Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Dias posted:

Ah, well, I figured it was a troll. Ignored and I'll move on - and so should you.

edit: in a fruitless effort to keep the shitposting away, Capcom Cup is next week. If you guys are even vaguely interested in Street Fighter, it's probably gonna be a blast. I'm looking at the brackets and it's so stacked, going 0-2 isn't even embarassing, it's just unlucky.

the capcom cup thread is thataway -->

this is a thread for podcasts and youtube videos - not for you to fruitlessly attempt to segue my ownage of you into non sequitur discussion of fighting game tournaments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Depths posted:

SALT.jpg

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
It's like this thread is uber and scary ghost dog is a cab driver

Dias posted:

Capcom Cup is next week. If you guys are even vaguely interested in Street Fighter, it's probably gonna be a blast. I'm looking at the brackets and it's so stacked, going 0-2 isn't even embarassing, it's just unlucky.

Probably some SF5 news then, right? Sucks it'll just be of characters that have already been leaked.

:golfclap:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Liam-Scout is so creepy, goddamn

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Probably some SF5 news then, right? Sucks it'll just be of characters that have already been leaked.

We still haven't seen anything about the last new character. Also, when the last beta phase will start. Couple of cool things to look forward to, since I dunno when they'd reveal the last playable character if not there.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Every time I think Wonderful 101 is about to lose me with a new lovely minigame, glider segment, or indoor section, something loving cool happens

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Dias posted:

edit: in a fruitless effort to keep the shitposting away, Capcom Cup is next week. If you guys are even vaguely interested in Street Fighter, it's probably gonna be a blast. I'm looking at the brackets and it's so stacked, going 0-2 isn't even embarassing, it's just unlucky.

Capcom Cup is part of the busiest Super Best Friends weekend considering it's also the Game Awards and Playstation Experience.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
hahaha liam's "that is an aliieeeeen" in the latest devil's third

I forget about Snailborne but when it comes up again I remember how mad woolie is about it and that gives me glee

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tae posted:

Capcom Cup is part of the busiest Super Best Friends weekend considering it's also the Game Awards and Playstation Experience.

Just stockpile on liquor, make sure the internet is stable and leave the webcam on, I'd say.

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
If you're some sort of internet personality/group and you have some sort of pull, and do this thing full time, it makes no business sense to not have patreon.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
Woolie and I are heading to LA for a few days, and The Game Awards is the smartest part of it. We're primarily in LA to do a few collabs with certain people...

Liam is heading directly to the PSX awards, and basically leaves just as Woolie and I get back.

Pat is staying at home.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's a topic that's come up repeatedly, so I'm going to plug it here for interest. A translator is putting out a series of localization books, starting with the Legend of Zelda: http://www.fangamer.com/products/legends-of-localization-zelda-book

Author's job resume includes: Attack on Titan, One Piece, Dragon Ball, Summer Wars, and Detective Conan/Case Closed.

He also fan-translated MOTHER 3, Star Ocean, and Bahamut Lagoon.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

hahaha liam's "that is an aliieeeeen" in the latest devil's third

I forget about Snailborne but when it comes up again I remember how mad woolie is about it and that gives me glee

They've been dropping references to it here and there lately, I loving love it.

Wow, hotdog man shirt and they gave Matt glasses gwasses.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

TheRealestMatt posted:

Pat is staying at home.

HOLY gently caress I DIDN'T SEE THIS COMING

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

TheRealestMatt posted:

Woolie and I are heading to LA for a few days, and The Game Awards is the smartest part of it. We're primarily in LA to do a few collabs with certain people...

Liam is heading directly to the PSX awards, and basically leaves just as Woolie and I get back.

Pat is staying at home.

I am looking forward to the incoming Pat Stares At marathon.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

CJacobs posted:

I am looking forward to the incoming Pat Stares At marathon.

Pat Stares At Bottles of Jack

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

TheRealestMatt posted:

Pat is staying at home.

I laugh every time

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Tae posted:

It's a topic that's come up repeatedly, so I'm going to plug it here for interest. A translator is putting out a series of localization books, starting with the Legend of Zelda: http://www.fangamer.com/products/legends-of-localization-zelda-book

Author's job resume includes: Attack on Titan, One Piece, Dragon Ball, Summer Wars, and Detective Conan/Case Closed.

He also fan-translated MOTHER 3, Star Ocean, and Bahamut Lagoon.

You could probably just say "it's Tomato". Everyone knows who Tomato is.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
The latest SOMA episode is a complete what the gently caress moment, this games crazier and crazier holy poo poo. I was CERTAIN that the creepy robot man corpse thing who was following you was the WAU that wanted to get on the ARK to spread amongst the stars. But it ended up wanting to kill the WAU? Then the WAU EATS HIM, what the hell is going on, also wow is the ARK small. And holy gently caress giant monster whale. I mean I know that the story has an abrupt end but please I hope its something of a good sendoff to this amazing experience of a game.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Nov 29, 2015

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!
Liam's gunjumping through the airplane hanger in Devil's Third was some good rear end poo poo. Some hilarious, janky nonsense all around this latest episode. God dammit, December 11th can't come soon enough.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Everything relating to omicron and ross and the wau is super cool

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ArclightBorealis posted:

Liam's gunjumping through the airplane hanger in Devil's Third was some good rear end poo poo. Some hilarious, janky nonsense all around this latest episode. God dammit, December 11th can't come soon enough.

please tell me you're not paying full price

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!

Blockhouse posted:

please tell me you're not paying full price
Why not? I've paid less for way worse.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

ArclightBorealis posted:

have you considered spending your money on something worthwhile like xenoblade or just cause

or 60 hamburgers

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ArclightBorealis posted:

Because it's 2015 and you don't have to pay $60 for a bad video game

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's gonna be 30 bucks in like a month.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Hell, if you're so intent on dropping sixty bucks on a half-cooked pile of garbage, give me a sec to dig up my Paypal address...

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

Ehhh...the game is honestly and truthfully FINE. I'm of the opinion that if you like shmoltz, you should buy shmoltz. Especially since the game has a huge, HUGE multiplayer component.

That's a much better value than you're getting with Battlefront.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Isn't the multi-player free on the PC?

EmilBraun
Jul 13, 2015
Hope to see you Matt if you guys do a fan meetup and finals aren't killing me. Stay away from actual shithole Hollywood, find plenty of good grub, take it easy. Also stay off any freeway from 8 to 10 am and 5 to 7 pm. It gets pretty rough if you want to head anywhere at those times.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

ArclightBorealis posted:

When the time comes, post your full LP here.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Tae posted:

Isn't the multi-player free on the PC?

There's a f2p version in closed Japanese beta right now, published by Nexon. No idea when it's supposed to launch.

The Wii U version already has microtransactions - the in-game currency that confers the most weapon/gear upgrades can be bought with real money, but you do get a decent amount just for levelling up, checking into your clan bullshit every so often, etc.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

PiedPiper posted:

When the time comes, post your full LP here.

I'll do co-commentary where I list everything you could have bought for 60 dollars

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ruggington posted:

I'll do co-commentary where I list everything you could have bought for 60 dollars

I don't think the game is long enough for that

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

Support your local Sweet Babies!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UbTIJQDxF8

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I lost it when Woolie screamed "The Rage of Africa!"

Fantasy Tripe
Nov 4, 2009

Mesothelioma posted:

If you're some sort of internet personality/group and you have some sort of pull, and do this thing full time, it makes no business sense to not have patreon.

No joke, the $3 price tag on Vessel would be perfect to me if it was all going to the Best Friends. The thought that they would get like, a handful of pennies out of it after it's divided up between the dozens of shows I have zero interest in on that site makes me back down everytime. I'd pay $3 a month to a Best Friends patreon in a heartbeat, because I want THEM to have that money, not those other shows.

Edit : though really, if they really do refuse to ever accept donations or a patreon I'd be interested in knowing what merch gives them the best profit or whatever. The most direct line of money to them, with minimal other hands taking cuts outside of stuffing a $20 into Woolies dreads at a con.

Fantasy Tripe fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Nov 29, 2015

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I will never not laugh at someone slow fading out of existence.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
I really like watching the sbf stuff on vessel but theres NOOOOOOOOOOTHING else except maybe linus that's good on that site, glad i have that free year on there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Linustechtips is great because they have no idea what they are doing most of the time just tossing computer parts together and hoping it works right. I know it's kind of dumb but I can't stop watching their videos.