Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Goons hung up on hanging posters because they're more likely to be hanged than be hung.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Cage posted:

Right on time, bro.

Lmao, do you hang your posters up that way too? :fuckoff:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

This is wiping standing up vs sitting down all over again.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

You know what's cute? Peanuts. Specifically the best character, Snoopy, but that's beside the point. Let's look at some Peanuts move posters!

I take it it's a spin on the Grand Budapest movie poster? it's cute, but I don't like the windows. How does Snoopy sleep in there? Or I guess he goes inside with Charlie. I also like the titles beneath the character names ;)

...I'm not so keen on this poster. I don't think those words over woodstock's head are doing it any favors.

My favorite. My heart is melting! Look at that cute Snoopy nose. :love: It's nice they found a way to keep the iconic Schultz style without making it horrendous.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Lurdiak posted:

I only wipe my rear end with posters.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

kiimo posted:

You've seen it? How is Sly because he just won a supporting acting award from the National Board of Review but they have an agenda so I'm not sure.

He is a legitimate shot at getting another Oscar (although it'll probably be Mark Rylance). A lock for a nomination at the least.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Lurdiak posted:

I'm not sure a lovely placement of posters will literally sprinkle your floor with poo particles.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Wedemeyer posted:

You know what's cute? Peanuts. Specifically the best character, Snoopy, but that's beside the point. Let's look at some Peanuts move posters!

...I'm not so keen on this poster. I don't think those words over woodstock's head are doing it any favors.

Not sure if you knew, but it's supposed to be a take on this (also bad) Birdman poster:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Lady Naga posted:

I only wipe my rear end with posters.

Me too, but only if they're hanged too close to the ceiling.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That's why I wipe my rear end on the ceiling.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
While sitting or while standing though? that's the heart of this matter.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Come see Arvin and the Lemmunks!

As a reminder if you didn't see it...

Don't miss Ice Age Madagascar is Frozen and Penguin Minions are Walking With Coca Cola Polarsaurs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8A_F5oYJGI

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

gently caress you, it's January!

Except we have Kung Fu Panda for some reason.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Shoehead posted:

A poorly hung poster killed their parents.

Edit: and I was that poorly hung poster

Did it fall off the ceiling and crush his parents, because if so....

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

*Road Chip

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I still can't believe those posters have been using the same drat renders since the first movie.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Cage posted:

Ya'll doing exactly what I said you would do in my earlier post. Now get posting posters.

Well I thought both of them were dead so playing zombies is good casting.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Waffleman_ posted:

I still can't believe those posters have been using the same drat renders since the first movie.

Why can't you believe it? Everybody involved in any aspect of the Alvin and the Chipmunks franchise, from the directors to the screenwriters to the actors, animators, promo designers and audience, don't give a poo poo. Nobody making it cares if it's good, nobody watching it will notice that it's bad. As long as those annoying shithead CGI chipmunks are on a thing in that default 'tude pose people will go and watch it for some reason.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

King Vidiot posted:

Why can't you believe it? Everybody involved in any aspect of the Alvin and the Chipmunks franchise, from the directors to the screenwriters to the actors, animators, promo designers and audience, don't give a poo poo. Nobody making it cares if it's good, nobody watching it will notice that it's bad. As long as those annoying shithead CGI chipmunks are on a thing in that default 'tude pose people will go and watch it for some reason.

And yet they have the balls to open the same day as Star Wars.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I got yelled at because my Mad Max posters were 14 feet below my cathedral ceiling.

Sorry I can't basic design. :(

I think I yelled at you because I thought one poster was smaller than the others, but the twist was that I actually don't understand how perspective works.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Waffleman_ posted:

And yet they have the balls to open the same day as Star Wars.
Well, they're hardly targeting the same demographics.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Huh. I wonder if anybody at any time spoke up in a meeting and said "Isn't it a bit confusing to have a Colorado license plate in Monument Valley, AZ?

Fake edit: Oh no, Johnson, that's the point, they're driving to Colorado!

...I guess.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
They didn't even bother to cut out the white on..uh Simon's(?) glasses.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

A Buttery Pastry posted:

...yeah they are? :confused: Star Wars is PG-13, but it's getting marketed to kids hard and Star Wars has almost always been seen as a kid-friendly brand.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

kiimo posted:

Huh. I wonder if anybody at any time spoke up in a meeting and said "Isn't it a bit confusing to have a Colorado license plate in Monument Valley, AZ?

...I guess.

Get these fuckin rats outta my goddamn state.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

kiimo posted:

Don't miss Ice Age Madagascar is Frozen and Penguin Minions are Walking With Coca Cola Polarsaurs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8A_F5oYJGI

I'm the cartoon polar bear's rectal prolapse.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Star Wars targets every demographic.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Not a poster but the cover of the Hateful Eight soundtrack LP

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

kiimo posted:

...I guess.

Shoehead posted:

They didn't even bother to cut out the white on..uh Simon's(?) glasses.

Waffleman_ posted:

King Vidiot posted:

It's not a real poster.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
here is the real poster for comparison

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 31 hours!
Angry Alvin: Furry Road

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
It doesn't even have the right subtitle and is verifiably false with maybe five seconds of research but that's five less seconds towards making sick burns on a low-effort children's movie I guess.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
to be fair, this is also one of the official teaser posters, featuring everyone's favorite render of da munks lookin super cool with new sunglasses pasted over

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
The best is when they get uncomfortably close to the key art because it makes them look like horrible mouth breathers

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Lady Naga posted:

It doesn't even have the right subtitle and is verifiably false with maybe five seconds of research but that's five less seconds towards making sick burns on a low-effort children's movie I guess.

seriously i expected once Sleeveless pointed out the major error of "Road Chip" people would catch on but what do I know

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Wedemeyer posted:

I take it it's a spin on the Grand Budapest movie poster? it's cute, but I don't like the windows. How does Snoopy sleep in there? Or I guess he goes inside with Charlie. I also like the titles beneath the character names ;)

My favorite. My heart is melting! Look at that cute Snoopy nose. :love: It's nice they found a way to keep the iconic Schultz style without making it horrendous.

I think it's disgusting they put "by Schulz" on every one of these posters

uh because he's been dead for 15 years in case someone on earth didn't know that

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

I think it's disgusting they put "by Schulz" on every one of these posters

uh because he's been dead for 15 years in case someone on earth didn't know that

gently caress them for honoring the original author amirite
(it is probably a contractual obligation anyway, so people don't get ideas about snoopy being a merch mascot created in a marketing lab)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

fatherboxx posted:

gently caress them for honoring the original author amirite
(it is probably a contractual obligation anyway, so people don't get ideas about snoopy being a merch mascot created in a marketing lab)

I believe that it is a contractual thing and that any Peanuts media should have it on there somewhere.