Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I preordered on PS4 like a total console rube so I'll have plenty to say when the time comes

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Nov 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

ZenVulgarity posted:

When does obsidian get to make the good Fallout 4

Soon, I hope. They deserve the money that'd bring this time.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

Okay so with it being rememberance Sunday here in the U.K, I was thinking of all those who died in the war and all those in my own life who have passed away and while I was visiting my grandfather today,

I was sat beside his grave and I had a thought, before he died he always spent a bit of time with me every Sunday to watch me play games and to talk about general stuff, and one of the last games he watched me play was fallout 3, I don't remember much about what happened but I do remember explaining the lore to him and he seemed to really enjoy it, and after that he became quite ill and died suddenly, but anyways.

I've decided that tomorrow before I go to the midnight launch I'm going to visit my grandmother, spend some time with her and ask her for a picture of her and me grandfather when they were both younger,

and I'm going to recreate him and her in fallout 4, I can't think of anyone I'd rather play as at the beginning of this brand new adventure and I'm going to go on one last adventure with the old timer.

TL:DR going to make my first character in fallout 4 my deceased grandad and do on one last adventure with him.

Imagine the look of shock on her face when she sees what you have made of yourself without her.

If your groudon can take on the elite four all by himself and emerge victorious, then nothing is impossible.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

evilmiera posted:

Soon, I hope. They deserve the money that'd bring this time.

Me too. I hope they move it out of the south west tho, because between New Vegas and Wasteland 2 a change of scenery would be nice.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

also no more organzed nations, NCR vs legion plot was fukken lame just make the whole plot a revenge/personal discovery quest that doesnt have teh fate of the wasteland riding on you.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

This guy didn't use VATS even once, I hate him.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

I hate you

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I'm sorry to hear that.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I love all of you

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Eonwe posted:

I love all of you

There is nothing but love in this thread. Except for newspapers.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

evilmiera posted:

There is nothing but love in this thread. Except for newspapers.

I, for one, support news.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Agean90 posted:

Me too. I hope they move it out of the south west tho, because between New Vegas and Wasteland 2 a change of scenery would be nice.

Seattle or Denver would be nice.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Mokinokaro posted:

Seattle or Denver would be nice.

kinda want to see an atlanta or miami focused game

Fallout Vice

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I want Fallout in Canada. There will be no raiders and you can beat the game without combat.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Press "Eh" to advance conversation

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Lizard Wizard posted:

This guy didn't use VATS even once, I hate him.
His mod stack might have removed VATS because most modders are bad.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

sout posted:

Press "Eh" to advance conversation
Boo this man.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Florida would be great. We've already got feral ghouls (methheads), insane cultists (scientologists), and giant piles of colorful scrap to explore (disney world)

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

The Bahamas. Upgrade your pirate ship with laser cannons. Get the Parrot skin DLC for ED-E.

Post bombs Disney World would be pretty fun. Cannibalistic bandits running about in old costumes and so on.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Eonwe posted:

I love all of you

Same to all. We should all love each other gamers.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

Shumagorath posted:

His mod stack might have removed VATS because most modders are bad.

Any individual mod normally works fine, all the crazy poo poo happens when you install 1500 at once...and that's when it gets fun :getin:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

alarumklok posted:

Florida would be great. We've already got feral ghouls (methheads), insane cultists (scientologists), and giant piles of colorful scrap to explore (disney world)

instead of a closed gate or a mountain, the maps border can be a vast tangle of man-eating kudzu

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Hey guys got a bunch of sarcastic praise comments for Bethesda for delivery. Think its enough for a good 50 pages. Who wants to sign for 'em?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
*raises paw*

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
I'm sure new york city is pretty wrecked in the cannon but I would have said the same thing about DC and they managed that so you'd think at some point they'd go whole hog and have fallout manhattan

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Wanna play Fallout in China

midwifecrisis
Jul 5, 2005

oh, have I got some GREAT news for you!

Sigma-X posted:

I am hoping it will be a fun game.

As someone who doesn't really care about mods anymore, but definitely hated how unstable the PC version of FO3 is, I am torn between getting it for PS4 where I can chill and play it on a 65" screen, or on my PC where I sit much closer to a 24" screen but not on the couch.

I feel like I am more likely to spill my beer at the computer than on the couch, plus the coffee table has more room for snacks.

Is there any mod for FO3 or Skyrim (other than the macho man randy savage dragon?) that makes modding worthwhile or should I just buy this on PS4?

Also my girlfriend is bad at twin sticks but fine with FPS controls but I feel like FO4 will be a good game to learn that because it doesn't really require skill because it has that pause targeting combat right?

The steamlink is coming out Tuesday for a reason buddy!

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Anybody streaming once you get it tomorrow? I cant afford atm, but I"d watch Goons play (without pipe pistols I hope) :ohdear:

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

You can start with a pipe pistol but goodness sake, upgrade it into a pipe SMG or something the moment you can.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I've made a solemn vow to never actually use a pipe pistol. I refuse. I've seen enough of the pipe pistol to last me a while with these idiotic pre-release streamers.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Falcon2001 posted:

Any individual mod normally works fine, all the crazy poo poo happens when you install 1500 at once...and that's when it gets fun :getin:
Yeah but a lot of those "difficulty balance" mods remove VATS because like Skyrim's Requiem mod they're completely ignorant of the last decade's advances in game design.

Minsky
May 23, 2001

I am hoping this will be my first Bethesda game that breaks the pattern of sinking 80 hours into the game yet never finishing it.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

Nasgate posted:

I want Fallout in Canada. There will be no raiders and you can beat the game without combat.
I think you can already do that in NV?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Minsky posted:

I am hoping this will be my first Bethesda game that breaks the pattern of sinking 80 hours into the game yet never finishing it.

The endings for Bethesda games are generally anticlimactic. Don't sweat it too much. It's about the journey, not the destination. The journey consisting of wandering around aimlessly, murdering people and then stealing their poo poo so you can stuff it all into a big cabinet in your house.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Fallout 4 seems like it will be a fun game.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Fallout 4 seems like it will be a fun game.

brave

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

How can I play tomorrow if I'm on the PC

drat you steammm

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

ZenVulgarity posted:

How can I play tomorrow if I'm on the PC

drat you steammm

Parasites

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Whoooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

what if like VATS? i'm gonna dump everything into perception so i don't ever have to aim. i am a toddler

• Locked thread