Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

If you use it again you'll open an orange hole. Jumping down one hole takes you to the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Alkydere posted:

Nope, forgot the name but it sounded like a surgical procedure, opened a door much like the blue one that goes to the Hush's hideout. I didn't take it, I was only on Basement 2 and was nowhere near strong enough to fight him. Unlimited charges, no use cost though. I'm guessing its purpose is "hey, you wanna go REAL fast kid?"

Other people have covered what it actually does but it's called Ventricle Razor and its flavor text is Short Cutter (good pun).

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Jibo posted:

Protip: Don't pick up Proptosis as Lilith unless you want your end to come to an end as soon as you wander into a "spiders on the far wall" room.

Afk in the room and the doors will eventually open on their own.

Alternatively attach a controller and enter a coop baby, you can then kill the flies with it and despawn it.

Regardless, those rooms don't end runs.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
If you use the blue hourglass after beating a boss and not getting a devil deal can you get another chance at it?

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Oraculum Animi posted:

The Flooded Caves floor is completely black. I've read other Mac users with similar problems.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/250900/discussions/0/490124466463751193/

And it also looks like someone found a fix.

Weird never had that on mine

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Xenogenesis posted:

Yeah, that's just the portal gun. Lets you drop two portals and transport between them anywhere on one floor.

Oh, that's actually really cool. I was afraid I would jump straight to Hush so I didn't use it.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

If you use the blue hourglass after beating a boss and not getting a devil deal can you get another chance at it?

Just tried for the gently caress of it and it seems like no it doesn't or maybe I'm just unlucky

I love the glowing hourglass so much. It's awesome to be able to pop chests in a challenge room and then just warp out if you get poo poo.

PantsBandit fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Nov 5, 2015

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Read posted:

Afk in the room and the doors will eventually open on their own.

Alternatively attach a controller and enter a coop baby, you can then kill the flies with it and despawn it.

Regardless, those rooms don't end runs.

I've heard people mention waiting out the door but I sat there for 6 minutes without them opening before giving up.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

PantsBandit posted:

getting the DD is seeded or not (and you have different DDs depending on red heart damage or not)

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Jibo posted:

I've heard people mention waiting out the door but I sat there for 6 minutes without them opening before giving up.

Huh, did you sit still? I thought it was 3 minutes before it'd open, maybe I'm mis-remembering though.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
I just got insanely lucky on my first attempt at the Brains challenge. Spirit of the Night from the first devil deal and then a ton of money in the next couple floors which eventually lead to buying the shop refill item. From their I bought a ton of stuff from the shop which included a full stock of soul hearts, the BFF, and the friend box. One of the devil deals gave me the item that spawns a permanent familiar when you take damage and it gave me the Lillith follower. Later on I also picked up the dark aura baby that boosts your damage. I even got a new follower called the Seraphim buddy or something when I found a pandora's box in the cathedral, but I didn't really notice what it did since everything died so quickly.

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Oraculum Animi posted:

The Flooded Caves floor is completely black. I've read other Mac users with similar problems.

Thanks for posting this, I was wondering wtf was up with that! I was thinking it was a design decision or something, but it seemed dumb, especially since the rest of the game is designed so well. I just picked up the game a few days ago, but I played the original a ton.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
That patch they're gonna do will fix the achievements it just hands to you, right? I got 'Blue Womb Unlocked' for just destroying a piece of poop.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

So apparently brimstone + my reflection = a brimstone that randomly jerks itself to the left or right so that you can never hit anything. Great.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

I really wish I'd bothered to do a greed run as azazel before they patched him to be complete garbage. Ironically I'd put it off because Azazel is boring as he was to strong but now... I think I"d rather be any other character in the game.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

PantsBandit posted:

So apparently brimstone + my reflection = a brimstone that randomly jerks itself to the left or right so that you can never hit anything. Great.

It's not random, it's the opposite of your movement.

In other Brimstone news: Loki's Horns + Tiny Planet is pretty cool on Azazel

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Oraculum Animi posted:

I'm playing on Mac and haven't had this problem. Guess I'm just lucky?
Shame though because the Flooded Caves are a cool area, too had it was soured for a bunch of people

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Fun Combo:

Get items: Shop refresher thing + 2 of diamonds card + card mimic

Go to shop with 6 or more coins, buy battery and use card mimic until you have 99 coins, or whatever.

Buy the pedestal items.
Buy the pedestal items.
Buy the pedestal items.
Buy the pedestal items.

Refill on coins

[goto 3]

Only trouble is the room gets filled pretty quickly with spacebar items... Or, for me, the pill bag or something makes the 2 of diamonds go away.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

PantsBandit posted:

It's not random, it's the opposite of your movement.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

Augus posted:

I'm playing on Mac and haven't had this problem. Guess I'm just lucky?
Shame though because the Flooded Caves are a cool area, too had it was soured for a bunch of people

Fortunately the fix I posted worked for me, I replayed until I got a Flooded Caves and it's got a floor. Apparently I just didn't have that file. So now I'm in the same boat as anyone else with the achievement post-it bug and whatever else is going on.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.twitch.tv/lethalfrag

So he got martyr and the car battery and completely destroyed greed mode with maggie, he's trying to get the bum transformation now and has tons of other poo poo.

Guess greed mode can still be destroyed with the right items. :v:

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
So is getting Ending 17 still bugged in the new patch or can I actually get it now?

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

So I'm doing the Have a Heart challenge and I completely broke it via getting a rainbow poop in the second room along with getting quad shot and brimstone.

There is just one little problem though...

Where the gently caress is the boss room??

If anybody feels like testing out the seed, it's 4AMN KTRO. I played through it again and again, no boss room spawn.

Lava Lamp Goddess fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Nov 5, 2015

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Alteisen posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/lethalfrag

So he got martyr and the car battery and completely destroyed greed mode with maggie, he's trying to get the bum transformation now and has tons of other poo poo.

Guess greed mode can still be destroyed with the right items. :v:

Shame he didn't get Super Bum. He did manage to get both Meat Boy and Bandage Girl though. Love how he managed to crash the game, also he had to turn down the gamma on his game because he was blinding his stream with the siezure bombs he was firing.

On another note, I love the new secret rooms with runes in them. I got one with 3 Jera runes, so I went back to my shop, bombed my donation box until I was dry, octupled the coins and items for sale, picked everything up, burned through all 8 Judgement cards, ended up with a pile of health ups on Cain, the little box, fanny pack and the sin robes (because a couple beggars were devil beggers).

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

So I'm doing the Have a Heart challenge and I completely broke it via getting a rainbow poop in the second room along with getting quad shot and brimstone.

There is just one little problem though...

Where the gently caress is the boss room??

If anybody feels like testing out the seed, it's 4AMN KTRO. I played through it again and again, no boss room spawn.

It's probably attached to one of the secret rooms.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

It's probably attached to one of the secret rooms.

Not that I could find. The super secret room is on the very bottom on the right, all it had was two pills in a red chest.

In the end I beat the challenge by getting two Full Health pills on the first floor and then Dr. Fetus. Not as fun as quad shot Brimstone, but it worked.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Alkydere posted:

On another note, I love the new secret rooms with runes in them. I got one with 3 Jera runes, so I went back to my shop, bombed my donation box until I was dry, octupled the coins and items for sale, picked everything up, burned through all 8 Judgement cards, ended up with a pile of health ups on Cain, the little box, fanny pack and the sin robes (because a couple beggars were devil beggers).

Those are really awesome if you curate what runes you've unlocked. I used to only have Jera unlocked so I could pretty much guarantee a few Jera runes per run. I unlocked the blank rune, though, so now that room gets filled with a mixture of both. It's surprisingly fun!

Brains! is still some loving bullshit, though. I have cleared every other challenge. I can't think of anything besides Lost runs that requires you to get carried in such a specific way to even complete it. I don't see any reason why that challenge has you playing as Blue Baby or why it goes all the way to the Chest. If it went to Cathedral and you played as Judas or someone who could get red hearts it would be much much much better. There's just so few items that even do anything in that challenge since it's not like you have Dr. Fetus where the explosions scale with your damage. The only damage upgrades you can get are the ones that specifically modify bomb damage or bomb effects.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Uh I'm doing the I Rule challenge and my Dark Room has no boss room for The Lamb. I wonder if that's intentional or not.

EDIT: aaand Mega Satan is broken. Well I was gonna die anyway.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Nov 5, 2015

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

I haven't seen this posted but temperence cards give demon beggars in greed mode now.

Irving.jpg
Feb 5, 2007

Rhythm and blues.
Did a fix for the missing items go through? Seen alot of items I have never seen before in the past hour.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

So is getting Ending 17 still bugged in the new patch or can I actually get it now?

You can get it, but be warned: The next Hush you kill will end the game to trigger the ending, so no chest/dark room for that floor.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Finding new items, going to platinum god, and not seeing them listed there yet is a deeply unsettling experience.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

flyboi posted:

I also noticed (pre-latest patch) that Guppy's flies tend to bug out pretty hard on Hush's various forms. After having a legit OP build get trashed from the flies not targeting Hush anymore and then a few freezes in a row I've quit giving a poo poo about even trying the boss anymore.

Oddly enough I had picked up three Guppy items on that run and didn't transform. I got to thinking that maybe I was mistaken, but when I checked, I had 9 lives, the collar, and the tail, and I'd picked up the paw as well at one point.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Fuego Fish posted:

Oddly enough I had picked up three Guppy items on that run and didn't transform. I got to thinking that maybe I was mistaken, but when I checked, I had 9 lives, the collar, and the tail, and I'd picked up the paw as well at one point.

Were you getting the flies? I had a run the other night where I got 3 pieces with no visual transformation but was still getting the flies (I already had flight so I'm not sure if that would've worked)

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

PantsBandit posted:

Were you getting the flies? I had a run the other night where I got 3 pieces with no visual transformation but was still getting the flies (I already had flight so I'm not sure if that would've worked)

It was hard to tell because I'd gotten the knife, but I don't think I was. It was hard to tell regardless because of the Shears failure getting me killed repeatedly.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Fuego Fish posted:

It was hard to tell because I'd gotten the knife, but I don't think I was. It was hard to tell regardless because of the Shears failure getting me killed repeatedly.

Oh, that would explain it. Yeah for some reason, Guppy doesn't work with Mom's Knife at all. You want to avoid that if you transformed into Guppy.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is Broken Stopwatch bugged right now? I've never seen it speed enemies up since Afterbirth.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
Finally beat the Brains! challenge. Ended up getting the Shield in an Angel Room along with the Hourglass in my respawning shop. Then I finally got Dark Bum in the chest, and a room with all the Terratoma likes got me up to like 6 HP. I ended up not really needing the HP since the Shield is OP against bullet hell. There's a few small tweaks they could make to that challenge to make it so much better.

RatHat posted:

Is Broken Stopwatch bugged right now? I've never seen it speed enemies up since Afterbirth.

Shh...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpruceZeus
Aug 13, 2011

RatHat posted:

I've seen it speed up. I got it on a run the day Afterbirth came out.