Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
In a thread full of goons moaning about people not turning up at all or cancelling an hour beforehand, being told at 8.30 a.m. in the morning is about as good as it gets. For your next trick, I suggest complaining about guys who are less than 6 foot tall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
most of what i've seen is people making fun of weird profiles/ugly people

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Yeah, I'm probably mixing it up with the E/N online dating thread :)

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

How many cycles of the moons worth of notice should I give to my taco date in Thursday?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Dating is when you ask a girl to go steady and she wears your letterman jacket.

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

vyst posted:

Dating is when you ask a girl to go steady and she wears your letterman jacket.

Make sure to avoid the urges and save your kisses for marriage.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

String Beans posted:

I saw a "virgin until married" girl on okcupid and she was gorgeous and had a huge rack. I can't imagine what kinda messages she got from gross dudes

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

Business Gorillas posted:

I saw a "virgin until married" girl on okcupid and she was gorgeous and had a huge rack. I can't imagine what kinda messages she got from gross dudes

What did you send her? You can leave out the pics.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill

How many cycles of the moons worth of notice should I give to my taco date in Thursday?

Emily Post recommends no less than half a lunar cycle for taco dates (assuming it's just tacos).

If flan is involved things get a bit more complicated.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

String Beans posted:

Ugh, disgusting heathens.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

fordham posted:

What did you send her? You can leave out the pics.

I didn't send her anything because I love satan and premarital sex :twisted:

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

prolly you shouldnt cancel that one regardless on account of tacos fuckin own

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Imagine being the sort of person who goes outside wearing bondage gear but also a fannypack and a rape whistle and a water bottle on a carabiner

Imagine being GGG and sex positive and HIV+ and still completely boring.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

Hey goons im new to online dating. I will not discuss min/maxing dates because gently caress that. I have a windows phone and it does not have a good tindr. But okcupid has a lot of 30 yr olds. Is there a better alternative for young 20's?

Sever ....... Your head from your shoulders for being a beta nerd with a windows phone. Your probably sub six foot also. Your future is to die alone with a bad phone.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

I didn't send her anything because I love satan and premarital sex :twisted:

You do know people sometimes put up things to shake out the weak hands?

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005
bitch please were already there wrt ppl into kinky poo poo yet boring as gently caress

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

neonbregna posted:

Sever ....... Your head from your shoulders for being a beta nerd with a windows phone. Your probably sub six foot also. Your future is to die alone with a bad phone.

:eyepop:

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

neonbregna posted:

You do know people sometimes put up things to shake out the weak hands?

If you gently caress her up the arse she's still technically a virgin. :getin:

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

neonbregna posted:

Your future is to die alone

this is true for literally everyone

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Kerbtree posted:

And they say romance is dead

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Kerbtree posted:

i have actually heard this argument from Christian girls

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Breetai posted:

It's the Steiner math of never getting laid.

Don't knock it till you try it! This should easily double the chances of getting laid.

Untested; haven't actually been on a date in years

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Received wisdom about dating dos and don'ts is all trash anyway because different guys/gals have different likes/expectations and being able to read their reactions to you if you aren't some sort of faceblind autist is the best approach.

Like, I only got out of the dating game about a month and a half ago, and as I could tell things were going well and she really didn't want the night to end on our first date I called her the next afternoon to arrange the second, and later on she confided in me that I apparently earned massive brownie points for not doing that 'wait at least x days before calling after a successful date' bullshit to avoid looking too keen.

ShinyBirdTeeth
Nov 7, 2011

sparkle sparkle sparkle

Breetai posted:

Received wisdom about dating dos and don'ts is all trash anyway because different guys/gals have different likes/expectations and being able to read their reactions to you if you aren't some sort of faceblind autist is the best approach.

Like, I only got out of the dating game about a month and a half ago, and as I could tell things were going well and she really didn't want the night to end on our first date I called her the next afternoon to arrange the second, and later on she confided in me that I apparently earned massive brownie points for not doing that 'wait at least x days before calling after a successful date' bullshit to avoid looking too keen.

This is really good advice, but here's a rule you should follow. Don't use a loving wedding photo for your dating profile:

She's the other one, but seriously... This lady is looming on someone in all of her pictures.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

MrMenshevik posted:

This is really good advice, but here's a rule you should follow. Don't use a loving wedding photo for your dating profile:

She's the other one, but seriously... This lady is looming on someone in all of her pictures.

Hey man, some people are just loomers. give her a break

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

of that kit kat bar.

(she's fat)

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

fat girls kinda own tbh

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Having a fat girl over at my place tomorrow looking forward to it gently caress the haters.

ShinyBirdTeeth
Nov 7, 2011

sparkle sparkle sparkle

Chomp8645 posted:

Having a fat girl over at my place tomorrow looking forward to it gently caress the haters.

Don't waste it on the haters, save it for her.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

:agreed:

I like my women like I like my roast beef and saurkraut on rye bread sammiches

reubenesque

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Multidating was always weird to me. Maybe I am just not hip/jaded enough with the online dating thing, but the idea of hedging your bets by setting up successive dates or even one after the other is horrifically unromantic. Especially for the one earlier in the night, what if you want to bone but then have to cancel last minute for someone else?

tinder dating is pretty much ask five people out on a date then have coffee with them, possibly bang, then go on your next date

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Chomp8645 posted:

Yeah mate thats how it goes. Milkshakes and steaks for dinner! Big girls are good fun

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

computer parts posted:

i have actually heard this argument from Christian girls

i went to hs in alabama and this was the thing that every christian chick said and then they tried anal once (because 16 year old dudes just ram it in on first time anal lol) and were like gently caress no just put it in my vag from now and and then they just pretend to be in to the whole virgin before marriage thing but the truth is after the second or third date they start putting out but if they do start putting out they start getting real creepy real quick like texting i love you and poo poo like that and its like drat girl we went and saw cloudy with a chance of meatballs then banged on your couch give me a bit before we start with the i love you stuff

in my experience

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Robo Reagan posted:

i went to hs in alabama and this was the thing that every christian chick said and then they tried anal once (because 16 year old dudes just ram it in on first time anal lol) and were like gently caress no just put it in my vag from now and and then they just pretend to be in to the whole virgin before marriage thing but the truth is after the second or third date they start putting out but if they do start putting out they start getting real creepy real quick like texting i love you and poo poo like that and its like drat girl we went and saw cloudy with a chance of meatballs then banged on your couch give me a bit before we start with the i love you stuff

in my experience

Same.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Robo Reagan posted:

in my experience

Teenagers are insane, news at 11.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Super religious people are broken I'm shocked.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

this is new to me too

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

Maoist Pussy posted:

Imagine being the sort of person who goes outside wearing bondage gear but also a fannypack and a rape whistle and a water bottle on a carabiner

Imagine being GGG and sex positive and HIV+ and still completely boring.

what's GGG?

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

Stinky_Pete posted:

what's GGG?

Gay, goony and game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Multidating was always weird to me. Maybe I am just not hip/jaded enough with the online dating thing, but the idea of hedging your bets by setting up successive dates or even one after the other is horrifically unromantic. Especially for the one earlier in the night, what if you want to bone but then have to cancel last minute for someone else?

I have to say I did really have a great date happen and have to last minute cancel some later plans and I felt like a major rear end in a top hat. I wouldn't schedule 2 dates in the same night again.

• Locked thread