Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008
Been playing Glint/Dwarf Revenant with Sword+Axe/Hammer in SPVP. It's utterly disgusting, like a Dragonhunter and Thief had some kind of uber baby that vomits team buffs. 1v2 people through sheer damage and sustain, stability stomp all day, the best defensive team buffs in the game. I fear the nerfs coming when people figure out just how gross non-Shiro rev is.

Also Dwarf hammers are legitimately glitched. They stay up through everything, including dying, which is utterly hilarious if you plop your corpse down on a CQ point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I haven't done any PvP since HoT. I have to imagine the elite specs and Revenant are making it a total and glorious clusterfuck right now.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

malhavok posted:

Legendary Salad Stance.

Plant Mister.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Trogdos! posted:

I leveled my Guardian to 80 way back but didn't really like it. It felt like a slower, boring warrior to me.

But. I tried DH yesterday and Arus did not lie. Dragonhunter is Good. I gave the cat a new look to celebrate.

You're really making me want to start a dragonhunter now.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Lemon King posted:

Sair
May 11, 2007

Jhet posted:

So I want to play with a 360 controller and I know it's been mentioned before in here, but I can't find any specifics, especially now with the action camera. Can anyone who's familiar with this drop a few links for me so I can actually play more often? All I can find is stuff that's three years old when I search for it. Or do you still need to use XPadder and I'm just SOL?

Here's a guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3pnbqq/how_to_use_a_controller_with_the_new_action_camera/

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Thievery posted:

I was enjoying the last story mission until the second "Massive Attack" and neither being shielded or using updrafts worked.

gently caress am I restarting the fight from the beginning right now. Just too much HP on that guy.

What is even better is when you fail because of this and then it restarts the entire fight except for the parts of the island that have fallen away and now the rift is floating in space and you can't reach it.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Lemon King posted:

Do it, DH rules

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
What's the best/fastest way to get to 80 then?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

What's the best/fastest way to get to 80 then?

Honestly, tomes. If you don't have any, sPvP or WvW are probably faster than PvE. As well, use gw2crafts.net to powerlevel some easy levels for a little gold.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Harrow posted:

I haven't done any PvP since HoT. I have to imagine the elite specs and Revenant are making it a total and glorious clusterfuck right now.

Weirdly enough I haven't found this to be the case yet. I've only run into the occasional Reaper or Dragonhunter. It feels like I'm the only Scrapper even out there. I mean ffs I don't even run into Chronomancers and they seem tailor-made for PvP.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

mind the walrus posted:

Weirdly enough I haven't found this to be the case yet. I've only run into the occasional Reaper or Dragonhunter. It feels like I'm the only Scrapper even out there. I mean ffs I don't even run into Chronomancers and they seem tailor-made for PvP.

I rarely see Scrappers, Tempests or Daredevils. Reapers/Dragonhunters/Heralds are definitely the most common. I'll occasionally see a Chronomancer or another Druid every once in a while. I can't tell the difference between Warrior and Berserker at all.

Of course it might just be a case "these are the flashiest elite specs" and the ones that aren't flashy I don't notice.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Kerrrrrrr posted:

I rarely see Scrappers, Tempests or Daredevils. Reapers/Dragonhunters/Heralds are definitely the most common. I'll occasionally see a Chronomancer or another Druid every once in a while. I can't tell the difference between Warrior and Berserker at all.

Of course it might just be a case "these are the flashiest elite specs" and the ones that aren't flashy I don't notice.

I can always tell when theres a berserker nearby cause they'll scream "YOU CANT STOP ME" or somesuch then they shoot me in the face and I die instantly.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

I can always tell when theres a berserker nearby cause they'll scream "YOU CANT STOP ME" or somesuch then they shoot me in the face and I die instantly.

Rifle however is pretty rare in sPvP due to how easy it is to fight against it. You can easily tell someone is a Berserker when they start glowing red, though. That's pretty much the main visual difference as few people use torch or any of the Berserker-only skills.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Liberatore posted:

Rifle however is pretty rare in sPvP due to how easy it is to fight against it. You can easily tell someone is a Berserker when they start glowing red, though. That's pretty much the main visual difference as few people use torch or any of the Berserker-only skills.
They are wrong.

A proper berserker should be throwing fire everywhere and some of those Rage skills are actually quite good. Also more fire.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Liberatore posted:

Its not easy where there are 4 guildies target bursting you :shepface:

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
So, the bug where you don't get any rewards for 100%ing a heart of thorns map if you already had 100% world completion prior, is that something they are going to hand out the rewards to eventually in a patch, or am I permanently boned out of the items that are required for the collection from 100%ing the map?

Or do I have to send in a support ticket or whats the situation on that.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

So, the bug where you don't get any rewards for 100%ing a heart of thorns map if you already had 100% world completion prior, is that something they are going to hand out the rewards to eventually in a patch, or am I permanently boned out of the items that are required for the collection from 100%ing the map?

They are offering players a 15% XP boost for 24 hours if they want to reroll.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

You're not boned, once they fix it you'll get your rewards. Many people are on the same boat.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

ItBurns posted:

They are offering players a 15% XP boost for 24 hours if they want to reroll.

Don't forget the generous allowance of daily Boom Boxes

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

Its not easy where there are 4 guildies target bursting you :shepface:

At that point the Warrior is overkill, and you'd die just as easily to any combination of four classes.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Schpyder posted:

Pray for my 970 and drives, goons. I really don't want this computer death to run up into the $1k+ range. :pray:
Don't worry, the only things you're missing are me running guild missions terribly and said missions not giving credit.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Insert name here posted:

Don't worry, the only things you're missing are me running guild missions terribly and said missions not giving credit.
If you were around on Saturday you had that experience except with me running them instead :haw:

I imagine everyone's very sad at the lack of hero point trains at the moment, though.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Thunderbro posted:

Been playing Glint/Dwarf Revenant with Sword+Axe/Hammer in SPVP. It's utterly disgusting, like a Dragonhunter and Thief had some kind of uber baby that vomits team buffs. 1v2 people through sheer damage and sustain, stability stomp all day, the best defensive team buffs in the game. I fear the nerfs coming when people figure out just how gross non-Shiro rev is.

Also Dwarf hammers are legitimately glitched. They stay up through everything, including dying, which is utterly hilarious if you plop your corpse down on a CQ point.

This sounds rad, got a build + Runes/Amulet? :allears:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kenshin posted:

They are wrong.

A proper berserker should be throwing fire everywhere and some of those Rage skills are actually quite good. Also more fire.

This right here, you can make a hilariously bursty fire build combined with sword bleeds, best of all people need to hurt themselves to fight you most of the time.

And yea reaper is just amazing, I can actually handle HoT mobs now.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
I've finished Scrapper, Chronomancer, and Herald. I think I like Scrapper best so far. I'm going to get my Necro to Reaper soon and maybe my Charrdian to Dragonhunter someday. I'm really bad at Guardian.
Berserker, Daredevil, Druid, and Tempest are getting a pass.
I understand Scrapper and kit swapping for survival. Drones play into being more mobile which is necessary in Maguuma.
Chronomancer is nice, but I haven't been able to get a handle on Alacrity or phantasm builds. I'm still used to clone shattering.
Herald seems boring. Turn on facets, poo poo out boons, auto attack.

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
When are HP trains usually happening? I've just stayed up until 3 AM waiting for the end of guild missions and then it turned out noone was actually running one. :v: I want in on that dragonhunter goodness

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Usually there's something going between 10pm - 1am PDT, so from your time estimate I guess around 7-10 in the morning?

If you're in [GOON] just ask in chat or harangue me via whisper (BIAJ.4782). If I'm not around, Mercurius is usually doing one around the same time as well.

Roc
Nov 8, 2010

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Entenzahn posted:

When are HP trains usually happening? I've just stayed up until 3 AM waiting for the end of guild missions and then it turned out noone was actually running one. :v: I want in on that dragonhunter goodness
Schpyder used to run them daily but his computer exploded so he'll be out for a few days. Mercurius runs a few if he can but he was at work today so yeah.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
This chillmancer build is making me wonder if I can make my character look like Mr Freeze from Batman and Robin as much as I can and set up macros to spam freeze related puns.

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward

Brain In A Jar posted:

Usually there's something going between 10pm - 1am PDT, so from your time estimate I guess around 7-10 in the morning?

If you're in [GOON] just ask in chat or harangue me via whisper (BIAJ.4782). If I'm not around, Mercurius is usually doing one around the same time as well.

Thanks! Though I can't play at that time outside the weekend. So I guess next saturday I'll get up early, unless I happen to catch a train before that.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Attention Thread:
Please share a good and great Condition Berserker build. I want an excuse to play my Warrior and Sword/Torch looks pretty boss.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Insert name here posted:

Schpyder used to run them daily but his computer exploded so he'll be out for a few days. Mercurius runs a few if he can but he was at work today so yeah.
I am Oceanic timezone so won't be around for HP trains during times US people can make them until Friday night :rip:

Inzombiac posted:

Attention Thread:
Please share a good and great Condition Berserker build. I want an excuse to play my Warrior and Sword/Torch looks pretty boss.
I have no idea how good this is in practice but it has 100% bleed/burn duration and tons of bonus condi damage and you can use your primal bursts all the goddamn time (both sword and longbow barf out fire everywhere). Also, critting something with burning puts burning on everything around the thing you crit.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAsfTnMdAVeglkCukCcigFoA7oJEASZKHhL3Q4t1Wb3tA-TRSCQBJ7JAYl1HCn5v4pPAA2AEQ1fU2pA4VKBfmyPCBsYNA-e

The downside is it uses Viper gear (expensive) and Nightmare runes (from Twilight Arbor dungeon tokens).

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
This is what I put together a while ago.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAsfTnckCVeg1eA+dAciglpA74IEAGZKBhIXP490+artA-TRRAABAcCAsW9nd2fIgHAg06BAA-e

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual

Spookyelectric posted:

I think it's time to try the Revenant. What's a good name for a salad Revenant?

M.C. Piss

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mercurius posted:

I have no idea how good this is in practice but it has 100% bleed/burn duration and tons of bonus condi damage and you can use your primal bursts all the goddamn time (both sword and longbow barf out fire everywhere). Also, critting something with burning puts burning on everything around the thing you crit.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAsfTnMdAVeglkCukCcigFoA7oJEASZKHhL3Q4t1Wb3tA-TRSCQBJ7JAYl1HCn5v4pPAA2AEQ1fU2pA4VKBfmyPCBsYNA-e

The downside is it uses Viper gear (expensive) and Nightmare runes (from Twilight Arbor dungeon tokens).

Hmmm. I cannot readily get Viper but I've toyed with the idea of going Dire to be a tank that makes your blood burn to death.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Aleph Null posted:

Chronomancer is nice, but I haven't been able to get a handle on Alacrity or phantasm builds. I'm still used to clone shattering.

Chronomancer is great for shatters, and made shatter builds strong in PvE too. You get alacrity on shatters (and from your wells, which are all strong, and from your shield phantasms), together with either quickness (pvp) or regenerated phantasms (pve) on shatter. Congratulations, 4-illusion Mind Wrack every 7.2 seconds.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Waci posted:

Chronomancer is great for shatters, and made shatter builds strong in PvE too. You get alacrity on shatters (and from your wells, which are all strong, and from your shield phantasms), together with either quickness (pvp) or regenerated phantasms (pve) on shatter. Congratulations, 4-illusion Mind Wrack every 7.2 seconds.

Does Alacrity make shatters recharge faster, too? I didn't realize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Inzombiac posted:

Hmmm. I cannot readily get Viper but I've toyed with the idea of going Dire to be a tank that makes your blood burn to death.
Warrior Sword and Longbow have pretty decent power scaling so you're best off doing either Sinister (if you're okay being a glass cannon) or something like Carrion (since you can get 40% crit from talents/fury pretty easily) if you want something a little more tanky. Given warrior already has the highest base HP and heavy armour I'm really not sure anything tanky is actually necessary, especially for PvE, but whatever floats your boat.

Nilgoow's build is basically the same as the one I posted with slightly different utility skills, Sinister instead of Viper and the sword crit talent instead of the condi damage from fury talent. I'm just a :spergin: and like to have as much condi duration as humanly possible so I'm seriously considering putting together a set of gear for that build I posted earlier.

Mercurius fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Nov 9, 2015

• Locked thread