Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

IronicDongz posted:

None of them. In afterbirth some pennies are just "lucky pennies". You might have to unlock this somehow, but once you have it it's that way for good.

You unlock lucky pennies by donating one penny to Ultra Greed's machine after beating him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT
There really should be a possibility to get the Key Pieces from Devil Rooms. Having to leave Brimstone and two Guppy Pieces behind as the Lost only to find eternal hearts and other crap in the Angel Room is really discouraging. As if it isn't difficult enough to get to Mega Satan with the Lost to begin with.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I'm actually really surprised that they didn't let you blow up the devil statues to get keys in afterbirth.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Wugga posted:

There really should be a possibility to get the Key Pieces from Devil Rooms. Having to leave Brimstone and two Guppy Pieces behind as the Lost only to find eternal hearts and other crap in the Angel Room is really discouraging. As if it isn't difficult enough to get to Mega Satan with the Lost to begin with.

Doing a Lost Mega Satan run by getting key pieces sounds even more RNG-based than opening the door the other ways.

Dad's Key is always an option, and they added the Get Out of Jail Free card in Afterbirth. Chaos is also really strong in Afterbirth because it allows access to the Angel Room pool without having to skip Devil Rooms. That doesn't lead to the key pieces, but it does allow for more options in terms of carried Lost runs. It's a lot easier to pick up all the damage ups or Guppy pieces in the Devil Rooms, but then also still get Holy Mantle and Trinity Shield. So there's not as much need to go to Angel Rooms directly anymore.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Spergminer posted:

Tumor is cool, not every transformation has to be Guppy.

Which doesn't excuse the mushroom/syringe transformation :mad:

Someone discovered the syringe one gives you like, +4 damage or something. Makes it at least a bit decent.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

kemikalkadet posted:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/311690

I've had this on my steam wishlist forever. Still no release date though. It looks like a perfect mash-up of BoI and Nuclear throne.

I played this at TwitchCon! It's loving amazing. The first level is pretty easy and then the second level introduces a lot of fuckery.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I unlocked Get Out of Jail Free Card like on the first day this came out and I still haven't seen one drop. Unless you have like Dr. Fetus + Glitter Bombs or a D20 or something that you can cheese one out I wouldn't ever count on one dropping on a Lost run.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Kanfy posted:

You unlock lucky pennies by donating one penny to Ultra Greed's machine after beating him.

Thought it was two pennies. For the dead.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Power of Pecota posted:

I unlocked Get Out of Jail Free Card like on the first day this came out and I still haven't seen one drop. Unless you have like Dr. Fetus + Glitter Bombs or a D20 or something that you can cheese one out I wouldn't ever count on one dropping on a Lost run.

Still more likely than Dad's Key.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I picked up the dunce cap because I am obligated to do so at one point to add it to the collection page and I figured, oh god, this run is hosed.

Juuuust made it. If I didn't have brimstone I definitely would not have. So thanks, brimstone.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I feel like I've had more luck getting joker cards to facilitate getting key pieces then getting a get-out-of-jail card.

It was pretty satisfying abusing glitter bombs to get a joker card on the chest to get the second key piece. At the same time it also felt really dumb and Mega Satan should just be unlocked permanently after a 1-5 kills.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I was pretty pleased the other day when one of the starting four chests in The Chest had Dad's Key in it.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Oxyclean posted:

I feel like I've had more luck getting joker cards to facilitate getting key pieces then getting a get-out-of-jail card.

It was pretty satisfying abusing glitter bombs to get a joker card on the chest to get the second key piece. At the same time it also felt really dumb and Mega Satan should just be unlocked permanently after a 1-5 kills.

Agreed. Now that Hush is the big ultra-hard postgame boss and Mega-Satan is part of the usual unlock rotation, there should be a reliable way to reach him. Putting him behind RNG made more sense when he was semi-secret and was connected to an ending you only needed to get once for 100% completion.

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

I like how Edmund made a big old deal about the new transformations but then all the new ones are really lame and boring.

Moms transformation is neat, even though it isn't good at all. But mushroom man could have done lots of stuff other than a heart. Cthulhu could have done TONS of stuff, other than flying and a heart.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm kinda okay with transformations being minor. It's basically a bonus item or two for collecting certain other items.

Although I think the new transforms could stand to have secrets/achievements tied to them or transformations in general could stand to have a bit more fanfare when you achieve one.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

This probably goes without saying, but don't pick up Scatterbombs if you already have Dr Fetus. Not only does it make aiming a lot harder, but having too many explosions on screen at once can also crash your game.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Yeah, I just had that happen after a Maggie run breaking Greed Mode via D20. Missing No. the stage after switched me to a laser-guided explosive tears-are-lasers-that-scatter-into-bombs-and-oh-god-what-is-happening. Did it like three times and the game just gave up the ghost. On restart I just let the congo line of familiars take everything out while I sat as a statue.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Samuel Clemens posted:

This probably goes without saying, but don't pick up Scatterbombs if you already have Dr Fetus. Not only does it make aiming a lot harder, but having too many explosions on screen at once can also crash your game.

Soy Milk and Dr. Fetus is fun, but adding Scatterbombs would be a nightmare!

Connoisseur
Oct 2, 2010

"Every minute we waste could be the difference between a soldier goin' home alive or goin' home in a bag."
There's some new achievements I've just noticed (Though some may be related to the fact I haven't filled up the Greed machine).

Everything is Terrible 2!!!
Greed just got harder!

Special shopkeepers
Unlocked a secret.

Eve now holds Razor blade
Unlocked a new starting item.

Store Key
Unlocked a new item.

Lost holds Holy Mantle

Mega
Unlocked...

Connoisseur fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Nov 12, 2015

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Those were definitely not there before, I remember the achievement list ending in a big list o' babies.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Connoisseur posted:

Lost holds Holy Mantle
Is this for real?

I wonder how much I am gonna have to hate myself to do what it takes to get this reward and make the Lost ok.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

AbstractNapper posted:

Is this for real?

I wonder how much I am gonna have to hate myself to do what it takes to get this reward and make the Lost ok.

Probably beating everything with lost

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Well, I think that's a first:

I didn't know bibles could come in red chests, let alone devil rooms.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Alkydere posted:

Do you have Chaos! on?

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Samuel Clemens posted:

Counterpoint: you can do this

I saw today's daily goes to the dark room so I went and got the Megasatan key since the first devil deal had gently caress all. Joke's on me, the MS door just wasn't there.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Alkydere posted:

Rosary adds bibles in all item pools everywhere, you can sometimes find them in actual costs-a-heart devil deals wit rosary.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

BillmasterCozb posted:

Do you have Chaos! on?

Nope.

Spergminer posted:

Rosary adds bibles in all item pools everywhere, you can sometimes find them in actual costs-a-heart devil deals wit rosary.

Ah, that explains it then.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Spergminer posted:

Oh...so it's literally the best item in the game, then?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
No? You can get far better spacebar items than the bible, and most passive devil items are better as well.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

IronicDongz posted:

No? You can get far better spacebar items than the bible, and most passive devil items are better as well.

No, the Rosary.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

BillmasterCozb posted:

No, the Rosary.

Why, because it makes the rest of the game statistically harder? You can get Bob's Brain if you want to do that :v:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I managed to get the combination of Dr. Fetus, the bomb item that makes your bombs work like bomberman ones, and the splinter bombs all in one playthrough. I didn't pick up Dr. Fetus until the chest, and upon trying it out, it filled literally every available square of standing space in the room with an explosion. I didn't even last 3 rooms before I killed myself with it because I had no choice but to explode myself but boy was it a lot of fun.

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

Am I the only one who's pretty much over this game after constantly getting lovely drops? I've filled out the post its for every character on hard mode but it just isn't fun when all I ever get are anarchists cookbook, pjs, guppy's paw, etc, everything but damage upgrades so every room is a slog

I get that it's RNG but holy poo poo does it need some balancing if I'm gonna keep playing it.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Why, because it makes the rest of the game statistically harder? You can get Bob's Brain if you want to do that :v:

Wait, what?

Lemme just read the-

BoI wikia posted:

Increases the chance to find The Bible. The item has a chance to appear in any Item Pool.

Oh. Guess I read the post the wrong way, thought it said that the rosary adds ALL angel items into all item pools

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Has there been any fix for Azazel's post-it-note completion yet?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Does the crystal ball just stop dropping soul hearts past Mom's Foot? As soon as I got to the Womb I got card after card, which was really noticeable because I had sack-head which dropped batteries for me left and. And the RNG gave me particularly worthless cards too which really stung, nothing but fools and magicians on one floor too.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Justin_Brett posted:

Has there been any fix for Azazel's post-it-note completion yet?

What do you mean by this?

There initially was a bug with the importer, which assigned a few completion flags to the wrong place. As far as I'm aware the only way to get them "back" is to either do them again or reimport (and lose all your Afterbirth progress)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

MrL_JaKiri posted:

What do you mean by this?

There initially was a bug with the importer, which assigned a few completion flags to the wrong place. As far as I'm aware the only way to get them "back" is to either do them again or reimport (and lose all your Afterbirth progress)

That's what he was asking, is if there had been a fix that made the game check its own completion flags against the items/secrets unlocked on your save file, and then fix the broken post-its accordingly. To which the answer is no, they don't really have a way to do that unfortunately.

edit: But from my meager research it SEEMS that it's purely cosmetic, so if you just do the stuff that's broken it will a) fix that square on the post-it if you did it already and it's missing, or b) unlock the items that it's supposed to if it says you've already done it and you haven't. You can easily look up and cross-check the rewards with the paths on the boi rebirth wiki to sort it all out.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Nov 12, 2015

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT
Whew, finally killed Mega Satan with The Lost. Never gonna do that again.

Edit: hold on, weren't you supposed to unlock a baby by filling The Lost's post-it note on hard?

Wugga fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Nov 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
http://imgur.com/Fxga1vl ahahaha