Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Marta Velasquez posted:

Tap the little arrow on the left of the main forum in the forums listing.

That's one level deep, not two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

That's one level deep, not two.

Aren't they all still listed, though?

Like, project.log is under Cavern of COBOL which is under SH/SC. If you expand SH/SC, project.log is still listed, just not as a submenu under CoC.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Is there a way for me to get a message in-app whenever I get a pm? I have to constantly check if I'm expecting one

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

I added ways to check for beta to the FAQ.

As for sub-subforums, the forums sometimes don't show them where we parse them. Just refresh the index and they should appear.

Smoking Crow posted:

Is there a way for me to get a message in-app whenever I get a pm? I have to constantly check if I'm expecting one

The forums only show new PMs in 3 places: forum index, usercp and pm list. Even if we checked when reloading all 3, you wouldn't get a notification when reading a thread.
If you really want that, Something.apk supports that. Or you could enable mail notifications in the settings of the forums.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

New beta version 3.2.0.14

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme
Well, having had to wipe my phone and reinstall everything, Awful no longer recognises my custom theme in /sdcard/awful

Any idea what happened?

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Beta I assume? It's possible that's another case of runtime permissions I didn't check for. See if awful has the right to access files. Do you get the default theme or does it crap out entirely?

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme

Sereri posted:

Beta I assume? It's possible that's another case of runtime permissions I didn't check for. See if awful has the right to access files. Do you get the default theme or does it crap out entirely?

I get all the stock themes. Guess I'll go fight with SElinux some more. For fucksake. :sigh:

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

ArcMage posted:

I get all the stock themes. Guess I'll go fight with SElinux some more. For fucksake. :sigh:

Well, are you on marshmallow?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

On this version, viewing a thread crashes the app about 90% of the time. No error displayed, just crashes.
Motorola Xoom running Android 4.1.2.

It works fine on my phone. Motorola X 2nd gen running Android 5.0.1.

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme

Sereri posted:

Well, are you on marshmallow?

I'm on marshmallow, stock rooted Nexus 6. My file in /awful is missing rw permissions and I can't modify them; claims that permissions can't be altered on /sdcard. I don't know what the gently caress.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Check whether Awful has storage / file permission in the app settings

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme

Sereri posted:

Check whether Awful has storage / file permission in the app settings

There we go. Thank you.

I wish I had a brain. :saddowns:

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

ArcMage posted:

There we go. Thank you.

I wish I had a brain. :saddowns:

Guess I have to do some more runtime permission stuff. Ugh.

Aleph Null posted:

On this version, viewing a thread crashes the app about 90% of the time. No error displayed, just crashes.
Motorola Xoom running Android 4.1.2.

It works fine on my phone. Motorola X 2nd gen running Android 5.0.1.

Managed to reproduce this on an emulator that's basically a xoom on 4.1. Doesn't happen on emulated nexus phone with 4.1 I think I got a solution but that's gotta wait until tomorrow.
It's really weird though. The app doesn't even really crash, it just stops. No stack trace, no sending data to Google or crashlytics. Just dead.

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

I upgraded my phone to a z5 today (from Nexus 4) and Awful app wont show images anymore. Tried toggling all the settings, reinstalling, installing the beta, swapping wifi , clearing cache. This includes avatars the only images that work are the forum and thread icons. Not sure what to try next.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Honestly? Try something.apk (link in faq). Please report back whether images work there.

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

Yeah that works, thanks man. Didn't trust it enough to even check it out tbh, my brain didnt register it without the :frogout:

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme

Sereri posted:

Guess I have to do some more runtime permission stuff. Ugh.

Well, it works perfectly now that I flipped the storage permissions switch in Apps, unless setting that on install is what you meant.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
What's the solution for the forum index not showing up? My bookmarks load, but none of the subforums, it's just empty. Tried clearing data and uninstalling.

E: Huh, fixed itself after 10-15 minutes.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Nov 30, 2015

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
ArcMage: the latest beta really breaks your dark theme:

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Yeah, my bad. New beta that fixes this should already be going out. I posted a link to the apk in the other thread.

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme

hooah posted:

ArcMage: the latest beta really breaks your dark theme:

I think last time that happened to me I just had to go select some other theme and then re-select mine. That's how it behaves if it's been set to use some theme but the file doesn't exist, too.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

ArcMage posted:

I think last time that happened to me I just had to go select some other theme and then re-select mine. That's how it behaves if it's been set to use some theme but the file doesn't exist, too.

Tried that and it's still definitely broken. Running 3.2.0.14b from the other thread.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

I'm guessing you guys are on marshmallow?

Does the app prompt you for file access?

Does it work when you manually give it access to files / storage?

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Nope, lollipop. Droid Turbo running 5.1

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Well that definitely shouldn't be happening then. I'll look into it in a second, first I gotta fix serving the forum view instead of the thread view to <4.2 users. Woops.

e:/ Uh, I think I found the issue

Sereri fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Dec 1, 2015

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme

Sereri posted:

Well that definitely shouldn't be happening then. I'll look into it in a second, first I gotta fix serving the forum view instead of the thread view to <4.2 users. Woops.

e:/ Uh, I think I found the issue

Erm.

Well, I'm on Marshmallow, and I had that bug, and the new apk fixed it, thanks.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Il on Lollipop and the new beta version fixed ArcMage's theme. Thanks!

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
3.2.0.14c fixed the click-to-crash problem on my Xoom!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Aleph Null posted:

3.2.0.14c fixed the click-to-crash problem on my Xoom!
:psyduck:

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away
Sometimes the thread title in the top bar is a third the size of its normal size. The only way to get it back to its normal size is closing the app. Anyone else experience this?

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Latest beta got no crashes or complaints, so out to the market it goes:

Awful.apk 3.2.1.0

- Fixed the webm embedding, it should cause no more log-outs
- 6.0 runtime-permission checks
- Added option to embed tweets (post options)
- Stole 2 more thread tags from the iOS guys
- Now slightly more material-ish (5.0+)
- Progressbar now floats about the content
- Fixed threads in forums with special css sometimes using the default style
- Thread view no longer gets stuck after swiping in [code] tag
- Fixed an obscure webview shadows bug
- Some more crash fixes

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

No issues on my MotoX2014 running 5.1. It actually seems to load threads faster but that might just be placebo.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Daztek posted:

No issues on my MotoX2014 running 5.1. It actually seems to load threads faster but that might just be placebo.
Or, as a result of last night's forums migration to the cloud.

naginalJJ
Feb 10, 2007

Baby, looks like a dance epidemic to me
I'm seeing things I thought I'd never see
Dance epidemic tonight
After updating in the Google Play store I was logged off the forums and whenever I try to log in back in it tells me login failed.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

naginalJJ posted:

After updating in the Google Play store I was logged off the forums and whenever I try to log in back in it tells me login failed.

Have you tried clearing the app data?

naginalJJ
Feb 10, 2007

Baby, looks like a dance epidemic to me
I'm seeing things I thought I'd never see
Dance epidemic tonight

Sereri posted:

That did the trick, thanks!

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Sereri posted:

Didn't work for me. Tried deleting/reinstalling too. :(

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Same here, everything failed to load a few times, then I was logged out and can't log back in, just "Login Failed!" Cleared cache, cleared app data, reinstalled, restarted phone. Nothing helped.

The mobile site is ugly and scary. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

Thought at first it was because of my poo poo Walmart phone, but I had the same dump to home screen crash being described here 100% of the time. I had to (in this order) dump app data, uninstall, reinstall, enter User/PW and then exit and enter one last time for everything to work again

Runs great now.