Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mierenneuker posted:

It is.

In Japan.

I think it's as much a stereotype in Japan as horoscopes are here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

That's an Aussie burger chain. Pretty good food.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

RatHat posted:

I think it's as much a stereotype in Japan as horoscopes are here.

Hence why in a bunch of fighting games they'd list the blood type as a statistic. I remembered thinking "... who cares?"

It's died down recently but in the US there was a decent amount of people who were in to the "blood type diet", which is kind of a weird sort of "paleo" logic where you should be eating the same diet as whatever ethnic group originally had your blood type (if that's even a thing).

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

If I was the EMT who had to get Ryu back on his feet after Zangief is through with him, I'd sure appreciate it.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Just Offscreen posted:

It's supposed to lampoon activism for things that doesn't need it and if you weren't careful could easily confuse it to be a joke.

I guess it did a pretty good job then! That or we have seen so much insane poo poo that nothing is a joke anymore. Well, nothing wants to be taken as a joke, anyway.

It's both D&D, the contents of D&D, and the sensitive goons that frequent it.

Truly, life imitates art.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Hyperlynx posted:

Does that red circle represent the beet slice you barbarians like to desecrate your burgers with?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

WarpedNaba posted:

It's both D&D, the contents of D&D, and the sensitive goons that frequent it.

Truly, life imitates art.

*steps around the ugly, insultingly obvious trap post*

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

stubblyhead posted:

Does that red circle represent the beet slice you barbarians like to desecrate your burgers with?

Haha, not that I'm aware of.

I didn't know beetroot on burgers was actually an Aussie thing. I guess that explains why whenever Maccas McDonalds or Hungry Jack's Burger King do an "Aussie Burger" they loudly point out that it has beetroot on it...

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

Hyperlynx posted:

Typical. Someone writes nonsensical poo poo and people on the internet say it's because of Aus burgers.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

AtomD posted:

Typical. Someone writes nonsensical poo poo and people on the internet say it's because of Aus burgers.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Seems most people don't get that it's actually supposed to say "healthy burgers" and not "heal thy burgers" until it's pointed out.

:thejoke:

johnny almond
Apr 20, 2009
Thats because they are pronouncing it "heal" not "heal" in their minds ear.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

AtomD posted:

Holy poo poo. :perfect::australia:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Oh God, I just got that.

JamesOff
Dec 12, 2002

What a frightening beast!

BrigadierSensible posted:

They're not in a bag, how can I eat all of them?

Go eat a sofa full of dicks.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
We don't have sofas in Australia. We have a beat couch or root lounge.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

I think saying beetroot is an Aussie thing. Anybody else just says beets. Also, are they pickled or fresh or what the hell? Do you grab them out of the ground and just eat them Dwight Schrute style? Pickled beets would be pretty awesome on a burger with an egg.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Robert Cop two was alright, but Ray Liotta was the best of the toy series

CherryCat
Feb 21, 2011

That's a strawberry.

College Slice

I heart bacon posted:

I think saying beetroot is an Aussie thing. Anybody else just says beets. Also, are they pickled or fresh or what the hell? Do you grab them out of the ground and just eat them Dwight Schrute style? Pickled beets would be pretty awesome on a burger with an egg.

Nah it's beetroot in the UK too, you get them pickled in a jar and they stain everything.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

I heart bacon posted:

Nah, we have regular raw beets too like everywhere else, great for roasting or baking in winter.
Yes, for some reason they are called beetroot and not beets here, no idea why - I guess because they grow underground? gently caress knows, why is coriander cilantro, why is cos romaine, why is rocket arugula?
We can buy canned whole baby beets too - great for salads. But for burgers and sandwiches we have sliced large beets in a can. They aren't proper pickled, just in a very light brine, and yes, they are awesome.
Summer meals go awesome with canned beets. Make a sandwich - use sliced beets. Make a salad - use whole baby beets.
E: Rather than have them hot and in season, we just like them chilled, out of season.

Fo3 has a new favorite as of 16:10 on Nov 19, 2015

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Fo3 posted:

Nah, we have regular raw beets too like everywhere else, great for roasting or baking in winter.
Yes, for some reason they are called beetroot and not beets here, no idea why - I guess because they grow underground? gently caress knows, why is coriander cilantro, why is cos romaine, why is rocket arugula?
We can buy canned whole baby beets too - great for salads. But for burgers and sandwiches we have sliced large beets in a can. They aren't proper pickled, just in a very light brine, and yes, they are awesome.
Summer meals go awesome with canned beets. Make a sandwich - use sliced beets. Make a salad - use whole baby beets.
E: Rather than have them hot and in season, we just like them chilled, out of season.

To be fair, it's going to be 41ºC (106ºF) in Sydney tomorrow, if you want to roast stuff in the oven to eat you don't live here.

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe
We have sofas, couches, lounges, whatever, in Australia its all just the same poo poo.

We have toilets too, because we're not scared of accents, like you are of "Toilet" or other vague maybe you think sound too international.

US = dumb it down.

Probably why you think blue cheese is cool and say "bleu" instead, but still treat it like poo poo in an rear end sauce.

Like some circle of stupid

We need another thread about hot dogs

Good to be on an American forum, good also because youre great jokes.

Nuke me if you think other wise, Im off getting medical care for free....

Verily I Shat has a new favorite as of 17:46 on Nov 19, 2015

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Do you feel better now?

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe

RCarr posted:

Do you feel better now?

Not really, but thanks for asking.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
do you wanna build a snowcreep

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Acne Rain posted:

do you wanna build a snowcreep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0cPsmAXx8s

(the lead singer is a goon, shockingly enough)

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Verily I Shat posted:

We have sofas, couches, lounges, whatever, in Australia its all just the same poo poo.

We have toilets too, because we're not scared of accents, like you are of "Toilet" or other vague maybe you think sound too international.

US = dumb it down.

Probably why you think blue cheese is cool and say "bleu" instead, but still treat it like poo poo in an rear end sauce.

Like some circle of stupid

We need another thread about hot dogs

Good to be on an American forum, good also because youre great jokes.

Nuke me if you think other wise, Im off getting medical care for free....

This isn't funny or a picture.

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

There is so much beautiful in the world if you look around. You are only looking at the dirt under your feet, Jimmy. It's not good for you.

PCOS Bill posted:

This isn't funny or a picture.

:ironicat:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Ohh, now I get it.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Oh God, I just got that.

Where are you storing them all?

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Verily I Shat posted:

Probably why you think blue cheese is cool and say "bleu" instead
Pronounced exactly the same.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

skander posted:

Pronounced exactly the same.

No it isn't. If you are pretentious enough to write bleu instead of blue, then you are pretentious enough to use the French pronunciation.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Aleph Null posted:

No it isn't. If you are pretentious enough to write bleu instead of blue, then you are pretentious enough to use the French pronunciation.
I'm not the one that writes it, the French people who make the stuff do that. I just eat it after they ship it here.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Aleph Null posted:

Which is "blhhhoooooooo" said half through your mouth and half through you nose. French is the ugliest and grossest of languages.

OK Some Butt Stuff
Jun 9, 2002

Solice Kirsk posted:

Which is "blhhhoooooooo" said half through your mouth and half through you nose. French is the ugliest and grossest of languages.

No it's not and you are wrong and dumb. And it's pronounced bleu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

AtomD posted:

• Locked thread