Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

alg posted:

Press F

Speaking of, ever since KF1 I've wished that each perk got at least 1 weapon with a flashlight that wasn't the 9mm. At this point they might as well give every perk that doesn't have flashlights on their perk weapons Night Vision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

alg posted:

Press F

Doesn't last long enough.

That catacombs map is to goddam dark once the sirens blow up all the lights.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Crashbee posted:

I don't really like the destructible lighting system, trying to shoot things in the dark is no fun.

Someone posted a shot of RO2 muzzle flashes that are seem absurd to what you see in KF2, I want those in KF2.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Drakes posted:

Someone posted a shot of RO2 muzzle flashes that are seem absurd to what you see in KF2, I want those in KF2.

Link?

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
If more T3/T4 weapons had flashlights it'd be less of a deal, but for my usual loadout "push f" involves pulling out a 9mm, and no thanks.

Wasn't there a gun which had a flashlight either on the model or in the description text and rather than add the light they just cut the text? SCAR, I want to say?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Psion posted:

If more T3/T4 weapons had flashlights it'd be less of a deal, but for my usual loadout "push f" involves pulling out a 9mm, and no thanks.

Wasn't there a gun which had a flashlight either on the model or in the description text and rather than add the light they just cut the text? SCAR, I want to say?

SCAR and AA-12.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Considering that the flashlight isn't unlimited I really don't see the harm in just putting a light on anything you can. gently caress it put a light on everything, light on the Pulverizer motherfuckers.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

It's really cool to me that there are maps that are dark as gently caress this time around. Putting a flashlight on stuff like the firebug shotgun would be awesome though.

Vvv: yup i wish flames had better lighting

alg fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Oct 6, 2015

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

alg posted:

It's really cool to me that there are maps that are dark as gently caress this time around. Putting a flashlight on stuff like the firebug shotgun would be awesome though.

The firebug is a living flashlight.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy

alg posted:

Vvv: yup i wish flames had better lighting

Bedlam from KF1 was pretty dark.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Skoll posted:

SCAR and AA-12.

yeah what the hell then, deliberately taking lights off two classes' tier 4 weapons smells pretty strongly like "intentional decision" but it seems intentionally bad to me. KF2 isn't Resident Evil or whatever fumble around in the dark horror franchise, it's have fun with your friends blowing up zeds. I don't get it.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Skoll posted:

The firebug is a living flashlight.

The weird thing is that the firebug acts as a flashlight for everyone but himself. The caulk and flamethower don't seem to create that much actual illumination for the user. For other people it's great though.

I do think that the burning zeds should create a little more illumination though. If only for the moment when they all go out and it goes dark again (because the FP or Scrake murdered the Bug)

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Alkydere posted:

I do think that the burning zeds should create a little more illumination though. If only for the moment when they all go out and it goes dark again (because the FP or Scrake murdered the Bug)

I think the reason it doesn't is because some peoples' rigs might melt.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Crashbee posted:

I don't really like the destructible lighting system, trying to shoot things in the dark is no fun.

That seems almost like an intentional mechanic to encourage your team to not just hold out in the same area for every round.

Both darkness and welding seem like neglected mechanics. One change I'd like to see is the firebug's Flaretov Cocktail perk made useful; have the flare light up an area for a significant amount of time. I would only take it for certain maps, but it would at least see some use.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
How do people work with support in suicidal/HoE?

I find running with shotguns kinda rough with the amount of trash and not enough shots to go around. So I use the medic pistol out most of the time instead of shotgunning anything. Been messing with the nailgun too and its pretty awesome between low ammo cost and penetration rounds, but its heavy as poo poo so you can only roll with the hunting shotgun. Kinda wished support got off-perk damage or quicker weapon swap as part of the kit.

I'm pretty sure it was posted here but buried behind 50 pages or so :v:.

Its not too hard to picture honestly since theres virtually no muzzle flashes going on in KF2.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
I'm only at the suicidal level right now, and I run mainly pump and hunting shotgun with the healing pistol. Then aa12, hunting and healing. The low ammo kinda sucks but meh. I feel like most classes right now are, carry healing and wait for the right moment of big groups of trash or a big fucker.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

The most common Support loadouts I use are medpistol / hunting / AA12, use the hunting shotgun for groups of everything and the AA for scrakes and pounds OR take the weight perk and carry a pump, hunting, and AA12. that should be enough ammo to keep you going. If you aren't playing with assholes, they'll reload off you from Supplier and give you priority on grabbing ammo boxes to help you stay in the fight in later waves.

The main downside to pump/hunting/AA12 with the weight perk is three weapon switching is annoying. I wish I could bind specific guns to specific keys, like, push 1 and get a pump, push 2 and get a hunting, 3 and get an AA12, 4 and a medpistol or whatever. bind it in the trader or in a menu or something.

this is also really bad when you're demo and trying to juggle a bunch of poo poo and it's zed time and you gotta detonate that C4 and how many times do you push 1 and uifghfgduhdfguhfdg. Or if you have the grenade pistol and a medpistol to try and contribute to the team, well, you have three pistols now, enjoy switching between those.

bluetail
Jul 8, 2012
no, i don't want no pubs
a pub is a guy who can't get no dosh from me

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Custom map Zed Island is good. Hans instant melee you lose attack is still poo poo. Really hope that gets tuned a bit next patch.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Psion posted:

The main downside to pump/hunting/AA12 with the weight perk is three weapon switching is annoying. I wish I could bind specific guns to specific keys, like, push 1 and get a pump, push 2 and get a hunting, 3 and get an AA12, 4 and a medpistol or whatever. bind it in the trader or in a menu or something.

this is also really bad when you're demo and trying to juggle a bunch of poo poo and it's zed time and you gotta detonate that C4 and how many times do you push 1 and uifghfgduhdfguhfdg. Or if you have the grenade pistol and a medpistol to try and contribute to the team, well, you have three pistols now, enjoy switching between those.

Yeah I'm trying to level demo right now and it's a pain if I want all 3 pistols, especially with how often the grenade pistol has to reload you're constantly trying to switch between that and the other two pistols.

Heck, even a last weapon quickswitch button would go a long way to making things less of a pain.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy

Inside Out Mom posted:

Custom map Zed Island is good. Hans instant melee you lose attack is still poo poo. Really hope that gets tuned a bit next patch.

:agreed: on both counts.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Just played catacombs for the first time and we all got lost on wave 9. Actually a great shake up though since we had to fight on the go doing loops and on random staircases. For Hans round we all bought rocket launchers and threw them on the ground for the demo while staying in that small circular tomb section. Hilarity ensues as we destroyed each pahse almost instantly.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Away all Goats posted:

Heck, even a last weapon quickswitch button would go a long way to making things less of a pain.
Please please give me this.

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Medic grenades: Not even once.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
http://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/754709041213769133

Finally, some news. It's about a forest map, which is nice because none of the maps so far have a particularly organic look.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

New stuff coming:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=113355

Alternate aiming mode for dualies, outdoor map, steam workshop for mods and maps!

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
It's been a long time since I've played (didn't want to get burned out). Is the Firebug awesome? It was my favorite class in the first game.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Yes

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

I never enjoyed Firebug in the first game, but it's probably my favorite perk now. Whether that means they've changed it into something that's more to my taste or just made it a better version of what it was, I can't really say.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

If you prefer shooty over stabby, firebug is the most fun class to play right now in my opinion. Flamethrower/caulk is great crowd control, mwave gun is hilariously OP and lets you solo big zeds easily, and flaretovs are a godsend on dark maps. Plus, you know, panicked zombies flailing around on fire.

You're also more of a team player than, say, demo, because most of your kit doesn't instantly kill things which means the medic/comm/sup can drop a couple of bullets into flaming zeds to soak up exp.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
And also there's a perk that makes zeds explode when they die for firebug if you wanted any more reasons not to play demo.

Firebug isn't entirely straightforward, though. There's a few intricacies you'll need to pick up first, mostly just that husks and bloats aren't bothered by fire and the most effective strategy is just tapping fire at the enemy's feet.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
I hope this new forest map leans more towards Wyre and less towards Mountain Pass :ohdear:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

sushibandit posted:

If you prefer shooty over stabby, firebug is the most fun class to play right now in my opinion. Flamethrower/caulk is great crowd control, mwave gun is hilariously OP and lets you solo big zeds easily, and flaretovs are a godsend on dark maps.

They put in the Microwave Expander from Duke Nukem?

:allears:

I think it is time to load the game up again. In the original I played the Firebug as more CC, so my team could focus more on the bigger Zeds.

sushibandit posted:

You're also more of a team player than, say, demo, because most of your kit doesn't instantly kill things which means the medic/comm/sup can drop a couple of bullets into flaming zeds to soak up exp.

Sounds right up my alley.

Theta Zero posted:

And also there's a perk that makes zeds explode when they die for firebug if you wanted any more reasons not to play demo.

:allears:

I love these developers.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Require More Fire posted:

I hope this new forest map leans more towards Wyre and less towards Mountain Pass :ohdear:

Wasn't wyre official and mountain pass custom, though? A lot of the official maps had a pretty consistent tone of somberness or dreariness.

Although wyre had a downright fantastic setting. I loved the contrast of the orange sunset on the outside, and dark cool blue on the inside.

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013

Theta Zero posted:

Firebug isn't entirely straightforward, though. There's a few intricacies you'll need to pick up first, mostly just that husks and bloats aren't bothered by fire and the most effective strategy is just tapping fire at the enemy's feet.

Apparently Zed Shrapnel can proc by killing enemies with your bash attack. Last night, I watched Reverend Alberts elbow a clot so hard that it exploded.

E- also, as a guy who mains commando, I am in constant competition with firebugs because 1) zed flailing animations screw up my headshots and 2) firebugs do not appreciate the art of lobotomizing scrakes.

Colosmicon fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Oct 9, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Colosmicon posted:

Last night, I watched Reverend Alberts elbow a clot so hard that it exploded.

Macho Man would be proud.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Well if it was on fire, it might just have been a well timed last damage tick.

What I'm getting at is where's video of that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I've definitely made zeds explode as a firebug with melee. I've probably posted a gif of it?

e: two of them
http://gfycat.com/IllinformedEarnestElephant
http://i.imgur.com/7kWJzLQ.gifv

Psion fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Oct 9, 2015