Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ShadowMar posted:

i think around 30 or so is when it starts to show up, so maybe 35-40?

Almost there, I'm 32 now. I can hold off on going X-01 hunting for a little while longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

ToxicAcne posted:

Why is the DJ for Diamond City Radio a literal autist. I actually prefer thee dog to this moron. Wtf were they thinking?

Visit him in Diamond City.

My game-breaking bug persists. So far it is only keeping me from finishing the Silver Shroud quest line, but I have no idea what else takes place in that area. I had the same issue in both 3 and NV.

Hopefully I can run off and do some other quests and whatever is wigging out in the game world will fix itself after a while. I'm sad.

titties fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Nov 19, 2015

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

ugh, as much as i like feral ghouls' new ai stuff, making them instantly home in on you when you touch the scripted event trigger to make them crawl out from somewhere even while you're sneaking is real annoying

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

Deified Data posted:

Out back of RR is a fleet of 5~ bare frames that I had no place else for - all the actual armor is just in storage.

Fallout 4: Your power armors. Give them to me.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Where does Nick Valentine gently caress off to? He offered to be a companion, but I rejected that because I was rollin' with Hancock. He's not at the doctor's office or the the Newspaper office and I didn't send him anywhere specific, so whatthehell?

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

caligulamprey posted:

Where does Nick Valentine gently caress off to? He offered to be a companion, but I rejected that because I was rollin' with Hancock. He's not at the doctor's office or the the Newspaper office and I didn't send him anywhere specific, so whatthehell?

his detective agency in diamond city, where you first got the quest to rescue him

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

ToxicAcne posted:

Why is the DJ for Diamond City Radio a literal autist. I actually prefer thee dog to this moron. Wtf were they thinking?

I actually liked his nervous bumbling. It sounded pretty genuine, like a real person who was terrible at being a radio DJ was commentating. It was endearing, in a train wreck sort of way.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Dandywalken posted:

But to attack a building 200 years after it was last used...

This Institute... Im starting to think they may have been questionably written!
raiders were using it to catch and sell fish, also dolphin meat

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

Archonex posted:

Yes. Unless it's a glitch i've had 3 sentry bots and my companion follow me around. They overheat constantly but you can either fast travel or wait at a target for an hour and they'll catch up to you. Then you can begin the slaughter. :unsmigghh:

The only catch is that I haven't figured out if you can reprogram them to have different friend or foe/faction adjustments. So "friendly" groups like the BoS do fly bys on them and they gun them down. And if they go near NPC's that you aren't allied with they proceed to wipe out entire settlements. So I have to be careful where I take my ancient, slightly malfunctioning, yet loyal murderbots.

You must appease its machine spirit with rites and sacred oils.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I sent my companions to Grey Gardens, and then came back for them and they were nowhere to be found. Went over that place top the bottom, checked out the other settlements in case I was mistaken, nothing.

Anyway turns out they were all hanging out on a nearby highway overpass that as far as I can tell is impossible to walk to so if I hadn't been on PC I think I would have been hosed (I guess maybe power armor jetpack but I never would have thought to go up there)

titties
May 10, 2012

Deified Data posted:

Out back of RR is a fleet of 5~ bare frames that I had no place else for - all the actual armor is just in storage.

I still only have 1 frame at level 26 :smith:

I found a raider who was wearing a frame with just a leg and a helmet. The rear end in a top hat was patrolling around but would not ever turn his back to me so that I could snipe the core with my .50.

I sprinted up to him, slammed a bunch of jet, and then tried to run circles around him to shoot the core but he still turns the same relative to your speed. I just want to wear power armor with my waifu is that so wrong?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ToxicAcne posted:

I dunno I like that guy.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

RentACop posted:

I sent my companions to Grey Gardens, and then came back for them and they were nowhere to be found. Went over that place top the bottom, checked out the other settlements in case I was mistaken, nothing.

Anyway turns out they were all hanging out on a nearby highway overpass that as far as I can tell is impossible to walk to so if I hadn't been on PC I think I would have been hosed (I guess maybe power armor jetpack but I never would have thought to go up there)

I wanna say there's a construction/service elevator thing near that highway overpass but I might be thinking of a different settlement.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

2house2fly posted:

Woah. Hey guys. Welcome to the Pulowski Preservation Shelter.

Ahahaha you motherfucker.

Jesus loving Christ at the Swan Lake :captainpop:

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I dunno I like that guy.

same, i like him a lot better than three dog who is The Worst imho

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

How are automatic weapons this time around? Given how DR works and all, I'm wondering if they can keep up damage-wise with non-automatic rifles.

Not sure if it's worth leveling Commando and making myself a sweet auto-laser.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Das Butterbrot posted:

his detective agency in diamond city, where you first got the quest to rescue him
He's not there, that was the first place I looked.

I'll go look again though.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Skeezy posted:

Jesus loving Christ at the Swan Lake :captainpop:

He was one hell of a surprise for my squishy Science guy. I thought I could outsmart him by hoping he got stuck in the geometry as I ran around the park but not only were the rocks he threw ridiculously deadly the fucker was smart enough to shield his face when I tried to headshot him with the laser musket

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Jesus. Curie is insatiable. I hit the romance option when it came up and now she wants to go at it all the time.

Back home in the settlement I have a sleep, Lovers Embrace. Ok makes sense.

We finish clearing out raiders from a camp site and rest up for the night, Lovers Embrace. Ok fine I mean we own this place now.

The public bunk house in Covenant after curing a butt load of rads and having just fought off an army of mirelurks and mutated mossies; Lovers Embrace. And when we wake up there are people in the beds next to us.

In an abandoned, irritated Metro cart underground; more or less surrounded by feral Ghouls and having one hour to rest up after having my face eaten off by a legendary vomiting radiation in my face; Lovers Embrace. JEEEEEZE CURIE LAY OFF A BIT.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Harrow posted:

How are automatic weapons this time around? Given how DR works and all, I'm wondering if they can keep up damage-wise with non-automatic rifles.

Not sure if it's worth leveling Commando and making myself a sweet auto-laser.

How good is your aim? Because they're awful in VATS (at least in my experience)

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Gridlocked posted:

Jesus. Curie is insatiable. I hit the romance option when it came up and now she wants to go at it all the time.

Back home in the settlement I have a sleep, Lovers Embrace. Ok makes sense.

We finish clearing out raiders from a camp site and rest up for the night, Lovers Embrace. Ok fine I mean we own this place now.

The public bunk house in Covenant after curing a butt load of rads and having just fought off an army of mirelurks and mutated mossies; Lovers Embrace. And when we wake up there are people in the beds next to us.

In an abandoned, irritated Metro cart underground; more or less surrounded by feral Ghouls and having one hour to rest up after having my face eaten off by a legendary vomiting radiation in my face; Lovers Embrace. JEEEEEZE CURIE LAY OFF A BIT.

Ah, the tales of beautiful robomance. It's... touching :allears:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Lakbay posted:

How good is your aim? Because they're awful in VATS (at least in my experience)

I almost never use VATS, so that wouldn't be too bad. How's the damage?

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES
If I selected The Railroad for final quest and I take out the brotherhood can I not use Paladin Danse after I've completed the game?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
i did all the intro stuff for danse and its telling me to talk to him for my next quest but he just gives me bullshit "dont talk to me now" lines.. am i hosed, or is there some future trigger?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

GhostDog posted:

Oh cow number 00133506, how many more times do I have to console you down from this roof?
meanwhile in coyo7own, the water trough is on the roof of the drive-in diner, and the paddock is full of basketballs, kickballs, and teddy bears in a passive-aggressive attempt to force the cow to climb up there

titties
May 10, 2012

Harrow posted:

I almost never use VATS, so that wouldn't be too bad. How's the damage?

Piddling on the hand-made pipe guns you find at first, but pretty much any automatic can be upgraded to have very little recoil and a high cyclic rate. At that point they are great but will burn through ammo very quickly.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Verviticus posted:

i did all the intro stuff for danse and its telling me to talk to him for my next quest but he just gives me bullshit "dont talk to me now" lines.. am i hosed, or is there some future trigger?

The Prydwyn later shows up, and you will be able to continue the questline then.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So this badass courser that gets talked up for multiple quests dies to my super sledge in two hits.

Is this a loving joke?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
So if you, say, leave a power armor in an instanced dungeon area you've cleared (sans core of course), will they vanish when the area respawns all the enemies and items? I could have sworn I left that armor in the courthouse where I met preston and co, and it's definitely not on the map anywhere.. :(

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Noyemi K posted:

Ah, the tales of beautiful robomance. It's... touching :allears:

Please remember nothing will ever stand up to FISTO.

Cyclomatic
May 29, 2012

"I'm past caring about what might be lost by letting alphabet soups monitor every last piece of communication between every human being on the planet."

I unironically love Big Brother.
Apparently there is a "wrong" way to salvage resources where you lose most of the resources and a correct way where you get all the resources.

Can anyone explain this?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

So this badass courser that gets talked up for multiple quests dies to my super sledge in two hits.

Is this a loving joke?

Did you expect Bethesda to make a challenging boss fight

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

So something happened to my screen during the railroad quest that completely hosed my screen. Everything is a slight green tint and the bloom is super bright, almost blinding. It looks like a high bloom version of fallout 3. I'm pretty sure it had something to do with my sniper scope. It happened when I zoomed in and held down alt to hold my breath and it came out into 3rd person and stay all scopey looking. Why is the hold breath key loving alt anyway... I have an entire keyboard we don't need one button to do 2 completely unrelated things. Anyone else have this problem? Restarting didn't fix it.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Reveilled posted:

On the contrary, it's the recovery from the apocalypse which is a key part of Fallout's setting, or at least it was before Fallout 3. Fallout 1 ends with the establishment of a democratic republic of allied towns. Fallout 2 ends with yet more cities joining that federation, with people casting aside old prejudices and coming together in a common effort to improve their conditions. That's what feels off about the timescale in the later Fallout games, the premise of the setting has been changed to "it's always the apocalypse forever", which doesn't mesh with the feeling of the previous stories in this setting. Which would be fine, if they had just decided to reboot the whole setting, or if they had decided to set the games during the period where the setting was meant to be truly post-apocalyptic--the first hundred years after the war. As it is, they've left the West Coast in the setting, which then creates the weird situation where skills like "making bricks" and "tidying up" are skills exclusive to Californians for some reason.

Fallout New Vegas took place in Vegas and not the NCR or Caesar's Legion's areas for a reason I think. Both areas are on the mend. Bandit attacks simply don't happen in Caesar's zone of control- because they're afraid of the consequences. The Capital Wasteland is also clearly coming back together as the Brotherhood have completely taken it over and built a gigantic airship.

The places we go to in the Fallout games tend to be places where it's still lovely, and your actions help determine what goes on there.

titties
May 10, 2012

Cyclomatic posted:

Apparently there is a "wrong" way to salvage resources where you lose most of the resources and a correct way where you get all the resources.

Can anyone explain this?

I don't think this is really a thing.

If you're scrapping the random junk you find lying around a new settlement and you scrap a pallet with some paint cans on it or something then the paint cans will disappear and maybe not have been scrapped. Scrap small items that are sitting on larger items before scrapping the larger items.

If you're talking about auto-scrapping something while crafting, don't worry about it. You're not losing anything as far as I can tell.

titties fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Nov 19, 2015

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Cheating makes settlement building much easier. Actually building is enough of a loving grind I don't want to worry about materials.

And yeah I don't mind the level of messiness in fallout games. Fallout games always take place on the fringe, on an area on the cusp of rebuilding. It's your job to ensure it happens, or happens your way, or at least stopping it from getting much worse. I'm sure during fallout 4 life on the west coast is almost back to "normal", it's probably almost equivalent to modern day standards of living. Peace and order, high technology, and a low population plus massive amounts of resources laying around. Life is probably pretty good.

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Nov 19, 2015

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Baronjutter posted:

Cheating makes settlement building much easier. Actually building is enough of a loving grind I don't want to worry about materials.

If you're on PC, activate god mode and you get infinite resources.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

SunAndSpring posted:

Did you expect Bethesda to make a challenging boss fight

With people crying so much about bullet sponge enemies I at least expected it to last more than a single round of VATS.

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

:siren: Put this in the OP immediately :siren:

http://files.shanelenzen.com/fix-fallout-4.html

:siren: Put this in the OP immediately :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titties
May 10, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

With people crying so much about bullet sponge enemies I at least expected it to last more than a single round of VATS.

BULLET sponge, not rocket hammer sponge

• Locked thread