Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Aphrodite posted:

Animating Quiet's shower scenes.

Ignoring david hayters phonecalls,trying to find the bits of the game that they lost down the back of the couch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Regalingualius posted:

I know I'm a bit late on the draw on this, but I've been playing MGS5 slowly but surely, and I have to ask: Did loving NO ONE on the dev team stop to think that maybe a more convenient checkpoint or save system would've been a good idea?

In particular, I'm thinking of that mission in Afghanistan where you're supposed to destroy a number of vehicles in 15 minutes. Just as I got the last one, I ended up dying during the "get the hell out" part of most missions.

I got sent all the way back to the very loving start of the mission. :suicide:

Back Up, Back Down is probably the worst of the lovely checkpoint system so if you can get through that the rest of the game is pretty amazing.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Action Tortoise posted:

Back Up, Back Down can break a man.

I was told you can S rank the mission by taking out 1 vehicle and timing put with the Phantom cigar.

If you wanna 100% the main objective, you're gonna need to learn a route and do it almost flawlessly.

Yep I did that. You have to block the road with the horse, Fulton the vehicle, then just chill behind a rock or other hidden place.

Re:checkpoints, with all long missions I just ran out of the zone of the stronghold to force it to checkpoint.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Skill checks in dialogue are good, but they really ought to be more than just “see the option with a skill highlighted next to it/the longest and most elaborate option, click it, win”. Pretty much every RPG with skill checks falls for that pitfall to a lesser or greater extent, though. It’s a hard one to get around without feeling like a cheap “gotcha” moment – haha, you thought you’d get a good resolution by picking the skill check dialogue, but you didn’t!! Sucker!!! I remember Shadowrun: Dragonfall and Bloodlines doing it pretty well but I can’t remember specifics.

As with many things, Planescape Torment had good skill checks (well, attribute checks) - they make new options show up, they let you succeed existing options, sometimes they just change things. For example, having a high enough Wisdom (I think) will have your guy recall memories as he does things. I also seem to remember a part near the beginning of the game where a man will spot that you're not a corpse and raise an alarm. You can try to break his neck to silence him - the option is always there, but only with a high enough Dexterity (again, I think - it's been a while) will you succeed.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Ignoring david hayters phonecalls,trying to find the bits of the game that they lost down the back of the couch.

Transcript of Hayter Call #35670 posted:

DAVID HAYTER: *indecipherable growls, breathless gasps* ...METAL... GEAR?!
QUINTON FLYNN: *high-pitched lisping snarl* RUUUUULES OF NATURE!
HIDEO KOJIMA: *long-rear end bong rip, chortling, Boktai music in background*

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Nice boktai reference ;)

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Nice boktai reference ;)

Someone should remember it. I liked those games; it was like a cutesy, overtly supernatural Metal Gear. :smith:

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Been playing Skate 3 on the 360 for about a week now, I knew it was old but apparently EA discontinued loads of poo poo like custom graphics and design stuff which sucks balls, also apparently none of the online stuff works at all, it's a graveyard.
But the thing that bothers me the most is... the game's not fun, I can't get used to these loving stupid arse controls and there's not even fun exploration to distract me, it's just boring poo poo.

The whole point of the Skate games is to try to emulate real life skateboarding as closely as possible using a controller. If you like skateboarding, you'll probably like the game, but if you're looking for an arcade action game like Tony Hawk, you'll probably be disappointed. It's one of my favorite game series ever, but I actually skate irl, so I'm sure that has a lot to do with it.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Here's something dragging Fallout 4: why can't I loving trash Legendary gear into scrap or components?

I guess it's so people don't accidentally junk legendary equipment, but you should be quick saving in a Bethesda game every so often anyway. Why am I being forced to cart away and sell my useless spec Legendary equipment? It's just extraordinarily stupid in a game full of stupid dev decisions.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Here's something dragging Fallout 4: why can't I loving trash Legendary gear into scrap or components?

I guess it's so people don't accidentally junk legendary equipment, but you should be quick saving in a Bethesda game every so often anyway. Why am I being forced to cart away and sell my useless spec Legendary equipment? It's just extraordinarily stupid in a game full of stupid dev decisions.

I agree. However, the mods on weapons/armor are usually what's worth scrapping, and you can remove those, put them on another, generic, weapon, and scrap that instead. It's an unnecessary layer of inconvenience, but you'll end up with roughly the same amount of mats as if you'd scrap the legendary item itself.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
I'm out of the times with this post. I decided to be reckless a few weeks ago and bought Assassin's Creed 1-4 (None of the semi-sequels, just the four main titles.)

Assassin's Creed 1 was okay at first, but the thing that sucked the most about it was that you were meant to be a legendary assassin. What pissed me off the most was the amount of forced combat with multiple opponents who's main move was punching you in the crotch at every moment, especially in the later missions. You need to reach a certain character in a remote camp, are you able to be stealthy with creeping through the woods and undergrowth? Nah, just ride headlong straight to the camp, battle two or three dozen enemies and you'll get there and be greeted by half a dozen more foes who are out to lay town on your crotch even further. I'm thankful that the final battle bugged out on me.

Assassin's Creed 2 had some improvement's, it was better in some ways. But the whole trying to run around something but end up jumping to my death instead became grating, as well as constantly running up against a wall while more and more guards surrounded you was another no matter what direction you pressed.

I started the third, but by then I was already dead inside.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

I'm out of the times with this post. I decided to be reckless a few weeks ago and bought Assassin's Creed 1-4 (None of the semi-sequels, just the four main titles.)

Assassin's Creed 1 was okay at first, but the thing that sucked the most about it was that you were meant to be a legendary assassin. What pissed me off the most was the amount of forced combat with multiple opponents who's main move was punching you in the crotch at every moment, especially in the later missions. You need to reach a certain character in a remote camp, are you able to be stealthy with creeping through the woods and undergrowth? Nah, just ride headlong straight to the camp, battle two or three dozen enemies and you'll get there and be greeted by half a dozen more foes who are out to lay town on your crotch even further. I'm thankful that the final battle bugged out on me.

Assassin's Creed 2 had some improvement's, it was better in some ways. But the whole trying to run around something but end up jumping to my death instead became grating, as well as constantly running up against a wall while more and more guards surrounded you was another no matter what direction you pressed.

I started the third, but by then I was already dead inside.

play 4, and revel in being a pirate with his own ship running around and having an absolute blast

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
If you had issues with 2 but liked the improvements, try Brotherhood. Brotherhood and Black Flag are the two best AC games.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

sticklefifer posted:

If you had issues with 2 but liked the improvements, try Brotherhood. Brotherhood and Black Flag are the two best AC games.

Easily. Plus with a minimum level of effort you can unlock the ability in Brotherhood to summon a kill squad to do the work for you or for a little more effort, an orbital arrow strike.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Geniasis posted:

Easily. Plus with a minimum level of effort you can unlock the ability in Brotherhood to summon a kill squad to do the work for you or for a little more effort, an orbital arrow strike.

This is the best feature of Brotherhood

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So a few minor things really start to bug the hell out of me in Fallout 4 the more I play. Terminals are the big one. They play out their stupid animation of you sitting down to use them, and if there's a security door for no reason at all it takes like thirty seconds to open one. It's annoying. Then there's the sound direction. It's great when you're outside and you can hear the battles in the world and poo poo. But in a building it's awful, you can hear enemies floors above you with perfect clarity and it makes figuring out where anyone is a pain in the rear end. Is that guy I hear walking around and casually talking next to me, or five floors above me? I can't loving tell! Oh wait turns out he's blow me behind a security door so I get to hear him talk about how the jet makes him jittery until I find the password to the terminal!

EDIT: mines showing up in VATS is really dumb too. Thanks, game! I sure wanted to zoom in on those landmines a million feet away and not the ghouls charging at me!

Nuebot has a new favorite as of 04:24 on Nov 28, 2015

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Been playing Skate 3 on the 360 for about a week now, I knew it was old but apparently EA discontinued loads of poo poo like custom graphics and design stuff which sucks balls, also apparently none of the online stuff works at all, it's a graveyard.
But the thing that bothers me the most is... the game's not fun, I can't get used to these loving stupid arse controls and there's not even fun exploration to distract me, it's just boring poo poo.

The Skate games totally own and the controls are great when you get used to them but 3 (I think??) had the worst unfun awful world design of any game ever.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
3 managed to be the most boring because the whole thing was just designed as a super-cool awesome skatepark everywhere you went.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Cleretic posted:

Now that I've actually gotten to play it, I can say that Fallout 4's not too bad overall, even if it hasn't proven any of my concerns wrong.

But they give you way too much early on. I always felt a big part of Fallout was starting from basically nothing and slowly building up, but apparently Bethesda disagrees. By the end of the first quest, about an hour or two in, you have:

-Two separate home bases,
-Two companions,
-A faction to align yourself to,
-A full set of power armor,
-A minigun,
-A known location of a second heavy weapon (that is not under heavy guard),
-A lot of admittedly low-grade loot from raider corpses,
-And the remains of a Deathclaw that you slaughtered, by yourself.

And this is all without deviating from the main path whatsoever. You haven't been out of the Vault for a day at this point and you've already been given what would be an endgame position and saved the day against Fallout's big classic 'oh poo poo' enemy; I feel like it cheapens the whole experience, since it's not like it keeps up that momentum.

The fact it just gives you two companions is probably the worst part of it. Companions aren't exactly endgame for Fallout, but (at least in 3 and New Vegas, I can't speak for the first two) you at least need to expend effort to get them, and it was big when you did. New Vegas has a companion in the second town, sure, but getting ED-E online requires skill checks and scavenger hunting, and he's not exactly a strong fighter when you get him. 4 hands you two right out the gates without you even trying, it loses the appeal of companions in the first place.

:ssh: It's so the game looks "epic" and impressive to first look previews like Conan and etc who won't be playing more than two hours anyways to hook in new consumers.

Yes, I am that cynical.

Broken Cog posted:

I agree. However, the mods on weapons/armor are usually what's worth scrapping, and you can remove those, put them on another, generic, weapon, and scrap that instead. It's an unnecessary layer of inconvenience, but you'll end up with roughly the same amount of mats as if you'd scrap the legendary item itself.

Yeah, but then you have to craft additional mods to replace the mods you want in order to take them out, which is also another stupid and needless layer of obfuscation.

That, or the new legendary weapon has an effect you suddenly want, requiring you to do the process in reverse to your old non-legendary weapons to move the mods over to the new legendary weapon.

Teriyaki Koinku has a new favorite as of 05:03 on Nov 28, 2015

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Except you're exactly right because as soon as you're done with the first hour or two of gameplay, which incidentally is also the amount of time you need to play for a steam refund, you're left with no ammo for your fancy new minigun, no power for your power armor and a dog that runs into landmines and alerts every enemy in the cell to your presence. Maybe I'm being overly skeptical about the whole thing but it feels like just front loading the first few hours of a game and then not giving a poo poo about the rest of it is the new version of the whole pre-rendered trailer issue a few years back where people would get suckered in by the pre-rendered trailers then get really upset the game didn't look that good. Now we get games that are really great for like an hour, then turn into almost completely different games as soon as the standard streamer preview/review time is up.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It's not quite as extreme but fallout 3 had something similar where pretty early on it when you went to galaxy news radio for the main quest, you had to fight a super-super mutant and it gave you a mini nuke launcher to do it with.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
It's pretty :laffo: that the game is getting 9s/10s and gleaming accolades from reviewers, especially in its current buggy unpolished state, and is getting a pass for coming from a AAA publisher despite its glaring issues.

I'm having fun still, but the issues are still there and only more apparent as you get deeper into the game. I'd give it an 8 at its most generous and that would be if the game were more polished.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Oh, and I wish the NPCs would stop loving talking. Every vendor has like frustratingly long speeches you have to sit through before they'll just let you buy things and there's no shut the gently caress up button.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I keep seeing youtube videos of people walking 50 feet away or getting blown up during a conversation, which is hilarious to watch but has to be really annoying if it's even slightly common. It annoyed me in Mass Effect too, where there'd be a static camera angle but the NPC would wander around the level, so you'd have a conversation with a wall.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Nuebot posted:

Oh, and I wish the NPCs would stop loving talking. Every vendor has like frustratingly long speeches you have to sit through before they'll just let you buy things and there's no shut the gently caress up button.

It's pretty funny though if you stash all your companions at Red Rocket or whatever and start modding your weapons at a crafting station.

Literally everyone starts chirping up and making noise in a cacophony of one-liners no matter where they are in the area. Steffan quips about Nuka-Cola, Strong disapproves and wants to do less walking, Piper is impressed you can do more with your handiwork than craft a newspaper article, etc.

Crafting is very... Triggering for them. :v:

I also find it funny how the method to stop receiving quests is to literally run away from the person approaching you. It's like being Rand Paul and being asked a question by a DREAMer.

But it's also annoying when you're with a companion/NPC and you're trying to make a command and they keep walking around so you have to continuously move your camera/mouse towards them and they won't stop being so slippery (this goes double for Dogmeat :argh:). I know you can command the companions to stay still, but even then you have to go through this whole rigamarole in the first place and can't do that with other NPCs/vendors/etc.

Teriyaki Koinku has a new favorite as of 05:22 on Nov 28, 2015

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

2house2fly posted:

I keep seeing youtube videos of people walking 50 feet away or getting blown up during a conversation, which is hilarious to watch but has to be really annoying if it's even slightly common. It annoyed me in Mass Effect too, where there'd be a static camera angle but the NPC would wander around the level, so you'd have a conversation with a wall.

It's really annoying to try and talk to someone and they just walk away. One of the followers is a supermutant and the hitbox or whatever for being able to talk to him is a god drat mystery to me, I had to stand like fifty feet back for it to pop up, and then he'd just wander away to go phase through mailboxes instead.

EDIT: Bethesda quest design strikes again, by the way. They like to assume you never visit places unless you have quests for them, so if you clear a place then a random quest says to go to that place, or even a non-random one, the quest breaks forever. Right now half my quests are just loving broken and there's nothing I can do.

Nuebot has a new favorite as of 05:35 on Nov 28, 2015

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Gestalt Intellect posted:

It's not quite as extreme but fallout 3 had something similar where pretty early on it when you went to galaxy news radio for the main quest, you had to fight a super-super mutant and it gave you a mini nuke launcher to do it with.

Makes sense. They were pushing the Fat Man big in articles and previews and the like. So they give one to the player early on and after all it is nice to have in your pocket in case you need to blow up a high level guy you wandered into on accident, a common problem in open world games.

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

:ssh: It's so the game looks "epic" and impressive to first look previews like Conan and etc who won't be playing more than two hours anyways to hook in new consumers.

Yes, I am that cynical.

Same here with Fallout 4, the commercials end with the guy finding a suit and walking around with his dog. Not only does it play good on Conan (and they don't have to make a separate demo, bonus!) but it shows players a decent bit of the action-y side of the game and the impetus to go explore more. So you've got the armor and a minigun but no fuel or ammo. Get out there and find some! You're probably still all "man shooting those guys was fun- holdup is that an abandoned factory on the horizon!"

Front-loading the cool goodies and new features may also be because so many fickle gamers hardly even start playing a game before giving it up.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

2house2fly posted:

I haven't seen this but I did have a second NPC come wandering through when I was talking to tinker tom and push me away from the conversation. Eventually kicked me out of it and I had to run up and talk to him again.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Arrath posted:

Front-loading the cool goodies and new features may also be because so many fickle gamers hardly even start playing a game before giving it up.

Then the devs are like "haha got your $60 sucker! gently caress youuuuuuuuu!"

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

You know, there's probably some more stuff in MGS5 that actively detracts from the game, but HMM... HMM-HMM-HMM... I just can't think of what they are at the moment.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Normal person: Oh sick, I just got a gun that shoots nuclear warheads! I love this game!

Goon: Who are you trying to fool, Bethesda?! -plugs another pin onto a piece of string on their Beautiful Mind wall-

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Nuebot posted:

EDIT: Bethesda quest design strikes again, by the way. They like to assume you never visit places unless you have quests for them, so if you clear a place then a random quest says to go to that place, or even a non-random one, the quest breaks forever. Right now half my quests are just loving broken and there's nothing I can do.

loving SERIOUSLY? This is poo poo that was broken in 2011 in Skyrim, gently caress Bethesda. This post just sold me on not grabbing FO4 until it's on a serious sale.

For content, related to the above, I'm just going to go into more detail on this poo poo. Skyrim generated quests in some fuckstupid way and one of the ways you could pick up these procedural quests was talking to an NPC in the Mage's whateverthefuck who would tell you to find a rare book in X dungeon.

Weeeeeellll what if you've been to that dungeon before, and already grabbed that book? It wasn't a rare situation, since I'm pretty sure the generator didn't flag dungeons used in other quests. So if you've already gotten the book, it suddenly gets flagged as a quest item in your inventory, so you can't drop or sell it. No big deal, right? I mean, at this point it IS a quest item.

Except....

Some fuckwit brain donor at Bethesda decided these procedurally generated fetch quests should have multiple stages of completion. So if you haven't gone to the dungeon in question yet, going there and grabbing the rare book ticks the quest to the next state. Which, of course, means that if you already have it, that stage of the quest never gets completed, and you can't turn in the book you have. And since you can't drop it either, the only fix is via console commands.

I love Bethesda games but loving hell they have some powerfully stupid people on staff to let poo poo like this ship in a AAA title.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Don't the radiant quests potentially include anyone or anywhere? Like I'm sure I saw a screen shot of someone getting a contract to assassinate Parthunax the friendly dragon.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

One of the ones that broke for me wasn't even a radiant quest, it was a full blown quest line. I had to go rescue some lady from a cult except I'd already been there earlier and killed the cult for being a weird cult. So a few hours later I get the quest and you're normally supposed to go rescue her from the back room the of the cultists. But since I'd already opened the back room door she just didn't spawn into the world. :shepface: Quest points me to a room behind door I can't open without a key I don't have and can't get until I complete the quest. Using console commands to noclip through just reveals that it's pointing to the floor, for no real reason. Spawning the NPC into the world just has her spout generic dialogue at me.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Then the devs are like "haha got your $60 sucker! gently caress youuuuuuuuu!"

Well yeah but they also want people to play enough to be interested in the DLC :v:

..but maybe not enough to be tired to bad design decisions and then not get the DLC. Huh.

Oh but we're goons who'll buy it anyway.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Arrath posted:

Well yeah but they also want people to play enough to be interested in the DLC :v:

No they don't, they already sold everyone who pre-ordered a season pass. I don't think you can refund season passes.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Nuebot posted:

One of the ones that broke for me wasn't even a radiant quest, it was a full blown quest line. I had to go rescue some lady from a cult except I'd already been there earlier and killed the cult for being a weird cult. So a few hours later I get the quest and you're normally supposed to go rescue her from the back room the of the cultists. But since I'd already opened the back room door she just didn't spawn into the world. :shepface: Quest points me to a room behind door I can't open without a key I don't have and can't get until I complete the quest. Using console commands to noclip through just reveals that it's pointing to the floor, for no real reason. Spawning the NPC into the world just has her spout generic dialogue at me.

poo poo now I'm worried because I just cleared the gunner base. There's no quest there is there :ohdear:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Quests are supposed to respawn locations in cases like that. That's what's broken.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Ryoshi posted:

loving SERIOUSLY? This is poo poo that was broken in 2011 in Skyrim, gently caress Bethesda. This post just sold me on not grabbing FO4 until it's on a serious sale.

For content, related to the above, I'm just going to go into more detail on this poo poo. Skyrim generated quests in some fuckstupid way and one of the ways you could pick up these procedural quests was talking to an NPC in the Mage's whateverthefuck who would tell you to find a rare book in X dungeon.

Weeeeeellll what if you've been to that dungeon before, and already grabbed that book? It wasn't a rare situation, since I'm pretty sure the generator didn't flag dungeons used in other quests. So if you've already gotten the book, it suddenly gets flagged as a quest item in your inventory, so you can't drop or sell it. No big deal, right? I mean, at this point it IS a quest item.

Except....

Some fuckwit brain donor at Bethesda decided these procedurally generated fetch quests should have multiple stages of completion. So if you haven't gone to the dungeon in question yet, going there and grabbing the rare book ticks the quest to the next state. Which, of course, means that if you already have it, that stage of the quest never gets completed, and you can't turn in the book you have. And since you can't drop it either, the only fix is via console commands.

I love Bethesda games but loving hell they have some powerfully stupid people on staff to let poo poo like this ship in a AAA title.

It's weird, because some quests do account for you having whatever quest item or components already in the dialogue tree.

As for the staff shipping broken content, I really believe it's due to complacency. Bethesda is known by gamers for being janky and buggy, so much so it's practically a trademark for them at this point. If people expect this as normal and buy the games anyways, what difference does it make for Bethesda?

Why change what's working when you can just load up the hype train vis a vis Todd Howard and release the exact same jank to the exact same fanfare?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

It's weird, because some quests do account for you having whatever quest item or components already in the dialogue tree.

As for the staff shipping broken content, I really believe it's due to complacency. Bethesda is known by gamers for being janky and buggy, so much so it's practically a trademark for them at this point. If people expect this as normal and buy the games anyways, what difference does it make for Bethesda?

Why change what's working when you can just load up the hype train vis a vis Todd Howard and release the exact same jank to the exact same fanfare?

Except it's NOT just in-the-know gamers this time around, they advertised this poo poo during NFL broadcasts a few Sundays ago. Not during ads - during the actual broadcasts themselves.