Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Is that Epic Fetus + Loki's Horns + Ludovico Technique? :stwoon:

I think its epic fetus, sad bombs, loki's horns, ludo, moms knife
:stwoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
I don't think Ludo's involved there at all

That's how epic fetus always worked

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Yeah, that's the combination of Tiny Planet and Sad Bombs that creates that storm of bullets from bombs.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Edmund has confirmed that Afterbirth won't be on PS4/Vita 'until the end of the year'. Balls. :(

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I downloaded "God Mode" which is interesting but I don't always want to play using that. But I can't find a feature to turn it off. Do I have to get rid of the mod altogether to do this or something?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Kawalimus posted:

I downloaded "God Mode" which is interesting but I don't always want to play using that. But I can't find a feature to turn it off. Do I have to get rid of the mod altogether to do this or something?

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Binding of Isaac Rebirth\resources and take out everything except the folder called "packed". When you want to play godmode again, just put them back in. If you have any interest in modding steam games then I highly recommend you create a shortcut to your "common" folder.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Is that Epic Fetus + Loki's Horns + Ludovico Technique? :stwoon:

Uh dude that's Epic Fetus plus Loki's Horns plus Ludovico Technique PLUS Sad Bombs PLUS Mom's Knife

:magical:

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
Mutant Spider Tech with Spoon Bender and Rubber Cement looks rad af

Hopefully Tech(and 2) damage is getting rebalanced cause I loved those items in flash Isaac but never take them in Rebirth cause they're so bad.

0.5 owns though and is always taken when it shows up.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

BreakAtmo posted:

Edmund has confirmed that Afterbirth won't be on PS4/Vita 'until the end of the year'. Balls. :(

That actually works for me if they keep the preorder discount up

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ariong posted:

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Binding of Isaac Rebirth\resources and take out everything except the folder called "packed". When you want to play godmode again, just put them back in. If you have any interest in modding steam games then I highly recommend you create a shortcut to your "common" folder.

Worked great, thank you!

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
What I do is I have a folder for each mod I play in the Resources folder and just drag the files into their respective folder when I want to remove them. As long as the files are not directly in the Resources directory then they won't run.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

That actually works for me if they keep the preorder discount up

He also confirmed there will be no PS4/Vita pre-orders.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

edit: NEVERMIND. I am not a good one with these computers.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Oct 2, 2015

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

So Tyrone has been streaming Afterbirth a few times this week, lots of new things have been revealed among them are.

- Devil rooms can contain enemy fights now
- Alt bosses for Dingle, Polyphemus, and the haunt
- Gold hearts that when depleted give you money
- pill effects that make you not pick up money sometimes
- and those ghost enemies that disperse and appear again to shoot now have a brimstone alt :shepicide:

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
I dunno. That last variant sounds easier than the base version that shoots a random spread of bullets. Unless it's homing brimstone, it will literally only shoot in the direction it's facing when it reappears. Easy enough to dodge.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
If it keeps them from moving for as long as, say, Vis's brimstone shot, that's actually an improvement over the normal wizrobe ghosts.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

Pixeltendo posted:

- Devil rooms can contain enemy fights now

Does an item spawn after, then? Because if not then that's yet another way you can just randomly get hosed out of a proper Devil room.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
TBH, as important as Devil Deals are to a successful run, Devil rooms could use a bit of a nerf to try and make Angel rooms more enticing.

I'm still on the fence about starting a fresh save for the expansion. On one hand I feel like a fresh save lets you really experience changes but on the other hand, gently caress doing Lost stuff again.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Don't nerf devil rooms, just make angel rooms not suck complete rear end 90% of the time.

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here

Jibo posted:

I'm still on the fence about starting a fresh save for the expansion. On one hand I feel like a fresh save lets you really experience changes but on the other hand, gently caress doing Lost stuff again.

Start a new save file and once you hit some arbitrary goal you set for yourself cheat engine the lost unlocks.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

No sense making a decision now. Wait for release day and then give it a shot.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Atomicated posted:

Start a new save file and once you hit some arbitrary goal you set for yourself cheat engine the lost unlocks.

This is most likely what I'll end up doing. Or maybe I'll just mod it to have him start with Holy Mantle. It's really not so bad once you have that.

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Well gently caress you lucky assholes, I'm on PS4 and I've just managed to do The Lost apart from the Boss Rush (which I am not looking forward to). I'd love to 100% this, but loving hell, I can't even use the Dead Cat? Two hits and out. Anyone got any good advice?

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
The only time I've managed to beat the Boss Rush as The Lost was with holy mantle, overwhelming firepower, and an alternate form carrion queen that didn't leave red poop laying around. Good luck!

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Yeah when it comes to Lost Boss Rush you have pretty much two options, game breakingly powerful damage capable of oneshotting the bosses or Gnawed Leaf and patience.

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot
After an incalculable amount of attempts, finally beat the Dark Room as the Lost. Only the godamn Boss Rush left (lost too much time with a floor that got Forget Me Not-ted into a 5 Pip Die)

Oh god

tRIDAV
Jul 10, 2001

Oh, cruel fates, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee.

Can I just do another round of Lost achievements instead of building Meat Boy? poo poo would be less frustrating. gently caress Utero.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

tRIDAV posted:

Can I just do another round of Lost achievements instead of building Meat Boy? poo poo would be less frustrating. gently caress Utero.

When you're grinding out meat boy/bandage girl, don't forget to keep an eye out for an infinite monster manuel combo. That's how I finally got them.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Keep restarting until you get the book of Revelation as your first item if you aren't doing that already.

tRIDAV
Jul 10, 2001

Oh, cruel fates, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee.

VDay posted:

Keep restarting until you get the book of Revelation as your first item if you aren't doing that already.

I've been doing that clearing the first 2 floors over and over. If I get some infinite-breaking items or a book I do the run, otherwise I restart. Over the past week, I've gotten the white fucker who drops a horse three times and another time I got a double trouble boss so it negates the book's effect.

froward
Jun 2, 2014

by Azathoth
would you believe i got meat girl by accident in my first ten hours of play, before i tried to 100%?

tRIDAV
Jul 10, 2001

froward posted:

would you believe i got meat girl by accident in my first ten hours of play, before i tried to 100%?

I'm just paying the debt I accumulated by getting Skeleton Key, 1-Up, Transcendence and Sacred Heart in my first 10 hours I guess.

As far as the items I have to pick up still, I think it's a couple of the shop items and some of the random God Room items.

Still hating Meat Boy. I think I am going to open the game and just run him into saws all night using some rubber bands and a drinky bird so I can feel better.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

froward posted:

Yeah, it's an entirely random thing. It's possible to get on your first run after unlocking the horsemen.

Just incredibly unlikely.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

senae posted:

Yeah, it's an entirely random thing. It's possible to get on your first run after unlocking the horsemen.

Just incredibly unlikely.

I've actually heard that more people have gotten the achievement/trophy for beating the game as The Lost than the Meat Boy/Bandage Girl one.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

BreakAtmo posted:

I've actually heard that more people have gotten the achievement/trophy for beating the game as The Lost than the Meat Boy/Bandage Girl one.

Not quite. It's fairly close though

Just had the funniest Death's Touch run for a while: Sacred Heart, Scythes, Proptosis, Crickets Body, Crickets Head, Polythemus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ttttrv7MPNU&hd=1

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

You know what would be awesome? An item donation machine that works like the coin one in shops so you can save excess bombs and keys for runs that hate you. I hate it when I go several floors without being able to open a treasure room at all.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Am I supposed to be playing on hard? I beat this game once, but I never found boss rushes or anything. I have no idea what people are talking about in this thread but i totally beat this game once!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nevvy Z posted:

Am I supposed to be playing on hard? I beat this game once, but I never found boss rushes or anything. I have no idea what people are talking about in this thread but i totally beat this game once!

The game unlocks new content the more you play it. If you're finished it once you've not even unlocked all the areas in the game.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

If you "beat this game once" as in you beat Mom with her stompy foot, you technically haven't beaten the game once. The true final zone gets unlocked after that first fight. After you beat that final zone 10 times, you permanently unlock the two other final zones, which you play through 6 times each to unlock an item that Mom always drops when killed (1 item for each of the two final zones) to unlock the FINAL final zones. Which has a very large door that can't be opened to fight the TRUE FINAL BOSS until you fight two secret optional bosses found only in bonus rooms that rarely appear after killing bosses.

Also, the boss rush only appears if you beat Mom in less than 20 minutes :getin:

e: by my rough calculations, it takes 23 wins in order to unlock all areas permanently if you don't get a bonus door that lets you progress further than you would normally be allowed to

bawk fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Oct 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The Binding of Isaac Progression Story:

"drat, this game is hard, it's gonna take me a few attempts to beat that last boss."

"Yay, I did it! I beat the gam...oh what the gently caress there's MORE HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO WIN THIS"

x100