Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

Yo hey a patch just dropped!

Looks like the Blue Womb area is unlocked for real now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Also new items added as indicated by the blank spaces in the item collection screen.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Well, Lilith's fun times are over, they doubled the charges required for the box of friends. That seems kind of excessive to me?

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Einwand posted:

Well, Lilith's fun times are over, they doubled the charges required for the box of friends. That seems kind of excessive to me?

Glad I got her Greed kill earlier today then. Too bad, it was excellent chaos fun times.

Sartorius
Dec 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Also new items added as indicated by the blank spaces in the item collection screen.

I can confirm this. Just started a SPEED! run and got "No 2. - Uh Oh..." which gave Isaac a diaper. Not too sure what it does yet.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Thankfully I did Greed mode with her yesterday, anything else changes?

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

What do you mean by that?

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Glad I got her Greed kill earlier today then. Too bad, it was excellent chaos fun times.

Addenum to that, the incubus familiar seems to work properly with mom's knife now, so that's nice.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Watching Richard Hammer's stream. Looks like there are new trinkets as well.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

After several dozen resets, I can safely conclude that the Greed Mode shop no longer spawns a blood donation machine.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Einwand posted:

Man, I wanted to try the new boss rush with Lilith + a battery and get like 15 sets of familiars.At least I got this in Greed Mode yesterday with BFF + Mom's Contact Lens shielding all the shots, it was like playing a bullet hell game from the boss's perspective.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Kurtofan posted:

Thankfully I did Greed mode with her yesterday, anything else changes?

What do you mean by that?

The assumption is that it would be an actual floor instead of the weird mini-floor that Hush is on, but I guess the possibly I didn't consider earlier exists that it was merely a glitched achievement since that's happened before, too.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Apparently there was no puzzle to solve. The devs just played the fanbase like a fiddle and just time gated the content.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

The best puzzle is no puzzle at all.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
No changelog like usual right?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Dr. Fetus posted:

Apparently there was no puzzle to solve. The devs just played the fanbase like a fiddle and just time gated the content.

To be fair, right after The Lost unlock condition was datamined, he did say he wouldn't hide content behind a cryptic puzzle again. Apparently he kept to his word.

Edit: Reddit is saying Azazel's damage may have been nerfed.
Edit 2: The Glass Cannon apparently eats Soul Hearts now, too.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Nov 4, 2015

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

To be fair, right after The Lost unlock condition was datamined, he did say he wouldn't hide content behind a cryptic puzzle again. Apparently he kept to his word.

Edit: Reddit is saying Azazel's damage may have been nerfed.
Edit 2: The Glass Cannon apparently eats Soul Hearts now, too.

May nothing. Dude takes way longer to charge and can't one shot a lot of enemies anymore. He's trash now. I don't know why they did that considering they already made his range a bigger issue an Afterbirth.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

And now we have the full game(hopefully) :toot: time to go nuts

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Nov 4, 2015

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

For some reason, the narrator voice is gone?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Other changes I've seen mentioned: Greed Machine goes past 109, D7 is a 3 room charge, the pill/card narrator voice is gone,.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

For some reason, the narrator voice is gone?

The pill effects? A lot of people hated it, I thought they said they'd add an option for it.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Oh good, that voice was embarrassingly stupid. After MGSV, I don't need yet another foothold for my wife to relentlessly mock my video game play.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Cobalt60 posted:

Oh good, that voice was embarrassingly stupid. After MGSV, I don't need yet another foothold for my wife to relentlessly mock my video game play.

Exxxxxxxxplosive......... DIAHRRRRREAAAA

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Aaaaand Richard immediately loses the first run to the Hush post-patch by getting the Glass Cannon and not realizing it was changed.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
They waited this long to nerf Azael? :ughh:

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Another Greed Mode nerf: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=547798533

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Dr. Fetus posted:

May nothing. Dude takes way longer to charge and can't one shot a lot of enemies anymore. He's trash now. I don't know why they did that considering they already made his range a bigger issue an Afterbirth.

Are there any known new unlocks for Azazel beyond Maw of the Void from killing Hush? I got that literally like three hours before the patch dropped.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Is that per machine or does it persist when it spawns on other floors?

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Diplopia doubled daddy longlegs does actually work. With BFF it's like you're not even playing the game.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Is that per machine or does it persist when it spawns on other floors?

No idea, I don't actually have Afterbirth so all my info comes from the Cobalt/Richard marathon or Reddit, basically.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I wonder if the version of Afterbirth that was first released was like an early build or something shoved onto us, and now we got the actual final release or something.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Dr. Fetus posted:

I wonder if the version of Afterbirth that was first released was like an early build or something shoved onto us, and now we got the actual final release or something.

They couldn't get edmunds wife to do all the testing so they had an open beta on steam.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Well just killed the hush again, my run ended there and gave me ending 17 despite having the polaroid, so I guess that's fixed.

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS
So, earlier I posted that it wasn't gated content, that it was only to be unlocked.
Clearly I was wrong. My apologies.

For what it's worth, I think it's pretty stink to put it behind a timer which is what some people had guessed. What did it achieve...

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

I wonder why Azazel was nerfed. Seemed like he was in a good spot already. You had to get close to kit the enemy, but when you did you mulched them. A good high-risk, high-reward system.

truther posted:

So, earlier I posted that it wasn't gated content, that it was only to be unlocked.
Clearly I was wrong. My apologies.

For what it's worth, I think it's pretty stink to put it behind a timer which is what some people had guessed. What did it achieve...

It let Edmund have a laugh at the expense of all the people who ruined his fun last time. He figured out he couldn't outsmart the internet, and instead decided to troll it. I look forward to the posts where people scream "You didn't give us the full content at release like you promised! I demand a refund!" because you know someone will say that poo poo.

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Nov 4, 2015

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Alkydere posted:

I look forward to the posts where people scream "You didn't give us the full content at release like you promised! I demand a refund!" because you know someone will say that poo poo.

I'm not one to demand a refund, but that's literally what he did? :shrug:

e: in the sense of "buy the expansion, get 120+ new items" and then you paid your :10bux: and got 70-something, etc.
it's lovely, is what I'm saying.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Alkydere posted:

I wonder why Azazel was nerfed. Seemed like he was in a good spot already. You had to get close to kit the enemy, but when you did you mulched them. A good high-risk, high-reward system.

I guess because they changed/added a bunch of items that get around his range issue.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Oh, it is, it's a complete dick move. Just saying there are people who will freak out with way more outrage than needed.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Alkydere posted:

Oh, it is, it's a complete dick move. Just saying there are people who will freak out with way more outrage than needed.

Well that's just how people on the internet will react to everything :v:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

dis astranagant posted:

I guess because they changed/added a bunch of items that get around his range issue.

I guess Azazel goes into the "I hate playing this character unless I get specific items to fix him" pile for me then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Holy poo poo spider mod is in Afterbirth as a shop item, this is amazing :allears: