Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Hillary Clinton
Bernie Sanders
Martin O'Malley
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
ok the twitter thing was dumb but not terrible I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Joementum posted:

No, make employers provide it to college grads.

Absolutely force employers to provide on-the-job training, they need to stop asking for public/nonprofit money to pay for highly specialized and in many cases non-translatable training.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Drake University

"Come and learn why that hotline bling"

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Ralp posted:

I'm going to write a coming-of-age novel set during this debate wherein a goon comes to terms with the realization that he was never really in love with Bernie Sanders, he was in love with the idea of Bernie Sanders.

Hit me up I guess, but I've never been a big supporter of Bernie. Well, I was internally, but not online. I knew this would happen. It wasn't a big surprise, so I wasn't hurt.

Edit: I'm more middle age, so coming of age doesn't work. Though I have talked a lot about how young people need to be hurt in an election. Does that count?

Pohl has issued a correction as of 05:01 on Nov 15, 2015

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^
Clinton using 9/11 as an excuse for being paid off by Wall Street was a low point of her whole career so far. Made no sense and was bizarre attempt to fix a whopper of an image problem.

Other than that not much went down. The questions weren't really new territory.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

The real winner was that amazing music.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Mitt Romney posted:

I also think Joementum is right again that she did give up a couple bad soundbites for general election ads.

meanwhile even the most 'electable' establishment candidate on the other side has said 'you gotta kill baby hitler'

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Bernie is a pretty poignant Jeremiah figure. :(

Watch closely what happens to O'Malley's Iowa numbers. If he gets movement there he has a chance.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Shifty Pony posted:

The real winner was that amazing music.

Someone record it and embed it into the forum index

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Mitt Romney posted:

I also think Joementum is right again that she did give up a couple bad soundbites for general election ads.

Everyone on stage tonight looked 10x as competent and "serious" as any single person on the Republican gallery

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Well, that very nearly wraps up the speculation that Joementum is actually John Dickerson.

Almost.

Did Trump actually respond to being called a carnival barker with "look at this circus"?

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Aw but we got to see Hillary and Sanders hug it out and O'Malley do the thumbs-up :kimchi:

Maybe you did, but I listened to Bernard-chan and turned off my TV :smugdog:

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

I was thinking of something more John Williams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efX13RYenJQ

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Wait...Frank Luntz said something sane?

https://twitter.com/FrankLuntz/status/665740089780142083

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
:shillary: was berned by twitter

no longer inevitable imo

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Joementum posted:

No, make employers provide it to college grads.

I'd take some trade school classes as part of undergrad if I could. :shrug:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
MSNBC is leading with Hillary's remarks about ISIS in their wrap-up intro.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Absolutely force employers to provide on-the-job training, they need to stop asking for public/nonprofit money to pay for highly specialized and in many cases non-translatable training.

My industry I'm going into requires a college degree then 17 months of training and regulations before I get to actually work (I'm still paid during the 17 months too)

I'd be fine with that for more jobs lol

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Fix posted:

Well, that very nearly wraps up the speculation that Joementum is actually John Dickerson.

Almost.

Did Trump actually respond to being called a carnival barker with "look at this circus"?

I thought he was Anthony Wiener?

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
This is it, sounds like something that would be playing while the Rebels repel the Empire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LviYtRXX51E

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Joementum posted:

MSNBC is leading with Hillary's remarks about ISIS in their wrap-up intro.

Full damage control

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Ralp posted:

I'm going to write a coming-of-age novel set during this debate wherein a goon comes to terms with the realization that he was never really in love with Bernie Sanders, he was in love with the idea of Bernie Sanders.

What does this mean?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Brannock posted:

Everyone on stage tonight looked 10x as competent and "serious" as any single person on the Republican gallery

not like thats difficult, tbh

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Bad Caller posted:

My industry I'm going into requires a college degree then 17 months of training and regulations before I get to actually work (I'm still paid during the 17 months too)

I'd be fine with that for more jobs lol

That's fine, the problem is when they go to colleges and say "hey, if you tailor this program to our needs we can totally employ your grads", then these grads come out and the company doesn't need as many people, so they can pay lower wages to the ones they get and then the rest are highly specialized for a position that is not available. This is different from having a more general degree that could make you adaptable to a variety of employers and situation.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Immortan posted:

What does this mean?

also goddamn youre loving stupid holy poo poo

i mean my loving god

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

lmao Jeb!

why do you fail at everything

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The first clip the RNC highlights: Hillary saying 9/11 is why she gets Wall Street donations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDxrNrCyJSo

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

paranoid randroid posted:

also goddamn youre loving stupid holy poo poo

i mean my loving god

Still butthurt I see.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Slick Willie will be the first 'First Gentleman'??

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Takeaways from the debate:
1. Bernie gets super uncomfortable when he's not allowed to stump. He's probably going to lose a bit of support after this despite doing what he always does.
2. O'Malley did surprisingly well, and while he's probably going to get a bump, it won't make the least bit of difference. (Also, his smile-while-talking face is creepy as hell.)
3. Hillary apparently channels Rudy Giuliani when pressed about her Wall Street connections. :cripes:
4. John Dickerson for God-King of Political Debates. CBSN was amazing in keeping the candidates on topic. Day and Night vs. the last GOP primary debate.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

paranoid randroid posted:

not like thats difficult, tbh

I mean, considering the properties of 0...

Seven Force
Nov 9, 2005

WARNING!

BOSS IS APPROACHING!!!

SEVEN FORCE

--ACTIONS--

SHITPOSTING

LOVE LOVE DANCING

Armyman25 posted:

This is it, sounds like something that would be playing while the Rebels repel the Empire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LviYtRXX51E

OH is that the show with David Gregory? No wonder I've never heard of that before. gently caress that show.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

poo poo I missed it where can I watch it

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Joementum posted:

The first clip the RNC highlights: Hillary saying 9/11 is why she gets Wall Street donations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDxrNrCyJSo

lmao, why did they include all of Bernie's answer in this clip?

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

O'Malley has no chance, that's what makes his terrible pot-shotting and condescending snickers so enraging.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

So does CSPAN not do debate wrap-up callin shows anymore? I thought they always did them regardless of which network the debate ran on?

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I'm honestly worried a Republican will win just because of so many of the Democratic base not being all that for Hillary

Like yeah she'll win the primary but she could lose a general from voter apathy and a republican candidate is just asking for more dead americans

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
All the reporter idiots I follow on twitter seem to think that the when Hillary said she is a child of the 60's or some poo poo is the biggest mistake and Rubio or Cruz will use that against her in the General. Did I miss hear it or what she said not a big deal? Then again these people keep telling me Rubio is the front runner yet never appears in the lead.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Holy poo poo, Hillary's campaign manager's name is "Mook"? Seriously? loving LOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Bad Caller posted:

I'm honestly worried a Republican will win just because of so many of the Democratic base not being all that for Hillary

Like yeah she'll win the primary but she could lose a general from voter apathy and a republican candidate is just asking for more dead americans

Same. Depending on the GOP nomination the democrats largest boon may very well be voting against their candidate. Reverse base mobilization.

• Locked thread