Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

It's like the car has a magnificent NA racing engine in it, which has to redline to create enough output to feed the turbos, and then things get crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

:v:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

oh look the nerd ripped the sleeves off his t-shirt and started working out.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Saw this ol' thing yesterday on 95.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

New Zealand and Puerto Rico were running 4 rotors over a year ago (Here it is in earlier guise).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVIgJRWDR3o&hd=1

Edit: Also loving the fact it is an rx2/capella coupe. It was my fav old rotary I never got to own.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Nov 23, 2015

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

fyodor posted:

oh look the nerd ripped the sleeves off his t-shirt and started working out.
Apt analogy.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

GramCracker posted:

Saw this ol' thing yesterday on 95.

Oo bjbe indeed :allears:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Seeing Citroens like that on the roads makes you realise just how loving lovely and boring car design is these days outside of exotics. Love 'em.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

88h88 posted:

Seeing Citroens like that on the roads makes you realise just how loving lovely and boring car design is these days outside of exotics. Love 'em.

Seriously! The thing was super long-ish and pretty narrow. I rolled along side it for a while because :allears:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

This guy is famous in russia now. He sunk his vehicle offroading, got the water out of the engine and went to drive home when he snapped a rear axle, so he did what any sane individual would do

Strapped a log to his truck and drove 120km home.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

"A" log? There's no way a hunk of wood would last 75 miles.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I'm more impressed at the attachment job; ballparking about 3000lb vehicle weight and rough leverage points, that's about 1000 pounds static trying to pull the log away from the frame,, plus dealing with all the bumps and whatnot.

Unless it's just wedged in a handy spot in the frame.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

No Lada left behind.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

:fap:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Pointy as gently caress.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Powershift posted:

Pointy as gently caress.

the car too

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Powershift posted:

This guy is famous in russia now. He sunk his vehicle offroading, got the water out of the engine and went to drive home when he snapped a rear axle, so he did what any sane individual would do

Strapped a log to his truck and drove 120km home.

Looks like SOMEBODY watched that episode of Mythbusters.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

xzzy posted:

"A" log? There's no way a hunk of wood would last 75 miles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWwUTJM3jbA
Wood, Jerry!

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Well that's one way to give yourself total understeer.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Fun fact: New Boeings record up to 500GB of data concerning all aspects of the plane, to be sent back and used to further refine the plane designs.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
G...G..Guys.... I have found Peak AI :stonklol:

For those who can't see what is on the side, it says "NO FEAR" on the gas tank and on the valve covers...it says 635 CI and 10,406 CC. :black101:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

That's a Boss Hoss, but the biggest engine they offered was 502, so it's either got some serious overbore or had an engine swap.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
I bet the owner is a fat.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Preoptopus posted:

I bet the owner is a fat.

Are you suggesting he needs all that power to maintain a steady 35mph on the flat?

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
Look at his sweet orange fighter jet helmet though!

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

GramCracker posted:

G...G..Guys.... I have found Peak AI :stonklol:

For those who can't see what is on the side, it says "NO FEAR" on the gas tank and on the valve covers...it says 635 CI and 10,406 CC. :black101:

Nah, it's just stupid dickwaving bullshit sorry.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Gentlemen, the 1950est of concept cars:

Platystemon posted:

Illustration from 1956 or 1958

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

brought to you by chryslus motors

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Slavvy posted:

Nah, it's just stupid dickwaving bullshit sorry.

I was going to say, that looks awful small for 632 cubic inches, but I'd know fuckall about it other than it's maybe an LS engine.

Edit: Or looking at pictures online, I don't have any concept of how large a BBC is when it's not in a car.

boxen fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Nov 26, 2015

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Enourmo posted:

brought to you by chryslus motors
"Our ride floats like a butterfly"

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

boxen posted:

I was going to say, that looks awful small for 632 cubic inches, but I'd know fuckall about it other than it's maybe an LS engine.

Edit: Or looking at pictures online, I don't have any concept of how large a BBC is when it's not in a car.

It looks like your standard BBC. 635 could definitely be legit. GM made a crate 572 so I'm sure they could stroke one out pretty loving big.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

ExplodingSims posted:

I love old art deco 50s and 60s stuff like this. Dude's all in his mobile workshop like "bitch, drive the car while I make a birdhouse and taunt fate by sticking my wiener near this table saw"

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Looking for key blanks that aren't just stamped with some random locksmith's name, i came across these.

Motherfucking wood grain key blanks.

Gold plated.

Even with the dubious 70s america build quality, they make modern car keys look like fisher price dog poo poo.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Powershift posted:

Looking for key blanks that aren't just stamped with some random locksmith's name, i came across these.

Motherfucking wood grain key blanks.

Gold plated.

Even with the dubious 70s america build quality, they make modern car keys look like fisher price dog poo poo.

Classy as gently caress.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Previa_fun posted:

Classy as gently caress.

Digging deeper, it exposes how horribly lovely modern keys are.

Seriously. i'm on the verge of ordering key blanks for cars i'll never own.

http://exwisehe.com/crest_keys.html

edti: The pinto crest key had a spark plug gap tool on it.

god drat.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Nov 26, 2015

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

ExplodingSims posted:

It's an illustration from a Bruce McCall book which was published in 2001. I have it in my collection and it's brilliant, cost me about $5. It's packed full of ridiculous poo poo...

http://paleofuture.com/blog/2007/11/26/cars-detroit-forgot-to-build-1950-1960.html

quote:

Bossmobile Gal Friday Execustreak, 1958

Bulgemobile Corp. decided to give the busy Fifties executive the break he needed with its premier dream car for the '58 season. Enter the fabulous Bossmobile, where the high-salaried corporate big shot could sit back, digest his three-martini lunch, and dictate memos or gab to his golf pro on the portable Electrofone or just uncap the Johnny Walker in the lower right-hand desk drawer for a bracing nip or three before the Bossmobile deposited him at his split-level suburban home in time for cocktail hour.

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Nov 26, 2015

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Cavalcade of Chrome is an excellent band name.

It's a pity Paleofuture really dropped in quality after they moved to Gizmodo and became another clickbait site.

Collateral Damage fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Nov 26, 2015

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I've never read the site, it was just the first one to pop up with pictures. :)

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

The content on http://paleofuture.com is good and I recommend reading the archives there, but it stopped updating in August 2011.

Their new site at paleofuture.gizmodo.com is awful. "The 5 Spookiest Movies That President Nixon Watched in the White House" "This Family Dinner of the Future From 1981 Looks Depressing as Hell" :what:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

This page needed a 540.