Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

KoldPT posted:

Guess which lovely online retailer is resorting to cheap marketing tactics?

https://www.direct2drive.com/#!/pc

KoldPT posted:

they're edge masters

ShadowMar posted:

looks like direct2drive's next sale got leaked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Ozz81 posted:

Yay, I'm at the ER for some pretty bad abdominal pain, haven't been able to keep food down almost 24 hours & fever of 101. No idea what it is yet, no appendicitis (had it removed 20 years ago), no hernia, getting a CT scan soon to see what the hell is going on. Can't tell if its a bug, food poisoning from the pizza I ate last night or something else. Wish me luck on not having to get my guts invaded :(

Shnooks posted:

Did you eat some underwear because usually that's what happens with my patients

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

It's probably the debilitating depression talking but I can't imagine being that excited about something I achieved myself, to say nothing about feeling that way about something someone else does

Cpt.Sean Luc Picard posted:

Yes, yes it is. I've been there. Thankfully I was able to get through it. Trust me. 19 to 31. You're probably unable to understand other people expressing joy because you're unable to express it in yourself. Thoughts of suicide, that no one will miss you when you're dead, that you're no good, that you deserve death, that nothing matters. Well, that last part is true at least.

Do whatever you want. You're going to anyways. One day once you're long dead the sun will explode and envelope our solar system and destroy everything unless we can get off this poo poo pebble of a planet and travel the stars. And even then I doubt our future people will dig up every grave on earth and take us with them. So unless you write a terrific book or make an awesome movie or impact humanity in some great way be prepared to be forgotten. Murder prostitutes. Get pegged or cucked. Climb some dumb mountain. Be in a band and gently caress a bunch of chicks. It really doesn't matter.

Learn to lose your ego. Learn to quit caring what people think of you. Learn to care about what you think about yourself. Know that there is always someone better. Improve yourself as you see need fit. Everything takes time. Don't give up on something because you can't master it the first time you try or the 100th time you try. Don't expect to ever get swole like most pictures that get posted in this thread. You pretty much have to be crazy to get super ripped. Retarded dedication. Someone who can see small victories along the way, every day, like some retard who's like Rainman.

Teach yourself cognitive behavioral therapy. Learn to understand how you act around people and how you perceive them and how you think. Depression tends to come with anxiety. Learn to notice when your foot starts bouncing during a sit down conversation. Learn to notice other people doing it during conversations. Think about why your foot is bouncing. It is because you're afraid of screwing up the conversation in one way or another. Then realize that is why the other person bounce their foot. Once you notice this and realize it, on both sides, you'll understand and the needing to bounce your foot will lessen. Learn to realize when you're thinking negatively and stop it. Whatever it takes. Think 'uh oh it's going south again' and then think about something positive that happened in your life. Rewire your brain, yourself.

We are star dust. Don't worry. Everything is going to be ok. Unless you're like walking down a dark alley and some dude pulls a gun and starts to demand your wallet. At that point you hosed up and you should expect to be shot a few times no matter what you do. What were you thinking, walking down a dark alley without a legally registered concealed handgun? And even then, unless your name is Travis Bickle, you don't have the gun on some sort of rail rack that slings a gun that's under your jacket from your forearm to hand for quick and easy shooting. Even then you already took a round to the neck and even if you survive you probably don't have that thing legally registered so you're going to prison anyways.

Look for weakness in other people and tell yourself that you can do better than them. It worked for me. I intimidate my boss because I'm so calm all of the time. It freaks him out because he's used to intimidating others. They say to imagine everyone in their underwear - I imagine what people would look like as if I.S.I.S. was cutting their heads off. Not that I want to do that to them, but just to remind myself that I am human and vulnerable just like everyone else.

Girls love pecs btw.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Egbert Souse posted:

Oh god what have I done :stare:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW6BJSgQkQI

This is why you don't trust a thumbnail on how a render will look for animation.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Explain this one to me?

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Subjunctive posted:

Explain this one to me?

There's a lot of backstory to this. The short version is Benny came to E/N and was a nightmare case, all but a lost cause with an infamous thread, then disappeared [into myth and legend].

He then shows up in Blue Story's nightmare E/N thread outta nowhere with his success story.

E: A "source" https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Benny_the_Snake
E2: The quote was truncated; click through for the full
E3: This isn't a 'funny' quote, I guess you could call it a 'SA Lore' quote, like a yeti sighting

Evilreaver has a new favorite as of 08:30 on Sep 30, 2015

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Cpt.Sean Luc Picard posted:

Yes, yes it is. I've been there. Thankfully I was able to get through it. Trust me. 19 to 31. You're probably unable to understand other people expressing joy because you're unable to express it in yourself. Thoughts of suicide, that no one will miss you when you're dead, that you're no good, that you deserve death, that nothing matters. Well, that last part is true at least.

Do whatever you want. You're going to anyways. One day once you're long dead the sun will explode and envelope our solar system and destroy everything unless we can get off this poo poo pebble of a planet and travel the stars. And even then I doubt our future people will dig up every grave on earth and take us with them. So unless you write a terrific book or make an awesome movie or impact humanity in some great way be prepared to be forgotten. Murder prostitutes. Get pegged or cucked. Climb some dumb mountain. Be in a band and gently caress a bunch of chicks. It really doesn't matter.

Learn to lose your ego. Learn to quit caring what people think of you. Learn to care about what you think about yourself. Know that there is always someone better. Improve yourself as you see need fit. Everything takes time. Don't give up on something because you can't master it the first time you try or the 100th time you try. Don't expect to ever get swole like most pictures that get posted in this thread. You pretty much have to be crazy to get super ripped. Retarded dedication. Someone who can see small victories along the way, every day, like some retard who's like Rainman.

Teach yourself cognitive behavioral therapy. Learn to understand how you act around people and how you perceive them and how you think. Depression tends to come with anxiety. Learn to notice when your foot starts bouncing during a sit down conversation. Learn to notice other people doing it during conversations. Think about why your foot is bouncing. It is because you're afraid of screwing up the conversation in one way or another. Then realize that is why the other person bounce their foot. Once you notice this and realize it, on both sides, you'll understand and the needing to bounce your foot will lessen. Learn to realize when you're thinking negatively and stop it. Whatever it takes. Think 'uh oh it's going south again' and then think about something positive that happened in your life. Rewire your brain, yourself.

We are star dust. Don't worry. Everything is going to be ok. Unless you're like walking down a dark alley and some dude pulls a gun and starts to demand your wallet. At that point you hosed up and you should expect to be shot a few times no matter what you do. What were you thinking, walking down a dark alley without a legally registered concealed handgun? And even then, unless your name is Travis Bickle, you don't have the gun on some sort of rail rack that slings a gun that's under your jacket from your forearm to hand for quick and easy shooting. Even then you already took a round to the neck and even if you survive you probably don't have that thing legally registered so you're going to prison anyways.

Look for weakness in other people and tell yourself that you can do better than them. It worked for me. I intimidate my boss because I'm so calm all of the time. It freaks him out because he's used to intimidating others. They say to imagine everyone in their underwear - I imagine what people would look like as if I.S.I.S. was cutting their heads off. Not that I want to do that to them, but just to remind myself that I am human and vulnerable just like everyone else.

Girls love pecs btw.

may I have my cheeseburger combo now please

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Grey Fox posted:

Schrödinger's Merch: dumb and amazing at the same time

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan™ Mr. Spock and Captain Kirk The Needs of the Many Ornament

http://shop.hallmark.com/ornaments/...995QXI2587.html

Instant Sunrise posted:

i get the context for spock to be wearing that huge oven mitt, but drat if it doesn't look ridiculous

davidspackage posted:

Break Spock off that ornament and get a Barbie kitchen set, and you turn tragedy into Spock making Christmas dinner.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Snake?

SNAKE!?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!! :dance:

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib
Context unnecessary.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Just man up and get a nice suit. You'll need a ring too, normally 3 months salary or whatever. You're in school so you're probably broke as gently caress, so just use a few months of your loan or aid money. Get down on your knee in front of her and ask her to marry you. When she says no, say good. It was just a joke, let's go for coffee. If for some reason she says yes, get engaged I guess.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

tumor looking batty posted:

i can see her pussy..

hugepeeler posted:

turn your monitor on

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

:vince:

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006

Care to enlighten an idiot about what the :iceburn: here is?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

wyntyr posted:

Seeing pussy in reflection from monitor, by the look of it.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

"PC Reflection" jokes will have a hard time topping this one:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

wyntyr posted:

Jfc

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

wyntyr posted:

Turn your monitor off

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

mind the walrus posted:

"PC Reflection" jokes will have a hard time topping this one:

I love this.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Paladinus posted:

9/11 was an inside job is an inside joke.

(someone make a comic about this, I'm too lazy)

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica
man, loss.jpg edits just get weirder and weirder...

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Greatbacon posted:

man, loss.jpg edits just get weirder and weirder...

It's harder on the creator than the reader to keep making funny ones.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Evilreaver posted:

Raping a garbage disposal is a mistake you only make once

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Lady Naga posted:

Really of all the films to do posters for, they chose one of the best and most iconic ones out there.

Eagerly awaiting Mondo's Godfather poster designs.

oddium posted:

i got a sneak peek, but you have to promise that this won't leave this thread:

Allen Wren posted:

clearly that's an early sketch, where's the eyesearing colors?

e: oh here they are

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
poo poo is going nuclear and many posts have been made

background:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/features/14715-CIG-Employees-Talk-Star-Citizen-and-the-State-of-the-Company
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14979-Chairmans-Response-To-The-Escapist

Adventure Pigeon posted:

"Hmmm... how do I calm the agitated masses and restore dignity to my game in this time of trouble"

*begins to type out the word 'Gamergate'*

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

That's lots of words about internet drama and western video game Mavrodi. Could you write a tl;dr of sorts?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

kalstrams posted:

That's lots of words about internet drama and western video game Mavrodi. Could you write a tl;dr of sorts?

I can't. I really can't. No one can.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

kalstrams posted:

Star Citizen and The Escapist are both terrible, now they are fighting. Bad editorial policy is running into bad PR choices and it is a giant mess where everybody involved is going to end up covered in poo poo.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
tbh i haven't read any of that but sources close to the relevant parties tell me it's legit and cool

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Star Citizen is the best game that doesn't exist, but some people want to spoil the fun.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Heresiarch posted:

Star Citizen and The Escapist are both terrible, now they are fighting. Bad editorial policy is running into bad PR choices and it is a giant mess where everybody involved is going to end up covered in poo poo.
I see. Star Citizen is a gift that keeps giving.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

kalstrams posted:

It really is.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
From what I can tell Star Citizen is basically a cult except with no chance of getting laid or the merciful exit of mass suicide? Not even black nikes

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

this poo poo doesn't make any sense to anybody who doesn't spend an hour a day masturbating to the Jurassic Park poster

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

kalstrams posted:

Star Citizen is what you keep giving gifts to.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

simplefish posted:

you're thinking of cold sores which is herpes but not the sex herpes, it's the grandma kiss herpes

of course you can still get the grandma kiss herpes on your sexy bits if you're a loving idiot (or really like granny blowjobs idk)

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Laserjet 4P posted:

Star Citizen is what you keep giving gifts to.
Jokes on you, I sold my preorder at double the original price as soon as I felt the wind.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Make the space ships game chris roberts

Chris roberst make the space ships game

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Alaois posted:

this poo poo doesn't make any sense to anybody who doesn't spend an hour a day masturbating to the Jurassic Park poster

Nah that doesn't make sense to me either.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Alaois posted:

What poster? What are you even talking about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

TheFallenEvincar posted:

From what I can tell Star Citizen is basically a cult except with no chance of getting laid or the merciful exit of mass suicide? Not even black nikes

It's like Bitcoin... But without the bitcoin!

• Locked thread