Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Broken Cog posted:

I'd honestly say the companions in this game are more interesting than the ones in NV.
That might just be because I spent most of that game with boring army dude Boone though.

i liked boone but he is definitely the least interesting companion imo

i mean poo poo you got a mexican ghoul mechanic voiced by danny trejo available as a companion in that game

but yeah, the companions in FO4 are likable and interesting in spite of the poor writing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

crime fighting hog posted:

I'm not the only one who console'd max carrying capacity, right? I just got tired of picking and choosing which junk to grab or trying to remember to head back to a certain spot for some duct tape.

No, I actually like playing a game I paid money for instead of cheating to win at it.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
How do you get a companion out of their Power Suit?

Edit: nvm, found it

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Broken Cog posted:

How do you get a companion out of their Power Suit?

Talk > Exit Power Armor

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
ok so did they forget to make walls with windows?

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Obsidian themselves have stated that this is overblown and have expressed an interest in working on another Fallout game.

The Metacritic thing seems to have blown from "Obsidian didn't get a bonus they were expecting and really could have used" to some kind of bitter feud between the companies but I don't think there is anything backing that up and Bethesda certainly hasn't banned NV from Fallout Canon or whatnot.

No, Bethesda is a gestalt entity that has a HATRED for Obsidian because they made a better game than them and have banned them from touching Fallout ever again because they are a literal 5 year old.

I thought everyone knew this?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I shot a raider as he was getting INTO power armor. Luckily his back was to me. Haha.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
Can someone make a mod to remove butcher pete from the radio please

I swear it plays like 5x more than any other song

Death by Chickens
Jan 12, 2012

Al! posted:

ok so did they forget to make walls with windows?

I'm also wondering this. Or interior walls with door frames? I mean I know you can use regular walls but the ones with doors built in don't look right inside. The building system feels like it's missing a lot of obvious pieces.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Is there a way to send companions back to their proper homes and not to a settlement?

Like I think it's weird Piper and Valentine go back to one of your bases and not to their own jobs.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
Just press exit on the destination Choice screen and they go home

Will companions drain fusion cores when wearing powerarmor?
Quick traveling seems to take 0 charge while sprinting drains it crazy fast

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

ShadowMar posted:

i liked boone but he is definitely the least interesting companion imo

The new EXP rule in Fallout 4 prevents you from getting EXP if a companion kills an enemy and you never did any damage to it. I can see why they did that, it prevents you from abusing someone like Boone, who killed everything around me with such ease that I just sucked up the EXP as we traveled. Still. I do miss it.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Obsidian did publicly get pissy about the contract with the quality bonus pegged at 85% and they've publicly blasted them for not providing any publisher QA.

If you think that publicly blasting the publisher doesn't cause bad blood you would be wrong, especially since there is tremendous amounts of dickwaving and bitching about crediting and public face done between devs and publishers (I've seen it first hand).

Like, even if the public didn't give a poo poo, Bethesda would.

I would not be surprised to see a FO:Location game come out in two years but I wouldn't put money on it being from Obsidian. They've got enough projects running right now plus the bad blood, meanwhile Bethesda is a larger publisher than they were and shouldn't have a problem finding a developer.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
If this question is still going around, I got a loading screen that confirmed shotguns count as Rifles for purposes of perks.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Cheston posted:

If this question is still going around, I got a loading screen that confirmed shotguns count as Rifles for purposes of perks.

Oh, thank goodness! That means that the rifleman perk that makes rifles ignore enemy armor will work for shotguns too. Which means... SHOTGUN SURGEON!

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Illegal Username posted:

Will companions drain fusion cores when wearing powerarmor?
Quick traveling seems to take 0 charge while sprinting drains it crazy fast

afaik companions don't drain fusion cores. i dont know if they even need one at all considering they can move at full speed without one when i was testing it out.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Sigma-X posted:

Obsidian did publicly get pissy about the contract with the quality bonus pegged at 85% and they've publicly blasted them for not providing any publisher QA.

If you think that publicly blasting the publisher doesn't cause bad blood you would be wrong, especially since there is tremendous amounts of dickwaving and bitching about crediting and public face done between devs and publishers (I've seen it first hand).
Just chris avellone on his twitter, who doesn't work there anymore

and just a week after that incident feargus was talking with pete hines on where obsidian should do a second "New Vegas" and as far as I understand it, pete hines is kind of higher on the business pole

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Sigma-X posted:

I don't remember Obsidian getting pissy or blasting Bethesda at all, though even mentioning things like that is probably verboten with publishers.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Illegal Username posted:

They appear to go back to Sanctuary if I do that.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I tend to hand harvest crops for extra cash, but does surplus food go into the workshop inventory? Because I've been making more money off of mutfruit than the stores I set up.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Outside of doing Garvey's first couple of fetch quests for EXP, I haven't touched the settlement stuff once aside from throwing junk on the ground to get better salvage out of it. Feels good.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Do any companions have quests that trigger by keeping them around, or is there any advantage to sticking to someone after you get a perk for maxing their friendship?

So far my plan has been to just keep them around long enough to get a perk, then dumping them for the next one. Any negative consequences of this?

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.

Gridlocked posted:

They appear to go back to Sanctuary if I do that.
Uhh, i might have just hit esc actually. Phoneposting from work so i cant check

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Landmines and grenades are really, really useful in crippling Legendaries. Just pop some down to take off a leg or two and they'll end up helpless on the ground, ready and waiting for you to pump them with 80+ bullets of your weapon of choice with impunity. Definitely useful for ghouls that run everywhere or synths or whatnot.

This is especially helpful in Survival difficulty where taking 2-3 hits can mean death for you. It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
If Obsidian don't make a spinoff who else would? Bioware maybe. I used to joke about Bioware making a Fallout game. It would have a fully voiced main character, dialogue wheels and companion romances. Ha ha.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
What does your vault dweller specialize in? Uh...fire magic.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Yeah I'm gonna take that legendary spawn mod, not really into the other ones you made, but I like there's mods like that already now :)

I don't even use half my mods lol

SoldadoDeTone
Apr 20, 2006

Hold on tight!
So my saving problem appears to be worse than I thought. The game does not save anymore, period.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So i went into the secret qasmoke room and looted all the magazines because gently caress hunting for that poo poo when I'm lobbing explosives everywhere (I've had mags clip through the game world never to be seen again)

So I supposedly have all the mags...but I'm still missing some wild wasteland ones, and still missing some surgery and stuff.

No idea where those are supposed to be found...

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

2house2fly posted:

If Obsidian don't make a spinoff who else would? Bioware maybe. I used to joke about Bioware making a Fallout game. It would have a fully voiced main character, dialogue wheels and companion romances. Ha ha.

Machinegames aren't up to much after releasing Wolfenstein: The Old Blood and are also owned by Zenimax, could be good if they make a Fallout game.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

SoldadoDeTone posted:

So my saving problem appears to be worse than I thought. The game does not save anymore, period.

Check if the folder it's supposed to save to has somehow been set to read only perhabs?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Judge Tesla posted:

Machinegames aren't up to much after releasing Wolfenstein: The Old Blood and are also owned by Zenimax, could be good if they make a Fallout game.
They're working on another project right now already though, considering they're hiring.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Saint Freak posted:

Is this modded? Looks pretty :krad:!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Is this modded? Looks pretty :krad:!

No, that's just time frozen while swinging the shiskabob around.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Ok so i think I ran into my first quest breaking bug, concerning the cabot missions

After the first quest with the serum I'm supposed to find emogene cabot, which after asking around the third rail turns out to be at a weird cult at the river. Problem is, after the guy opens up the room, she plain isn't there, and I have no way of continuing the mission. Did someone do this mission and find her there? Or am I missing something?

old-timey newspaper gal
Feb 23, 2005

crime fighting hog posted:

I'm not the only one who console'd max carrying capacity, right? I just got tired of picking and choosing which junk to grab or trying to remember to head back to a certain spot for some duct tape.

I didn't plan on using console except when necessary on my first playthough but with junk gathering being very important I found myself returning to base 2-3 times on each quest just to dump off gas cans and tape rolls, kinda ruined the immersion for me so yep had to give myself +500 carry weight and im having more fun now.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Saint Freak posted:

Did you have to kill that chick in Goodneighbour for that dress? Can you put armor pieces on over it?

LumberingTroll posted:

Could you look into making a mod that removes the size limit on settlements? There is one on the nexus but it requires using cheat engine and f that.

Theres a size limit? That sucks, is it at least like 50 people?

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow

Son of Rodney posted:

Ok so i think I ran into my first quest breaking bug, concerning the cabot missions

After the first quest with the serum I'm supposed to find emogene cabot, which after asking around the third rail turns out to be at a weird cult at the river. Problem is, after the guy opens up the room, she plain isn't there, and I have no way of continuing the mission. Did someone do this mission and find her there? Or am I missing something?

This happened to me too, so that's where I'm stuck until someone can find her reference ID for me and can "moveto player" her.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
player.modav
player.addperk
player.removeper
help "perk name" 0

is the best cure for altitis. Just increase and decrease as you see fit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Also, say what you want about Bethesda's linear quests, but they did account for me blowing that loving husband-killing rear end in a top hat to pieces the very moment I saw him after tracking down Kellogg. I didn't even let him get a single word out once I realized I wasn't looked into some forced cutscene. Though I guess that maybe he ends up dead no matter what you do, just with or without a conversation first?

• Locked thread