. There is a dumb twitter shot of Hassleback tapping him on the chest and Luck recoiling and people are using that as proof. He hasn't shown anything in game that says injured and seems just to be forcing more poo poo because his line gives him 0 time to go through reads.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Grittybeard posted:

I have no clue as to how true this is but this site claims it started at Pitt in the '80s.

They go on to mention Pace at Ohio State later, I guess OSU's media department sent Heisman voters magnetic pancakes for him.

e: Pace's Heisman video. I only cringed a little bit.

Look how early he flips that pancake. A shameful flip

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
PFF is decent for blockers and dline players but kinda crap everywhere else.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ehud posted:

Yeah, I don't feel like this at all

I think PFZ is pretty much the only Dolphins fan who wants to move on from Tannehill

Pretty sure he was against the extension, so he's been consistent.

I've been for moving on from #17 ever since he threw that 3rd quarter pick six right out of the half against the Jets. It was the dumbest pass I've ever seen a QB attempt live.

EDIT: I think that was 2 years ago.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Why'd you call him #17 instead of Tannehill

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

JT Jag posted:

So just to clarify, Aaron Rodgers throws for 333, 5 TD, one dropped INT and one fumble that didn't actually happen and he gets a -.8 PFF score. Meanwhile, Carson Palmer throws for 311, 2 TD, 1 caught INT and 1 real fumble and gets a +6.2.

Sounds legit.

Part of the problem here is PFF doesn't count reads or hard counts or anything like that. They don't give a positive grade for "easy" throws that score a lot of yards after the catch, which I suppose is fair, but they don't give the QB credit for seeing the right opportunity that turns into a big play or making the decision to go with the safe throw.

Their QB grades pretty much focus on "How well did they do on 'hard' throws?" and little else.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pron on VHS posted:

Why'd you call him #17 instead of Tannehill

Why do people call me PFZ instead of PantsFreeZone? It's a long loving name to type out on a phone.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

PantsFreeZone posted:

Why do people call me PFZ instead of PantsFreeZone? It's a long loving name to type out on a phone.

PFZ, chill out bro

edit: lol if you haven't typed out tannehill enough that your phone just goes "well he typed t so i'll fill in the annehill for him"

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Kalli posted:

I don't think this was posted: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2571526-miami-dolphins-are-being-held-back-by-joe-philbin-poor-coaching

It's from before this weekend's game where one of the FO contributors basically lays out that the coaching in Miami is dreadful .

little things, like not giving Miller the ball on first down, or this:

Gee, think he should throw a quick out to the flat?

This is awesome. I like anything that examines in great detail how stupid my team is. Thanks

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Chilichimp posted:

For a 3rd? WTF?

Is he done, or something? I thought he was the truth.

He's a situational pass rusher because he's an absolute liability against the run. But as a pass rusher he's still very very much the truth. It's why you'd pay a 3rd rounder for 2 seasons of top tier pass rush ability.

And if there's anything you should have taken from that Tom Brady is a Cheater thread it's that PFZ by no means speaks for the Dolfans in this forum.

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde

Athanatos posted:

Scuttlebutt around Indy is that Luck is playing injured. There is a dumb twitter shot of Hassleback tapping him on the chest and Luck recoiling and people are using that as proof. He hasn't shown anything in game that says injured and seems just to be forcing more poo poo because his line gives him 0 time to go through reads.

Hmm yes recoiling from the touch of an actual vampire must mean that he's injured.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

AAA DOLFAN posted:

He's a situational pass rusher because he's an absolute liability against the run. But as a pass rusher he's still very very much the truth. It's why you'd pay a 3rd rounder for 2 seasons of top tier pass rush ability.

Somehow I feel that we wouldn't even make this trade. What we need is a replacement for Paul Worrilow, who is a liability all by himself in the middle.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ehud posted:

PFZ, chill out bro

edit: lol if you haven't typed out tannehill enough that your phone just goes "well he typed t so i'll fill in the annehill for him"

I'm chill. That was supposed to be funny. My phone changes Tannehill to Tanned Hill every time, so I hate writing it. Also, it makes me angry to write his stupid name. Philbin too.

EDIT: I should say, that I discuss sports in this forum like I do with my rear end in a top hat friends, so if I come across like I'm slapping you it's probably just my lovely personality and not your opinion/post.

PantsFreeZone fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Sep 29, 2015

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Pickles only threw three times on first down.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

PantsFreeZone posted:

I'm chill. That was supposed to be funny. My phone changes Tannehill to Tanned Hill every time, so I hate writing it. Also, it makes me angry to write his stupid name. Philbin too.

EDIT: I should say, that I discuss sports in this forum like I do with my rear end in a top hat friends, so if I come across like I'm slapping you it's probably just my lovely personality and not your opinion/post.

CHILL OUT DUDE JEEZ

I just do an experiment on my phone for fun:

I have to type tanne and it does the rest

I wish I could see stats of how many times I've typed certain things on my phone.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Ehud posted:

PFZ, chill out bro

Just going by autocompletes after Tannehill my phone goes to "lmao" "sucks" and "isn't"

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

NC-17 posted:

Pickles only threw three times on first down.

Is that strange? They only had like 9 possessions.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

That Works posted:

Just going by autocompletes after Tannehill my phone goes to "lmao" "sucks" and "isn't"

Mine suggests "mediocre" and "$96 million" right after I type out Tannehill. That's hilarious.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

TubeStank posted:

PFF is decent for blockers and dline players but kinda crap everywhere else.

Its all made up bullshit put together by dweebs who never played the game and anyone who gives them any credibility is gullible at best

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

sean10mm posted:

They can at least recognize that a 5 TD game is "good" using their magic black-box system, so there's that at least. :effort:

AdvancedFootballAnalytics was doing the best work, but Burke got picked up by ESPN and now they're defunct, which blows

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
It took a solid year for my phone to stop auto-correcting Bortles into Bottles.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

JT Jag posted:

It took a solid year for my phone to stop auto-correcting Bortles into Bottles.

Through updates and what not I've had the same basic iphone data since the first one came out.

It still thinks i mean to type "duck that"

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

lol

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Bring on the Sanchize.

@OptimumScouting
Reviewed Bradford's game vs NYJ. Decisions/timing were bad, but overall ball placement far worse. Such a stark difference from training camp

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

this sounds familiar...

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Parmesan Basil posted:

this sounds familiar...

Kaepernick for Alex Smith straight up who says no

Catfish Stevens
Jul 9, 2001

WHO DAT? Who gives a damn?

Athanatos posted:

Is he still congratulating defensive players after they knock him down?

Nov 6, 2002

Catfish Stevens posted:

Is he still congratulating defensive players after they knock him down?

He was but started to lose his voice.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

NC-17 posted:

lol

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
"I can build a line for this generational QB out of retreads and UDFAs. If he can run, that's good enough." -Ryan Grigson

edit: I guess only one starter was undrafted, but aside from Castonzo they're all real bad.

Catfish Stevens
Jul 9, 2001

WHO DAT? Who gives a damn?

NC-17 posted:

:golfclap:

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Ozu posted:

Bring on the Sanchize.

@OptimumScouting
Reviewed Bradford's game vs NYJ. Decisions/timing were bad, but overall ball placement far worse. Such a stark difference from training camp

His numbers would've been a lot better without some huge drops. But I agree, his accuracy was really poor on quite a few throws under no pressure and in perfect conditions. Not sure what's up with him but I haven't been impressed after hearing how he looked like the league MVP in preseason.

Nov 6, 2002

Sam Bradford was always mediocre. On top of that he seems like a terrible fit for the kind of offense Chip Kelly wants to run.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

NC-17 posted:

Sam Bradford was always mediocre. On top of that he seems like a terrible fit for the kind of offense Chip Kelly wants to run.

Foles had a Bradyesque 40 time and still ran the QB keeper better.

Also Bradford was never actually good at anything anyway.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Athanatos posted:

He's probably really banged up. Don't think he's injured though. I think it might be people looking for excuses for some of his play this year.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Let's revisit summer's hottest debate: Tannehill or Dalton

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Atticus Finch posted:

Tannehill imo

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
For me right now it's a push with the edge to Tanny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Atticus Finch posted:

imagine Andy Dalton playing behind the Dolphins' offensive line and trying to pass basically every down lol

• Locked thread