Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

If a puppet skeleton can push you into a vat of acid you just have to admit to yourself that maybe you wanted to be in the pit of acid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Gene Wilder lookin' good.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

I've never seen the full gif. This is a thing of beauty.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

EXAKT Science posted:

I've never seen the full gif. This is a thing of beauty.

Here's another one.

http://i.imgur.com/3kCAz6g.webm

Bumblefuck!
Jan 20, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

If a puppet skeleton can push you into a vat of acid you just have to admit to yourself that maybe you wanted to be in the pit of acid.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

The wife said she wanted to watch The Wedding Singer on Netflix.

One good thing came out of it.

Reversed

FredMSloniker posted:

In the meantime, it's time for another Movie In 40 Seconds!

How do you make these?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

In the video that cat is so loving angry at his tail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHtyYbFR_d8

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Canned Panda posted:

How do you make these?

First, I make an AVISynth script for the movie file. The key components (besides some trimming and cropping) are the AssumeFPS and ChangeFPS commands. The former changes the rate at which frames are played; by using AssumeFPS(FrameRate(), 40), I make the movie play all of its frames in 40 seconds. The latter duplicates or deletes frames as needed to change the frame rate without changing the length of the movie; ChangeFPS(10, linear = false) tosses all but 400 of the frames. (The linear = false argument is necessary because of how radical the FPS change is.)

Then, I open the script in VirtualDub and use the 'export image sequence' option to write each frame to a PNG. (You can also do this with ffmpeg, but I forget the exact command line at the moment, and I don't have my reference handy.) I use GIMP's 'open as layers' option to pull the images together, then 'convert to indexed' to reduce the images to 255 colors (using Floyd-Steinberg dithering to make them look a bit better). I save the result as a GIF, choosing the 'animated GIF' option; the default frame length of 100 milliseconds just happens to be 10 FPS.

After that, I check the file size; if it's over ten megs, I undo the 'convert to indexed' option, reduce the number of colors (to 127, or 63 if necessary) and/or scale the GIF down (do this before converting to indexed), and save it again until I'm satisfied. Finally, I run the finished product through a GIF optimizer before uploading it to Gfycat.

It's a little time-consuming, but not too bad!

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

King Vidiot posted:

I watched Storytelling and Palindromes and then decided that Todd Solondz is a negative creep and didn't watch any more :shrug:

Welcome to the Dollhouse and Happiness are his BEST. For what that is worth. Most of his stuff is borderline NSFW anyways.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

muscles like this? posted:

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

Karate Bastard posted:

Beware the fierce baloks of the northern wasteland.

Could you please give me a pile of ratmen, you beautiful bastard?

e: Beware the ratmen as they grow stronger as the moon grows fuller.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

SPOILERS!

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Fangoddamntastic

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

:perfect:

You can expect to see this one showing up elsewhere

gibb3h
Jul 15, 2014

:hellyeah:

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

theres a youtube video out there showcasing the visual similarities between the OT star wars and his new star trek films and the video makes a prettry good arguement that his star treks were basically a $200 million demo reel to get Episode 7.

Do you have a link? Sounds neat.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

http://i.imgur.com/SeL4WLF.webm

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

'Cause I live and breathe this Fillydelphia freedom
https://gifsound.com/?gif=i.imgur.com/18ehN8K.gif&v=D8xHDqpVP2E

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Hells yes. :black101:

Are those the ratmen? I remember them as those porcupine looking fuckers end quote. If these are the ratmen then what are those gangly hammer toting uggos that you killed by the throng and that sort of brayed as you cleft them in twain and made stomach geysers out of when you poked a hole in them with that one really long thrust with the head bang, ain't those the ratmen?

e: I loved killing these porcupine looking fuckers with that one silly-looking underarm backswing where you can catch them early and cancel out of the first frame of the windup animation if they're in front of you, so you just sort of stand there wiggling your stuff inside a personal hurricane of blood spatter. Will it blend? Yes, yes it will.

God I loved this game.

e2: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa holyshit. Play it. Play it online.

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 21:45 on Oct 25, 2015

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

http://i.imgur.com/7UbK4OW.webm

Try figuring out what's "off" about this.

It's reversed. They're running backwards.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

rydiafan posted:

As the giant banner says.

Still funny to watch.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

rydiafan posted:

They're being chased by really slow tigers.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

That one guy in the back at the end has cooties, real bad cooties, and he only knows three words: "I'm gonna getcha!"

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

For just a second, I didn't think this was CGI. I'm disappointed. (To be clear, it wasn't that I thought that real toddlers were super martial artists; it's that I wanted to see actual toddlers having a cosplay slapfight.)

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

rydiafan posted:

Just your average Paranoia Anonymous annual 5k charity run.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

FredMSloniker posted:

For just a second, I didn't think this was CGI. I'm disappointed. (To be clear, it wasn't that I thought that real toddlers were super martial artists; it's that I wanted to see actual toddlers having a cosplay slapfight.)

Good news!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Bumblefuck! posted:

It continues to be that spooky time of year, so here are some gifs from one of my favorite Vincent Price films, The House on Haunted Hill

I love this gif so much;

What a great movie

holttho
May 21, 2007

FredMSloniker posted:

Really good news!

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

The spinning heel kick in this will always be one of the greatest pleasures in life.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

:nms:
http://gfycat.com/MasculinePastBellfrog

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Quality parenting right there.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

syscall girl posted:

Quality parenting right there.

Well. To be fair, the kid didnt hit the ground.

(what the actual gently caress though, seriously.)

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
That's like, Wisconsin, right?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Anyone have a gif from Interstellar when Matthew McConnawhatsit yells "MURPH"?

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

I love the person at the end picking up the baby. "Let me have this. You obviously can't handle it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT