Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!
Expansion Cup banner dump

You guys have done a great job, because I get even fewer of the references than usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

DOOP posted:

The Blackhawks have won three stanley cups, gently caress off with this poo poo

I'm the same way about the New York Giants, even with a) the two recent Super Bowls and b) acknowledging how mediocre they are.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Kid Elberfeld to AAA. Hanley Ramirez to the bench. Robin Yount to starting SS, both lineups.
& let's go crazy and flip-flop Alomar and Ott; Alomar bats third, Ott fifth.

Joe Nathan, John Franco and Sam McDowell down to AAA. Replace with Jeff Reardon (short relief), Slim Love (middle relief) and Lefty Gomez (long relief).

Spreadsheet

Need more deadballers in Florida City, people, trade them to me!

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

DOOP posted:

The Blackhawks have won three stanley cups, gently caress off with this poo poo

I'm sorry the free writing that you were under no obligation to read was not to your liking. I'll try and do better in the future.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Sub-Par Week 16 Injury Report

Alethkar Shardblades
Brian Giles (RF) (Insert joke relevant to whatever fantasy universe this team is from) - 28 days

Antarctic Coldplayers
Greg Maddux (SP) (Fa-fa-fa-fa-fa (Sad Song)) - 15 days

Oventje's Decroux
Sandy Koufax (SP) (Good thing you got a new pitcher) - 22 days

Stoned Lightning
Mike Scott (SP) (Upon further review, not ready for the starting rotation) - 11 days

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

gingemidget posted:

You guys have done a great job, because I get even fewer of the references than usual.

Thank you for the hard work!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Even better than I had hoped.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
WHELP!

Bring Brown back to SP4

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Ice To Meet You posted:

Sub-Par Week 16 Injury Report

Alethkar Shardblades
Brian Giles (RF) (Stormlight ran out) - 28 days

Put Kiner in all lineups for Giles

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
I only just realized today the Phillies and Cubs have never met in the playoffs before. That could be something to look forward to, if the Phillies ever make the postseason again.

gingemidget posted:

I'm actually kind of pissed this one isn't animating.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
Cultists

Send down Ott, call up Sheffield.

Swap Bradman and Hornsby in the batting order.

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Oct 11, 2015

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

Heck yeahhh. Thank you!

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
DivineCoffeeBinge!

You have Darrell Evans in both your lineup and bench, so unless you actually have 2 of them you should add another player.

ZenVulgarity!

Assuming there won't be many big changes I just used your signup thread roster, but I do need minors guys whenever you have time.

DOOP!

the jeter head in your banner is making me giggle really hard

Monicro fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Oct 12, 2015

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Smasher Dynamo posted:

I'm sorry the free writing that you were under no obligation to read was not to your liking. I'll try and do better in the future.

I wasn't being entirely serious

But the Blackhawks won three Cups, so gently caress them

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

thx

mentholmoose posted:

I'm actually kind of pissed this one isn't animating.

I have no idea how to do that

Feel free to try tho

Monicro posted:

DOOP!

the jeter head in your banner is making me giggle really hard

didn't even see that the first time

yeah jeets

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Monicro posted:

DivineCoffeeBinge!

You have Darrell Evans in both your lineup and bench, so unless you actually have 2 of them you should add another player.

In my defense, I am kind of an idiot.

Replace bench Darrell Evans with 1955 Grady Hatton. Who is terrible but he's one of only two other 3Bs in my feeders that even has a SL-reference page.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

DOOP posted:

I wasn't being entirely serious

But the Blackhawks won three Cups, so gently caress them

Hey, one of those wins was to keep Boston from winning ANOTHER sports championship, which was necessary for the good of all mankind, and another was to prevent the Stanley Cup from getting sent to Florida!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Hey, one of those wins was to keep Boston from winning ANOTHER sports championship, which was necessary for the good of all mankind, and another was to prevent the Stanley Cup from getting sent to Florida!

Eventually Boston will win all the championships and the rest of the world will, in their disgust, abandon sports entirely and turn our attention to feeding the hungry and helping the needy.

Cheer for Boston. For humanity's sake.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Smasher Dynamo posted:

its the first one I'm the most mad about

Kane should have been a Flyer god drat it

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
I will sit here hoping for another Lynx WNBA win because if it were not for them Minnesota has not been a champion at anything since 1991... I guess the gophers might have won some college hockey things... but... eh... college...

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

gingemidget posted:

This is better than I could ever imagine.

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

Pash posted:

I will sit here hoping for another Lynx WNBA win because if it were not for them Minnesota has not been a champion at anything since 1991... I guess the gophers might have won some college hockey things... but... eh... college...

Not only have none of the four major sports teams been a champion since 1991, none has even been to a championship game. My sympathy for Smasher's list is decidedly limited

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

DL Alan Trammell. :(

Send down Urbina.

Since I think a 4th person who can play 1B is useless we're going to be calling up an extra reliever instead. Call up the Sloppy/Vangilder connection. Vangilder at setup. Sloppy as a short reliever I guess?

While we're making a ton of moves, Swap Robertson & Mike Timlin.

code:
VS. RHP		                          |  VS. LHP
##    Position	 Player	           R/L/S  |  ##    Position   Player            R/L/S
01    2B         Joe Morgan         [L]   |  01    2B         Nap Lajoie         [R]
02    RF         Ichiro Suzuki      [L]   |  02    LF         Stan Musial        [L]
03    LF         Stan Musial        [L]   |  03    DH         Mickey Mantle      [S]
04    C          Josh Gibson        [R]   |  04    C          Josh Gibson        [R]
05    DH         Mickey Mantle      [S]   |  05    1B         Jeff Bagwell       [R]
06    1B         Jason Giambi       [L]   |  06    CF         Duke Snider        [L]
07    SS         Alex Rodriguez     [R]   |  07    SS         Alex Rodriguez     [R]
08    CF         Duke Snider        [L]   |  08    3B         Nomar Garciaparra  [R]
09    3B         Nomar Garciaparra  [R]   |  09    RF         Ichiro Suzuki      [L]

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Oct 12, 2015

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

blackmongoose posted:

Not only have none of the four major sports teams been a champion since 1991, none has even been to a championship game. My sympathy for Smasher's list is decidedly limited

Holy gently caress, after ten billion updates where I wrote about your terrible teams, I wanted to write about something else. I wrote about my teams losing in the playoffs, because I was the one writing about it. When you guys run your Super-League for seventeen seasons, you can tell me about your team's issues. Although, here, let me save you some time:

ALL MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES PLAYOFF LOSSES

-Turned out the Kevin Garnett could not win basketball games by himself, and this was never corrected. Also, this team never had draft picks because they decided to cheat the salary cap for the immortal Joe Smith.

ALL MINNESOTA TWINS PLAYOFF LOSSES

-Turns out that winning a weak division doesn't actually make you a good team. Who knew?

MOST MINNESOTA WILD PLAYOFF LOSSES

-Blackhawks.

THE REST OF THE MINNESOTA WILD PLAYOFF LOSSES

-Being an expansion team is hard! Also, how did Minnesota manage to lose a hockey team to Dallas? Seriously, how the gently caress did that happen?

MINNESOTA VIKINGS PLAYOFF LOSSES (in order)

1. Gary Andersen in not clutch.
2. Daunte Culpepper is also not clutch.
3. Brett Favre, by 2010, was also also not clutch.
4. Joe Webb was exactly as clutch as he was apt to be.

There. Now I have given equal time to your concerns.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
As it's been 24 hours and Kouerson hasn't picked, I'm jumping ahead in line to pick Warren Spahn '59. He takes Long Relief duties for now. The Unspecifieds (and Cherry Pies) are up.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Kouerson says to pick the best SP available, who I arbitrarily deem is Ron Guidry '79

Forzelt
Jul 23, 2012

Variance? Fuck that noise.

Smasher Dynamo posted:

1. Gary Andersen in not clutch.

We do not talk about Gary Andersen or the 1998 NFC championship game anymore.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Forzelt posted:

We do not talk about Gary Andersen or the 1998 NFC championship game anymore.

Well, we do. It's just that we keep getting interrupted by the snickering.

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!
Unspecifieds pick 1970 Harmon Killebrew.

Insert Killebrew into the 3B slot in all lineups, send Howard Johnson to AAA

Also, put Morris back in the SP4 slot, Wells back in LR, and Rozema back to AAA.

Either habeasdorkus and the Outsourcers or johnfw50 and the Shardblades are up, I don't know if we're outright skipping the Outsourcers or what.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
i wanna draft #REF!

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Eventually Boston will win all the championships and the rest of the world will, in their disgust, abandon sports entirely and turn our attention to feeding the hungry and helping the needy.

Cheer for Boston. For humanity's sake.

Is "Tom Brady did nothing wrong" a thing yet? It should be.

Anyway, it's good to finally be back, time to run this team straight into the ground.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

EclecticTastes posted:

Is "Tom Brady did nothing wrong" a thing yet? It should be.

tfw tom brady like adolf hitler

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I still carry some bitterness for Randall Cunningham and Cris Carter for the Giants loss to the Vikings in the 97 Wild Card playoff game. Carter had control of the football. He fumbled.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Saturday was not the first time a blatant case of obstruction was not called for no reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7s6uzv_hfk

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

The Shardblades select former Ketones hero Tom Glavine '93. Put him in as MR for Reb Russell.
HHH is up next!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Okay York you were pretty all right last year but I can't have you wasting ABs if Mexico City has any hope at catching up in the division and I think I have some no DH games this week so

Lineup vs RHP no DH

#1 Earl Averill CF
#2 Ted Williams LF
#3 Miguel Cabrera 1B
#4 Larry Walker RF
#5 Charlie Gehringer 2B
#6 Alex Rodriguez SS
#7 Carlton Fisk C
#8 Ron Santo 3B
#9 P

Lineup vs LHP no DH

#1 Nap Lajoie 2B
#2 Ted Williams LF
#3 Miguel Cabrera 1B
#4 Larry Walker RF
#5 Alex Rodriguez SS
#6 Ron Santo 3B
#7 Earl Averill CF
#8 Carlton Fisk C
#9 P

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

Smasher Dynamo posted:

3. Brett Favre, by 2010, was also also not clutch.

I own a Vikings Brett Favre Jersey. My Uncle's family are huge packers fans, and I take the opportunity to wear it over to their house for football games whenever possible.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Zodiac5000 posted:

I own a Vikings Brett Favre Jersey. My Uncle's family are huge packers fans, and I take the opportunity to wear it over to their house for football games whenever possible.

I think if you're doing that in 2015, if your relatives look sad when they see you wearing that jersey, I don't think it's because of the jersey.

Super-League XVII, Week XVII Injury Report

Florida Oranges
Eddie Cicotte (SP) (Bet on himself to get injured!) - 15 days

Hartford Whalers
Todd Worrell (RP) (Oh no!) - 7 days
The Rod (3B) (Rod Help Us All!) - 49 days

Jersey City Jobbers
Spud Davis (C) (Once met Chase Utley) - 15 days
John Olerud (1B) (Once was in same room as Chase Utley) - 32 days
Joe DiMaggio (CF) (Once was in same country as Chase Utley) - 17 days

Mitchell Kernels
The Masked Shortstop (SS) (JUSTICE!) - 27 days

Pick 'em: NO SLEEP TIL WEEK 26!

Canadian Championship
Hartford Whalers @ RCMP (c)

Hardcore and Larkin-Downing Championships
Glastonbury Knights @ Detroit Wolverines (c)

Grand Slam Championships
Chicago Southpaws (c) @ New World Symphony

CFBalla
Sep 16, 2009

Yeah, I just made that shot. :smug:

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Mitchell Kernels
The Masked Shortstop (SS) (JUSTICE!) - 27 days

This seems a little vindictive, in my opinion. :( How many sims did this take??

Anyway, make Johnny Pesky the starting SS for the foreseeable future in all line-ups. Call Earl Averill up to the bench and move the Masked Shortstop to the DL. May the hero fully recover and come back stronger than ever after this setback.

Pick 'em: NO SLEEP TIL WEEK 26!

Canadian Championship
Hartford Whalers @ RCMP (c)

Hardcore and Larkin-Downing Championships
Glastonbury Knights @ Detroit Wolverines (c)

Grand Slam Championships
Chicago Southpaws (c) @ New World Symphony

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Champs Retain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,