Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
I use cdkeys all the time and never had an issue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

This robocop autopistol is making me real happy after all the wierdo pipeguns.

I just saw this post and now I'm more hyped for the game that I've ever been.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Looks like the ending is out of the bag, possibly

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
The ending is that war... war never changes.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
only Fallout4 days to go friends!

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Isn't it 3?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Pwnstar posted:

Isn't it 3?

Fallout 3 has been out for ages you silly

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Shooting Blanks posted:

Will this game require Steam, i.e. if I order a key from a 3rd party site, will it work on my Steam account? Or has Bethesda decided to go their own route similar to Ubisoft?

My Google-fu is weak because it's so late, but thinking of ordering from here since it's fairly cheap: http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/fallout-4-pc-cd-key-steam

Also wondering if that site is legit, never used them before.

I've used that website before without any issue, and have pre-ordered a key with them for Fallout 4. They'll send you a code that you activate in Steam.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Shooting Blanks posted:

Will this game require Steam, i.e. if I order a key from a 3rd party site, will it work on my Steam account? Or has Bethesda decided to go their own route similar to Ubisoft?

My Google-fu is weak because it's so late, but thinking of ordering from here since it's fairly cheap: http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/fallout-4-pc-cd-key-steam

Also wondering if that site is legit, never used them before.

cjs-cdkeys.com is the one I always use, and they're cheap and have always worked fine for me

E: I wouldn't bother just yet though, because the keys are only going out 12-24 hours before release.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Pwnstar posted:

Isn't it 3?

today tomorrow day after and day after that.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

It's actually 5.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
Time doesn't travel in a straight line therefore the game has been out for an infinite length of time.

I still haven't finished the main storyline.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
I survived because the fire inside burned brighter than the fire around me.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

pls close the thread with this as the last post

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

John F Bennett posted:

It's actually 5.

are you talking about the inevitable steam cannot unlock bug due to happen at zero hours?

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

VideoGames posted:

are you talking about the inevitable steam cannot unlock bug due to happen at zero hours?

Fri-Sat-Sun-Mon-Tue

It's how we do the counting where I'm from.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

John F Bennett posted:

Fri-Sat-Sun-Mon-Tue

It's how we do the counting where I'm from.

i thought it unlocks at 00:00 on tuesday?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

VideoGames posted:

i thought it unlocks at 00:00 on tuesday?

Yeah I don't imagine you'll be doing a whole lot of waiting on Tuesday itself.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

3 days and 19 hours according to Steam.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

The time you will spend waiting on Tuesday night will be day number 5.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Who cares.

I'm gonna make a RoboCop character decked out in metal armour with the autopistol

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008
So digging through for information on the net I found this cool little tidbit that got me really excited for the modding future of this game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCXEsoDA5Cc

the idea of organic factions being a thing is really cool, especially since you're already building settlements for your folks.

This, on top of all the things included in the vanilla are really setting the hype meter to overload!

Edit: For those wondering, the video is a...i guess well known modder for skyrim talking about projects for FO4, including adding organic factions and a new type of A.I. to add a new layer of strategy.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

John F Bennett posted:

The time you will spend waiting on Tuesday night will be day number 5.

which is why i said

VideoGames posted:

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I was thinking more about things like having to go to work. I'll be doing the PS4 version.

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.

Frankston posted:

Who cares.

I'm gonna make a RoboCop character decked out in metal armour with the autopistol

Aim dicks.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

:/ but think we're ok.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
having worked at GAME in the past, they are a terrible business with awful practices and I am truly sorry to all gamers who bought things through them

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Yeah GAME are loving poo poo and have been for awhile, i havent ordered anything from since that time they canned all the preorders of the mass effect 3 collectors edition like a few weeks from release, they were the only store in the uk doing it until ea told them to go eat dick and amazon picked them up.

Probably the same thing happend again here, GAME was the only place for this lovely looking pipboy edition and i bet they've had thier stock canned again because they are 2 inches away from going into administration.

Mr Cuddles
Jan 29, 2010

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
somebody theorycraft me a vampire ghoul outsider character who travels alone killing people and nicking their poo poo

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Got my code from GMG, is the preload of this fantastic game up already?!

dd209
Sep 21, 2015
Key still unavailable for me from GMG.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

They're being sent out now.

quote:

Fallout 4 Update: It's the news you've all been waiting for. Keys are being loaded up and sent out from now. Please be aware this may take a few hours simply due to the thousands upon thousand of orders we've received for this title, so don't worry if you don't get your key immediately, it will come!

Preload begins today from 9PM UTC so there's plenty of time to get Fallout 4 installed ready for the game's launch on November 10th. If you've been holding off, do be aware that our extra special Fallout voucher will give you a smooth 20% off. Just enter FALLOU-T20PER-CNTOFF at the checkout!

Thanks for being patient everyone! The wait is almost over

E:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7I-6BWkXTU

Daztek fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Nov 6, 2015

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

King Vidiot posted:

It's like the modelling department knew the script was a self-serious pile of family drama bullshit so they purposefully designed the most ridiculous clothing they could think of to counterbalance it.

lol @ bethesda having a modeling dept. am i rite?

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Looks like the ending is out of the bag, possibly

There's an angry post over on reddit about how, if you post/comment, trolls are private messaging the ending to you.

People are being vicious with this.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Do people really want a great big plastic hunk of poo poo that badly?

The metal lunchbox, bobble head and artbook that came with 3 was actually a good special edition.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
New vegas had the best collectors edition out of the lot. Along with best game too. Just in case anyone forgot that fact.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Got my fiber installed today, 25mbps, now just waiting for the key to preload :getin: (assuming cdkeys.com is not a scam site)

This will be a long weekend... Can't wait to start setting my dog on fire

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Is there a build discussion thread floating around? I've got some ideas, just like to see what other folks are shooting for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

New Leaf posted:

Is there a build discussion thread floating around? I've got some ideas, just like to see what other folks are shooting for.

Do we know if the Perk:SPECIAL point trade-off is 1:1?

• Locked thread