Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

I do better on OkC than on Tinder. I've even set up dates that have been cancelled or that I've been stood up on. I haven't had a match on Tinder that's not a bot in a month. I do get matched with about 3 cam-bots a day, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Lufiron posted:

it's a faux pas that shows a lack of self control

much like making GBS threads and pissing all over yourself instead of holding it til you get to a toilet

A lot of oppression going on itt.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Monstrous Dooklord posted:

how can people still use this site with tinder around? there's no way it's anything like it was 3-4 years ago

tinder people are way way way flakier ime, i mean yeah thats the whole point but it gets tiresome

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Lufiron posted:

you love owls? what a coincidence I love hooters

alley oop!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Lufiron posted:

it's a faux pas that shows a lack of self control

much like making GBS threads and pissing all over yourself instead of holding it til you get to a toilet

these are not comparable at all.

do they expect ya to just pinch the head until it goes down or something.

how can people still use this site with tinder around? there's no way it's anything like it was 3-4 years ago

i had a girl chat with me on bumble then stop (in july). she just matched with me on tinder like two days ago. tinder blows.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I've had a few tinder folks flake but eh that's just dating... it's also lead to good times. Would recommend.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Groovelord Neato posted:

these are not comparable at all.

do they expect ya to just pinch the head until it goes down or something.

I think they normally recommend you wear a towel until it goes away.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

If women can breastfeed in public, then I should be able to walk around with an erection without being shamed by a bunch of pearl clutching assholes who act like they've never seen a penis before. There's nothing unnatural or obscene about an erect cock. It's part of life.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
I'm stunned that Tinder doesn't have an option to pay to see who's swiped right on your profile.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

cyberia posted:

I think they normally recommend you wear a towel until it goes away.

man they got towels at a nudist place? that's lame

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Jubs posted:

I'm stunned that Tinder doesn't have an option to pay to see who's swiped right on your profile.

They should make a list of everyone that swiped left on you and make you pay to remove it

That is how you make the real bucks

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

paco650 posted:

If women can breastfeed in public, then I should be able to walk around with an erection without being shamed by a bunch of pearl clutching assholes who act like they've never seen a penis before. There's nothing unnatural or obscene about an erect cock. It's part of life.

in fact, you'll notice the phallus is incorporated into practically every man-made artifact in some way shape or form

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

thathonkey posted:

in fact, you'll notice the phallus is incorporated into practically every man-made artifact in some way shape or form

The history of mankind is the history of inventing bigger, harder, more visible, more shootier cocks. And if you haven't gotten used to it by now, well...

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

paco650 posted:

The history of mankind is the history of inventing bigger, harder, more visible, more shootier cocks. And if you haven't gotten used to it by now, well...

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the penis is evil the gun is good.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

quote:

My self-summary
intp

tfw wen u chilin with shawty n they cute but they aren't contributing to hte discourse an their praxis is out of date n sexist/racist/ableist.

What I知 doing with my life
working a job i loathe.

consistently disappointing others with my poor decisions and lack of motivation.

drinking a lot of liquor.

trying to understand affect theory.

not putting effort into describing the mundanities of my day to day.

I知 really good at
eating, breathing, waiting patiently, providing semi-pseudo-intellectual conversation, crying while eating/reading/walking/stagnating.

substance abuse

The first things people usually notice about me
i don't exist.

Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food
Authors:
Dostoyevsky, Berlant, Federici, Alleg, Solzhenitsyn, Camus, Badiou, Foucault, Ahmed, Sartre, Celine, Turgenev, invisible committee stuff.

Music:
True Widow, Grouper, Dystopia, teen suicide, Philip Glass, Boris, Giles Corey, Have A Nice Life, Richard Hell, The Pixies, Psychic TV, Swans, Sunn O))), My Bloody Valentine, Alcest, Loma Prieta, Godspeed You! Black Emperor.

Animu:
eva
flcl
lucky star
samurai pizza cats

The six things I could never do without
plants because i enjoy looking at them, writing utensils because i like writing things, pizza because i eat it a lot, alcohol just because, those horrendously awkward moments that always occur between myself and servers at eating establishments that result in me vomiting due to severe social anxiety because i thrive on self-pity/disgust, and music because iTz mY LiFe.

I spend a lot of time thinking about
i try not to think a lot

On a typical Friday night I am
drunk. holed up in a bar or my room now that the weather has turned for the worst.

The most private thing I知 willing to admit
not ready 2 b a real person yet. am scared of p much everything.

You should message me if
if you want 2 be friends because i need more of those things

u rnt a cop

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

quote:

My self-summary
Into the devil and pro wrestling

????????

I知 really good at
sinning and hedonism

RiFF RAFF, wrestling, water world, chips and dip

VERSACE VERSACE

awaiting death's sweet embrace

You should message me if
you wanna buy me some crocs

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

I'm the clown faced dude playing with a cat

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Love the faux inclusiveness followed by a list of the whitest of dead white scholars.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

demonfreak666 posted:

My self-summary
welcome2mollyworld

leaving

tommy wright III

emotional detachment

editing my will

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

If you can't handle me at my manatee you don't deserve me at my dolphin.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Hit it before she quits it

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i wish cougarlife wasn't all fake profiles because i wanna rail some hot cougs.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Hit it before she quits it

me: "miss thing i am worried about u"

her: "i want to dieeeeeeeee"

me: "maybe take a lithium or have a pepsi" <--- molly soda impersonating vaporwave sad girls love pepsi

her: "i hate my life"

me: "ok good luck friend"

yeah something like that probably slightly more boring

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Groovelord Neato posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

vyst posted:

If you can't handle me at my manatee you don't deserve me at my dolphin.

General Bullshit > okcupid.txt: If you can't handle me at my manatee you don't deserve me at my dolphin.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Groovelord Neato posted:

Boy do I have a movie for you!: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passion_in_the_Desert

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

They should make a list of everyone that swiped left on you and make you pay to remove it

That is how you make the real bucks

Actually, I think changing your photo and bio will show you again to those that previously left swiped you.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Jubs posted:

Actually, I think changing your photo and bio will show you again to those that previously left swiped you.

Not even that sometimes; I sometimes get the exact same profile from someone, even people who unmatched me.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

i was going to say "some of us are windows phone users" but it turns out there's a windows phone tinder app. hmmmmm...

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Tinder isn't for dating though...

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

notZaar posted:

I know people that found long term relationships through grindr, anything is possible

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Wow, gross, please make a separate thread to talk about fetlife and grindr and all that nasty poo poo.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

notZaar posted:

tell that to all the stupid women on there who aren't looking for hook ups. WTF ladies?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

notZaar posted:

It is now.
Tinder is actually pretty garbage even in major metropolitan areas now. Between the ads, people setting up their own "profiles for networking," bots, and folks using it to find Mr./Ms. Right and not settling for a fun date.
Plus you can't even use the "Just swipe right on everything" mode anymore.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

It amazes me how many people dive into online dating with the explicit intent of finding Mr./Mrs. Right, because it is an insane prospect because it makes for astronomical requirements for even one date.

"Yeah he is a 9/10 in looks and personality but I don't know he just doesn't like Gilmore Girls as much as I do, skip"

Thank god I got out of it before tinder became a thing

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

Coolness Averted posted:

It is now.
Tinder is actually pretty garbage even in major metropolitan areas now. Between the ads, people setting up their own "profiles for networking," bots, and folks using it to find Mr./Ms. Right and not settling for a fun date.
Plus you can't even use the "Just swipe right on everything" mode anymore.

So how is a 30 year old socially retarded goon supposed to creep women out in this post-tinder world?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

fordham posted:

So how is a 30 year old socially retarded goon supposed to creep women out in this post-tinder world?

Uh did trench coat flashing stop being a thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

fordham posted:

Just stand around in the same room as them.

• Locked thread