Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pacmania90
May 31, 2010
No one is going to remember what time the game unlocked a week from now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

enraged_camel posted:

I don't like that a good 25% of the map is ocean. Seems like a cheap way to increase the size of the map...

It's a coastal city, what do you expect?

Anyways, what's the cheapest place to get PC fallout 4? I'm buying into the hype

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Where da twitch stream at?

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

counterfeitsaint posted:

God dammit.

Can you imagine how much good will Bethesda would earn if they unlocked it world wide right now?

can you imagine how pissed big retail stores would be at bethesda if they unlocked it world wide right now

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

ShadowMar posted:

can you imagine how pissed big retail stores would be at bethesda if they unlocked it world wide right now

Delete retail stores, unlock digital games at same time everywhere.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

ShadowMar posted:

Would anybody actually notice? What's the percentage of people who are capable of getting digital sales, but chose to buy a physical copy, but then are going to change their mind on the last day?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

frajaq posted:

Which console? Xbone looks fine

were xbox review copies even made available? i thought it was just pc/ps4

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

I don't see what's so bad about this but I'm retarded

I played FO3/FO:NV/Skyrim day one all on PS3 so yah retarded. FONV was the worst.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
guns big

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Walrus Pete posted:

What was your point then? That they should've dried up the ocean? Shifted the map to the left, so they could include more empty wasteland? Or was it actually all about the literal size of the map, as if anyone could possibly care about that these days?

They should have shifted the map to the left, but that doesn't mean it has to be "empty wasteland".

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

pacmania90 posted:

No one is going to remember what time the game unlocked a week from now.

This a thousand times. Don't you have jobs or something?

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Any idea if melee is a viable build? If all these ghouls and crabfolk are going to be in my face constantly I might as well smash them with a flaming sword.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

counterfeitsaint posted:

Would anybody actually notice? What's the percentage of people who are capable of getting digital sales, but chose to buy a physical copy, but then are going to change their mind on the last day?

its not the customers they're worried about, it's the retail companies

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Max "Fallout 4 is unappreciated in it's own time, like my movie" Landis

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

ShadowMar posted:

its not the customers they're worried about, it's the retail companies

Well.... yeah. Wanna take a guess who the retail companies are worried about?

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

lol

Koala Cola
Dec 21, 2005

I am the stone that the builder refused...

gromdul posted:

Any idea if melee is a viable build? If all these ghouls and crabfolk are going to be in my face constantly I might as well smash them with a flaming sword.

Melee has always been very viable

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

enraged_camel posted:

They should have shifted the map to the left, but that doesn't mean it has to be "empty wasteland".

The game is going to have the amount of content they had the time and resources to make. More landmass would just make it more spread out. The game is set in and around a coastal city, I don't see a problem in having a bunch of ocean on the map.

counterfeitsaint posted:

Well.... yeah. Wanna take a guess who the retail companies are worried about?

Themselves, because they're on the road to irrelevance and they know it.

pacmania90
May 31, 2010
You guys really care a lot about the exact hour and minute this game is coming out. I bet if Bethesda suddenly delayed this game a week, some goons in this thread would commit suicide.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

counterfeitsaint posted:

God dammit.

Can you imagine how much good will Bethesda would earn if they unlocked it world wide right now?

Yeah, I can: not enough to care about.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
Why does every goon-recommended streamer sound severely autistic?

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

pacmania90 posted:

You guys really care a lot about the exact hour and minute this game is coming out. I bet if Bethesda suddenly delayed this game a week, some goons in this thread would commit suicide.

you should commit suicide stop posting

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007
can i get a transform out of here?

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

you should commit suicide stop posting

wow nice post bro

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Wow, my bad guys, sorry. I didn't realize how spergy and uncool it was to be anxious to play Fallout 4, I'll stop posting about it now and let you get back to your endless posting and reposting terrible streams, which is way cooler and not spergy at all.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

counterfeitsaint posted:

Wow, my bad guys, sorry. I didn't realize how spergy and uncool it was to be anxious to play Fallout 4, I'll stop posting about it now and let you get back to your endless posting and reposting terrible streams, which is way cooler and not spergy at all.

I'm hoping that Amazon fucks up and ships my copy out early. Just saying.

pacmania90
May 31, 2010
Enthusiasm and joy are for losers. You should master the art of ironic detachment so you can feel superior to other people.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

Turds in magma posted:

wow nice post bro

:justpost:

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

pacmania90 posted:

Enthusiasm and joy are for losers. You should master the art of ironic detachment so you can feel superior to other people.

There's a difference between enthusiasm and this weird desperation to play the game at literally the earliest opportunity.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
Actually blind enthusiasm is the Kid's Choice right now.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Why... Why have I been thinking this was coming out next year? I seriously feel time displaced or something. I haven't been following it lately because I thought it was a 2016 game :psyduck:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

alright lets pass the time before the game is out

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

2house2fly posted:

There's a difference between enthusiasm and this weird desperation to play the game at literally the earliest opportunity.

"oh if i use this software, i can play the game a little early. neat!" sure does equal weird desperation

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

frajaq posted:

I can pretty easily hit bingo in the second column

counterfeitsaint posted:

I'm looking forward to the game too, I just think that the idea that releasing the game a few hours early would result in a massive show of goodwill is a bit silly and over the top

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

frajaq posted:

Presumably this is per page otherwise it isn't fair.

pacmania90
May 31, 2010

2house2fly posted:

If people are so desperate to play the game, there are plenty of stores that already have copies available. Sure, you'd have to steal it, but that's nothing for a true fan of the series.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

pacmania90 posted:

If people are so desperate to play the game, there are plenty of stores that already have copies available. Sure, you'd have to steal it, but that's nothing for a true fan of the series.

using a vpn = stealing

you heard it here first folks

pacmania90
May 31, 2010

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

"oh if i use this software, i can play the game a little early. neat!" sure does equal weird desperation

You sound like a drug addict in denial about their addiction. You need to take a good, long look at yourself.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

frajaq posted:

The bugs making stuff funnier one is legit though, I can give a pass to a game if their biggest technical sin is goofy poo poo spazzing out sometimes.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

HATE VPNS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Paul
Aug 2, 2009

Bethesda is straight up incompetent and this game is going to be terrible. Later.

• Locked thread