Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Pastor Perineum posted:

this guy's son:

The similarity is uncanny...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Pastor Perineum posted:

this guy's son:

he looks like one of the dudes from punch-out

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Abel Wingnut posted:

oh my god

is trump throwing the gloves off finally? he's throwing haymaker after haymaker today

It's weird because Trump has some really interesting moments of political insight.

It's just wrapped inside, you know, all of his Trumpiness.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
If Jeb! drops out that really only leaves Rubio as the establishment candidate. To my knowledge Trump has yet to go after that, but you have to think that between Carson, Fiorina, and Cruz there is significant overlap of Trump supporters...

Knocking Carson down at some point would make this a Trump / Rubio race... Holy poo poo

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Oh, Bill showed up today for some reason.

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

I wonder if there's a stain on his blue suit.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Joementum posted:

Where is Bill anyway? Is he fundraising? Are they saving him for the general? Democrats love the poo poo out of that guy and he'd pull big numbers pretty much anywhere that Team Hillary deployed him.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Boon posted:

If Jeb! drops out that really only leaves Rubio as the establishment candidate. To my knowledge Trump has yet to go after that, but you have to think that between Carson, Fiorina, and Cruz there is significant overlap of Trump supporters...

Actually, I believe Trump sent Rubio a crate full of tiny water bottles.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Joementum posted:

for some reason.

katy_perry_elmo_shirt.gif

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Zeroisanumber posted:

Where is Bill anyway? Is he fundraising? Are they saving him for the general? Democrats love the poo poo out of that guy and he'd pull big numbers pretty much anywhere that Team Hillary deployed him.

Just started today apparently. I guess they wanted to see how the Benghazi stuff would shake out.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Boon posted:

Knocking Carson down at some point would make this a Trump / Rubio race... Holy poo poo

With the HFC running the House, does Cruz count as establishment? His fundraising seems to think so.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Trabisnikof posted:

With the HFC running the House, does Cruz count as establishment?

The truth is that there hasn't been a Republican "establishment" for decades.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

QuoProQuid posted:

Speaking of which, the Catholic Church just ended it's three-week Synod on the family with a minor recommendation that divorced Catholics should be permitted to participate more in the Church. This conclusion falls short of completely accepting divorced couples and tolerating gay marriage, which Francis was hoping for.

Ultimately, though, the conclusion is probably a victory for the Pope given how, within the last few weeks:

- A group of conservative bishops, led by Cardinal Dolan of New York, accused the Pope of manipulating the Church and its functions to meet his interests;

This guy needs to be executed excommunicated because he's the living embodiment of everything people hate about the Catholic Church.

achillesforever6 posted:

I like to think this means a bunch of old white cardinals are going to try to assassinate the pope

Conservatives would be besides themselves with joy if Francis died because they sure as hell aren't going to pick a replacement like him and hate what he's doing. We'd end up with another Palpatine instead (or they'd just make him pope a second time if they can).

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Rygar201 posted:

Man, I hope Vitter makes the run off. All this poo poo came out too soon. We need the run off to be between John Bel Edwards and Vitter, not Edwards and a Republican who isn't known to be an enormous scumbag.

I think he still will. We'll see in an hour.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Mr Interweb posted:

Actually, I believe Trump sent Rubio a crate full of tiny water bottles.

And some TRUMP embroidered towels, along with a note to the effect of "this will help with your constant sweating"

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Turn on your speakers and click this link

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

How did that happen?

stefania_r
Sep 2, 2011

Zeroisanumber posted:

From what I saw of him recently, it seems that age caught up with him. Maybe he deliberately scaled back public activity.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Zoran posted:

How did that happen?

I have no idea, but I cherish it anyways

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Fried Chicken posted:

I have no idea, but I cherish it anyways

I want to say Kimmel or Fallon, I think.

EDIT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A2IXsB7C0Q

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Zeroisanumber posted:

i hope they keep him offscreen as much as possible, one of hillary's weaknesses is if her candicacy is percieved as setting up bill's third term

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

TheRamblingSoul posted:

"We KNOW she's guilty! We just need the EVIDENCE that proves it!" :argh:

OxySnake posted:

"She has to be guilty. It has taken 8 straight hearings and they still haven't gotten the truth out of her. God knows if she wasnt a liberal the median would of already convicted her by now." -Something I heard yesterday.

my macro-based research indicates that in the wake of the disastrous benghazi hearing, the messaging they're going with is "people are deeeeeeeaaaaaaad"

so pretty much same old same old

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005
I think Bill is probably good as a fundraising bonus, but we shouldn't downplay Hillary's own celebrity power. Her trip to Chipotle became the talk of multiple news cycles! However, I'm also curious to see how they deploy Bill during the campaign.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Having an office discussion with an extremely reasonable but libertarian/traditional conservative individual leads me to believe that there is a visceral reaction to Hillary on the right. "I believe she's dishonest" is the point I heard over and over. A character belief like that is pretty much impossible to overcome, but then again, no one is trying to win this particular vote from the left. Still, it's fascinating to me because I pointed out multiple times that "honest" politicians of any stripe stand zero chance at this level.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Joementum posted:

Dear god, that white balance. Jesus loving wept.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The first looks better, imo.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hillary knows the value of instagram filters.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I don't know enough about 7th Day Adventist to care that Ben Carson is one. All you Christians look alike.

Why is that important?

This website says their deceitful

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Seventh-Day%20Adventist/deception.htm

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

Hollismason posted:

I don't know enough about 7th Day Adventist to care that Ben Carson is one. All you Christians look alike.

Why is that important?

This website says their deceitful

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Seventh-Day%20Adventist/deception.htm

Isn't the 'kookyness' of seventh day adventists that they go to church on saturday instead of sunday?

Bwee
Jul 1, 2005

Paul MaudDib posted:

Dear god, that white balance. Jesus loving wept.

Why did you make the clouds yellow

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

Bwee posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLO7tCdBVrA

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Bwee posted:

the sky is gold and white, not blue and black

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Ditocoaf posted:

the sky is gold and white, not blue and black

:golfclap:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The Secret Service make sure Tom Harkin isn't plotting anything tonight.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

(I took this picture a couple months ago and a Cardinal Dolan mention ITT made it seem vaguely relevant.)

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Cardinal Dolan confirmed me as a Catholic.

A year later I was standing on the shore of a northern Wisconsin lake, drunk, proclaiming my renunciation of religion.

True story.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Boon posted:

Nah you still have Christie, Huckabee, Kasich, Paul (lol)... Santorum? They've still got options but they get rapidly more dire for the party as you go down the line. Also Trump's fired a few test shots at Rubio but he hasn't really focused on him too much.

Also does anyone else have a feeling that Carson never intended to make it this far in the first place? I feel like he got in as another one of the hucksters and is now realizing he has to get out of this fast. Half-suspending your campaign so you can go on a book tour is really suspicious.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I don't consider any of them viable so I excluded them. I expect at least two drops after next weeks debate.

My money is on Huckabee and Santorum.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Boon posted:

Cardinal Dolan confirmed me as a Catholic.

A year later I was standing on the shore of a northern Wisconsin lake, drunk, proclaiming my renunciation of religion.

True story.

If you follow the standard arc you'll get married, have three kids, and rejoin the church sometime in your 40's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

Necc0 posted:

Also does anyone else have a feeling that Carson never intended to make it this far in the first place? I feel like he got in as another one of the hucksters and is now realizing he has to get out of this fast. Half-suspending your campaign so you can go on a book tour is really suspicious.
Wait he's literally on a book tour? I thought that was a metaphor for how these hucksters run for president to sell books and get cushy Fox News pundit jobs

• Locked thread