Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Nita posted:

Getting mad about space games!

And for the record, I was not AFK. I was alt tabbed and playing Fallout.

Pretty sure fallout is amazing and compared to star trek even better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

Axe-man posted:

Pretty sure fallout is amazing and compared to star trek even better.

Best part about it; it matters if you press buttons or not, and, as if that's not good enough, you want to participate because the content is interesting and fun.

I mean not me. I don't like fallout. But, you know. If you do, it's great.

/alt tabs back to cookie clicker

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

-Troika- posted:

Almost done with the mirror event.

What day does it end? I still have 5 more of the thingies to claim, I missed a couple of days...

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Kesper North posted:

What day does it end? I still have 5 more of the thingies to claim, I missed a couple of days...

Black Friday morning most likely.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
They managed to really poo poo up the STO forum again, badly.

For a long time you could access their forum directly, at forum.arcgames.com/... , to avoid having it embedded -badly- in their arcgames.com/forum site.

They managed to poo poo that up, and in the process, somehow made it impossible for anyone to open threads in new tabs. No tabbed browsing on the Star Trek Online forum. It is special and different from the rest of the internet.

It still suffers from the original problems their broken embed had, like not being able to hold the mouse wheel to scroll, and not fitting mobile screens.

Except now they figured out how to break it worse, because hey, web pages are hard, especially forums.

It's kind of a shame, they've been doing so well with the game, on the cryptic side, recently, for PWE's unprofessionalism and shoddy work to mar it like this.

Doesn't look like it's Trendy's fault about the forums, but you can't envy her position having to front for this kind of poo poo tier mess.

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Nov 18, 2015

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

With all the terrible forum behavior, I wonder how successful a semi-official offsite STO forum could be. Running on a little less terrible software.

It'd probably be too much :effort: but it'd be hilarious if Nerds of Prey Online ended up being the forum everyone used to talk about STO.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

hakimashou posted:

They managed to really poo poo up the STO forum again, badly.

For a long time you could access their forum directly, at forum.arcgames.com/... , to avoid having it embedded -badly- in their arcgames.com/forum site.

They managed to poo poo that up, and in the process, somehow made it impossible for anyone to open threads in new tabs. No tabbed browsing on the Star Trek Online forum. It is special and different from the rest of the internet.

It still suffers from the original problems their broken embed had, like not being able to hold the mouse wheel to scroll, and not fitting mobile screens.

Except now they figured out how to break it worse, because hey, web pages are hard, especially forums.

It's kind of a shame, they've been doing so well with the game, on the cryptic side, recently, for PWE's unprofessionalism and shoddy work to mar it like this.

Doesn't look like it's Trendy's fault about the forums, but you can't envy her position having to front for this kind of poo poo tier mess.
I have no idea what you're talking about, opening threads in different links totally works

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
rip Rahhmi. Too beautiful for this world.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Tunicate posted:

With all the terrible forum behavior, I wonder how successful a semi-official offsite STO forum could be. Running on a little less terrible software.

It'd probably be too much :effort: but it'd be hilarious if Nerds of Prey Online ended up being the forum everyone used to talk about STO.

Forums are super easy, it's just the paying for traffic and all that poo poo.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

SKY COQ posted:

rip Rahhmi. Too beautiful for this world.

What happened to rahhmi?

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Acer Pilot posted:

What happened to rahhmi?

A successful martyr operation

Rahhmi
Aug 18, 2015

GO WEEDJI!

[05/28/2016 12:40:42 AM] Pulse: don't stir up my
personal drama, please

Acer Pilot posted:

What happened to rahhmi?

I went out to dinner and enjoyed the food I ate. Though there's a rumor that I got Banned, But reports of my ban are greatly exaggerated. On a side note, if anyone would like to join me in being banned, get in touch with me and I'll provide you with proof that you were banned too.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Glad to see that Dental is still inducing rage as goons should. Where was this anyway?
They're upset that he was AFKing in Mirror. For some reason AFKing in mirror normal drives pubbies insane. You get more marks for AFKing in MIA, but I've been doing the event in MIN because the tears sustain me. If you want more tears, here's a reddit thread full of people upset about AFKers.

For those who follow the thread but don't play, Mirror takes ~12 minutes to run no matter how well you do it. If you complete a mirror normal queue perfectly, you'll get 116 marks. If you AFK the whole thing, only killing the boss at the end, you'll get 96 marks. All other rewards are the same. And it's easy enough that two decently geared players could complete it with all optionals by themselves. A good team that actually tries will complete all the objectives 5 minutes in, then have to wait 5 more minutes with literally nothing to do while the timer counts down before the boss shows up. And yet pubbies can't figure out why people would want to AFK it.

bubbles depo
Jul 25, 2006

doot doot!
http://pastebin.com/Mi5LHiWq

I make one joke about monitoring chat channels, and this happens. Just... all of this.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Their servers are really hosed. I've been trying to log in to do my stupid daily Mirror mission for an hour now, and it just hangs at 98%. This happens every day.

faxmachine
Apr 1, 2007

Oh yeah....

Rahhmi posted:

I went out to dinner and enjoyed the food I ate. Though there's a rumor that I got Banned, But reports of my ban are greatly exaggerated. On a side note, if anyone would like to join me in being banned, get in touch with me and I'll provide you with proof that you were banned too.

I ate a ban about a year ago but I was able to get it reversed.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

g0del posted:

They're upset that he was AFKing in Mirror. For some reason AFKing in mirror normal drives pubbies insane. You get more marks for AFKing in MIA, but I've been doing the event in MIN because the tears sustain me.

How many of the queues for MIA are AFKers, anyway.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

I saw a 300+ comment thread about how afking is hacking on that sto reddit thing. Not going back there.

Stonewalljack
Oct 29, 2008

Acer Pilot posted:

I saw a 300+ comment thread about how afking is hacking on that sto reddit thing. Not going back there.

Afking is hacking and altering someone's online experience without consent is assault. It's a hard knock life.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Actually I think you'll find being AFK in Mirror Advanced is actually racism, a hate crime and also sexual assault. Anyone who does that is going to double FBI prison and totally getting their account banned for the capital crime of standing on a deck chair.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Dunno who muted me in TNG or why, but please undo it.

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003

-Troika- posted:

Dunno who muted me in TNG or why, but please undo it.

We are presently experiencing a high call volume.
Your petition will be considered in the order that it was received.
Thank you for your patience.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

DAVE!!!(c)(tm) posted:

We are presently experiencing a high call volume.
Your petition will be considered in the order that it was received.
Thank you for your patience.

Oh I see, this is another one of those "gently caress with troika for no reason" things, like @repetitiveepic's endless whining at me about stolen marks in the channel for the past couple of weeks.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
Isn't there a rule against bring off-forums drama onto the forums

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

anthonypants posted:

Isn't there a rule against bring off-forums drama onto the forums

It's kind of hard to bring it up ingame, since, y'know, muted.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

-Troika- posted:

Oh I see, this is another one of those "gently caress with troika for no reason" things, like @repetitiveepic's endless whining at me about stolen marks in the channel for the past couple of weeks.
How do you steal marks? And why is anyone here caring enough about this dying game to make drama about it?

Evil_Urna
Aug 16, 2004

-Troika- posted:

Dont import Drama bruh.

Also, if you had not stolen those marks then no one would be mad about it.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
"I appear this evening as a thief and a robber. I stole this fleet module, these marks, this Borg Cutting Beam from Starfleet Dental, and warped off with them.”

- Frederick Douglass, Mirror Universe

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

g0del posted:

How do you steal marks? And why is anyone here caring enough about this dying game to make drama about it?

You can't steal marks.

Someone who joined an STF with me a few weeks back got mad because it was before the daily rollover and he didn't get the daily bonus. Cue some guy hounding me literally whenever I'm online about this poo poo.

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003

-Troika- posted:

It's kind of hard to bring it up ingame, since, y'know, muted.

You've been un-muted already.
And thank you for taking my tongue-in-cheek post about looking into it for you as an insidious sign of my being involved in the dark conspiracy against you.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

-Troika- posted:

You can't steal marks.

Someone who joined an STF with me a few weeks back got mad because it was before the daily rollover and he didn't get the daily bonus. Cue some guy hounding me literally whenever I'm online about this poo poo.

No one got mad about it Troika. It was a joke. You couldn't take it, and so we kept it going. Next time, roll with the joke instead of getting defensive.

Also, stop stealing my marks.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
It was me you fools, I was the one who stole the marks all along!

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Guys... I stole all your shotguns. Sorry, I didn't know what you were doing, after I saw the marks stolen, I couldn't help myself. Now I have 700 shotguns and only shame.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

-Troika- posted:

You can't steal marks.

There are no tanks in Baghdad.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

-Troika- posted:

You can't steal marks.

Euros then, whatever.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9658283

They've started the final model of the Carrier. They even called it the Jupiter. Well at least the ship in the screenshots is called that.

Honestly, I don't think it looks half bad from this angle

The nacelles actually look good compared to the last few ships they released. Remind me of the Odyssey and the Sovereign.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Tuskin38 posted:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9658283

They've started the final model of the Carrier. They even called it the Jupiter. Well at least the ship in the screenshots is called that.

Honestly, I don't think it looks half bad from this angle

The nacelles actually look good compared to the last few ships they released. Remind me of the Odyssey and the Sovereign.

Yeah I'm really hoping it ends up being a decent ship. I'm still hoping for/dreading the advent of a pet-focused "Wing Leader" or something secondary spec.

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Oh brave new world that hath such people in it...

wdarkk posted:

Yeah I'm really hoping it ends up being a decent ship. I'm still hoping for/dreading the advent of a pet-focused "Wing Leader" or something secondary spec.

Kind of surprised. That's not a half-bad looking ship!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
That's just the top of the bathtub ship with different nacelles, that's cheating!

• Locked thread