Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

no see this time will be different because

Let's just wait and see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Can't wait for five months into her failed main roster début when she gets her farting gimmick.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

no see this time will be different because....

....Tajiri's cooked up a scheme!

It's the solution to (and cause of) all of life's problems!

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Gonzo McFee posted:

Can't wait for five months into her failed main roster début when she gets her farting gimmick.

same but for hosed up reasons

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

MotU posted:

same but for hosed up reasons

Do you wanna talk about it?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Glamorama26 posted:

Do you wanna talk about it?

And if so, please parallel the post with Homer's Odyssey.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

MotU posted:

can't wait for the Bellas "Asuka the Grouch" promo

keep up the good work son

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Glamorama26 posted:

Yep, pretty much. It's why someone like Asuke is so striking even compared to Sasha and Bayley, she's so fast and smooth and alot of that has to do with having a shitload of matches.

Well hopefully Asuka spends a lot of time at the performance center training all the women down there because she was a revelation the other night. While it would be great for her to be on the main roster, it might be just as great if she spent her time in developmental helping to develop the next generation of great wrestlers, who can then pass it down. I was re-listening to park of CM Punk's podcast thing today and he mentioned something to the effect of wrestlers getting better when they work with better wrestlers. If that's the case, everyone at NXT should spend some time working with Asuka because goddamn she's a talented lady.

Also, from hearing what Dave had to say about Bayley, I think the feeling that everyone has is that Bayley is the next John Cena, but not a robot. She can make so much money, both for WWE and herself that you would actually have to want to hate making money to sabotage her on the main roster. I really, really hope that HHH picks her as his hill to die on, because he'd be foolish not to. As much time, money and effort as they've spent trying to make Roman Reigns the next John Cena, they have the next John Cena in Bayley. The only differences are that she's female and everyone loves her.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

AlmightyPants posted:

Well hopefully Asuka spends a lot of time at the performance center training all the women down there because she was a revelation the other night. While it would be great for her to be on the main roster, it might be just as great if she spent her time in developmental helping to develop the next generation of great wrestlers, who can then pass it down. I was re-listening to park of CM Punk's podcast thing today and he mentioned something to the effect of wrestlers getting better when they work with better wrestlers. If that's the case, everyone at NXT should spend some time working with Asuka because goddamn she's a talented lady.

Hopefully she's grown out of that phase where she worked really irresponsibly stiff for no reason, because yeah she's really good. They already have Sara Del Rey down there training people though, and she's really good too.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Just watched the Asuka match and she's awsome yes yes yes.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

:hfive: dave

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

no see this time will be different because

Who cares about wins and losses.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://youtu.be/MDytaINOEbs?t=3h29m13s

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

lmfao

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Where did that Beatles poster come from????

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
Manflurry I just wanted you to know that I really appreciated the moment in your show with Cath where you were furiously yelling about Vince McMahon but saying "nice" after the number 69 is so ingrained deep inside your brain that you yelled "HES 69 YEARS OLD NICE" and continued on your rant without missing a beat.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

triplexpac posted:

Where did that Beatles poster come from????

The payoff was so much lamer than the build. Dave saying 'huh, must have been my wife' in a later episode was such a letdown.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Big Bob Pataki posted:

Manflurry I just wanted you to know that I really appreciated the moment in your show with Cath where you were furiously yelling about Vince McMahon but saying "nice" after the number 69 is so ingrained deep inside your brain that you yelled "HES 69 YEARS OLD NICE" and continued on your rant without missing a beat.

Thank you. I am, if nothing else, very good at saying nice after I say 69.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

AlmightyPants posted:

Also, from hearing what Dave had to say about Bayley, I think the feeling that everyone has is that Bayley is the next John Cena, but not a robot. She can make so much money, both for WWE and herself that you would actually have to want to hate making money to sabotage her on the main roster. I really, really hope that HHH picks her as his hill to die on, because he'd be foolish not to. As much time, money and effort as they've spent trying to make Roman Reigns the next John Cena, they have the next John Cena in Bayley. The only differences are that she's female and everyone loves her.

I really think Roman and Bayley would be a great 1-2 punch on being the WWE signature talent. Roman having tea with his daughter and praising breast cancer survivors is really not the character he should be conveying. Roman can be the Batista, and Bayley can be the Cena.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Pishing at Lita casting the vote to use the idiotic name 'iron man match' for Sasha vs Bayley.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

ICHIBAHN posted:

Pishing at Lita casting the vote to use the idiotic name 'iron man match' for Sasha vs Bayley.

Barrett wanted to call it an Iron Lady match, but he had no supporters.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

I Before E posted:

Barrett wanted to call it an Iron Lady match, but he had no supporters.

Jericho wanted to call it an Iron Maiden match, but he too had no supporters.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Women in wrestling are basically supposed to just be sexy men, in a way

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

HogX posted:

The men already fill that niche, though.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

That Bruno interview with Dave is fantastic. I think my favorite part was when Dave asked how big of weights he uses today. Bruno said he used to do curls with 100lb dumbbells, but today he uses 30lb ones. Bryan despondently adds "I use 30lb dumbbells..."

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

HogX posted:

Or rather, they're all expected to wrestle the male cruiserweight style, even if it doesn't suit them at all.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

CombineThresher posted:

Or rather, they're all expected to wrestle the male cruiserweight style, even if it doesn't suit them at all.

I just want one woman wrestler to give a great lariat. I mean, I get why it isn't common (the whole "destroying the opponent's boobs" thing) but I'm a sucker for a great lariat.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

fart blood posted:

I just want one woman wrestler to give a great lariat. I mean, I get why it isn't common (the whole "destroying the opponent's boobs" thing) but I'm a sucker for a great lariat.

I don't watch Raw so I dunno if she does it much anymore, but I remember Becky's being pretty good.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Luigi Thirty posted:

That Bruno interview with Dave is fantastic. I think my favorite part was when Dave asked how big of weights he uses today. Bruno said he used to do curls with 100lb dumbbells, but today he uses 30lb ones. Bryan despondently adds "I use 30lb dumbbells..."

I also liked his story about trying to pin the bear. Whenever Bruno is on, good times are ahead.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Tell me more about destroying your opponent's boobs.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
The intended target of a lariat or clothesline is the middle of the opponent's chest, sure

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Hitting a chick in the cans is like hitting a bro in the nards. It's a basis for disqualification.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

dave really likes muhammad ali

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

Cardboard Box posted:

One of the biggest celebrities ever, cut amazing promos, drew megabucks everywhere, was a pro wrestling fan, and hated/fought against racism. These are all things Dave loves.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cardboard Box posted:

Probably because he was the greatest :)

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Cardboard Box posted:

Everyone should really like Muhammad Ali,hth.

Can't believe no one mentioned that Filthy Tom is now a Filthy Dad.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I knew it already going in, but I was still kind of taken aback listening to the latest Talking Shop when it became clear just how much Matt Sydal LOVES drugs.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Jerusalem posted:

I knew it already going in, but I was still kind of taken aback listening to the latest Talking Shop when it became clear just how much Matt Sydal LOVES drugs.

To the point of suggesting that apes evolved into humans because they ate tons of mushrooms. That's like Brian Kendrick levels of stupid.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

CombineThresher posted:

To the point of suggesting that apes evolved into humans because they ate tons of mushrooms. That's like Brian Kendrick levels of stupid.

I choose to believe that evolution is mushroom based and the sun is cold

and under that frozen sun, Dean Ambrose hunts the elusive sasquatch...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Jerusalem posted:

im going to eat a point of dark matter molly with matt sydal and we are gonna contemplate the universe.

• Locked thread