Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron
Nov 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
What is the easiest way, using Cheat Engine or whatever, to get all of The Lost's unlocks? I finally realized I will never dedicate enough time to get them legitimately, but i want the rewards!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Power of Pecota posted:

Re: people who were happy to see the Stopwatch nerfed, how do you feel about Godhead as an item? Like, if you get it at any point in a run you've basically won to the same extent.
It's in an item pool you basically never see though

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Rorus Raz posted:

Pretty sure PHD has no effect on new pills since I got One Makes You Larger with it (unless there's some secret positive that I'm missing)

Honestly pills seems really lovely right now since the majority of effects are either neutral or very limited in usefulness like Re-LAX.

the "Good" part of one makes you larger is that if you've taken so many "one makes you smaller" pills that you can't see yourself, well..you might!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Power of Pecota posted:

Re: people who were happy to see the Stopwatch nerfed, how do you feel about Godhead as an item? Like, if you get it at any point in a run you've basically won to the same extent.

That's a much rarer item though. It's in what I would argue to be the most seldom seen item pool and it only has a chance of being there on any given run.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Woo finally got the Keeper. Now I just need to do Greed mode with the Lost and the Keeper and I never have to do it again.

EDIT: Keeper sucks. Lost with Holy Mantle is better.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Nov 22, 2015

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face

RatHat posted:

You know you have to die in a sacrifice room right?

Yes. That is what I did.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The Mysterious Paper randomly imitates other paper items, so it will only sometimes unlock The Lost.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Power of Pecota posted:

Godhead is fun and synergises with your build for cool tear effects. Stopwatch just makes everything slow.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I just wish they would push their ideas a little more to give items interesting effects, or maybe at least interesting nerfs. Like the Stopwatch; you could make it slowly run out with a timer every level. Maybe only a battery can recharge it if it depletes. Maybe it could stop working for the floor if you take damage, whatever the source. You could even make it a goddamn activatable item, for those times two Adversaries decide to meet you in a narrow hallway, as an 'Oh poo poo' button. Or make it only activate on SOME rooms, like a better Broken Stopwatch. Or just, christ, they could learn how to modify the value of items in a shop so if it shows up it costs $25 or $50 or something. Making it only work on hit feels boring and it makes it yet another backhanded way to force the Lost to be a misery to play.

I wish I got Edmund's hangups. ??? was a fine challenge character way back. Mostly the same, unique health system that demanded better play, slightly better damage to help compensate, some really fun unlocks, and it feels like a properly simple hard character to play with. I had figured they'd do some extra-hard demon style character who can only use and heal with black hearts, which would be even more of a challenge without being totally stupid (if they started with 3). Maybe that's the idea with the Keeper. I dunno. He's not as bad as a mantle-less Lost, but he's pretty boring. Which is more weird! Because even nerfed Lilith is really fun and a good character!

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Black August posted:

I just wish they would push their ideas a little more to give items interesting effects, or maybe at least interesting nerfs. Like the Stopwatch; you could make it slowly run out with a timer every level. Maybe only a battery can recharge it if it depletes. Maybe it could stop working for the floor if you take damage, whatever the source. You could even make it a goddamn activatable item, for those times two Adversaries decide to meet you in a narrow hallway, as an 'Oh poo poo' button. Or make it only activate on SOME rooms, like a better Broken Stopwatch. Or just, christ, they could learn how to modify the value of items in a shop so if it shows up it costs $25 or $50 or something. Making it only work on hit feels boring and it makes it yet another backhanded way to force the Lost to be a misery to play.

I wish I got Edmund's hangups. ??? was a fine challenge character way back. Mostly the same, unique health system that demanded better play, slightly better damage to help compensate, some really fun unlocks, and it feels like a properly simple hard character to play with. I had figured they'd do some extra-hard demon style character who can only use and heal with black hearts, which would be even more of a challenge without being totally stupid (if they started with 3). Maybe that's the idea with the Keeper. I dunno. He's not as bad as a mantle-less Lost, but he's pretty boring. Which is more weird! Because even nerfed Lilith is really fun and a good character!

I feel like weighted costs for items in the shop is something Edmund has talked about before but still not implemented. It's technically a nerf to some items because they'd cost more but I'd pay 30 cents for a Stopwatch or Blue Candle or Sack Head (god that's a strong item).

While we're at it, though I don't think it's as necessary, I'd probably get more use out of weaker shop items like Ladder or D12 if they cost like 10 cents instead, but that's less important than making the OP items just cost more.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

I feel like weighted costs for items in the shop is something Edmund has talked about before but still not implemented. It's technically a nerf to some items because they'd cost more but I'd pay 30 cents for a Stopwatch or Blue Candle or Sack Head (god that's a strong item).

While we're at it, though I don't think it's as necessary, I'd probably get more use out of weaker shop items like Ladder or D12 if they cost like 10 cents instead, but that's less important than making the OP items just cost more.

Well Edmund is addressing that right now, but God knows how he will. There's so many trash items in the game now that they almost feel like filler to make the average and better stuff harder to come by. Well, trash, or so situational and edge-case useful as to get passed up 99% of the time.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Black August posted:

Well Edmund is addressing that right now, but God knows how he will. There's so many trash items in the game now that they almost feel like filler to make the average and better stuff harder to come by. Well, trash, or so situational and edge-case useful as to get passed up 99% of the time.

I hate all the super bland "adds 1 to *stat*" items that clog up the pools, and I also hate the tons of bad activated items that no one will ever want versus another cool passive effect.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

poor Dead Sea Scrolls, useless since even the first game's release

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I tried to use Dead Sea Scrolls yesterday, for the first time ever. Even tried using it in a fight with Krampus.

I got the Kamikaze effect twice in a row and died

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.
Did my first real Keeper run just now. Swallowed Penny, Piggybank and Sack of Pennies by Caves 1. Added Fanny Pack and Jar of Flies later on. Lots of damage and Holy Mantle from an angel room; beat ??? then went back and defeated Mega Satan too to get both unlocks.

I expect the rest of his unlocks will be a bit harder going cause I must have blown all my luck on this run. And getting to Boss Rush will probably be a nightmare with him, too.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT
I'm interested: how do you folks approach the daily challenges? The way I see it you have to choose between overall score or speed.

The thing is, I've had some success with speed, whereas trying to rack up points seems like a complete crapshoot. I've had runs where I get great items from the get go and barely have to pick up anything, I explore just about everything and do the boss rush, hush, the whole shebang. In the end my rank is barely in the top 500, and sometimes it's ludicrously low. But just the other day I had a really succesful run where I found a bunch of damage ups and The Mind so I could always beeline to the bossroom and that got me the 39th position with time.

It's probably no surprise I prefer the speed approach, but what about the rest of you?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Daily today has a chaos card in the hush shop.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Baron posted:

What is the easiest way, using Cheat Engine or whatever, to get all of The Lost's unlocks? I finally realized I will never dedicate enough time to get them legitimately, but i want the rewards!

Make yourself invincible is the obvious one

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012

Wugga posted:

I'm interested: how do you folks approach the daily challenges? The way I see it you have to choose between overall score or speed.

The thing is, I've had some success with speed, whereas trying to rack up points seems like a complete crapshoot. I've had runs where I get great items from the get go and barely have to pick up anything, I explore just about everything and do the boss rush, hush, the whole shebang. In the end my rank is barely in the top 500, and sometimes it's ludicrously low. But just the other day I had a really succesful run where I found a bunch of damage ups and The Mind so I could always beeline to the bossroom and that got me the 39th position with time.

It's probably no surprise I prefer the speed approach, but what about the rest of you?

I like to take my time and explore as much as possible in the daily. If I get to the Boss Rush, I always do it. In the one today, doing the Boss Rush gave me the Relic, which gave me enough health to actually win me the run. Having the best DPS I think I've ever had in Isaac helped me wreck Mega Satan, but I would never have got through the Womb without the Relic.

If I get a good time rank, then that's a good bonus, but I don't rush. One of my successful runs took over 73 minutes, and I still somehow got the 90th best time.

biscuits and crazy fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Nov 22, 2015

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Is anyone else having weird issues with Eve? I've donated enough to the Greed machine to unlock the Razor Blade as a starting item for her, but it doesn't appear when I play as her. I've previously beaten Satan as her to unlock it in the first place and I have the appropriate mark on her post-it.

Also, reducing your max red health to 1 no longer seems to trigger Whore of Babylon for Eve, only taking damage down to 1 seems to do it.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Zark the Damned posted:

Also, reducing your max red health to 1 no longer seems to trigger Whore of Babylon for Eve, only taking damage down to 1 seems to do it.

Whore now only activates, for everyone, if you meet the requirements for it activating after taking damage.

Yes this is really really stupid.

[edit]

Knowing Nicalis they probably had it checking the condition every single game tick or something

MrL_JaKiri fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Nov 22, 2015

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Whore now only activates, for everyone, if you meet the requirements for it activating after taking damage. Which means that, eg, it does nothing on the Lost ever.

[edit]

Knowing Nicalis they probably had it checking the condition every single game tick or something

Guess I'm never playing Eve again.

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Whore now only activates, for everyone, if you meet the requirements for it activating after taking damage. Which means that, eg, it does nothing on the Lost ever.

[edit]

I'm pretty sure, like 99% sure, I just had Whore of Babylon with the Lost and it was on all the time

e2: nope, Eve definitely gets and keeps Whore between rooms after a devil deal to go to 1 heart container. Panic over, nothing has changed?

Edmund Honda fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Nov 22, 2015

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Wugga posted:

I usually take my time on the daily runs and explore everything. Not even necessarily due to the score, but simply because a lot of runs seem to be tailor-made for showcasing interesting item synergies, so just rushing through everything seems like a waste. Today's daily was Ludovicho + Brimstone, for instance.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Edmund Honda posted:

I'm pretty sure, like 99% sure, I just had Whore of Babylon with the Lost and it was on all the time

e2: nope, Eve definitely gets and keeps Whore between rooms after a devil deal to go to 1 heart container. Panic over, nothing has changed?

I'm playing with Eve right now.

I had 3 heart containers, with 1 red heart. Whore of Babylon was activated.

I took 2 devil deals to go down to 0 hearts. Whore of Babylon deactivated and only reactivated when I took damage.

Which, by the way, was from going into the Curse room while I had Holy Mantle active. Which obviously shouldn't happen either.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

You're correct about the Lost, I misremembered

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
Is it just really bad luck on my part, or do Curse rooms have a much lower chance of having items in them now? I can count on my fingers the number of times I've gotten some since afterbirth and I check pretty frequently.

Edit: Just noticed that the Ball and Chain no longer has a speed down attached to it. Pretty nice.

Anchors fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Nov 22, 2015

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Anchors posted:

Is it just really bad luck on my part, or do Curse rooms have a much lower chance of having items in them now? I can count on my fingers the number of times I've gotten some since afterbirth and I check pretty frequently.

No, you're right. They added more rooms they have nothing or red chests or runes or something.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
I am so tired of bombing secret rooms and just getting poop or 3 cents. I barely want to even try getting into them anymore.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Red Mundus posted:

I am so tired of bombing secret rooms and just getting poop or 3 cents. I barely want to even try getting into them anymore.

Or a button that spawns monsters.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Red Mundus posted:

The normal secrets seem just fine for me. I find plenty of good stuff in there to make it worth it.

Super secret, not so much sadly. I keep getting the flooded caves one with nothing but a + of retractable spikes with a black poop in the center.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012

Samuel Clemens posted:

I usually take my time on the daily runs and explore everything. Not even necessarily due to the score, but simply because a lot of runs seem to be tailor-made for showcasing interesting item synergies, so just rushing through everything seems like a waste. Today's daily was Ludovicho + Brimstone, for instance.

Huh, I didn't find Brimstone. I ended up with 8 Inch Nails + Continuum, along with a host of other damage and tears up items. Still a very easy win though.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Or a button that spawns monsters.

The Chest secret room with two buttons: One spawns 4 duke of flies and the other spawns 3 duke of flies.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Spergminer posted:

The Chest secret room with two buttons: One spawns 4 duke of flies and the other spawns 3 duke of flies.

That's better than the one that spawns 3 super envy

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Alkydere posted:

The normal secrets seem just fine for me. I find plenty of good stuff in there to make it worth it.

Super secret, not so much sadly. I keep getting the flooded caves one with nothing but a + of retractable spikes with a black poop in the center.

Super secret is a lot better now in my opinion with that rune room in the rotation.

I like secret rooms better now than I did in regular isaac when they were kind of boring and always money but I wish you' get items just a little bit more often now.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
After sinking 40+ coins into the slot machine and getting nothing except 2 pennies which i promply gambled away, too, i took a look at how the gently caress this thing even works or rather, why it doesn't.

Turns out that if you roll a reward on the slots and you are on Hard Mode, there's a 50% chance your reward doesn't pay out. That explains so much.
Ed really doesn't like gambling, i guess

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Spergminer posted:

Got this once in a tight room :shepface:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

I'm playing with Eve right now.

I had 3 heart containers, with 1 red heart. Whore of Babylon was activated.

I took 2 devil deals to go down to 0 hearts. Whore of Babylon deactivated and only reactivated when I took damage.

Which, by the way, was from going into the Curse room while I had Holy Mantle active. Which obviously shouldn't happen either.

That sounds more like a glitch there. I checked for myself with Missing HUD 2 (That thing is great), and Whore of Babylon did not get nerfed. The text seems to pop up at weirder times now, but it works just fine on anyone with no red hearts.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

I'm looking at the challenges I have left to do and most of them just unlock stuff I don't want anyway. I was wondering how the game chooses which consumables to spawn. Does the rng decide to spawn a rune, and then which rune, or does the rng just pick from the entire pool of consumables all at once? I ask this because I'm wondering if unlocking bad runes decreases my odds of getting the good runes or not.

Edit: obviously unlocking bad runes always nerfs the rune secret rooms and the rune bag either way.

LibbyM fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Nov 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

Dr. Fetus posted:

That sounds more like a glitch there. I checked for myself with Missing HUD 2 (That thing is great), and Whore of Babylon did not get nerfed. The text seems to pop up at weirder times now, but it works just fine on anyone with no red hearts.

It works with eve too, it's always on when you have 1 red heart or less, don't actually need to take damage for it to activate. The only exception is the 1st room on a level, for some reason you have to go to a different room first for it to trigger. This applies to greed mode so just go to one of the item rooms first and it should be fine.