Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

g0del posted:

I thought dental was the third, even worse fleet.

:tinfoil:

Our asses are everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

hakimashou posted:

Crazy binkley was on esd again bitching about dental and the forums, he eventually moved on to this:

[Zone #9] Binkley@Sub-Nagus Gooark: I think some people confuse Nerds of Prey with starfleet dental
[Zone #9] Binkley@Sub-Nagus Gooark: common mistake
[Zone #9] Binkley@Sub-Nagus Gooark: the NoP channel is a great source of help, saved me 20 bucks
[Zone] Druk@repetitiveepic: Nerds of Prey -is- starfleet dental
[Zone #9] Binkley@Sub-Nagus Gooark: Prove it
[Zone] Druk@repetitiveepic: its the same people, but our kdf toons
[Zone #3] Bill Adama@coldpicard: Prove it
[Zone #9] Binkley@Sub-Nagus Gooark: screenshotted for the next time a NoP says Dental is the fringe troll fleet they can't control
[Zone] Druk@repetitiveepic: ok
[Zone] Druk@repetitiveepic: have fun!
[Zone] Druk@repetitiveepic: do you want me to log onto my NoP toon and say that for you?
[Zone #9] Binkley@Sub-Nagus Gooark: I'll make a new account for the forums to post it and hopefully Trendy will get around to banning it when she wakes up
[Zone #9] Binkley@Sub-Nagus Gooark: Why would you ever consider doing anything I wanted
[Zone #9] Binkley@Sub-Nagus Gooark: I don't expect people do ever do anything I say over the internet, that's loving weird
[Zone] Druk@repetitiveepic: are you subscribed to NoP PS?
[Zone] Druk@repetitiveepic: do you want me to say it in there?
[Zone #9] Binkley@Sub-Nagus Gooark: You do you
[Zone #9] Binkley@Sub-Nagus Gooark: You're a grown man, capable of making your own decisions
[Zone] Druk@repetitiveepic: do you want me to say it in nopps or pm it to you or what?
[Zone] Druk@repetitiveepic: obviously i cant come onto esd with that toon
[Zone #9] Binkley@Sub-Nagus Gooark: I want you to go gently caress yourself and post the video on youtube

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
he's not gonna be happy about that

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
Who cares?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I bet i will get another nice chatlog to post

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9599783

I did a double take.

"With this update we were also able to take advantage of a new system that allows us to set the Player’s effective fighting level to a specific value within a given area of a map rather than across that entire map"

That could be useful for future story zones.

Tuskin38 fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Oct 14, 2015

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Got a response:

I was gonna unmute the doofus but I think he's genuinely crazy.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

He sounds mad.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, I think we've found someone saltier than Aotc. How is he not dead from sodium poisoning.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Lagomorphic posted:

He seems proud of the fact that he gave Cryptic a bunch of money so I think that's fairly certain.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
a reactionary fear crutch

:iceburn:

Rahhmi
Aug 18, 2015

GO WEEDJI!

[05/28/2016 12:40:42 AM] Pulse: don't stir up my
personal drama, please
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9600823

Yay! On the 27th, we can all FINALLY Feel like Admirals due to this AMAZING incredible Wonderful new system they've added which is oh So Totally NOT Just the Doff System with a bad UI change and a need to inflate your ships for the common person.

I'm very happy that... uh. I have some steaks in the oven. They'll make me feel like an Admiral all right!

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
You open the message, but all you hear is soothing whale song. Something something the voyage home reference.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
That lady has a huge forehead and that Klingon is making a kissy face.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
I don't know about you guys, but I'm looking forward to tricking out my admirals desk with only the finest in equipment. Gonna epic out that name plate first thing.

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.

Technical Analysis posted:

I don't know about you guys, but I'm looking forward to tricking out my admirals desk with only the finest in equipment. Gonna epic out that name plate first thing.

You fool! The blotter is going to have the best DPS increase per investment.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

DonDoodles posted:

Dental isn't NoP. Nbreeki is Aiko's Husband. We are all Butts. Butts is Dear Leader.

FTFY

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
You are not dear leader, I've met dear leader. He's a lot more shouty than you are.

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003

Rahhmi posted:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9600823

Yay! On the 27th, we can all FINALLY Feel like Admirals due to this AMAZING incredible Wonderful new system they've added which is oh So Totally NOT Just the Doff System with a bad UI change and a need to inflate your ships for the common person.

I'm very happy that... uh. I have some steaks in the oven. They'll make me feel like an Admiral all right!

The way this makes you feel like a real admiral is by giving you all the paperwork that an admiral has to do. Now you too can be miserable just like Admiral Kirk.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
"What the hell is this poo poo, and why does DS9 need 900 of them?!" - STO Episode 20: The Misfiled paperwork

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
"Changeling compatible condoms. And no reason." - Odo

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
Trendy says they've been taking notes on what carrier designs won where, and they will be taking feedback and that, reading the comments.

She has spreadsheets.

quote:

Sam (lead artist) and I were talking about this. One of the good opportunities about this event is not only getting players a chance to decide on what ship wins, but also give very precise feedback about the ship designs. On top of keeping a quantitative sentiment over the ships, I'm also doing a qualitative breakdown.
Why did this ship win? Why did that ship lose? What were aspects of the ship that people mentioned as being the reasons why they voted for it/didn't vote for it. This type of feedback is actually super helpful. In general I've been implementing more feedback loops with the team - this included. :)
EDIT: I'm actually a big fan of statistical analysis.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Hey can someone (Butts) please post the imgur link of that picture of Butts taking a bite out of the UFP logo? Thanks!

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3627820&userid=171681&perpage=40&pagenumber=8#post449898371]

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Thank you, sir!

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

DonDoodles posted:

Thank you, sir!

I can always change that logo to something else

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Tuskin38 posted:

Trendy says they've been taking notes on what carrier designs won where, and they will be taking feedback and that, reading the comments.

She has spreadsheets.
So every Fed ship going forward will be a hideous abomination. Good to know. :gonk:

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

BombermanX posted:

How about Butts, taking a bite out of Butts, taking a bite out of Butts, taking a bite out of Butts...?

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

BombermanX posted:

It works fine for the video I'm editing at the moment. I just wanted to splash that up at the end.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

Lagomorphic posted:

Got a response:

And you still should unmute the doofus, because that flavour of crazy is likely to misbehave in NOP:PS sooner or later, and then we can ban him and simultaneously spread our hands to the broader community and say "Did you see that? That's STO absent our guiding hand".

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Look at new things. Look at them you loving animal

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

A disco-gun? loving finally.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tunicate posted:

A disco-gun? loving finally.

It even looks like the SR4 dubstep gun. With disco lights. Gonn be great.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

IPCRESS posted:

And you still should unmute the doofus, because that flavour of crazy is likely to misbehave in NOP:PS sooner or later, and then we can ban him and simultaneously spread our hands to the broader community and say "Did you see that? That's STO absent our guiding hand".

Is unmuting people in private channels still broken unless you do the special things only we know about? *taps nose*

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.
:spooky: A Goony Halloween :spooky:

Do you like ships?

Of course you like ships, it's just what you'll need with the new Admiral system around the corner!

How about getting all of these ships?Until the end of this month (oct 31st) I will be holding a contest to find the most :psypop: pubby you can find. This can be either by their outfit, content of their bio or through their actions or chatter; something that makes the pubby you found the most unnerving and creepiest of Halloween monsters.

Entries can be in the form of screenshots or logs, and just post them in this thread so I can see them.

Let the one with the worst pubby win!

(if you're interested in some science ships you can check out my writing or screenshots contests)

EDIT: And make it something new, don't rehash old chat logs or screenshots we've all seen ages ago.

fakemirage fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Oct 16, 2015

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

fakemirage posted:

Do you like ships?

Of course you like ships, it's just what you'll need with the new Admiral system around the corner!

How about getting all of these ships?Until the end of this month (oct 31st) I will be holding a contest to find the most :psypop: pubby you can find. This can be either by their outfit, content of their bio or through their actions or chatter; something that makes the pubby you found the most unnerving and creepiest of Halloween monsters.

Entries can be in the form of screenshots or logs, and just post them in this thread so I can see them.

(if you're interested in some science ships you can check out my writing or screenshots contests)

Could Dr. Zombie Spock please make your way to the white courtesy telephone, Dr. Zombie Spock to the white courtesy telephone, thank you.

Nita
Apr 27, 2008
Five years later my @handle still inspires pubbie rage

[10/16 8:07] Shadowhawk@lorddemon1973: go gently caress yourself Spacedonz, you piece of poo poo troll
[10/16 8:08] Shadowhawk@lorddemon1973: with an @handle like that you're an obvious troll
[10/16 8:08] [Tell] Shadowhawk@lorddemon1973: get hosed

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

IPCRESS posted:

Could Dr. Zombie Spock please make your way to the white courtesy telephone, Dr. Zombie Spock to the white courtesy telephone, thank you.

I think Kobali Spock is still standing guard on Vulcan, not sure about the whereabouts of Zombie Spock though.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

fakemirage posted:

Do you like ships?

Let's host a dinner for fools, winning pubbie gets a chance to join Dental with a full scholarship to the Academy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
New video posted to youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEgRzvslKLY

"Starfleet Dental: Together Towards a Harmonious Tomorrow"

Thanks for everyone who came out to help me get this done.

• Locked thread