Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

It looks surprisingly good considering well, it's RT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Venom Snake posted:

It looks surprisingly good considering well, it's RT.

I'm, personally, not a fan of Dynasty Warrior-style games. It does make sense for this series.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Drakengard's better.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
The gif with the cookies is good.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I wanna hear more about Bleach sucks because I stopped reading after Aizen was captured. As goons we love talking poo poo about stuff and I'm giving you permission to just loving unload all your hatred and disappointment here, in this thread, this RWBY thread.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
It took me a minute to get that team NDGO was a reference to their Indiegogo campaign for Lazerteam. :allears:

I wonder if there's been any fan art of Jeaune meeting Jeanne from Fate.

RWBY is crazy popular, at Otakuthon Montreal the RWBY panel was basically packed full with people sitting on the ground and aside from the RTX trailer nothing new was really talked about. Like RvB if it's profitable than RT is probably since it already invested this much already is going to keep going with it.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Raenir Salazar posted:

It took me a minute to get that team NDGO was a reference to their Indiegogo campaign for Lazerteam. :allears:

I wonder if there's been any fan art of Jeaune meeting Jeanne from Fate.

RWBY is crazy popular, at Otakuthon Montreal the RWBY panel was basically packed full with people sitting on the ground and aside from the RTX trailer nothing new was really talked about. Like RvB if it's profitable than RT is probably since it already invested this much already is going to keep going with it.

Indigo.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Covok posted:

I'm, personally, not a fan of Dynasty Warrior-style games. It does make sense for this series.

Musou games kick rear end dude

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Musou games kick rear end dude

haha you're a funny guy. that's a good joke.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

It's both?

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Raenir Salazar posted:

Was the Q&A session dominated by shipping?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Level Slide posted:

Yes. :blush:

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
I have only been to a single anime panel. The convention was on my college campus so I thought poo poo why not lets go on a safari I'm already here.

It was titled "The Art of Shipping 2" because I guess there was too much shipping to fit into just one panel.

I wasn't aware there were that many female pedophiles out there but apparently you just have to know where to look.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Level Slide posted:

This is going to be inevitable when even the voice actresses for the main characters are shippers :laugh:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Shipping has always perplexed me.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Covok posted:

That is because you are not a teenaged girl.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Covok posted:

It's like being a matchmaker, but without having to deal with the fallout in case you're wrong, and still feel validated if you're proven right. Playing Cupid is a skill, and it needs to be honed somehow, so they get together and talk shop. Shipping results. Nothing mystifying about it, really.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Covok posted:

It's basically plot speculation, which is always fun. Except it's about romance, so folks get a bit more highly-strung about it than usual. Any thread for a work of fiction will be filled with lots of 'hey wouldn't it be cool if...' and 'it sucks that they didn't...' - shipping is just another, slightly more wild-eyed form of that.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Pierson posted:

I wanna hear more about Bleach sucks because I stopped reading after Aizen was captured. As goons we love talking poo poo about stuff and I'm giving you permission to just loving unload all your hatred and disappointment here, in this thread, this RWBY thread.

I'm not going to allow this

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

I saw the first episode of Bleach. Looks fine.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Battle Cattle, get out while you can. You don't want to turn out like us zombies in the bleach thread.

So, is season 3 of RWBY any good?

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
How much money could I make running fantasy-football but for anime pairings

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Pavlov posted:

How much money could I make running fantasy-football but for anime pairings

If you can make it some sort of phone game...

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Pierson posted:

Don't tempt me.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Covok posted:

As others mentioned, it's basically just a form of plot speculation. I really don't understand why people care about it, though; it's not like people freak out if they wrongly speculate about any other element of the plot. Many people act almost as if the people they're shipping are real human beings, and I can't really understand a sane human being having that mindset.

One thing I find kind of odd is that I don't remember shipping being a "thing" back when I was in high school and watched anime (2000-2004). It seems like it's only become common in more recent years. Not sure why that is, since romances in anime have always been around.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

it's not like people freak out if they wrongly speculate about any other element of the plot.

It's not nice to lie.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

The first episode of Bleach is no problem. The 300th* on the other hand...

*I have not watched up to 300 episodes of Bleach, nor do I know for sure that the anime got that far to begin with.

Anyway, I think I'm so hard on RWBY because of a personal reason. I first got into anime because it looked like a cartoon, but the events that happened in one episode carried over to the next. At the time, I thought all cartoons were such that everything would solve itself by the end of the episode, or reset to a baseline so that the next episode acts like the previous never happened. Because of this, something like Ash catching a Chikorita in one episode and him still having that Chikorita in every episode afterward (until he dropped her off at the lab) was a huge paradigm shift for little Level Slide.

Anime made me want something that had the spectacle of animation and the progression and characters of a drama. Ironically, anime started getting less and less effective at scratching that itch. Spend an entire childhood on the stuff and you start to notice the seams and imperfections. American cartoons never really picked up the slack, either. Or rather, the network executives that gave the OK for cartoons here never jumped on board with cartoons being anything other than episodic comedies. No room for character development and poo poo with those. At the time there was Avatar and Wakfu, if I can branch out into non-Japanese cartoons in general, but that was more or less it. And then RWBY comes out and, what with it not being beholden to any network, I thought it'd have what I was looking for. What I got was RWBY.

I wanted RWBY to be something it wasn't, and that's on me. That said, it still sucks.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Tales of people getting owned by rwby is very

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I wanted anime without that fat, instead I got half the anime and twice the fat.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Ytlaya posted:

As others mentioned, it's basically just a form of plot speculation. I really don't understand why people care about it, though; it's not like people freak out if they wrongly speculate about any other element of the plot. Many people act almost as if the people they're shipping are real human beings, and I can't really understand a sane human being having that mindset.

Most other fan speculations are generally more grounded in evidence from the series. Way too much shipping is often trying to look too deeply in any interactions the shipped characters have. Plus, I think a lot of it has to do with caring about the love-lives of characters in series not focused on romance.

quote:

One thing I find kind of odd is that I don't remember shipping being a "thing" back when I was in high school and watched anime (2000-2004). It seems like it's only become common in more recent years. Not sure why that is, since romances in anime have always been around.

That's just the rise of the internet allowing shippers to reach out to others more easily.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Pavlov posted:

I have only been to a single anime panel. The convention was on my college campus so I thought poo poo why not lets go on a safari I'm already here.

It was titled "The Art of Shipping 2" because I guess there was too much shipping to fit into just one panel.

I wasn't aware there were that many female pedophiles out there but apparently you just have to know where to look.

i went to the table of my campus' anime club on the club fair day and it was stacked to the ceiling with kyoani merchandise

a good anime club. even though i didn't pursue it any further and made sure to not make eye contact with any of the people there

Pierson posted:

here you go

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2015-11-06/whatever-happened-to-bleach/.95031

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Kuroyama posted:

Most other fan speculations are generally more grounded in evidence from the series. Way too much shipping is often trying to look too deeply in any interactions the shipped characters have. Plus, I think a lot of it has to do with caring about the love-lives of characters in series not focused on romance.

That's just the rise of the internet allowing shippers to reach out to others more easily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tc7MH5ZXbg

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm the guy who wrote all those words abotu bleach

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
you're a good man

Namtab posted:

I'm not going to allow this
you aren't

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

JordanKai posted:

Don't tempt me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VdQ6oMzV2U&t=15s

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Covok posted:

Battle Cattle, get out while you can. You don't want to turn out like us zombies in the bleach thread.

So, is season 3 of RWBY any good?

I watched the first two episodes. They were better than what I remember season 2 being, which is not saying much but still.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
It's the tournament thread they've been teasing for two whole seasons and the girls dropped their incredibly serious investigation into Roman's conspiracy (remember that? the one that caused a problem that could have been a huge gamechanger but was brushed over in 5minutes?) to go fight in it.

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Covok posted:

...What's the best place to stop watching Bleach?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Pierson posted:

It's the tournament thread they've been teasing for two whole seasons and the girls dropped their incredibly serious investigation into Roman's conspiracy (remember that? the one that caused a problem that could have been a huge gamechanger but was brushed over in 5minutes?) to go fight in it.

I still find it hilarious that's its three seasons in and we have the slightest inkling as to what the evil black haired lady's plan is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

BattleCattle posted:

...What's the best place to stop watching Bleach?

Now. Before you start.

• Locked thread