Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

haveblue posted:

Maybe this would finally be the motivation to make guns harder to obtain.

No, it would be blamed on Obama and his open border policies for Mexicans and refugees. :freep:

Never mind that a Texas state rep has literally said that they don't want Syrian refugees because guns are too easy to obtain in their state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

haveblue posted:

hahahahahahahaha

Dapper_Swindler posted:

one of the police scanners said they were middle eastern looking. scary if that turns out to be true.

yeah doesn't matter even if it is true, but yeah middle eastern and bearded is what a witness told police.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Scanner says witness identified one shooter as a Middle Eastern man with a long beard.

Welp. It's been a good run, guys.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fried Chicken posted:

Oh hey, someone asked about these events overlapping?

A lot of confused reports coming out from Community North hospital in Indianapolis about someone with a gun and / or a shooter there

Haven't heard anything personally but will be following closely as I know a couple people who work in the ER there :\

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Scanner says witness identified one shooter as a Middle Eastern man with a long beard.

Please stop being so goddamn credulous.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

haveblue posted:

That noise you hear in the distance is LeJackal et al thundering toward this thread, objections about why this seeming endless parade of mass shootings actually has little if anything to do with firearm availability/ease of purchase, but rather abstract mental health issues (not including funding and/or UHC) about which they're very, very concerned, let me tell you.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Trabisnikof posted:

hahahahahahahaha

yeah doesn't matter even if it is true, but yeah middle eastern and bearded is what a witness told police.

true. but it could be ISIS related or inspired.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Apparently there's a DHS plane circling over the scene now if that means anything. (I don't think it does.)

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

what

what the gently caress does this even mean?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Doctor Butts posted:

what

I have no idea.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

BonoMan posted:

For it to be a group of people (which lessens the probability of a disgruntled employee/ex patient) that attack an autism facility... the only that WOULD make sense is either:

a.) Actual ISIS or otherwise terrorists that are seeking to hit an extremely emotional and vulnerable target

b.) Idiots intending to hit a PP but got mixed up and his the wrong "medical facility."

Or...

Inland Regional Services

A very dumb sovereign citizen.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

zoux posted:

Please don't summon them here.

I'm sorry, but by law, every weapon which fires more than 5 times in a row is required by law to connect to the cell phone network and notify them to post in D&D.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Doctor Butts posted:

what

Erick son of Erick is a twat.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

JT Jag posted:

Let's see how TFR posters are handling this!

Cool!!

You obviously can not tell which posts are patented SA Irony.

:smith:

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Doctor Butts posted:

what

Erick Erickson is a massive rear end in a top hat, hth.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ComradeCosmobot posted:

I'm sorry, but by law, every weapon which fires more than 5 times in a row is required by law to connect to the cell phone network and notify them to post in D&D.

Thanks Obama.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

A single witness report doesn't confirm anything.

Erick, son of Erick.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

zoux posted:

Please stop being so goddamn credulous.

No, but we're in a world where any details are latched upon by those who think Sandy Hook was faked. So it doesn't matter if that witness, which didn't mention if the scary brown man had a gun, was lying. It will become part of the narrative that this was a false flag and or grander plot.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

pathetic little tramp posted:

Or...

Inland Regional Services

I hadn't even thought of this angle.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Trabisnikof posted:

No, but we're in a world where any details are latched upon by those who think Sandy Hook was faked. So it doesn't matter if that witness, which didn't mention if the scary brown man had a gun, was lying. It will become part of the narrative that this was a false flag and or grander plot.

I'm more interested in people not posting every goddamn rumor they hear no matter the source and everyone freaking out about it as if it were gospel.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Silver Nitrate posted:

Second degree assault and second degree riot charges. We've been talking about it in the Police Thread. It's still very much news where I live, but I happen to live in the city it happened in.

The shooters were only charged with that?!?1

Also poo poo I literally purged from my memory the planned parenthood shooting looks like I lost the try to remember the last mass shooting game.

Caros
May 14, 2008

I'm going to sue you for the damage done to my monitor. And for the hospital bill of getting shards of plastic out of my hand.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Or...

Inland Regional Services

Nahh, it's pretty much spelled out on the buildings and signs that it's the Inland Regional Services. (I went there when I shattered my nose during a water polo game)

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Luigi Thirty posted:

A single witness report doesn't confirm anything.
I'm a pessimist.

Or...

Inland Regional Services

That would actually kinda be funny, in the sort of way that Elliot Rodger was.

The humiliating failure part, I mean.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

If this is true, hello President Trump.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Maybe the long bearded man will be Dusty Hill.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ComradeCosmobot posted:

If this is true, hello President Trump.

It's not.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Police are evacuating the nearby Waterman Discount Mall. They believe the suspects have been spotted inside and are setting up a perimeter.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Epic High Five posted:

Haven't heard anything personally but will be following closely as I know a couple people who work in the ER there :\

Apparently it was an armed robbery in the parking lot and people and the Indianapolis press, already primed by what is happening in California, spun out really fast with over the top rumors.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

zoux posted:

It's not.

Hopefully not. We don't know right now, and won't until they find these guys.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
A long beard man could just be a duck dynasty guy.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Hopefully not. We don't know right now, and won't until they find these guys.

Why would radical Muslim terrorists attack a disabled services center?

greatn posted:

A long beard man could just be a duck dynasty guy.

It wasn't the police saying it, it was the police repeating a witness description.

And gently caress it wasn't even the police saying it, it's a poster saying that he heard the police say they heard someone say it was a guy with a beard.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

zoux posted:

Why would anyone attack it?

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Doctor Butts posted:

I mean, this is the kind of loving poo poo that you'd think just about everyone would be up in arms (no pun intended) about asking their government to fix this bullshit.

Look here pal, if the GOVERNMENT got involved things would just be WORSE :shrug:

(This is literally what people think, oh, and I guess throw in more Constitutional arguments to boot by people who will literally never own a gun)

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

zoux posted:

Soft target

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

FourLeaf posted:

Disgruntled employee, typically.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

zoux posted:

Entirely because it's a soft target, in order to rack up as large a body count as possible. Same story as Paris.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

zoux posted:

You know that whole angle on ISIS wants the west to hate Islam? That they want to be despised so that we're goaded into a war and enact the apocalypse?

If you're going for maximum terror and hate-inception, a disabled services center would probably do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

FourLeaf posted:

Neo-Nazis and eugenics.

• Locked thread