Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

pram posted:

poor detected in this sector

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JDbMkwoolo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

eric posted:

They're the laziest most entitled people on earth.

you're holding back

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

i was in b&n last weekend idly browsing for yosmas gifts and at least 1/8th of the shelf space of an entire floor was devoted to various dummies books. it was kinda arresting when i realized that.

computer help books are probably one of the biggest profit centers of brick and mortar bookstores if u think about it

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
brb, writing "how to look stuff up on the internet so I don't have to buy anymore books for dummies"

BennyGsGhost
Jun 27, 2002

Low P/B or Bust
Pillbug

The Management posted:

brb, writing "how to look stuff up on the internet so I don't have to buy anymore books for dummies"

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

i still have my well-worn html for dummies book around here somewhere

helped me make my tripod.com final fantasy 7 fansite back in the day

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

duTrieux. posted:

people who poo poo on the 'for dummiers' books are the real dummies!!!1

and by dummies i mean assholes.

one of my brother's classes used like a macroeconomics for dummies book, it was pretty lol

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

duTrieux. posted:

people who poo poo on the 'for dummiers' books are the real dummies!!!1

and by dummies i mean assholes.

imo you have to allow an exception for making GBS threads on dummies books written by paul thurrott

well maybe you don't it's still an rear end in a top hat move but it's, like, justified assholery

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Perplx posted:

this picture is why hate windows 10, the ui is waste of space

windows has 9 icons in the same space that osx has 33
tablet and desktop with 1 OS, the worst of all possible combinations

what wallpaper is that

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Korean Boomhauer posted:

what wallpaper is that

heat map of my crabs infestation

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Korean Boomhauer posted:

what wallpaper is that
that's the default windows 10 background

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hL8BBOwupcI

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

it's a very ugly background

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

Korean Boomhauer posted:

what wallpaper is that

http://internetcensus2012.bitbucket.org/images.html

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Smythe posted:

something something kosher

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
a guy trying to sell his book, and his book being for noobs is not really the most interesting thing ever, it's kind of funny seeing the concept of gadgets being explained like it's somthing new but that's about it

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

program666 posted:

a guy trying to sell his book, and his book being for noobs is not really the most interesting thing ever, it's kind of funny seeing the concept of gadgets being explained like it's somthing new but that's about it

it is when it's so poorly written, formatted, only available online and only 65% complete

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMATD2qk564

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

lmao "please no more tim, please let there be peace, stop stomping us in sales!!" - ms

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Last Chance posted:

lmao "please no more tim, please let there be peace, stop stomping us in sales!!" - ms

they just want tim to have some peace since last year's surface ads made him panic and scramble to release the apple surface

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

That doesn't sound like Microsoft SongSmith :colbert:

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Smythe posted:

text me

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.
so in windows 10 november edition for workgroups, you can right-click desktop apps in the start menu and get a handy "uninstall" shortcut to open add/remove programs

it opens the classic control panel instead of the new one :downsgun:

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

SupSuper posted:

so in windows 10 november edition for workgroups, you can right-click desktop apps in the start menu and get a handy "uninstall" shortcut to open add/remove programs

it opens the classic control panel instead of the new one :downsgun:
i put windows 10 in a vm and this really confused me, because a bunch of other apps would uninstall, or say they were going to uninstall, but one of them brought up appwiz and i didn't understand why. it still won't let me uninstall minecraft or the xbox app or iheartmusic or flipboard though

pram
Jun 10, 2001
yospos

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

iheartmusic, flipboard and minecraft are purely start menu advertising and not actually an installed app (unlike Candy Crush), the only way you can uninstall them is by right clicking their icons and selecting uninstall, they don't otherwise exist

xbox you can get rid of using the Remove-AppxPackage PowerShell command

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

pseudorandom name posted:

iheartmusic, flipboard and minecraft are purely start menu advertising and not actually an installed app (unlike Candy Crush), the only way you can uninstall them is by right clicking their icons and selecting uninstall, they don't otherwise exist

idk about you but my vm does not have the uninstall command in the right-click menu for iheartmusic, flipboard, or minecraft: windows 10 edition beta. i haven't gone through the powershell or dism commands for removing them yet.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

i gave up removing the apps because they kept randomly coming back

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
yeah once in a while an update comes out that puts them back on

eventually the start menu is just going to get flooded with ad-apps that you need to remove again every week

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

hm, I don't have any of these problems in Windows 7

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

anthonypants posted:

idk about you but my vm does not have the uninstall command in the right-click menu for iheartmusic, flipboard, or minecraft: windows 10 edition beta. i haven't gone through the powershell or dism commands for removing them yet.

oh, right, you have to un-pin them to make them go away

you can't use the powershell/dism commands because they don't actually exist as an installed app

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

hm, I don't have any of these problems in Windows 7

except for the windows 10 adware that comes back after you remove it

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Phoenixan posted:

yeah once in a while an update comes out that puts them back on

eventually the start menu is just going to get flooded with ad-apps that you need to remove again every week
this happened literally right after i had finished upgrading the vm from windows 7. i uninstalled a bunch of those apps, and they came back. this is why microsoft is cool again.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

pseudorandom name posted:

Do you have a pirated version cause I don't have any of those apps or any ads.

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
for some reason the new control panel is missing a lot of options and im glad the old one exists still

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Shaggar posted:

Do you have a pirated version cause I don't have any of those apps or any ads.

they don't show up in the Pro SKU, just Home

apparently they come from Windows Spotlight aka the Microsoft Windows Content Delivery Manager

pram
Jun 10, 2001
this operating system sounds like a piece of poo poo imho

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
is it possible to get an upgrade license for windows 7 home anymore?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

pram posted:

whoa whoa whoa

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
Don't like ads? We hear you. Treat yourself to a month of Windows updates featuring the Windows 10 Ad-Free Start Menu for a cost of 25 Microsoft BingBux For Windows 10. Earn Microsoft BingBux For Windows 10 by completing special offers from our premier partners, performing product-related directed actions via your Xbox One With Kinect system, or watching select 30 second films featuring products of interest to consumers like you. For more details, speak "Cortana, I'd like to earn some Microsoft BingBux For Windows 10!"

Microsoft BingBux For Windows 10 may also be purchased directly at the Microsoft Store for $1 each.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

pram posted:

• Locked thread