Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

You've got to be kidding me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

Theta Zero posted:

:lron:

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Theta Zero posted:

well yeah, obviously

thats kind of the entire tone of the game

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Theta Zero posted:

Yeah I know who plays at tiny 5:4 resolution these days?

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Away all Goats posted:

Well the nailgun's thing is lots of ricochets so maybe the nailbomb is similar? Although functionally yeah, it's pretty much identical to a frag grenade.

Frankly they should give the gunslinger sticks of dynamite (to complete the cowboy/western theme) and give the demo cluster bombs or something.

Gunslinger should get the Dynamite, Demo should just get C4 has his grenade item. Since there's no reason to stack them ever (damage penalty) just make the first grenade press throw the C4 and the second detonate it.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

DatonKallandor posted:

Gunslinger should get the Dynamite, Demo should just get C4 has his grenade item. Since there's no reason to stack them ever (damage penalty) just make the first grenade press throw the C4 and the second detonate it.

This, then move the M79 to tier 2 and put the M32 in the game

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

DatonKallandor posted:

ClonedPickle posted:

This, then move the M79 to tier 2 and put the M32 in the game

This is a very good idea that should be implemented.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

on contact dynamite is one of the few things demo has going please don't take it away from my friend

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

She Bangs the Drums posted:

the flaw with Firebug is they have to close range and it takes the zeds time to die.
A good Commando can pop heads on sirens, husks, and bloats from far enough range to keep them form getting into play.
Still Commandos suck at killing big guys. the good thing is their guns are so light, you can pretty much carry anything, so its a great support class.
Jack of all Trades master of none.
Commando really doesnt have a narrow role so its not amazing in anything.
Personally I love being a Commando, so I can carry a SCAR a Medic SMG and some other wonderful Tier 3 weapon.
Plus my grenades are good.
Also my talents are really good. Call Out being a really good one.

Didn't Commando have bonus damage to all weapons at some point at the very start of the Early Access or is this one of those things I hallucinated? Because it is definitely a bonus that should be back if Tripwire really doesn't want to give the class recoil reduction.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I swear, every-loving-time I get to the end of wave 10, we wipe. Every time.
Double Fleshpounds at the start of the wave? Defeated with little difficulty. Double Fleshpounds at the end of the wave and everyone is still fine? Wipe within 30 seconds. :suicide:

Also, there seems to be an influx of low-level people in Suicidal recently. It looks like a mix of idiots using matchmaking and people trying to be smartasses and level up their low-level perks in Suicidal. Should get a little more kick-happy.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I still maintain commando is a pretty well defined trashman. They kill trash efficently. Firebug and demo can do it too but at greater risk. It's just not a very exciting role and not nearly justification for the 2-3 commandos I see on every pub team.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Mendrian posted:

I still maintain commando is a pretty well defined trashman. They kill trash efficently. Firebug and demo can do it too but at greater risk. It's just not a very exciting role and not nearly justification for the 2-3 commandos I see on every pub team.

A single Commando can do a lot of damage, but multiple Commandos aren't all that effective. It's better for one of them to switch to Firebug and help mop up the tightly-packed mobs so Commando can take out priority targets.

The only times multiple Commandos are really useful are in custom maps, which tend to have at least one large, wide-open space for Commandos to shine.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Mendrian posted:

My middling aim as well as taste in Wingman gameplay in co-op stuff does mean Commando's "Good at mid tier enemies" leanings and lots of ammo (if not as much as it used to have) appeal to me.

I do miss the Bullpup having a fun amount of bullets, instead of just "More bullets than the SCAR, which also has less bullets now". It was very liberating being able to say gently caress it and full auto on trash every so often without putting your ammo longevity at risk.

This is also why I still don't touch the AK until Hans. It's guaranteed I'm gonna waste my expensive, low count ammo trying to carefully feather the trigger on Full Auto if I got an AK+SCAR.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

ZearothK posted:

Didn't Commando have bonus damage to all weapons at some point at the very start of the Early Access or is this one of those things I hallucinated? Because it is definitely a bonus that should be back if Tripwire really doesn't want to give the class recoil reduction.

I pointed this out and the thread disagreed strongly. I don't see a problem with it personally, there really is no jack of all trades class and Commando seems the perfect fit. I mean Gunslinger and Sharpshooter at the very least make the class pointless, the SWAT might make it superfluous. Commando lacks anyway to deal with big guys, making him a liability in clutch situations and close to useless vs a boss and compared to the Firebug he feels less ammo efficient. 25% flat damage increase sounds impressive up until you realize he'll be nowhere near a full replacement for any other class. At best this means a Commando is decent with a shotgun or M79/RPG-7, other classes complementary skills would still put them way above a Commando. But it does mean the Commando class would end up with more flexibility. You can make the class JoT, make it have better group support and passives, or make it more focused on utilizing ZED time, IMHO.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

closeted republican posted:

A single Commando can do a lot of damage, but multiple Commandos aren't all that effective. It's better for one of them to switch to Firebug and help mop up the tightly-packed mobs so Commando can take out priority targets.

The only times multiple Commandos are really useful are in custom maps, which tend to have at least one large, wide-open space for Commandos to shine.

I disagree. More than two Commandos is unnecessary and severely hinders the team, even in custom maps. Commandos simply just do not have the damage output to effectively deal with Scrakes and above. Before they improved turning time, yeah a single good Commando could solo a Scrake quite effectively but now with the ammo nerfs it just isn't worth taking the damage.

If I drop into a game that has three Commandos already, I usually just leave. It's my favorite class and I enjoy playing it a lot but like someone else mentioned, it is a long range trashman. I suspect that they're going to deal with Firebug's ability to deal with Scrakes and FP as well once they patch in December.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames
yeah multiple Commandos on Normal or Hard is OK, but above that one is enough.
Even on Hard I perk over to something else if I see a Commando, just because it increases group survivability in later waves.
Which sucks because I love playing Commando. Killing Sirens and Stalkers with a careful 3 burst head shot from the Varmint rifle is so satisfying.

I thing Gunslinger is gonna be shifted to a long range Skrake/FP killer but suffers from low ammo? Thats my read at least. I dont think they will be trash killers, unless they are dueling their 9 mms.

No idea what SWAT is gonna be.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I thing Gunslinger is gonna be shifted to a long range Skrake/FP killer but suffers from low ammo? Thats my read at least.

I, uh, think that niche is gonna be pretty covered

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

yeah multiple Commandos on Normal or Hard is OK, but above that one is enough.
Even on Hard I perk over to something else if I see a Commando, just because it increases group survivability in later waves.
Which sucks because I love playing Commando. Killing Sirens and Stalkers with a careful 3 burst head shot from the Varmint rifle is so satisfying.

I thing Gunslinger is gonna be shifted to a long range Skrake/FP killer but suffers from low ammo? Thats my read at least. I dont think they will be trash killers, unless they are dueling their 9 mms.

No idea what SWAT is gonna be.

I'd like SWAT as a defensive-oriented class, having a bunch of shields and stunning weaponry. Here's a load of entirely unsolicited ideas:

Traits: Armor cost reduction (by level), stun duration increase (by level)
Stun gas grenades (min. 5 seconds of stun on non-enraged enemies)
Melee: Spiked Stunstick

Tier 1: Riot shield: Has some number of durability points that are expended as it takes hits to stop all damage; can bash to stumble enemies and do light damage; durability could be tied to an ammo counter-alike and reloaded at the shop or ammo boxes just like a gun.
Tier 2: Gas launcher: Who says Hans is the only one who gets to use chemical weapons? Load up a grenade launcher and whittle away enemy health. Allies are immune.
Tier 3: Anti-Zed shield: A riot shield dressed up with loads of spikes and armored bits. Much higher durability and bash damage; also capable of causing knockdown on small Zeds.
Tier 4: Taser slug shotgun: Stuns, causes shock damage and stops red attack phases; increases damage on affected enemies.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
one of the weapon categories in the shop before it got updates was electric weapons so i'm going to be very sad if we don't have some kind of super-taser

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Metrohunter posted:

one of the weapon categories in the shop before it got updates was electric weapons so i'm going to be very sad if we don't have some kind of insane Tesla coil lightning caster

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
It would be neat if SWAT was a class meant to function like a personification of Z.E.D. gun in Killing Floor 1. That gun was fantastic.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

i just hope deagles spawn on the map again this time around, and they're relatively low in weight. off perk handcannon is like the bread and butter of KF1

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

i just hope deagles spawn on the map again this time around, and they're relatively low in weight. off perk handcannon is like the bread and butter of KF1

they're tier 3

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Ruggington posted:

they're tier 3

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

the 1858's might be dece

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Theta Zero posted:

It would be neat if SWAT was a class meant to function like a personification of Z.E.D. gun in Killing Floor 1. That gun was fantastic.

I'dd be happy if SWAT was a pure tank. Laughs off SC and FP damage and can draw aggro, but at the cost of weak weapons.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
SWAT has to follow the rules of engagement, starting with verbal warnings, and arresting the ZEDs alive if possible.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

ponzicar posted:

SWAT has to follow the rules of engagement, starting with verbal warnings, and arresting the ZEDs alive if possible.

*shoots clot in the back seven times*

SIR, STOP RESISTING

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

ponzicar posted:

Luckily KF2 isn't set in the US.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I wish the characters weren't completely lame in this game but its really great besides that.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

the best off-perk low weight gun to carry is the medic pistol

Mushball
May 23, 2012

ponzicar posted:

Killing a zed without a verbal warning should deduct dosh from the SWAT player for unlawful use of deadly force.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Mushball posted:

Killing a zed without a verbal warning should deduct dosh from the SWAT player for unlawful use of deadly force.

Except when they kill a crawler.

:thejoke:

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Mushball posted:

Tripwire should make the alt-fire key allow you to spam verbal warnings, like in SWAT 4.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I'm both looking forward to SWAT, and dreading more guns that need two headshots to kill a clot no matter how much ammo they have.

I've resigned myself to SWAT getting a flashbang instead of a satisfying murder grenade, because that's what SWATs always get in viddy games.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
Armor takes 2% less damage every level. 10th level perk adds 100 extra armor.
Riot shield which reduces incoming damage by 25% (blocking is an multiplicative 50%) in the area the shield protects. Can bash, throwing back and stumbling Zeds for minor damage. Can only be used in conjunction with onperk weapons, replaces secondary and bash actions, uses N to de/equip.
Stun Baton melee, 1s stun effect similar to EMP grenades.
Gas grenades, which deal DoT and cause Zeds to stumble about for 4s and lose target tracking. 15th level perk doubles the DoT and stumble time, OR 15th level perk which makes all explosives leave a gas cloud on detonation.

Just ridiculous amounts of crowd control (not necessarily trash clearing) and tankyness.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Section Z posted:

I'm both looking forward to SWAT, and dreading more guns that need two headshots to kill a clot no matter how much ammo they have.

I've resigned myself to SWAT getting a flashbang instead of a satisfying murder grenade, because that's what SWATs always get in viddy games.
They could end up with a concussion grenade that does insane stumble / knockdown.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Shumagorath posted:

They could end up with a concussion grenade that does insane stumble / knockdown.

Just as long as I'm not seeing half the clots caught in the explosion walk away alive like with Zerker grenades. I know canceling rage is super useful, but that's always such a letdown.

Maybe trash caught on the edge of Commando and Support explosions survive as well, but it's way more obvious when you see 4 clots drop dead and another 10+ with the electric effect still alive.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
When they introduce SWAT they will also introduce a baby zed that has a weakness to flashbangs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
SWAT's grenade will probably be some kind of CS gas that damages zeds like the Medic heal grenade.